• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which one of these consoles are your favorite?

PS3. WII, or XBOX360?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Again, I will bring up the fact that using a cable > wireless. You can pick up a 50ft cable for cheap. I'll agree that the 360 should have included wireless, but it's not really a big deal.

Level 19
Ive a laptop which sorrounded by cables and they are annoying (one for cooler one for mouse one for adapter one for usb hard drive one for headphones ARRGH)

Level 15
PC. The was the best, is the best, and will always be the best choice for videogames. DX10? Yes please.

There are, of course, a few exceptions, but most games are best played on the PC because of: enhanced graphics, total control with a mouse n' keyboard, and mods. Can't get any better than mods.

On top of that, most of the triple-A strategy games are PC exclusive (with some exceptions, albeit a few), such as Starcraft (II), Dawn of War (II), the Warcraft series...

[Rant]The only NOT good computer is the Mac. The Mac is "useful" for the following: painting, viewing pictures, listening to music, and browsing the web. Heh. It's an overpriced, overhyped, shiny piece of crap. And since most people use the ever-superior PC, most games aren't translated to Mac. Suuuure... you can run "Vista" on it, and you could download "bootcamp" to play XP/Vista games. Because I really want to hack my computer in order to play video-games... please. Mac is fail. [/Rant]

Level 34
Mouse and keyboard sucks for sports games, and rpg is a toss up. I like the movement with the stick, but the keyboard allows for mapping, so it depends on the game and how well the controler is used.

[Rant]The only NOT good computer is the Mac. The Mac is "useful" for the following: painting, viewing pictures, listening to music, and browsing the web. Heh. It's an overpriced, overhyped, shiny piece of crap. And since most people use the ever-superior PC, most games aren't translated to Mac. Suuuure... you can run "Vista" on it, and you could download "bootcamp" to play XP/Vista games. Because I really want to hack my computer in order to play video-games... please. Mac is fail. [/Rant]
Have you used or owned a Mac? OSX is far better than Vista or XP, it's just too bad that game developers don't port to both.

Also boot-camp is a great option for Mac gamers. There is no "hacking" involved by the way. You simply install Windows like normal.

As well, there are programs that allow PC games to run on Macs. The developers of the programs can't keep up with the market obviously, so you can only play games that have been out for a while. It's at least something.

Macs are overpriced, however they are not "crap".

I find it funny that you said Macs are only useful for the following, and then want and listed most of what a computer is used for. Gaming is the only aspect of the Mac that isn't as good as PC.

The only reason I do not own a Mac right now, is because you can't build and upgrade Macs like you can a PC. That's about the only thing I hate about the Mac.

Level 34
Gaming is important to you. It's not to a the majority of people.

The incompatibility is a lame argument. Name a program that isn't compatible, and I'll show you the Macs version, that can not only do the same thing, but transfer between them.

Level 15
Owned.

Edit: And by the way, gaming IS important to the majority of people in the U.S. I'm not sure if you live here, but I can assure you, most people who own computers here play video games on them.

Level 19
I dont understand why producers dont release games also in PC, liek everyone haz gamepadz. not for wii btw (I wouldnt play wii games anyway)
Windows needs a network like PSN for gaming (or Steam is fine too but dunno there are many people complaining about it)
actually it needs a different boot option for gaming lol

Level 34
Level 15
Yeah, but those are third party devices, and there are hardly any notable games on that "TransGaming" thing. By the way, can Mac run ANY Games for Windows games? No, I don't think so.

Level 15
Again with boot camp! The computer expert who repaired my computer told me that boot camp is an unreliable software.

And it's a 3rd party software, which I believe Apple didn't create.

BlinkBoy: WTF play with your girlfriend ?
Game consoles are for losers they are for the ones with no life and no girlfriend and desperate like me
You dont deserve to play a game

So you can put Devil May Cry 4 in driver get the gamepad in your hands and unleash all of your anger with devestivating moves on stupid and desperate enemies with a fate that carries being pwned by you

wtf is your problem if I play with her from time to time. It's not something we do often, it's like once a week/month but is enjoyable. since she stresses xD. Perhaps you thought I did it all the time? Nah only when we have nowhere to go and do.

As I said, You should get wii of you don't play much consule games, that's it.

Level 7
PS3 is definetely the best. Then the XBOX360 and then .........the WII.
I have my PS3 since last christmas and I'm happy with it. The price is very good, because when you think of the things it has in it, for example the blu-ray player (which costs 100-200€), you see that its worth it.
And of course the most games are great (my last bought game: Assassin's Creed)

And if you have a Full HD television now, the PS3 really PWNS^^
(But XBOX360 is also very good and has nice RPGs... Only the WII is a bit losing :p)

Level 34
That doesn't prove WILL wrong. It just means people don't like video games. They like pretending they're active.

