• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Destination TD map progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am new to the forums, and would like to share my map idea before I start going crazy with it and finishing it.

I need second opinions on my map idea before I continue working on it though.

Here it goes...

Destination TD (Tower Defense)
12 players
Multiple Difficulty Settings (Voted On)
Multiple Life Settings range from 1-100 (Voted On)
Multiple Builders to choose from.

The goal is to stop all spawns from reaching the middle of a purely empty map. You have to re-direct the spawns to the longest route possible to prevent them from getting to the middle. Mazing is one idea. Blocking is not an option for they will destroy your towers.
The map size is 256x256 and you can build just about anywhere except some spots near the middle and the edges of the map which is where the spawns spawn.

Questions which I need opinions on:
1. How many builders should I make? 6? 7?
2. Should I continue making the map? It seems... unique... but is it worth my time?
3. What should I have added into the map that most TDs don't have that people want?

[Edit]: Those suggestions seem reasonable. Though it would only take spawns 50 seconds to run from point A, the edge of the map, to point B, the center, provided nothing is in the way.

[Edit]: Map progress put on hold until further notice.

Last edited:
Level 9
Question 1: I think the more builders the better though this may increase size though but if there is more builders you can have more options trough the game

Question 2: all maps are worth creating if you put enough effort into it since i dont know how you long you have worked on it but fx if you have worked for like 7 days total dont you think you would have wasted time then?

Question 3: maybe that you reduce difficulty ingame and some sort of originality trough out the game i personally hate all those naruto, dragonball maps since it is just based on something where everything is already created i prefer that if you see stuff you have never seen much off

hoped this could help you

Level 8
Your map sounds great but if there is nothing in the map at all means that it is incredibly difficult. In wintermaul ppl have lanes that aren't massive cuz of the cliffs. But if its open then people will have a lot of difficulty mazing. Unless there are cliffs?

Level 15
Are you crazy?
256x256 is the size of an RPG map, do you know how long it will take for the spawns to reach the center? It would take about, 5-10 minutes? And that's just one round!
I suggest you:
1) Reduce the size of the map
2) Continue it, more maps=more WC3 player
3) Its not about how huge the map is, its about gameplay. Have you thought about anything that makes this special?
4) Elaborate on what kind of towers you might have
5) Spend your time correctly and you'll finish it quickly

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.