• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Whats your view on jobs?What kind of a job would you like to do,and if you are working somewhere,what is your job?

My friend recently found a crappy summer vacation job(he works in a vinegar factory and mixes ingredients 8 hours a day,6 days a week,only to be payed about $325 a month)

I tried to avoid doing physical work,only to get a crappy,but somewhat well-paid paraphrasing job(i need to paraphrase about 1300 documents till sunday,and i get $200 when i finish the job).English is not my maternal language so i feel like banging my head on the keyboard when i have to paraphrase words like "intellectual property" etc.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
I currently model and teach guitar, not bad money considering I don't work a lot each week. I get £7 for teaching 30 minutes, and I teach 8 students a day, so all in all I get £56 for working 4 hours. Then per photoshoot I get £75, free clothes and a hair doo, but that's not as often.

Considering I'm only 16, that's not bad compared to my mates who do part time jobs :p

Level 27
God, i was just fired. I worked for 3 days, then the stupid boss said i couldn't keep up with how much things i should make. I should make like 60 of those 'things' (I have no idea how to call them in English) on a day, and i i didn't switch with his nephew which also works there i would've made it. I got fired at the end of the day, the fucking asshole surely didn't want to fire this lazy cunt-ass nephew. I hate friend/family-politics, especially because they are Turkish. Is that racist? No, its not because its typically Turkish behavior so shuss.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
I've been planning along with a buddy to start a small company and make some vfx and game assets, but we're lazy assholes and I don't think it'll happen any time soon...we'd first like to go on an internship at a vfx or games studio first, to learn how things move in the industry.

Level 35
I almost got a summer job in a window factory. But some asshole with protection occupied my position, so I didn't. I'm looking for a summer job now, but I doubt I'll find any. Maybe next summer. It feels kinda crappy that 90% of my friends are working, and I'm in the 10% that are unemployed.

Pretty bad that I can't join the army until I'm 18. I'm really planning to.

Level 11
i'm still looking for a job over the summer. wherever i went they said that i must have at least 16 years (im 15 and over 2 weeks it's my birthday) ...what assholes
i might go and work with my dad in a window factory, but first he must find a way to convince his boss

Level 15
Thinking and being me.
I was thinking to get a job with comps.
You know, fixing, repairing, selling.
But I never really tought about it.

Level 36
Very lucky indeed. There are a number of places I'd like to work, but the top of my list (for a summer job anyway) is in Chapters (Canadian Barnes and Noble for you American folks). I get discounts on books, and I get to drink Starbucks all day. Not bad at all. My cousin knows the manager and is trying to get me in, but I dunno whether it will happen or not.

Level 34
I'd like to work as some sort of retailer. I like talking to people, and I dislike labor. If I do go to school for computers, I may get into fixing/building them. Or work as a computer retail guy.

Level 27
Lol i once had a Training period and had work times that varied VERY much. Like i began on 9 or 8 and sometimes it ended at 12 or 3. It was kind off stupid, because if we were fast we could get earlier free, in the breaks we would go to mac donalds or get to the market on Thursdays to get fish =D

Level 12
I work for a company where I help make the world a little bit safer each and every day for the people I care about as well as everyone else in the world. While it does not pay the most in the world it does help me feel like a part of the bigger picture. I think that career satisfaction is key to everything else, and while money is an important part of life, your overall morale is much more so.

That being said there is a huge difference between a job and a career. Jobs usually suck, deal with it, most of us go through crappy stuff and few like it. But my one piece of advice is to never settle for a career, otherwise you will end up hating your life and going crazy, even if it is only in a metaphorical sense.

Level 12
I'm done with my job.Its probably the best paid thing i could get,being that for three days of commitment to my work id get $200,and thats $2000 a month if i work 15 days.

But i just cant paraphrase boring shit like the policies of a sausage factory,or the production of wheat in Ohio anymore.I feel like its slowly piercing my skull and molesting my brain.

Does anyone have any job tips?But serious job tips,i bet ill see at least three posts with "Rape kittens" or "Masturbate" answers.

Level 8
It depends how old you are and how long you can work for. If it's just for summer then golf clubs are good, they pay well and you can get discounts for family and friends. Waiting [as in waiter] is also easy to get hold of, might be different where you live though.

Level 12
I can work as long as it takes,but the job has to be at least a bit challenging or entertaining...

Anyway,ive studied photography for three years now,i guess ill try and look for a job there.

Level 21
One of best things about my job is getting to go to different places in london where we have offices and working. a few weeks back i was near buckingham palace in a place called malborough house for the annual general meeting; its some house that princes mary lived in or something. so yeh i get to see quite a few interesting places. if i were staying on and not going to university i would also work abroad. thats a great thing about working for a government agency, you have to handle the offices abroad as well as at home. some people dont like it, but i think the idea of being in london one week then dubai the next is great.

Level 12
To piggy back on what Dan is talking about in my job we have to go all over at times as well, it is pretty cool. I have sat in the chair of a Columbian Drug Lord, used the bathroom of an African dictator, and had tea with the Emperor of Japan, all of which are courtesy of my organization. The only problem with a lot of travelling a lot is when one has a wife\husband, it is tough on marriages.

Status
Not open for further replies.