• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Desolation of Smaug midnight premier. *spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Personally I loved it even more than the first movie. Jacksson once again made a great film about the tale of Bilbo and Thorin that comes out as a fitting movie for adults yet still keeps some of the childish themes from the book in it. Azog the Defiller was once again featured but slightly less than in the first, I personally think that he could have been in the film more since in my opinion he fills a vital role that is ignored in the book. We also got to see more of the dwarves and hear stories of their families and their people, which was really enjoyable. Then we had the cliff-hanger ending and even though I have to admit it stings now, in 1 year no person is going to care about the cliff-hanger and we will have a more entertaining ending to the trilogy than if the third film was just about the road home.

So what do you think, was this film good or bad?

Level 34
I won't be seeing it this weekend unfortunately. I'm definitely getting tickets for a 48fps showing next week.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Just watched it, imo it lacked a great battle, otherwise it was good and worth the ticket :)

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Yeah, the battles were neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.