• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What will happen after Wrath of the Lich King?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
What place will Blizzard let us openly explore next? Not much left from their past stuff they can add so maybe a whole new continent? They could do the Isles of the Maelstrom or something but there isn't a lot of potential in that. Any thoughts?

Level 5
I really don't understand what the Emerald Dream is or about except the the Green Dragons come from there and Furion is trying to help restore it or something. I think the 4 World Dragons are from there too but maybe someone could explain more.

Level 4
I really don't understand what the Emerald Dream is or about except the the Green Dragons come from there and Furion is trying to help restore it or something. I think the 4 World Dragons are from there too but maybe someone could explain more.
It's what Azeroth would have looked like if no one had interferred.

Level 5
After Wrath of lich king will be Possibly Kil jadean or Deathwing , Kil jaedean is the big head boss atm , he created the lich king and illidan went to outland because of him.

Deathwing is the fahter of Onyxia and Nerfarion level 60 raid bosses. He was the dark dragon king ( something close to it ) and he fled after almost killing the other dragons he hasnt been heard of since then.

Level 11
Spoilers of the books

After Wrath of lich king will be Possibly Kil jadean or Deathwing , Kil jaedean is the big head boss atm , he created the lich king and illidan went to outland because of him.

Deathwing is the fahter of Onyxia and Nerfarion level 60 raid bosses. He was the dark dragon king ( something close to it ) and he fled after almost killing the other dragons he hasnt been heard of since then.

Well really the other way around. Therest of the dragons jumped his ass. Can't remember names, been awhile since I read the book, plus super tired, well post em tomorrow.

Yeah i'm really suprised they havn't done much with the dragons yet. I mean they have dragons, but none of the main Leaders.

Only Ysera, Cenarius, and Malfurion can enter the emerald dream. Which was specifically stated in the books only beings extremly connected to nature can enter, and even they can be taken by the emerald realm.

So if they even make like any lv 80+ able to enter thats bullshit. I mean the dream can kill a damn Dragon ruler, and a demigod... c'mon.

Maelstrom sounds more like either a huge patch, or something with an expansion but not focused on it, like how Draenei and Blood elves got new areas but were pretty much on the map already, i doubt they will add any more huge island after the Draenei took the idea.

Addons to Outland sounds like the most logical place to focus on, Kil'jaden and other demon hordes. Like you guys said, created lichking, and is illidans reason for coming to outland, kinda add Wotlk and TBC bosses you get Kil'jaden.

Deathwing, doesn't sound like a good idea, atleast not yet. They should be introducing the rest of the dragons in with the expansions. Kinda brought in the bronze dragon in CoT think hes the ghost lookin dragon, but thats cause he is in all time periods at once.

Lets brainstorm; Id there anyother badies that need some defeating other than the ones listed? Goblin overlord? lmao

oh oh Medivh should come back, and bring a demon/ghost/spirit into warcraft with him. Cause on the book he kinda still lives at the end.

Sargeras forgot about him hes died like 3 times, he needs a final death.

Last edited:
Level 11
Really?! -.-

oh the Aspects are as follows;
Alexstrasza the Life-Binder: Protects all living things
Ysera the Dreamer: Watches nature from The emerald dream, she constantly exists on mortal plane and emerald dream.
Nozdormu the Timeless One: Exists in every part of time simutaneously and safeguards the strands of time.
Malygos the Spell-Weaver Guardian of magic of the highest Arcane.
Neltharion the Earth-Warder(Aka Deathwing): Dominion over the planet, and the deepest reaches of the planet. Now Deathwing who has been defeated like 5 times and comes back every time, like most other baddies. Also destroyed the blue dragonflight.

Deathwing was on wc2, WoW as Lord Davel Prestor in sw possibly only on beta, and the unreleased Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans.

