• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which one of these consoles are your favorite?

PS3. WII, or XBOX360?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Well it helps against it, and HDD installs do make load times faster. Thats the entire purpose isnt it?

Fall line up for Ps3 being better is opinion based, I think 360 line up fares up better.
They do help, but it won't help newer games anywhere close to as much as older games. New Xbox 360 games copied to HDD won't load much faster | News | GamersGlobal

It's fair enough that you think the 360 fall line up is better, but I don't see how it can stack up:

PS3: SOCOM Confrontation
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
Resistance 2
LittleBig Planet

Xbox 360: Gears of War 2
Fable 2

Level 17
Gears of war 2
Fable 2
Left 4 dead (This is actually also coming to PC but eh)

We already had a few releases, like Ninja Gaiden 2 early fall, some consider Viva pinata good (I think its queer, but its popular).

Theres Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and bolts - I'm not really looking forward to it, but alot of people seem to.

Halo wars, don't make assumptions, could be good.

Last remnant - I THINK this one is coming to Ps3 but I could be wrong, I do know that the 360 version is coming first. So it sort of serves as a 360 fall exclusives...

I could go on.. but you get the point, you just take out the main franchises, when there are alot of other blockbuster titles coming up and some sleepers too.

Level 17
Gears of war 2
Fable 2
Left 4 dead (This is actually also coming to PC but eh)

We already had a few releases, like Ninja Gaiden 2 early fall, some consider Viva pinata good (I think its queer, but its popular).

Theres Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and bolts - I'm not really looking forward to it, but alot of people seem to.

Halo wars, don't make assumptions, could be good.

Last remnant - I THINK this one is coming to Ps3 but I could be wrong, I do know that the 360 version is coming first. So it sort of serves as a 360 fall exclusives...

I could go on.. but you get the point, you just take out the main franchises, when there are alot of other blockbuster titles coming up and some sleepers too.
PS3 owners never list games on PS3 + PC, yet 360 owners always list left 4 dead, mass effect, and Bioshock(until ps3 version was announced). Also, Ninja Gaiden 2 was a summer release.

Level 12
PS3 will outlast all the other consoles due to its insane power. Therefore I'd say it's better. Currently it's a LOCKED BOX. It hasn't had its potential unlocked yet, but I say a game like Crysis could help really put it above 360 and Wii. Just like the PS2, companies will be making games for the PS3 long after 360 and Wii die.

Level 8
That paragraph is LOLS WORTHY. Bunny hopping with rocket launchers? The SAME AS HALO?

LOLOLOLOLOL. You have NOT played gears of war, online or off. Very obviously

Home? Ya ok, I'll go pretend to live life on my ps3 and chat it up with my avatar and have a virtual house with trophies.

OR, I can be chatting it up with my friends...

While chainsawing them in half, playing the game. If I wanted to chat, and have a virtual home shit, I'd play The sims. Better yet I'd live LIFE

You obviously have not played a ps3, ps3 not allow you to chat to friends while playing the game? really, cuz I just finished playing some gta with a few buddies while chatting to them. I have VERY well played gears of war, while it may have had good graphics, the single player was incredibly short and like another mentioned, you found yourself taking cover, then just popping up shoot, take cover, reload, repeat and that was about it and not my opinion of entertainment.

And I also find it funny that you can bash on Home yet you obviously have NOT ever experienced the beta nor do you have a ps3. Atleast I played GoW and didnt like it, instead your complaining about something that isnt even out yet.

Level 3
Ps3 ofcourse... I never turned my ps3 off and played on it atleast 9 hours straight and never over heat... While 360 maximum time play you get is like 3 to 4 hours and it over heats which is stupid. And i always supported sony in their playstation for their awesome quality. I have 1 2 and 3.

Level 17
You obviously have not played a ps3, ps3 not allow you to chat to friends while playing the game? really, cuz I just finished playing some gta with a few buddies while chatting to them. I have VERY well played gears of war, while it may have had good graphics, the single player was incredibly short and like another mentioned, you found yourself taking cover, then just popping up shoot, take cover, reload, repeat and that was about it and not my opinion of entertainment.

