• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Name Meanings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I'm bored and trying to avoid writing this paper like the plague- i was just curious...

where do all of your screen names come from-

is there a referrence or story to them? Do they mean anything in particular?....or are they special to you?

Level 6
My Story

My screen name is from what I am truely deep inside. I sacrafice something I like to get something else. Example:
One time, I was failing science class. Now this teacher, he had my brother was in his class when he was in the 7th grade. EVERYONE who lives in my town hates him and everyone in his town loves him. So now I start thinking "Hmm... maybe I could blackmail this guy! :twisted: " So one day I just refuse to do a few things, he gives me a lunch detention, and in that lunch detention, I tell him the story of what bothers my town so much about him. He backs off, claims that never happened, and things like that. Just so happens I got a B instead of an F on my progress report in his class. :D
So you see, I risked trouble and part of my real science grade to get a better grade. It worked, but sometimes it doesn't. I basically killed myself one time... still got a mark of what happened. The guy wore me down so much that I saw a snapping turtle in the pond out front, jumped in, touched him, and he bit me on the knee. It didn't stop bleeding for like an entire day. When it finally healed... it had a scar :( . This happened 5 years ago and to this day that scar is still there as a reminder to me of who did that to me. Now, I've learned from that and am learning more about what to do.

That, my friends, is my story. :wink:

Level 13
*Applaudes* very nice
seems like an appropriate name then :)

my turn :p

Misericord- latin for "mercy"- but it became adapted as a name for a long thin dagger used in executions for a quick death by slitting the throat. Generally it was when someone confessed and was promised a quick death- it was the Misericord that dealt the death blow. Was also carried during the Crusades, i believe (and i could be wrong), was used for similar purposes on the battlefield.

a-like so:
mis.jpg

Anyway- i took this as a screen name when i was about 10 or 11, except i spelled it wrong- i put the A instead of the I. I never really bothered to change it once people got to know me by that handle...and plus, by then it just sorta became mine...so i kept it

this is good- i want to hear more names!

Level 6
Another Name

Very complicated name, U.V. Yes... very very complicated. Great story Misrecoard. I have another name:
Giovanni:

This name came from a friend I met in (Whatd'ya know!) Warcraft III. I met someone while playing LTD (Liquid Tower Defense) and he was calling his friend Heater. I thought that was cool since his name wasn't really Heater. So I asked him, "What is your real name?" And he just said: "Giovanni." That was the first time I ever heard the name. He was a good player and I thought it'd give me good luck. So I took my spoofer, changed to "Giovanni" and joined the remake. He was just all like "WTF!!!" and "OMFG!!!" and all that... so I told him that I was who asked him and he's just sitting there laughing at me. Well... i was gray... and it was a full house. Most kills at the end of the game. I soon adopted the name and made it my account name. I changed to Kamikazzee after thinking of what I was doing.

Mazter:

This one was hard to come up with. I've always loved maze games in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (I have TFT now), and I always saw games with "NO NOOBS" and there was mazes that I didn't have. I made this to show I was a Mazer, and just added a "t" to make it a name other than a noun. So I always spoofed my name to Mazter when entering maze games. I got to know the infamous maker, tylerbelan, and got a big reputation. So I am proud I came up with it.

Super Sheep:

This is one that is what I came up with by not thinking. I always loved Sheep Tag in RoC before I found mazes, and so I needed a fitting name, too. But I couldn't come up with one! When the Sheep Tag: Tough Edition came out and had Bloodlust, I was always like "Super Sheep is here, have no fear!" when I was going to rescue them and turned bloodlust on to make my sheep look huge. All my friends always laughed at me, and I always like a good joke. Since I have spoofer, I used it and changed my name to Super Sheep whenever I wanted to play Sheep Tag. I became famous for rescuing people in sheep tag from then on.

Open:

Obviously, this was made by stealing some other spoofers name. So... yeah... I guess you know what I mean.

Exobloobite:

I used a wc3sear tool for this one. The RDZ Name Manipulator. I typed in "Blood" and the name that came up was "Bloob". So I just added a random suffix and prefix and it came to be "Protobloobite". I changed the prefix thinking it didn't fit, and it was Exobloobite. This one fitted, so I adopted it and made it my name for quite a while.

If you've seen any of these names in the game (Excluding Open), it'd mean you've met me. So have fun reading my stories.

Level 6
There are 2 ways to look at Telefragged...

First is the Halo Telefragged, where you step into a portal and walla the guy at the other side dies.

Second is a telefragged in any game, where you teleport to this place and kill some guy.

Second is really easy to derive from the name... >.<

Level 7
My name (Teppana) has very amazing meaning
it is an Incarnation of Misery, absurdism, nonsense, etc. :p

Level 8
My generic screen name -Vindic@tor- has no real history... I just needed a screen name, then I remembered the Vindicator mortar in Warhammer40k... Ta-dam!

