• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Eragon Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Greetings. Lately I have been working on a Eragon based strategy map. I haven't really been serious about creating it until a week ago. I'm still planning, but have terrained a bit (thats how everything started). The map is currently based on a spawn system, with low hp units.

These are my goals for the map (goals = bold, the rest is how i will achieve them).
- Therefore the map size is currently 224 x 192.
- Units have low hp.
- You don't have to build buildings to produce units.
- Make it understandable for everyone, and relatively noob friendly
- 5 vs. 5 players.
- Spawn based.
- Description in the start with tips.
- Making it worth playing.
- Good playable terrain (People have different standards though).
- Good events and game play.
- Get people to play it on BN.
- Based on a popular book series.
- Making it worth playing.

What I would like your opinion is when in Eragon timeline the map should start from. Events that should be included. Teams. Spawn system (here I will need a skilled enough triggerer). Terrain. Heroes (anyone you think should be a Hero or the other way around). And general ideas and opinions about the map. I realize my goals are hard achieving, but I will work towards them. In addition I will need help, and will be posting a request in the Project Recruitment forum later. This is primarily because I have limited spare time and patience.
160858-albums2571-picture21085.jpg

Here are some screenshots of my current work.
160858-albums2571-picture21082.jpg

160858-albums2571-picture21081.jpg

160858-albums2571-picture21080.jpg

160858-albums2571-picture21079.jpg

The map is still just an idea, although it may seem like I've started. The terrain is also just a test. Please comment :)

Status
Not open for further replies.