• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Religious Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hey I'm writing a story for my English class and I want to make allusions to religious stories, for example mosses parting the red seas to get those people to safety (I apologize on my lack of knowledge lol >.<). Well I'm not very religious-savvy so if there are some favorite stories you guys know from any of the holy books i would love to read them and incorporate them in my story. Please tell me which book its from thanks :D

Level 8
Doesn't really matter if it's supar inaccurate, it's not like he wouildn't have to research the shit afterwards anyway

Level 36
Psst that site is a load of shit. Its 150 % atheist bias full with out of context quotes that mistreat the real bible.

Like other people said go to google, the people on this site arent educated.

Pssst, I think he knows, I also think that was the point.
- You know... If it wasn't obvious to you.

And surprisingly enough, there's still a handful of educated people on this forum.
- If we go by the dictionary term "educated," that is.

Level 18
Pssst, I think he knows, I also think that was the point.
- You know... If it wasn't obvious to you.

And surprisingly enough, there's still a handful of educated people on this forum.
- If we go by the dictionary term "educated," that is.

But OP clearly doesent. And ofcourse im not talking about that type of education.

Write about another religion, Christianity is pretty boring.

As said by a non christian. Romantic comedies are boring and I dont watch any Romantic comedies.

-|-|-

OP you should write about how good Humans are as opposed to the other 3 races.

Level 8
I actually received a copy of the new testament at some point in school for free (not distributed by the school itself but the gideonites). I lost it though, qq. The only thing that's stuck is the "motes and beams" proverb/parable and someplace, I could never find it again, where Jesus reprimands apostle x for asking him if they should call down fire on a city of heretics. Thought that one stood out...

Level 34
You guys fail at replying to posts. Not one person besides fladder (arguably) gave anything that he could use.

Try reading the book of Joshua in the Bible. It's pretty entertaining as far as the Bible is entertaining.

Level 6
I'll try this one: The Story of Daniel

Daniel was a young man who was taken from Jerusalem to Babilon by the servants of the king Nebuchenasor. Well, Daniel was obedient to the Mosaic Law.

The high servant of the king (I don't recall his name) wanted Daniel and his jewish companions to eat the meals of the king. But the meals were of a kind that was forbidden in the Law. So, Daniel and his friends said to the high servant:

"Let us eat only vegetables, not the meal offered to us. Do it for at least ten days." And the high servant agreeded. After the ten days, with the blessing of God (Because they were obedient to His Law) they were even better-looking than the others, who ate the meals offered by the babilonians. And they gained the right to choose what food they would eat, so that they wouldn't have to disobey the Law.

I hope you liked it, it is on Daniel, chapter one (in the Bible)...

Status
Not open for further replies.