• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why are we here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Hehe,lets discuss another giant question in this giant universe..

'Why are we here?/Meaning of life/us?'

Personally i am rly confused about this question, but i always can try and explain it. Ehm, as first i think we have chance of being here because we have a 'Purpose' or just the opposite ... we dont have a purpose at all, but then thats not why we are .. but if we have a purpose, and a real goal? what then is that goal? .. as first, in our society that we 'created' we go to school and have work, earn money, buy a home, live in it get love, get children of any other goal in live (get in the army and die, break a world record, build viritual worlds, design games, or whatever you can think of!). Acctualy you could say this is a goal we created our own, because if it was never there we didnt know how to do .. thats why i like to call life 'Just a big illusion created by human kind' (not that it matters anything to you -.-). By this 'Illusion' we are hiding our real existence and our real goal, the only problem is we dont know what that goal is so we created one ourselfs but thats maybe why we are hiding it .. (?!?!?!). As first, i think the first step to discover the real meaning of our existence is travelling into space and maybe even the stars beyond, then maybe some time we will know why we are here?

I dont rly have a theory, i just came up with this idea of making a thread about it because it seems intresting to me to share theories... well burn lose ;)

Level 14
These kinda threads are getting a little annoying. But anyways my take on it is that nothing has meaning or value. Neither me nor you. But things can be given meaning by an individual but it wont necisarily (however the hell you spell it) have the same or even any meaning as it would to another person.

Level 8
Notice what happened to the last discussion like this? It got closed because a majority of the people on this forum aren't mature enough or worldly enough for discussions like this.

That said, we're going to hear a lot of "We're here because God put us here."

Level 21
But anyways my take on it is that nothing has meaning or value. Neither me nor you. But things can be given meaning by an individual but it wont necisarily (however the hell you spell it) have the same or even any meaning as it would to another person.

yeh same, i belive we are just a bundle of chemicals that have been fortunate enough to overcome the rules of entropy to make someting quite astonishing but ultimately pointless. life as i see it has only the purpose to continue itself, but was not put here and is not here for any reason at all other that sheer luck.

oh and btw its necessarily, i always spell that word wrong :p

also btw i see tonks you are mapping CS:s :) very very good choice, CS:S is my favorite game.

Level 24
we're here because we can be, because we developed extreme advantages before other species did. we're here because our ancestors didn't question why they were there, they just knew that hey had to be and did what they needed to to make sure they stayed there. the only reason we're wondering why right now is that we have enough "advantages" to have time to actually think about it.

Level 5
in my opinion, there is no huge single meaning of life.
In my opinion, each of us has a meaning we must find for ourselves, someone or something that is very special to us, that we would die for, even live our entire lives for.

Level 10
We were created by the Atlanteans to work for them in various projects around the world. Some of these were mining, food production, construction, etc. By giving man the ability to reproduce on his own (the original sin), the population began to multiply quite rapidly. The Atlanteans began to clamor for more of the workers.

Humans eventually conquered the world, now we're just peacing out till we all go boom.

Level 8
We're here to disgrace ourselves and make threads like this to drive ourselves loco. We're also here to spread the message of Elron Hubert and wage war on Xenu. After, we fight the Persians at Thermopylae to defend Spartan freedom and their massive abs.

ANd our last purpose in life is to destroy the One Ring to protect Middle Earth and make sure we can hook up with all the hot hobbit chicks we can find. The End.

Level 5
The atlanteans that lorothrigimathingy was talking about, were really humans who had gained incredible power by Kitten Huffing for six straight years, many exploded in this process, but some of them became beings of pure energy with immense powers, and so they enslaved the human race.

here is where you can learn more about kitten huffing

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Kitten_huffing

Level 10
Well, if the big bang is true, then thats the purpose, life, death, live, hate, etc etc. There isnt a exact purpose, but there is personal purposes. Like.....WereWulf being WereWulf, thats a purpose.

Level 5
being something isnt a purpose.
you dont choose to be a human being, so there is no purpose to that.

Level 10
Purpose can be anything, anyone, etc. Purpose its a extenphysic Noun, which means it can be used for mostly anything.

