• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WFE - Warcraft Feature Extender

Warning!
This only works with Warcraft 3 TFT patch 1.24e/1.26a/1.27a/1.27b/1.28f!

All versions are available on Github

How to use:

1. Extract all files to desired folder:
210222-380cecde0b251130e8e976af71027c4e.png

Note: I strongly advice to extract WFE to a SEPARATE folder, as it prevents any possible collisions with other applications that may read/access any of the WFE files.
Example: When WFE is in root Warcraft 3 folder, test commands won't work as for some reason Localisation and TestCommands are being accessed by it, probably as the game tries to read any .ini files, hence creating the issue.

2. Launch WFE.exe and choose desired parameters and click Save:

1) Default config settings are saved in WFEConfigBase.ini
210221-300b2470250743197de8de5834415544.png

If WFEConfig.ini is not present, WFE will use it as a main config file instead.

2) If WFEConfig.ini is present or Save button was used to create WFEConfig.ini, then all the new parameters will be written to it.
210223-a99c940babd310a2006152c8d8384ee8.png

3. Setting up Path to the Game:

1) Patches below 1.28.
210226-92c0c0f91f88f605c4bd21034aaf1a46.png

2) Patches above 1.27b.
210227-1ae41e6606465a84a81344c64e6fcc58.png

3) For EuroBattle.net/w3l.exe using platform.
210228-dfd8c8290d8c33c94cafcf94764c5464.png

Note: this is not mandatory, if you don't want to use WFE.exe as a launcher, as you can simply inject/use auto-injector to activate WFE library instead.

4. Setting up Injector.

Note: do not let the name scare you, as WFE.exe needs to know what game to find and inject library to. This is an important step, so please read carefully!

4.1 Configuring Process Name:

1) For versions below 1.28, leave the name as is, aka war3.exe.
210224-bbb548483893d504bf16ace19a8c70cd.png

2) For version above 1.27b, write Warcraft III.exe instead of war3.exe.
210225-038df7d1e6de97348e213869a41cdf88.png

4.2 Additional Libraries:
210229-d6286a9cd59ed7cfb45ed61b01761616.png

WFE will load from the specified folder any .dll/.mix files and inject them along the main library, this allows to de-clutter root Warcraft III folder, and well, load things in a simpler manner overall.

Note: this is not a mandatory option and you do not have to set a path inside of the WFE folder, but it's just easier and "more robust" to do so.

4.3 Auto Injector:

When this option is enabled, it will use Delay (ms) time to re-scan processes until war3.exe/Warcraft III is found (based on the input Process Name). When found, if it did NOT inject main library to it yet, it will use the DLL Name to find main library (default: WFEDll.dll) and load it along with anything specified in the Additional Libraries if "Load Additional Libraries" option was selected.

4.4 Auto-Inject:

This is only relevant if you are using "Launch" button, as it will automatically inject main library, without needing to do an extra click on "Inject" button.

5. Launching the game.

5.1 Classic Method:

If Auto Injector IS NOT enabled:
1) Simply launch the game as usual and use "Inject" button.

If Auto Injector is enabled:
1) Simply launch the game as usual.
Note: as mentioned in Auto Injector, WFE.exe will inject the library itself.

5.2 Launch Method:

If Auto-Inject IS NOT enabled:
1) Click on "Launch" button.
This will launch the game from the specified path in the Game Path.

2) Click "Inject" button.
This will inject main library to the specified Process from Process Name.

If Auto-Inject IS enabled:
1) Click on "Launch" button.
This will launch the game from the specified path in the Game Path.
Auto-Inject will inject main library to the specified Process from Process Name on its own.

6. Updating Settings:

1) Select/Change any necessary parameters in the program.
2) Click Save.
This will update data in config and in-game.
You don't have to click Inject again.

NOTE: I strongly advice NOT using this method, as it's outdated and may NOT work 100% properly as the method above.

1. Extract all files to the MAIN folder of Warcraft 3.
2. Launch WFE.exe and choose parameters you desire and then push Okay to save changes to conf.ini or simply edit conf.ini directly.
3. Launch Warcraft 3 and enjoy!