Malygos retreated to northrend and WILL be on Wotlk. Confirmed that he will be a boos in the Nexus inner sanctum. he is also the one who teleported Dalaran to northrend because he is angry at the lesser races for recklessly using magic. Ecspecially the Kirin tor. IMO you won't kill him. If he dies magic everywhere, in theory, would lessen. Because he is the reason for most magical powers up to date.

Nozdormu is currently on a quest on TBC, sorry the ghostly figure is Anachronos, leader of Nozdormu's brood.

Ysera, Cenarius, and Malfurion is in the Emerald dream fighting a battle against the Emerald nightmare. But what i read even says Ysera taught Cenarius the ways of the emerald dream because of a close bond the formed. Then Cenarius taught Malfurion, which took weeks/months of training.

Alexstrasza was in Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans, and the Red dragonflight is playing some part in Wotlk facing off against malygos, because his cause is not one of good, plus of her promise to protect her saviors, humans.

Last edited:
Level 11
at first, accidently clicked save post instead of preview, i added malygos plus alot more. For some reason i knew some would see it w/o maly and say something -.-

Level 21
perhaps there will be some added story about the alliance/horde struggle. like, instead of fighting single bosses there might be some sort of faction raid, because apart from pvp and daily quests, there hasnt really been much on the alliance/horde thing.

Level 9
Only Ysera, Cenarius, and Malfurion can enter the emerald dream. Which was specifically stated in the books only beings extremly connected to nature can enter, and even they can be taken by the emerald realm.

Druids are able to enter the Emerald Dream! Not just those three. And you don't die in the Emerald Dream. It's your mind that is in there, not your body. Hence if your body was to be destroyed, or controlled in someway, you would just wander the ED forever.

As for Ysera:-
http://www.blizzplanet.com/content/149/ said:
Ysera fell into an eternal trance, bound to the waking Dream of Creation. Known as the Dreamer, she would watch over the growing wilds of the world from her verdant realm, the Emerald Dream.

She is the caretaker. Apart of the Emerald Dream if you will. I doubt she would die there.

Level 22
Everything about WC lore has been messed up. I still dont see how the Night Elves could have joined the Allaince....or the Blood Elves joining the Horde. They killed off key characters, like Illidan, and soon Arthas. They'll need to create a whole new storyline in the next warcraft game since Wrath of the Lich King will essentially conclude everything that happened in WC3, minus, say, defeating the burning legion homeworld or something.
-VGsatomi

Level 13
Well a "Dark Fracture of Kil'jaeden's power" will be in patch 2.4.0, so I guess we will fight the full Kil'jaeden after WoTLK, maybe even Sargeras (please god no, thought) or an avatar of him, if it was actually just an Avatar that attacked Azeroth instead of the real Sargeras.

You just don't get it... Illidan has been around for millions of years.. It is time for him to die! Kil'Jaeden does not die. Arthas may or may not die, I agree that kinda sucks. Draenei crash landed in Azeroth after fleeing Draenor. They happened to run into the Alliance so joined them, because they wanted to help them defeat the Burning Legion. Blood Elves joined the Horde because they left the alliance, mainly because of Garithos. So the healthiest elves went to Outland, but the unhealthy ones stayed behind in Quel'thalas. They joined the Horde in hopes that they would help them reach Outland and their master Kael'thas. Later, they realised Kael was mad they decided to stay with the Horde and fight against Kael'thas.

Level 17
Everything about WC lore has been messed up. I still dont see how the Night Elves could have joined the Allaince....or the Blood Elves joining the Horde. They killed off key characters, like Illidan, and soon Arthas. They'll need to create a whole new storyline in the next warcraft game since Wrath of the Lich King will essentially conclude everything that happened in WC3, minus, say, defeating the burning legion homeworld or something.
-VGsatomi
Couldn't agree more myself. In wc3, NE's had just as much of an alliance with the orcs as the humans, and that isn't even the same nation of humans. Blood elves is just beyond terrible, trolls HATED high elves during the second war, and now they are allied? MADNESS!
+rep btw

Okay okay.. The Night Elf part.. I did not include.. Because I agree. Blood Elves still hate the Troll. Their connection in the Horde is with the Orcs (having their fel orc problem similar to lack of sunwell) and apparently somehow the Tauren. The Forsaken are helping them out, especially since half of them are elves. Also the Horde trolls are Jungle Trolls, so it isn't as big a threat.