Level 5
true, tho itd be interesting to note, is purpose real? can we truly have choice, coz when u think of it...theres no way u cud have made a diff choice, coz even your brain is influenced by everything, your situation determines what you do, choice is just the illusion of that in my opinion

Level 10
Nicely said, but, Purpose is all in a persons mind, there future, there lifestyle. Purpose, as I said, is a extenphysic noun, its anything.

Level 24
Who cares if choice is an illusion anyway, as long as you think you have a choice, you might as well. It doesn't actually matter whether or not you really do have a choice as long as you think you do.
it's like the whole "destiny" problem: do you reach the same place no matter what your choices are, or do you change where you go by making choices? are the choices you're going to make predetermined, so whether you decide to just give up on it or fight it, you're still following your destiny? does someone telling you your destiny change your destiny, how you get to it, or nothing at all?

people probably shouldn't think too hard about things like this because we have no way of ever really knowing. like that religion in the future thread that turned into "could God exist or not".

Level 19
We are here to learn out of our lifes, altough, this has been changed into a wrong direction.
Earth had to be a paradise, but things happened that weren't need to be.
Like the world war II, people murdering each other, the hurting, the suicides, and so on ...
For centuries this has happened, people are just betraying each other, and are being pissed on each other (Yes, even here on The Hive Workshop).
Until now, the new age is coming towards us which shall include new children with a specific goal and a higher consciousness to fix up the world.
I am one of these, you can believe me or not.
You might wonder what should be different then, well I can feel how other people feel theirself, I can use reiki to heal people, I can see aura's arround people if I want, ...

Ah well, believe what you want.
Read on if you are interrested :
http://skepdic.com/indigo.html

The world needs to become a peaceful place, once and for all.

~- Heero

Level 24
oh, i remember hearing about that "indigo" thing recently. i personally don't really believe it, but it's a great source of hope and the goals they are promoting are fantastic, especially considering the condition of the world said "indigos" are inheriting.

about seeing auras, i think it might be trying to see what you want to see. if you know somebody else who can see auras, go out to a mall or something and try to just watch people's auras (without looking creepy). check what he sees with what you see, not by asking "do you think that person's aura is <this colour>", but by asking "what colour do you think that person's aura is". if he tells you something different than what you were thinking, it's very likely that seeing auras is a placebo effect.

Level 3
For pro-creation?

A little bit off topic, but nevertheless, cells are made of molecules, am I right?
Therefore humans are made of molecules?
Like a post on page 1, we are just chemical stuff that can think or something?

Level 17
I think we're here to keep our race going on. Our meaning must be to Be Born, Bring Joy, Anger and All Other Emotions to Others, Grow Up, More Emotions, Get a Girlfriend or Boyfriend, Get Married, Make Babies, Help Them Grow Older, Become Old then Die. At the end, it just all ends with death, one day we're all going to die, get wiped from the planets face, I have beliefs that our meaning is Death, but also Civilisation.

Last edited:
Level 4
We here to learn and share all we know about Warcraft and World Editor because we really like the program and we meet peoples that feel the same right here... Except for it for me, I here to learn and shown everyone near me which I can make an warCraft map that good enough to played not just talking like my others friends

And from there we learn and became better from yesterday and without we know it the bill for our internet are jumped...

There. Is. No. Purpose.

In my opinion, the answer is very simple:

There is no purpose.

We humans are just one result of the extremely long "survival of the fittest".
Always the entity or creature with better capabilities of reproducing would be supreme and the weaker ones just perish. (So in the long run creatures will become even better at reproducing and surviving).

Earth had to be a paradise
According to what? The Bible??
Earth is just a ball of random mass, concentrated by the laws of gravity.
It is without purpose, just like everything else.

but things happened that weren't need to be.
Like the world war II, people murdering each other, the hurting, the suicides, and so on ...
For centuries this has happened, people are just betraying each other, and are being pissed on each other (Yes, even here on The Hive Workshop).
And again, survival of the fittest.
Murdering and betraying does enchance ones chances of surviving at some times and that is why those "skills" pass on from one generation to the other...

Until now, the new age is coming towards us which shall include new children with a specific goal and a higher consciousness to fix up the world.
I am one of these, you can believe me or not.
You might wonder what should be different then, well I can feel how other people feel theirself, I can use reiki to heal people, I can see aura's arround people if I want, ...