And I also find it funny that you can bash on Home yet you obviously have NOT ever experienced the beta nor do you have a ps3. Atleast I played GoW and didnt like it, instead your complaining about something that isnt even out yet.
I know that you can chat with your friends while playing a game on the Ps3, what I meant was why the fuck would you want to do it on some virtual reality bullshit instead of while playing a game?

Your opinion of Gears is obviously biased, and your description of it that makes it look dull can be said about any game.

"What do you do in grand theft auto? You kill, steal cars, repeat." "What do you do in a racing game? You drive, make turns and finish the lap before the others." By this stupid logic, there is no video game that is your idea of "entertainment".

And before you say so, yeah I'm a fucking hippocryt. But the idea of Home is so fucking stupid it's hard not to look like one.

Before you mention another thing, I think avatars that are being added to the 360 dashboard update are also pretty fucking queer. (I'll keep my gamercard pic tyvm)
I find it funny you are anticipating some virtual life bullshit, Wtf?

I'll ignore Benza since I don't think I can make him look stupider than he already made himself look.

Level 17
Don't flame Steel Stallion.

Anyway, I do agree I wouldn't use my time up to recreate life in Home but there are other stuffs to do there.

I mean, don't go wrong, of course I'd rather hang out with my friends face to face rather than this, but why not? I mean, your not called a low life as long as you just want to do stuff thats new?

Also, how about your friends away from you in like 1000 miles?

Wouldn't it be kewl to do crap in Home rather than anywhere else?

Also, not only is it a community (? bleh) but you can also look at virtual scenic spots (Put some emphasis on virtual when you read it)

Well, want to call me a bitch fuck retard?

Level 17
I never flamed anyone, I just responded to Benza's stupid comment in his own style.

What difference does it make if your friends are 2000 miles away or right next to you. Wouldn't you like to play a game while chatting up with them instead of stare at some fugly avatars?

Level 17
I never flamed anyone, I just responded to Benza's stupid comment in his own style.

What difference does it make if your friends are 2000 miles away or right next to you. Wouldn't you like to play a game while chatting up with them instead of stare at some fugly avatars?

In-Game XMB in the latest version of the PS3 does that chatting job done.

I just hope the games I've been anticipating for a long time doesn't suck.

I'll ignore Benza since I don't think I can make him look stupider than he already made himself look.

Be careful on what you say...

And how about

Resistance 2, MAG and Socom??? Got anything to say about it?

Xbox360 fanboys used to have a long list of reasons why PS3 sucks, good thing the list has shortened...

Also, about Home, would you rather chat a friend in a warzone where your rankings matter, or do shit in Home with him?

Level 17
In-Game XMB in the latest version of the PS3 does that chatting job done.

I just hope the games I've been anticipating for a long time doesn't suck.

I can't understand what you are trying to say here.
Be careful on what you say...

I'm flaming HOME, not him. And that was just a response to Benza

And how about

Resistance 2, MAG and Socom??? Got anything to say about it?

Xbox360 fanboys used to have a long list of reasons why PS3 sucks, good thing the list has shortened...

Also, about Home, would you rather chat a friend in a warzone where your rankings matter, or do shit in Home with him?

Let's be clear on this, I don't think the Ps3 sucks. I just personally prefer the 360, Resistance 2 seem's like another shooter to me. And I've played SOCOM on the PS2 till major death boredom. Not sure about MAG, personally I don't think 128 players live action FPS thing would work on a console. When I see some actual vid's, or better yet the actual game instead of some teaser trailer then I'll say something else about it.

I really find 360 games more fun, and the good ones more plentiful.

Level 17
You said that you would rather be playing a game and chatting?

Then PS3 does the two at the same time :p

How could you be flaming home if your calling him stupid?

Resistance really got my eyes on it mainly because of the story and graphics.

Socom 1 and 2 are not big fails, but 3 and CA are.