Level 15
Your absolutely right!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Super Mario Galaxy are just a few examples of what proves WILLTHEALMIGHTY wrong.

Level 34
Alright, the Wii has made a few things that can be classified as games. However, they dumbed down Brawl for the family, and Zelda is a game for children. I haven't tried Mario, so I'll concede that for now.

I'll also admit that I enjoyed playing Tiger Woods with the family on Wii, but it stands that the Wii is not a console for "gamers", which is what WILL was saying (I think). It is something that people use to pretend that they are exercising, and something the whole family can play. The only single player games worth noting are for children.

Level 22
err, 360! cause...u can play...call of duty on it. and like...halo. and like...gears of war...and like... yah... and im used to the controllers more than any other console. only reason why i would get a ps3 would to get KILLZONE 2 WHICH IS SO LEET ITS UNBELIEVANBLE.

Level 15
Does Sony have achievements which give you points to spend on said content? Don't think so.

Does Microsoft have this? You betcha.

And for the record, a Silver Xbox-live account is free. All you need is internet connection. A Gold Xbox-live account lets you host multiplayer games, and I believe it calls 15 bucks a year.

Level 17
Does Sony have achievements which give you points to spend on said content? Don't think so.

Does Microsoft have this? You betcha.

And for the record, a Silver Xbox-live account is free. All you need is internet connection. A Gold Xbox-live account lets you host multiplayer games, and I believe it calls 15 bucks a year.

You mean 60 bucks a year.

Yeah, Microsoft is pretty simple on their internet.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
360 is graphically superrior to the PS3. Multiple tests of games were done between PC, 360 and PS3 and the PS3 was always last.
I would have to say its prety equal between wii and 360. The 360 has next gen games of good quality like the lego series, the Wii has games like SSBB and legend of zelda.

The wii however has a lot of PS2 ported games (last gen) so it kind of is slacking behind. Thus the 360 wins purly because it is more future proof than the wii (which already is looking dated).

Although PS3 is good, it does not look as good at full HD and tends to suffer from longer load times. The 360 can reach near no load times thanks to the HDD installation, however I believe PS3 will get something simlar soon so they would become more equal.

PS3 wins with online service thou as it is free while 360 needs payment.

Level 17
Look at every game released for both consoles. Xbox 360 is always superior.

If that's the only words you can spurt out, then wow, you are a XBOT.

I remember when some gaming company posted a video comparing GTA IV on PS3 and XBOX360.

XBOX360 did have a slightly better graphics.

But it turned out, that they didn't use the setting FULL RGB in the PS3.

This gave the XBOX360 a upper-hand at that video.

UBISOFT admitted that they could have had bigger and better cities in Assassin's Creed if they had let it stay a PS3 exclusive.

Level 15
Although every computer game available works on PCs, while Mac needs bootcamp, and then even bootcamp has compatibility issues, cause' Mac sucks for gaming. It's for musicians, painters, and moviemakers, not gamers. Although you can still make music, paint, and make movies on Windows, Mac is better for them. But for gaming, Mac bites the dust.

Level 34
In my experience Macs are also more reliable. From what I hear, the foundations (UNIX I think), are far better than what Windows uses (DOS?).

Level 2
I'm going to have to pipe in on this thread...

I voted for the PS3. Really though, the PS3 and Xbox 360 are nearly identical, and you have to be examining pixels to tell any graphical differences, not to mention the fact that pretty much every game is multi-platform these days. The only good exclusives I can think of off the top of my head are:

360:
Gears of war (1,2)
Halo 3
Mass Effect

PS3:
Killzone 2
Resistance (1,2)
Little Big Planet

There are probably more, but these are the only ones I can think of.

I try to keep an open mind about all consoles, as I despise biased fanboys, of any system. The only reason I like the PS3 more is due to marginal things.

As for the wii, it has some great games. Metroid Prime, Mario Galaxy, Zelda and, the best of them all, Brawl. However, right now my wii is basically a Brawl playing machine, and that's it. There needs to be more good games for it.

As for the computer wars that have (somehow) developed in this topic, I'm going to start defending the Mac. Boot camp isn't an emulator, it is running windows, on your mac machine. There are no flaws with it, it works as well as windows ,which means it works pretty bad. I'm not much of a PC Windows gamer anyway, because consoles are just cheaper and more convenient (as in, your godly can-run-Crysis-on-High hardware that you have been bragging about becomes obsolete a day later)

For the record, most games aren't made natively for macs because PC's Windows machines are more popular. It's as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.