Ah well, believe what you want.
Read on if you are interrested :
http://skepdic.com/indigo.html

The world needs to become a peaceful place, once and for all.

~- Heero
That will never happen.

Well of course you can dream about it,
but it will never happen.

Last edited:
Level 10
We are living creatures, created for making balance on our planet...though in these times we just kill the environment.

The meaning of life..one of the biggest questions ever, i bet it doesen't have a meaning.
We are created, we use whatever we can find on the planet to survive, grow up, get insane and only thinking of breeding and then later dying..and then your children starts do the same things: take drugs, smoke, do extreme stuff, do suicide whenever he realises that he has got a shitty life with no meaning..
Life is strange, and i also guess god don't exist..because else he could atleast have given people fair lives. (i hate my life>_<)

Level 10
...According to what?

The laws of nature. Every living thing has it's purpose. If a creature goes extinct , the natural balance is upset and things happen that aren't supposed to. For example, if sharks were to go extinct the fish population would then spiral out of control, causing the plant and bacteria population to decline heavily, which would then cause the fish population to decline as well.

Level 3
Which would cause a HUGE increase in global warming. If whatever the above poster said comes true. ^

:|

Level 10
One reson why we are here is because mabey someone wants to watch our daily activitys. He is watching us right now through a couch with a clicker....God? higher entity? or am I just holding my breath.

Level 3
One reson why we are here is because mabey someone wants to watch our daily activitys. He is watching us right now through a couch with a clicker....God? higher entity? or am I just holding my breath.
Or else there are humans "Above" playing us in a computer game.

Quite pointless. There is absolutely no proof about it. It wouldn't have any effect on us even if there were a spiritual thingy somewhere watching us.

Diablo-dk said:
We are created for making balance on our planet...
The laws of nature. Every living thing has it's purpose.
There is nobody and nothing that tells the creatures to balance the world.
If a creature is not "balanced" with its environment, it will die and the creatures that are more fit will take it's place.
There is no purpose. There is only the reason and the effect.

If a creature goes extinct , the natural balance is upset and things happen that aren't supposed to. For example, if sharks were to go extinct the fish population would then spiral out of control, causing the plant and bacteria population to decline heavily, which would then cause the fish population to decline as well.
A countless amount of species has already gone extinct.
If a creature goes extinct, the other creatures will take it's place.
For example when sharks go extinct, other fish eating creatures will take their place by reproducing more due to plenty of food around. And again we come to survival of the fittest: "Sharks weren't fit enough to survive"

Last edited:
Level 10
Kitakebake, i think the point of this forum is to show your expression and feelings towards the subject, not to critisize other peoples belief's.

'Why are we here?/Meaning of life/us?'

God only know's.

And i think this thread is pointless, different reilgions and faiths have fought wars for thousands of years debating the argument.

Believe me people, this is what i say when things come into relation with reiligon, If thousands of years of war did not solve it. You will definitly not.

We have to wait and see... God only knows

Level 21
all this stuff about "bringing order" well think about this, the rules of entropy state that a closed system (earth) will become more random, which basically means decaying, with time. organisms in general completely go against entropy, they are what cause imbalance to this law, bringing order to what should be chaos. by rights for us to balance world we would not be here at all.

You all aren't prepared enough

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!

Last edited:
Level 21
IMO, we are on this planet because of a series of random chemical reactions, that then formed complex molecules that linked together to form the first living cells. Or, life on this planet came down from meteors (the most primitive type of bacteria on this earth are suitable enough to travel on a meteor through space and survive)
The reason we, as humans, are here... is simply from adaptation and evolution.

Level 24
Google: What is the answer to life, the universe and everything

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...life,+the+universe+and+everything&btnG=Search

Google has quite the sense of humor.

i got this in an e-mail from a friend
This is a strictly a mathematical viewpoint...

it goes like this:

What Makes 100%? What does it mean to give MORE than 100%? Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%? We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%. How about achieving 103%? What makes up 100% in life?

Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions:

If:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O
P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

is represented as:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.

Then:

H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K
8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%

and

K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E
11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%

But,

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E
1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%

And,
B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%

AND, look how far ass kissing will take you.

A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G
1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118%

So, one can conclude with mathematical certainty that while Hard work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, it's the Bullshit and Ass kissing that will put you over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.