• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What Do You Collect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
So I was thinking, does anyone collect a certain item/stuff around here? say like you collect books or cds, figures, or just anything? I remembered someone made a thread like this before during 2010, I can't recall the title so I'd just recycle it here. :grin:

I'll go first. I usually collect/read books such as comics, pocket story, coffee table hard bounds, magazines, vintages during the 1960-99 and even kid books. I got this passion to haul them due to attending flea markets and book fairs that sells really cheap price tags, and yeah how it feels great reading every single one of them (if I still got the damn time).

I also buy a few bootleg toys and some unusual items just for the lols, though I found a stack of my old toys, games, books inside storage bins in my garage and most of them are now displayed around my house.

I also kept my certificates during grade school and beyond and I might decide to start framing them all to make me look like a smart ass when the day comes when I'm old and farting continuously.

I had a lot of tools as well, from using for hardware, modelling, sculpting, painting, and handyman essentials. Idk does that even consider collecting? lol

What do you collect?

Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

I collect my sketchbooks since I was a kid :3 Ah memories.. My mind full of imagination.

Level 13
Back then in my childhood, I collect YU-GI-OH cards! :ogre_haosis: Right now I don't find any items or such a thing that I would like to collect, maybe someday I'll find something to collect.

Edit: Found something in my wallet other than my girl friend's picture, there's lots of post stamps and nothing more not even a little penny. Forgot how it got there though I guess its worth collecting, I'll attach this things on the wall of my bedroom.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I remember collecting Pokémon cards when I was a child. They're still lying around somewhere in the house.

Also, I have a proud collection of 70 WarCraft 3 campaigns on my hard drive. :p

Once I manage to get my wine cellar, I'm also going to collect wine. As long as I lack the proper means to store it, I rather drink it. ;D

Level 30
I collect my sketchbooks since I was a kid :3

Woah that's awesome, I use to remember I drew most of it in my school books. :wink:

I collect YU-GI-OH cards! :ogre_haosis:

Haha I still had mine after scourging the peaceful aura of my garage, though I don't collect them since I don't know how to even display them in the first place, I might just store them in newly card albums to prevent them from rotting from the heat and age.

Nice! what kinds of comics do you read? I don't stick into famous comic books, yet I read a lot of different titles and stories.

certificates of appreciations.

We are on the same boat, I'm still thinking of framing them someday. :thumbs_up:

Ash

Ash

Level 22
..Keyboards? that's unique.

I'm interested in mechanical keyboards. I have a Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry MX Blues, an old Razer Blackwidow with Cherry MX Browns, a Poker 2 with Cherry MX Reds and a Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2 with Topre capacitive switches.

Nice! what kinds of comics do you read? I don't stick into famous comic books, yet I read a lot of different titles and stories.

I read a whole lot, mostly oneshots and indie runs, but I'm quite keen on The Invisibles, Fables and Star Wars (post- and pre Marvel) series. I really liked Alan Moore's Neonomicon.

Roland

R

Roland

I'm interested in mechanical keyboards. I have a Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry MX Blues, an old Razer Blackwidow with Cherry MX Browns, a Poker 2 with Cherry MX Reds and a Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2 with Topre capacitive switches.

I read a whole lot, mostly oneshots and indie runs, but I'm quite keen on The Invisibles, Fables and Star Wars (post- and pre Marvel) series. I really liked Alan Moore's Neonomicon.

All I wanted is a corsair k95 with tons of macro keys and glowing key caps :D
I'm poor so I'd rather pick logitech g105.

Level 4
I collect severed heads for fun! :goblin_jawdrop:

Naw JK. I collect hats. Not just any hats, but what some (like my mom) call "innappropriate headgear". TBH that's an exaggeration considering what I've seen before...

Examples include:

#1: A hat that has a Confederate Battle Flag on the front with the word "REBEL" on it

#2: a Soviet Ushanka with a red star and the hammer & Sickle

#3: A WW1 Stahlhelm.

That's all I've got ATM. I also collect GBC games, GBA games, Pokemon games, and books i like to read.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

When I was a child I collected Pokémon and Yu-gi-oh cards ( I don't want to know how much money I spent on them),

now I collect books ( not a very recommendable one, they need sooo much place...) and TV series.

Level 11
Nice thread. I also do have a collection of sorts, one that I never intended to be a collection in the first place, though still good enough to brag about. A few years back I got into fish breeding as a financial venture. Charmed by the colors of the ornamental varieties, I started keeping a few in tanks. Currently I have breeding populations of 19 species of ornamental fish. 2 species of aquatic frogs. 3 species of aquatic crabs. A tank full of freshwater lobsters. Several colonies of 4 kinds of aquatic snails and 2 kinds of terrestrial snails. Also, recently added a colony of Red cherry shrimp to the collection. I also have atleast 10 varieties of aquatic plants in the setups.

