• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pointless Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Today movies there are many movies that suck, the one of the most popular British movies, Harry Potter sucks, well about Twilight, I did not watch Twilight but some rate it as a favorite movie, I don't know what is Twilight. Also I don't know what is Twilight Cult, Twilight's Hammer clan and what is Twilight. AVATAR has high quality special effects, the graphics of the planet look so real, that I consider it hyperrealistic, but it hurted my eyes as I watched the AVATAR movie 2 times, the plot is original, the first alien movie that features a alien planet, finally, no more stupid green little men, AVATAR should be winning the MTV movie awards not Twilight. Harry Potter books are amazingly selled, but as the movie progresses from 1-6, it gets more stupifying, the story fades, the last parts are about some teenage love and humor, but not about attacking Voldemort and being according to the book, the last movie parts of Harry Potter are made without inspiration. without originality and creativity and they make a load of money on a pointless plot. I think that the book writer, who invented Harry Potter is probably responsible for a stupid plot, or maybe the film creators. Also for the Pirates of the Caribbean as the parts go, the movie had more negative reception, the World's End has the most, and now on the Stranger Tides, it has the most negative reception, it was made with a lack of inspiration and a fast pointless ending.

AVATAR has high quality special effects, the graphics of the planet look so real, that I consider it hyperrealistic, but it hurted my eyes as I watched the AVATAR movie 2 times, the plot is original, the first alien movie that features a alien planet, finally, no more stupid green little men.

Hmh, think i'll hate a little on that comment: No the plot wasn't original, it was pocahontas on another planet.... Almost as original as Disneys "Treasure planet" (treasure island in space)... And no not the first movie that features a alien planet. Don't you know sci-fi? But must agree, Harry Potter, and especially Twilight sucks... Too.. <3

And pirates of the carrabien was good until the forth. But thats what happends when you end the plot,.. and then decides to make another movie in the seria anyway.

Level 6
Thing is, when a movie is cool, it sells, so it's not about the movie's originality and plot anymore, is about selling more and more of that movie, which becomes a series. That's why, most of the time, a sequel sucks. Also, like I said before, writers don't care anymore about the essence itself of the movie, but on what's popular right now.

Anyways, nothing is original itself, I don't remember where but I read that anything made is already created so it can't be considered original, and that's true, but people make efforts to bring something fresh, a new mix; and sometimes, they don't.
Screw you, Marketing.

Level 5
textsaojppåfsojaåfomaosxc

Didn't Led Zeppelin write a song about that place?

Oh, and to address the topic of the thread: Most movies today are a 90-minute long intravenous injection of suck. I almost think people like watching incredibly cliche re-visitations of the same crappy plot over and over.

I'm not talking about tropes I dislike. I'm talking about the complete and total lack of creativity on TV and in film. I'm talking about the fact that God vaporizes a planet full of kittens every time Nicholas Cage appears in a new movie.

Level 27
Avatar wasn't good of a movie, too. I mean, it's nothing more than a technical demonstration of how cool the graphics are, just like, for example, Crysis (First one, not the second one which is great) - the graphics of such magintude you (or your computer) can't hold, but the story 9ang gameplay) aren't that special.

Twilight is a cheesy story for teenage girls, it's natural that all we here hate it - we're just not that type of audience and we find the movie and books... cheesy. Just hearing a short description of the Twilight storyline makes our cheese sences tingle. But teenage girls love it. See, that's because it's made for their audience.
Actually, one of my classmates has read all the books... but that's just because he has a habit of reading all the time and, well, it seems he's out of books worth reading...

Harry Potter... again, different audience... and since Harry grows from a boy into a man, it's.. it's natural he gets intrested in girls. Plus, once again, different audiences.

Pirates of the Caribean, well, all three movies were, pretty much, great! What fourth movie? Don't mention it!