MAG is a 256 online player game. I just hope nothing is retarded in this game.

And if it were to LAG, then why even make such a game?

Level 17
You said that you would rather be playing a game and chatting?

Then PS3 does the two at the same time :p

Ok? So does the 360, and the original Xbox, and the original PS2, and the PC.
How could you be flaming home if your calling him stupid?

Socom 1 and 2 are not big fails, but 3 and CA are.

I never said they were, but after 3 it got boring. I owned all of the originals for the PS2.

MAG is a 256 online player game. I just hope nothing is retarded in this game.

And if it were to LAG, then why even make such a game?

I don't buy into MAG, I'm not sure what to think of it. I can't really say its bullshit, but I am not much impressed by a CG trailer. When i see some actual 256 player game play I'll give you credit for that.

Level 4
I don't want to fight with any hardware fanboys, I'm a fan of the games. And the simple fact is, XBox 360 has more of the games I want to play.

My money was on the PS3 until Lair (the dragon flying game, I think that was the name) bombed. And the Sixaxis is a wast of money.

PS2 is still my overall favorite though. Especially the ones that are only an inch taller then a game case.

Wiis are like pets, I like going over to a friends house to enjoy one, but I don't really want one.

I'm just POed that every decent game coming out is designed around online play. I don't have broadband, and I'm not paying out the ass for a dish to have DSL speed.

Level 13
Wii-player here.

I really don't like how everyone's only big excuse is "it r 4 t3h k1dd135!!!". Right, because we all know Mario, a time-tested classic is for little kids right? Shooting aliens while an unrealistic amount of blood and saying fuck every other word is where it's at for the adults.

Just because something can be meant for the family doesn't mean it's not fun. I'd rather play Super Mario Galaxy over Gears of War any day.

Level 12
The Last Istari, you could say that about Barney. Why don't you like singing along dumb@$$? It's fun for the entire family!...

The Wii is simply pathetic and the only reason it is selling big is it's $$$ price. It IS meant for kids. Anybody who's older would clearly enjoy the PS3 or X-Box more than a Wii. Besides, most families don't play on a console, it's just the lone teenager and maybe some of his/her friends.

Level 17
Someone mentioned this somewhere and I need to + rep him. He put the Wii in the way I wanted to put it but could not find the words to do it (Some one link his post if found)

"Having a Wii is like having a pet, I would go over to my friends house to play with it, but I wouldn't want one of my own."

Wii is a party tool,
The Wii is simply pathetic and the only reason it is selling big is it's $$$ price. It IS meant for kids. Anybody who's older would clearly enjoy the PS3 or X-Box more than a Wii. Besides, most families don't play on a console, it's just the lone teenager and maybe some of his/her friends.
I agree with that. (Not about it being pathetic)

Level 5
PS3 - Little Big Planet is going to change hardware sales itself when it comes out. MGS4. And steel_stallion get a life .. you've posted half of the replies on this forum defending the 360.

I agree 360 is a good console ... but microsoft are faggots making money out of RROD ... they are NOT going to fix rrod because they are making a fortune out of it. Wow gears of war 2, halo 3.. ur only good exclusives?

Anyway i'm not gonna go on and be a big fanboy like this guy.

Anyway peace all.

Level 14
Ps3 and 360 are for those who thinks they're cooler just cos' it's more blood in it :/

but Ps3 do have this new doll game that seems kinda nice

Level 17
What the hell is Little Big Planet anyway???

And Steel_Stallion is just a normal poster. He wants what he thinks... And expresses it in the most aggressive and unmerciful way... But who can blame him for being so fanboyish? Microsoft?

Anyway, the PS3 rocks!

Sony losses money on selling the PS3 and they're still alive! That's how good they are.

Producing a PS3 is $550, so we're not kissing their asses... They are kissing ours! (And kicking theirs too)

Such nice patriotism from the Chinese. I mean Japanese. Blah who cares, they all look the same.

Level 17
PS3 - Little Big Planet is going to change hardware sales itself when it comes out. MGS4. And steel_stallion get a life .. you've posted half of the replies on this forum defending the 360.

