• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What Should The Next Contest Be?

What Should The Next Contest Be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
I've been having a hard time deciding what the next contest should be. I've come up with five different contests that I can start. I don't want to start them all because that will just be a lot of work so, choose one and only one.

Posting your choice and why you think it is a good choice would be appreciated as well.
~Craka_J

Level 25
Hmm... I'm guessing that the terrain contest will be the one I choose. But not enough votes to decide that as the final decision. Therefore, until then, I'll think about the top three contests so far:
  • Wc3:WoW Trailor/Teaser Contest.
  • Base model for every race contest.
  • WoW Terrain Replica Contest.

One of those three will be chosen. So I highly recommend that get a head start on one of them, just in case.
~Craka_J

Level 34
I disagree with you Criminal. I think terrain is a huge aspect, and I'm pretty sure Craka thinks so too. The terrain needs to be well made otherwise the feel of the game will be all off.

Level 8
I actually see what he said now, yes, the terrain and models ARE important, but, if you look at it, EVERYTHING is important. If you dont have models (atleast for this map) / terrain / system / ect. the map wouldnt be that good.
DoTA for instance is a good example (No I dont play dota, but I have seen how it works.) It has terrain, SOME models (thats the only thing that wouldnt make it a good example for the map) a map system, spells, website and more.
So yes, everything is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.