• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any Inheritance(Eragon) fans here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I recently decided to read through the Inheritance books again since they've always been my favorite books ever since I got my hands on the Eragon book. So if there is anyone else out there who have read them what do you think about the books and what would you like to see in the upcoming novells about Alagaësia?

Personally I want to see more of the werecats since so little is known about them other than the fact that they're verry powerfull, rare and probably more cunning than all other races. The only two werecats that we really do get to meet are Solembum and King Grimrr Halfpaw and a few others such as Yelloweyes, Maud and Shadowhunter were briefly mentioned. For these reasons I would like to see a book or book serie about the werecats so we might learn more of their mysterious race.

Another interesting character I'd like to see a lot more of in the future is the white raven Blagden who also is a character who just as the werecats clearly knows much of the world and the future, proven by the fact that he knew of Eragons father, what would happen during the Agaetí Blödhren and what Eragon would find uner the Menoa tree.

Level 21
I recently decided to read through the Inheritance books again since they've always been my favorite books ever since I got my hands on the Eragon book. So if there is anyone else out there who have read them what do you think about the books and what would you like to see in the upcoming novells about Alagaësia?

Personally I want to see more of the werecats since so little is known about them other than the fact that they're verry powerfull, rare and probably more cunning than all other races. The only two werecats that we really do get to meet are Solembum and King Grimrr Halfpaw and a few others such as Yelloweyes, Maud and Shadowhunter were briefly mentioned. For these reasons I would like to see a book or book serie about the werecats so we might learn more of their mysterious race.

Another interesting character I'd like to see a lot more of in the future is the white raven Blagden who also is a character who just as the werecats clearly knows much of the world and the future, proven by the fact that he knew of Eragons father, what would happen during the Agaetí Blödhren and what Eragon would find uner the Menoa tree.

I've read the first 3 books. It was quite awesome, although what I hate is that the local library didn't have the fourth part.
I think it would actually be quite good if I just searched for this series again. Perhaps now I would find them all?

I'm kind of mainstream with this story. I just like the personalities of Eragon and Sephira(or w/e the names was. It's been long) and how they mingle together.

Level 51
I didn't like the end at all.

BEWARE SPOILER:

The end was just like, jeah, so Galbatorix (I never manage to write him the right way) is dead, (although he died quite a cool way) and then Christoper Paolini manages to get the damn "epilogue" 100 freaking sides. I was like, come on, there must happen ANYTHING else, ANYTHING important or awesome which really gives me the "aah" feeling which I had reading so many other books (and I've read quite a lot of books) but I just wanted to end reading halfway of these 50 sides, but I though I could miss anything important. So well jeah, I didn't. I mean the brought the eggs away, Eragon goes with them, the elf woman (Arya right?) kind of gave him the most asshole and lames good bye ever. Not even a kiss, I mean he literally saved the world and all she says is... thanks. And I was like nah.

Level 24
I've read the first 3 books. It was quite awesome, although what I hate is that the local library didn't have the fourth part.

I had the same problem so I ordered in the english version, it was much better than the swedish one and had a much better looking cover.

I think it would actually be quite good if I just searched for this series again. Perhaps now I would find them all?

No doubt since it has been quite a while since it was published you will no doubt find it in your language.

I'm kind of mainstream with this story. I just like the personalities of Eragon and Sephira(or w/e the names was. It's been long) and how they mingle together.

They're not poor choises since watching Eragon develop as a character from the farm boy to the dragon rider and even Saphira develops a lot during her time spent with Gleadr.

I didn't like the end at all.

I suppose it's not perfect for everyone but regarding your complains about Arya she had good reasons to do what she did.

Level 21
I had the same problem so I ordered in the english version, it was much better than the swedish one and had a much better looking cover.

No doubt since it has been quite a while since it was published you will no doubt find it in your language.

They're not poor choises since watching Eragon develop as a character from the farm boy to the dragon rider and even Saphira develops a lot during her time spent with Gleadr.

I feel I can't really describe my amazement very well, since it has been such a long time.

Although I should note, that I am somewhat a writer myself and I have some of the backstory inspired by Eragon. Mainly the magic. Tell me if you find my notes interesting or otherwise have anything to say about them.

Level 24
I feel I can't really describe my amazement very well, since it has been such a long time.

Although I should note, that I am somewhat a writer myself and I have some of the backstory inspired by Eragon. Mainly the magic. Tell me if you find my notes interesting or otherwise have anything to say about them.

It's an intresting note and carries as you said some resemblance to the way magic works in the Inheritance Cycle. Although I feel the need to ask what is this note going to be used for, is it for a novell or short story you're making?

Level 21
It's an intresting note and carries as you said some resemblance to the way magic works in the Inheritance Cycle. Although I feel the need to ask what is this note going to be used for, is it for a novell or short story you're making?

I have many short stories already actually.
This note is a part of the background story. I wouldn't reveal it if I ever became famous(lol) or anything like that, it's mostly for myself.
I got tons of ideas, but most are too vague to write down, so I just sit down once in a while and write down ideas. Sometimes they turn into stories, sometimes not.
Although the fantasy world is always the same.
Also, I try to keep everything somewhat logical at a deeper level, but not necessarily in a way that people understand.

Level 9
I'm also a fan of Eragon,too. All books have ben read by me. I think if ever Chirstopher Paolini write a second novel,he should focus on the thing that make us today: TECHNOLOGY. I also wish to have somekind of novel that haS tech+magic combine togheter, but that will never happen.

Level 24
He has stated that he wishes to evolve both magic and science in the books so it's possible that we might end up seeing some old time gun or rifle but if you want harriers sweeping above soldier with M16's you're probably going to end up disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.