Level 30
Your right, Avatar should have won the movie awards, but the movie already won 9 awards and it has been 2 years from now, so what's the point in making another award for a movie that has been nominated countless times? I mean its not fair to the others but still, Twilight doesn't deserve in my case because its only based in cheesy lines and corny love scenes which don't add up.

I do feel Harry Potter should take up the place for the awards, its good and not much revealing in the book either.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
The Last Airbender was the worst movie i have ever seen

can't DISAGREE more. It's not bad movie at all. Maybe you don't understand it if you didn't watch the cartoons.

About other good movies, I just watched Thor, and it's deffinetly a great movie. I can't wait for Harry Potter coming 15. of June in Zagreb, and I am sure that Pirates of Carribean is a great movie too, so basically, there ARE good movies in cinemas.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
can't DISAGREE more. It's not bad movie at all. Maybe you don't understand it if you didn't watch the cartoons.

About other good movies, I just watched Thor, and it's deffinetly a great movie. I can't wait for Harry Potter coming 15. of June in Zagreb, and I am sure that Pirates of Carribean is a great movie too, so basically, there ARE good movies in cinemas.
Remember that when judging movies, you have to be objective.

Level 19
imho the story of avatar is lame
I started laughing when the main character began shooting around with a mg like he was rambo
maybe it's just my disability to experience these 3D effects as well as others do which prevents me from being distracted from it

there are way too many movies which are totally pointless to list them here
just turn on tv in the night and be overwhelmed by it

Level 22

Oh, c'mon. If you can't see The Last Airbender is a bad movie, something's wrong. I mean, I've got some guilty pleasures of my own (Pitch Black, Blade), but at least I can see why other people don't like them.
The sets and special effects of The Last Airbender are alright, sometimes good. But everything else (the acting especially) is just plain bad.

The original Airbender series is so much better than the live-action movie. There's no contest... :I

Level 22
Pointless movies: The last airbender, Alien vs Ninja (or was it Ninja vs Alien), Skyline, Tales of an anicent empire, Battle OF Los Angeles, Almighty Thor : If you ever see 'Asylum Studios @ Hollywood' please bash this studio in all possible way. They make money out of great titles while making complete parodies. Anyway I sent them an email explaining what a crap their movies are and to stop making new ones, in case someone else hasn't emailed them already.

Level 12
Twilight presenter is a fool, he talked trash at mtv, I assume that the movie is trash.

AVATAR the last airbender, is not a movie, it is a cartoon, AVATAR is the movie of alien, very known, although I did not watch Twilight, Pochacontas, Titanic. WHAT TITANIC IS THAT?

Level 11

Well it is what i expected coming from M. Shyamalan... i mean, he did win worst director, and also the Razzie award http://www.imdb.com/event/ev0000558/

But i guess everyone is obligated to their opinion.. but personally while me and my brother were watching this... we thought it was a joke... there were some random scenes that made no sense, horrible acting.. and it pissed me off that the fire benders must first have a source of fire... to fire bend... just ridiculous.. wouldve been better if it followed the show, at least that was successful.. very successful, but again thats my opinion ^^ hehe

Level 7
Pointless: Never say Never... Twilight Saga... ( i dunnot give a damn about the two )
Not Pointless: Kung-Fu Panda (Srsly the movie was good but not that great, and in my opinion its better than Twilight and Never say Never combined, twice)

"Its not the profits that makes a movie awesome, its awesome if i want them"

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
There are several criterias to define a good movie; concept ingenuity, script, lighting, scene sequencing, soundtrack etc. - that however doesn't necessarily imply that lacking movies are pointless shit for daffy asshats. Point being, there are infinite reasons to love critic-hated films.
This is probably right. I stopped watching after that moment because I was a little annoyed by that and Robert Pattinson winning the first 2 awards or something similar. I guess I just assumed he'd win?
I actually don't know myself, I only went by what I've picked up from discussions. I sort of consider the awards to be weightless anyhow since the winners are decided by the general public. I do enjoy the occasional parody though.

Status
Not open for further replies.