Other than the fish tanks, I have tarantulas, scorpions, leopard geckos, fire belly newts, hissing roaches, stick insects, grasshoppers, poison dart frogs and red-tailed skinks.

Besides, to maintain the habitats, I also have collected different types of rocks, which deserve a separate mention. The rocks include: Sandstone, Quartz, Limestone, Slate, Lace-rock, Texas Holey-rock, Lava-rock, Petrified coral, Dragon-rock, Red-sand stone, Hardened Magma, Granite, Basalt, Gneisses and different kinds of colorful marbles. Ah, and earlier this year, a friend gifted me a meteorite.

I will mention that this collection is rather scientific and observational in nature. None of the animals have names, as there are too many of them and most of them look identical anyway to tell two individuals apart.

Level 34
I don't have any collecting hobbies, but I have collections.

Video Games: Tons of PC, some X-box 360, and some PS2.

Books: Besides whatever crap I bought for school I mostly buy fantasy, philosophy, and catholic spirituality/catechesis.

Art: Mostly my own photography or my brother's artwork. Some of my nephew's as well. In fact I need to pick out some new photos for some frames I have sitting around.

Camping Gear: This is probably the closest thing to a collecting hobby. I don't use my gear nearly enough and I keep buying more. :p

Level 28
I still have coins, basketball cards from the 90s and some PC Games magazines from the 90s/00s. I think nowadays I collect steam games. I don't mean I buy anything, it's more like, when I buy something I prefer to have it on steam. So I guess I don't really collect anything, I'm just relucant to throw away old stuff^^

Reptile-related items. Not by choice though; people keep buying them for me thinking I must like them because I have so many reptile-related items - it's a vicious cycle.

Rofl.

I collect broken bubblers. Not because I like broken bubblers, but because guests are always breaking them and I save the pieces to put back together.

Roland

R

Roland

I just realized that I've been collecting death certificates since I had my first embalm/cremate job its locatwd on my shelf near the top right of the urn of my little brother

Level 19
I collect bad memories

why?

to make me regret ever being born and to push me to perfection

does It work?

yes and no. will you slowly show signs of perfection, yes. will that make you happy, no

:-(

I collect bad memories

why?

to make me regret ever being born and to push me to perfection

does It work?

yes and no. will you slowly show signs of perfection, yes. will that make you happy, no

:-(

It is easier to change what makes you happy, to be happy with who you are, than to change who you are, to be what you are happy with.

Level 20
I used to collect Yu-Gi-Oh cards when i was a kid.There still a huge pile of them into my room,somewhere.
Now i collect bracelets.

That sounds like a stagnate give up with life, statement. be happy with who you are and make no progress....

regret is the only way to succeed even if you fail at happiness

I didn't say "Quit your job, live in a gutter, and decide to be happy with that."

I said "Be happy with your life."

You can still strive to make your life better, but it will never make you happy; you will just want more, and more. In order to be happy, you will have to literally LEARN to be happy. A nice job and house helps, but there are plenty of wealthy people that are not happy at all. You can still strive to achieve your goals, but you also need to accept what your life is even as you work to change it.

Level 30
I like to collect Legos and Magic the Gathering Cards. The Legos take up a lot of space though! If my collection gets any bigger I will need another room! (its not too big though)

In my country, both products are really expensive here mainly because of the shipping fee and external tags of pricing. Although I found my box of old Legos (the ones with dull-faced yellow figures) and I'm not sure if I even had plans in displaying them, because whenever my cousins or friends bring their kids in my house, its either they break stuff or steal them. :xxd:

Level 11
In my country, both products are really expensive here mainly because of the shipping fee and external tags of pricing. Although I found my box of old Legos (the ones with dull-faced yellow figures) and I'm not sure if I even had plans in displaying them, because whenever my cousins or friends bring their kids in my house, its either they break stuff or steal them. :xxd:

Yea, Legos are expensive in New Jersey too. I do not get them that often. I have Lego Castle and Lego Star Wars Legos in my collection.

No little cousins have visited my house in a while so thankfully none of my Legos have been damaged or broken!

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

I remember when I was small me and a friend of mine used to collect G.I.Joe toys. We spent like hours and hours and hours playing with them....

I also used to collect Spy Cards and spy code detectors. Back then It looked so cool ! There were just 2 of us. Me and my friend... he was the only one knew of my age (except my classmates whom I didn't like)

NOW... I collect Trophies in Clash of Clans and battlepoints in DotA 2. So the old days are all gone...

Thanks for creating this thread. It reminded me of my childhood... :as:

Status
Not open for further replies.