Sometimes I also appear as Madden Mercenary, or MadMerc, which was a screen name I used when I played Unreal Tournament. It's the name of some kinda mercenary magazine... and it sounds crazy. Just imagine a guy who's running arround shooting down anything that moves... and that's what I do in UT, too :D

Level 9
my name comes from Raiju the thunder demon

its said he roam throughout the world, each step of his is a lighting, every breath he takes is a dark cloud forming, and his roar is the very massive storm of destruction

anyway i just loved anything related to thunder so thats why my nick is Raiju

Level 13
When I was 15, I saw this movie called "Shadow and the Curse of Khan" (free translated by myself, dunno the real english name). At that time I was fascinated by that character and his ability to become invisible for other people. From that time, I used the name "Shadow". One year later, there was a LAN-party in my school and we had to tell the guys that managed the LAN which nicks we would use in the tournaments. So, the nick "Shadow" was already in use, I had to find another one. Not much to say, one of my friends used the nick "DarkAngel", so I took the "Dark" and the name "DarkShadow" was created. Since that day I'm using the name "DarkShadow" for almost everything concerning to gaming.

Level 11
Finarfin is the name of a High Elven king from Tolkien's book, The Silmarillion. He's one of the oldest living elves, being the son of one of the first elven kings.(So he's several thousand years old... :p ) He's one of my favorites because he's one of the elf lords who didn't screw up by rebelling against the 'gods' of the world.(Not really gods, but I won't get into that) I added the Lord out of respect for the character.

Level 9
harper is my real name. Sometimes when you came accross w/ names like harper1984, Spider-Mama, and Enigma that is most probably me. If you must know, I am suffering from multiple personality. :lol:

Abc

Abc

Level 5
The guy who made ABC bittorent is a friend of mine, after a while i started to use this nick online, actualy dono why, anyway mostly people think im a pro at everything with this nick cuz they always join my team.

Level 12
I can't say much when it's really random:

Seagull- Birds that fly... around the beaches (Hawaii?)

1723- Add them to get 13 (Dun dun dun) Afro might kill me...=P

Level 11
Daelin... I loved this name when I saw it while I was scouting through the warcraft history book. I saw "Daelin Proudmoore" and it was like "wow... cool name". So yeah, that's where it comes from. I now practically use it wherever I am in need of a nickname or just that I don't want to tell my real name.

And btw, my real name is Mike. :D

~Daelin

Level 7
no, we have to torture it until we get bored to it. and then we wait for week and whee!
BooshkaBoogelmooglar said:
Me name is BooshkaBoogelmooglar because I happen to like it!
then again we wait... till this happens again.
I doupt that this topic will never die unless some one decides to lock this

Level 9
'An ark painted to look like a shark rides into the bay, and all run, for it signals the coming of Murmandamus....'

yeah, mines made up of a few words in there

EDIT: now that i think of it, i should of just given the name MURMANDAMUS.... minus the caps

Level 2
My Name

Hmmmm... Hollow.Eye, what do you think it means?!?!?!

The Hollow Eye was an imaginary plague I invented in a story I wrote where parasites would devour you from th inside out, the first sympton was a shade of darkness to the eye, called the Hollow Eye, the virus is mostly undetectable and when you start to notice the Hollow Eye, its too late for it has spread and intergrated with your DNA. The story was greusome and gorish, I scared all of my fellow students. Grin, I am frightning, sadly one of em wet her shorts, 3rd grade was when I wrote it. I gotta rewrite it, thanks for reminding me.... :twisted:

Level 8
well my name comes from magic:the gathering.

I used to play that game,and i made some incredible combinations with a card named Nantuko Husk
Although there were other nantuko's too like the Vigilante or the Shade i loved the Husk.
When playing on bnet with the name human alliance i was noob at melee map playing,althouh i was lvl 11. so because of the fact that i had many losses i learned to play well wc and re-entered b.net with the name Nantuko_Husk, and i can say i had made huge improvements to my melee game. so from there the nantuko got.

and here is a pic of Nantuko_Husk

nantuko_husk.jpg

Level 2
Well, mine. Spycke, is abit complecated, yet very simple at the same time.

The simple part: I have a thing for swords. Swords are sharp, spikes are sharp, so I decided t oget the name spycke. the reason why I spelt is differently is the complicated part.

First: I'm a Wiccan and most of em have nickname, a.k.a "magickal" names. Any way, theres a coupel was to get one, and I used the numerology techniquwe. This is like you have the numbers 1-9 out in a row, then you put one letter at a time in each one. example:

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I |
| G | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R |
| S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z |

Anyway, after you take your full name (first last and middle) then for your first name, you find all the numbers of EACH letter in you first name, then write em down. After having each number, add them all together. Now, if the sum is more than one digit, add each digit togethr untill the sum is one digit. Now you put that number aside and do the same with each other name.

After having all three (ormore if you have more than 3 names) you do the same with these numbers (add them then reduce em to one digit numbers) and that is your "Destiny" number.

Now, when you choose a nickname, you do the same with each name in your nn (nn = nickname) and if its the has the same destiny number as your real name, you COULD use it. You might wanna search around before deciding on which name to choose, but you'll eventually find one.

Now, Spycke has the same destiny number as my name, unlike Spike and other kinds of combonations. So now I use spycke as all my usernames n stuff.

So, that concludes my story on how i got my nickname. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.