That Night Elf Elf thing.. Now that I think about it, the Orcs killed Cenarius, chopped down their forests, and more. Night Elves deserved to be pissed at them. Medivh only said,"If you don't join together against the legion, they will all die." Also if you do remember, when the Orcs came up to them at the meeting thingy they got all pissed.

Level 13
On private servers you can go to the emerald dream via GM commands, I think it's zone 169. They have some do-dads and such already in the .mpq, my bet next up is the dream.

Level 13
Another big reason I see it is because of the CoT instances, those black dragons are from the "Nightmare", whatever the fuck that is. I DO know that Malfurion is at war with the Nightmare in the dream. I could see a War of the Shifting Sands-type thing going on if they ever put that story into motion.

Level 11
Possibly the Bronze dragon brood working together with green to open portal to secluded "areas" of the emerald dream to fight off the new threat, anyone may enter over a certain level. I don't like the idea but just kind of a prediction.

Yeah warcraft 4( IV ) is confirmed but it's still possible for them to cancel the project, like they did with Thralls adventures! lol

I'd really like to see the rift, or w/e its called by the maelstrom but only in cinematic, for best graphics =P Probly would look like a giant toilet in non-cinematic.

Maybe class only instances, which would seem very un-practicle, but again idea lol. Although the pallies, druids, shamans, and priests would be pretty good with theirs aslong as they had healing specs in the parties, obviously. Everything else would rely on bash b4 u take any damage.

Level 11
Well, you can breathe a little easier, because Rob Pardo has confirmed that a new Warcraft RTS (which may or may not be named Warcraft 4) is definitely "on the table." In his own words:

"The way that we develop things, each time a development team becomes available, because they're done with creating the games that they've been doing, they have a lot of say over what their next game is. So what it would take is for one of our teams to decide that they want to make Warcraft RTS and of course, there'll be some talk about doing that and I'm sure after StarCraft 2 ships, it will be one the ideas on the table for that team to do, but that's pretty far off in the future and it would really be determined by a combination of the dev team and the company leadership."

Also a friend of mine is a game testing company and has got screenies of a blood elf wc4 campaign in the works, but it's more than likely just screenies of the testing of new RTS engine, made by blizzard probly that would, if ever made be used to make wc3.

Level 1
There is going to be a "war effort" just like Ahn'Qiraj. I bet they will add new planet afterward, to level to 90, or 100. The planet will probably have older gods or something, who knows. Maybe they won't have another expansion. (Highly unlikely but still...)

Level 13
Also a friend of mine is a game testing company and has got screenies of a blood elf wc4 campaign in the works, but it's more than likely just screenies of the testing of new RTS engine, made by blizzard probly that would, if ever made be used to make wc3.
How about giving us some little more information, other than a quote from god knows where.

Level 11
well i admit, i exagerated a little, I was happy to hear the comment myself, he doesn't actually say "let's do this,gonna make it hurrah" lol Sorry wish I had a video link, but not all press conferences are recorded on video.

Level 13
well i admit, i exagerated a little, I was happy to hear the comment myself, he doesn't actually say "let's do this,gonna make it hurrah" lol Sorry wish I had a video link, but not all press conferences are recorded on video.
But there is always a "wall of text" somewhere explaining everything said. And things like that (involving game companies like Blizzard) are always recorded as far as I know.

*EDIT* Well maybe not always.

Level 36
Even still, a collosal thing like this doesn't just go unnoticed. If what you say is true, Blizzard has all but anounced that they are making WC4 as we speak, and since everyone is ripe for anything that comes out of Blizzard, there would be a general frenzy over news like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.