I agree 360 is a good console ... but microsoft are faggots making money out of RROD ... they are NOT going to fix rrod because they are making a fortune out of it. Wow gears of war 2, halo 3.. ur only good exclusives?

Anyway i'm not gonna go on and be a big fanboy like this guy.

Anyway peace all.

I am a 360 fan boy, and you sir contribute nothing and fail.

Level 13
Dreadnought[dA];886885 said:
The Last Istari, you could say that about Barney. Why don't you like singing along dumb@$$? It's fun for the entire family!...

Don't say that about Barney! He may seem like a harmless purple dinosaur, but everyone knows he has powers that are not of this world...

The Wii is simply pathetic and the only reason it is selling big is it's $$$ price.

Wii's not pathetic, motion sensor actually makes the games more fun. (To me anyway, I actually like playing around with the wiimote.)

It IS meant for kids.

Of course, because teabagging some guy in Halo while going "Fuck you you fucking fucker fuck fuck fuck fuck" is incredibly mature and adultlike.

Nintendo's always been more towards family, guess that makes them pathetic.

And there are good "kid" games. By your logic you're saying that the Mario series, the Zelda series, the Kirby series, and several other series, suck.

Anybody who's older would clearly enjoy the PS3 or X-Box more than a Wii.

You're wrong, as I would prefer the Wii over the 360/PS3.

Besides, most families don't play on a console, it's just the lone teenager and maybe some of his/her friends.

Even then, you still get a great multiplayer.

Level 5
Nintendo GameCube []
Nintendo Wii []
Nintendo DS []
PlayStation 2 [xxx]
PlayStation 3 [xxxxxxx]
PlayStationPortable (PSP) []
XBox []
XBox360 []

ps3 :)

Level 19
I personally HATE Xbox 360:
They say that its for online gaming but It requires an additional piece to connect wireless networks and you pay for xbox online (and PS3 graphics are better)

In the other hand
In PS3, PSN is free and PS3 includes a wireless adapter

And reason that I dont like Wii:
I never seen a good game of it and for a new console its system is low and it has low sensitivity to your moves (they sale an additional piece to increase sensitivity but it doesnt make it good, it just takes bad to normal)

In the other hand
PS3 has Devil May Cry 4 which provides extreme fun, it has oblivion, gta IV, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ratched and Clank (which made me happy for years in PS2)

I would say the Wii.

Wii is the only consule with which I can play with my girlfriend (the only consule ever in her life that she has loved). PS3 and Xbox 360 mainly offer teen oriented games, but they aren't practical to relation ships which go further than the friends.

I also find wii quite original in contrast to PS3 and Xbox 360. Who cares for graphics when you can get a completely new game experience that defers from the past? The new controls are very creative and I think everone should agree that gaming in a wii is gaming in a new way.

Both PS3 and Xbox 360 are good, but they are just not made for an open public, plus they are quite expensive. At my age(18), I don't spend much in games, I have about 5 and it's fine with me. No need to spend a lot at a hobby.

I think PS3 and Xbox 360 are just made for hardcore gamers, but if you just want some video games in your house to kill the free time, wii is your choice. Trust me, at this age no one cares for playing a mario or a zelda game. Who cares if it looks childish? It's fun and that's all there is to be.

Level 12
Don't say that about Barney! He may seem like a harmless purple dinosaur, but everyone knows he has powers that are not of this world...

Wii's not pathetic, motion sensor actually makes the games more fun. (To me anyway, I actually like playing around with the wiimote.)

Of course, because teabagging some guy in Halo while going "Fuck you you fucking fucker fuck fuck fuck fuck" is incredibly mature and adultlike.

Nintendo's always been more towards family, guess that makes them pathetic.

And there are good "kid" games. By your logic you're saying that the Mario series, the Zelda series, the Kirby series, and several other series, suck.

You're wrong, as I would prefer the Wii over the 360/PS3.

Even then, you still get a great multiplayer.

