• Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.

PKBlaster - Reforged PKB Color Swapper

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a tiny Java program created to allow recoloring/tweaking of PKB files. I am posting it here without a lot of testing yet. It will probably have a lot of bugs in a lot of cases. But I thought that by putting it here, that gives people access to try it out. When I showed some people screenshots of the first PKB files that I was able to successfully recolor, they were immediately asking "how" and rather than try to explain it, I think it is easier if I link them to this small program.

Here's an example video of Flame Strike turned purple with this program:

191503-8a0394278f7a83cfea0b9e9766d4f904.png

This program is open source and you can find the source code here: https://github.com/Retera/PKBlaster
Previews
Contents

PKBlaster - Reforged PKB Color Swapper (Binary)

Reviews
eejin
A utility for coloring PKB files which previously was not possible. The UI does need some work though such as more sane defaults for window sizes, some spacing in the layouts and perhaps tucking the raw data access away a bit as to reduce confusion...

Retera

Hosted Project: WME
Level 41
There was a new update tonight but I didn't want to double post. Within the past hour or two, 0.02 was released. You can check what version you have by looking at the title bar while the program is running.

0.02 fixes support for Group 14 in some PKB files while doing the automated color swapping. Thanks again to @Wildone for finding that this was a bug!

Thanks guys! I updated the download so that if you download the program again, it will have the fix for the "unknown Group 10" exception that Wildone got while testing. After fixing this, i was able to change the color of Blood Mage attack hand glows

Hey man, loving this program for editing the pkbs, thought i would let you know i found a particle that is giving errors when trying to change colors, it is the annihilationmissile.pkb, lol ofc i would want to be changing one that i cant, Group 1 it appears for this one. i took a screen of the errors. so yea here lol
i did find some others that dont fully change colors, but that could be because of something else i dont know, just info lol

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-07 170451.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-07 170451.png
    258.4 KB · Views: 50

eejin

Tool Moderator
Level 11
A utility for coloring PKB files which previously was not possible. The UI does need some work though such as more sane defaults for window sizes, some spacing in the layouts and perhaps tucking the raw data access away a bit as to reduce confusion.
Eg. the main window being cramped when viewing data:
1623614730791.png

Also the file dialog being tiny
1623614746950.png

And this needs some spacing as it is too cramped:
1623614765670.png

All in all a very useful tool with some rough edges.