Lets see, you start by defending Barney. Then you say motion sensory makes it fun when the PS3 has the same thing. Then you insult players maturity when that has nothing to do with the console itself and I'd rather play with those retards than narutard 8 year olds playing the Wii.

Focusing towards family may not be a bad thing for some families, but for mine, it's just retarded. My parents wouldn't touch a controller to save their lives and my brothers much too addicted to WoW.

BTW, Mario SUCKS BALLS, Zelda is... ok (waaay overrated), and kirby is plain crap. I can put up with a little kiddiness, but Kirby just hits the limit waay too fast. Barney > Kirby... That's how bad it is.

Honestly, the only reason you prefer the Wii is because.... TADA! You bought it. Who wants to have their $250 investment dissed? Besides, after all the accessories, the Wii is pretty much the same as the PS3.

I owned a Wii for 4 months then sold it, and if there's one thing that's sure, MULTIPLAYER IS SHIT ON THE WII. I got disconnected half the time and I have a good internet. Soo much latency on the simplest of games (SSBB) it's absurd. The 360's two major franchises are really overrated as well, but not nearly as much as the Wii.

All in all, I'm glad I sold that damn Wii and bought a PS3. Stupid sensors sucked, the games sucked, and Nintendo promised revolution and delivered Wii fit. How much more gimmicky can you get?

Level 19
BlinkBoy: WTF play with your girlfriend ?
Game consoles are for losers they are for the ones with no life and no girlfriend and desperate like me
You dont deserve to play a game

So you can put Devil May Cry 4 in driver get the gamepad in your hands and unleash all of your anger with devestivating moves on stupid and desperate enemies with a fate that carries being pwned by you

Level 17
Necro-ing FTL O2 :p

I'd like to start off by doing this.

*Gets out a big gnarly stick and bonks BenZa on the head*

Ps3 ofcourse... I never turned my ps3 off and played on it atleast 9 hours straight and never over heat... While 360 maximum time play you get is like 3 to 4 hours and it over heats which is stupid. And i always supported sony in their playstation for their awesome quality. I have 1 2 and 3.

Tell me how many hours 11am until 3am the next day is. 16. I have no life. I play my Xbox 360 for 16 hours a day when we have school holiday. Care to know how many times my console overheats? I'll tell you anyway. 0. That's how many. Almost 4 times your false statement and 0 overheats. Ok, it doesn't help that Scarborough is freaking cold and never gets higher than 5 C in winter but still.

Anyway.

I love all 3 console.

The Wii is a great console with gameplay I'm glad I've experienced. The wireless aiming system is pure genius, just like their touch screen hand held console, the DS. There's plenty of fun I've had on Super Mario Smash Brawls with friends and family, and the fact you can use it as a Gamecube for most other games kicks ass, considering I loved the Gamecube.

The PS3.. Ok, I don't play it much, and if I was a fanboy to my preferred console I'd say it sucks balls. It doesn't. Blue-ray and tilting is uber. This is my least favoured console of the three, just because I find it lacks games I like. Leeroying with a shotty is fun. The built in wireless is awesome, only the initial price when ours was bought put me off completely.

The 360, it's right in front of me, awaiting my playing, but anyway. It's big, it has a lot of cables and it looks like a bit of a monster, in a good way. Those cables power one hell of a console. Although the only thing is in the past I've been through 5 powerpacks over 2 360s. The kettle plug (I think it's called) kept getting twisted or just went FZZT then said "Fuck you" when I tried to turn my 360 on. The Hard Drives are over priced and the wireless connector is WAY over-priced. Live costs monthly. It scratched the crap out of my CoD 5 disk when it was on its side. The new dashboard is good, only the avatars are a complete rip of the Wii, minus the gay lookling limbs (Had to be said)

I like all 3 consoles. Is that a crime? Where's the option for "All 3" anyway, everyone leaves it out.

Level 19
I cant be necroing... Well this was on first page of console games so it doesnt count as necroing
SHUT UP :' (

Status
Not open for further replies.