What can this resource do:

0. Live updating options, without the need of relaunching the game!
1. Possibility of adding your own language to language.xml.
2. Autocast (hold the button and it will repeat itself).
3. Smartcast setting for every single button separately.
4. FPS limit removal (contains two options).
5. Hotkey setting for abilities/items and combination hotkeys!
6. Camera 360 degree incline control with mouse wheel (Hotkey can be added).
7. Camera height control with CTRL hotkey + mouse wheel (Hotkey can be changed).
8. Camera rotation control with ALT hotkey + mouse wheel (Hotkey can be changed).
9. Camera step setting for Camera modifications mentioned above.
10. Mouse lock.
11. Widescreen support.
12. BLP 512x512 limit removal.
13. Single Player pause removal.
14. Delay setting for Single Player/LAN/Battle.net.
15. Delay setting for game start for LAN.
16. Map size limit removal. (Removes map size restriction for online hosting/joining).
17. Detailed information of movement speed and attack speed.
18. HP/MP regeneration display (only displays yours and allies).
19. Right mouse button click repeater (delay can be set in option "Action").
20. Enforce Hotkey option. (This overrides default WC3 hotkeys).
21. Manabar.
22. Healthbar colour control (Your/Ally/Enemy/Neutral).
23. Display/Hide all UI.

Credits:

Creator/Developer:
Unryze (me) - creating and maintaining WFE.

Special thanks to:
Karaul0v - for the initial tool called Quickcast, from which everything started and for helping me with many questions that I had.
ENAleksey - for RenderEdge source code, from which I've taken many ideas and also for assisting me on some issues.

Testers:
Andutrache
Yeran
quq_CCCP
Tomoya...Aki
JackFastGame
Ham5terzilla
Karolson
MalcolmRU
Bergi_Bear
VladBmw530
Dam3w
S_Prince_A
GoodlyHero
ThisName232
Падиниц
AshtonLee
Artwork_DT
Vinsera
ingamero

Translators:
Moon (Swedish)
DSY (German)
Artwork_DT (Vietnamese)
EdgarL (Chinese)
까끼꾸 (Korean)
leyki (Spanish)

Contacts:

Discord: unryze
VK: https://vk.com/unryze/
VK Group: https://vk.com/unryzeworkshop/

Want to donate?

Paypal: https://paypal.me/Unryze/
Contents

WFE - Warcraft Feature Extender (Binary)

Reviews
eejin
A useful tool for removing some of the limits of 1.26 and adding nice features. Ideally the tool would be updated to support the newest patches, but is still useful nonetheless.
Level 16
Quick mes everything Ok thank you so much
Good.
If possible can you fix the Draw spell, Draw spell AOE. Thank you so much
I already answered that, no I am not doing it, since it requires a lot of time and I currently have job that I spend my time on. If someone is ready to compensate for the time I will spend on a hobby - sure. For free - no.

Level 16
Here crash log when I play map ultimate dragonball. Warcraft III 1.28.5
Debugger after 1.27b - is completely weird and not understandable, though here it has even more errors from Game.dll, so my guess is that the map is at fault, which then also crashes WFE, since it fails to get information.

I did a small tweak and apparently it also fixed the issue you wanted me to fix, without me needing to rewrite the whole AoE Drawing.

I am not sure if it broke anything else though, but I don't think it did.

Anyhow, current changelog:

1. Added internal function for checking if given axis are visible, not fogged and not masked to player.
2. Fixed issue with opened empty chatbox when test command was used via QuickMessage.
3. Added Draw Damage feature.
4. Added Physical and Magical colouring options in Draw Damage feature.
5. Added Physical X offset and Magical X offset in Draw Damage feature. This helps mitigate damage "stacking" so physical and magical damages are drawn on different positions.
6. Added Height option in Draw Damage feature.
7. Added Angle option in Draw Damage feature.
8. Added Speed option in Draw Damage feature.
9. Added Size option in Draw Damage feature.
10. Added Duration option in Draw Damage feature.
11. Added Hero Only option in Draw Damage feature.
12. Added 4 buttons with Draw Option Modes: All/Ally/Enemy/Mine. All - simply selects all of them and unticks all if deselected.
*Note 1: Damage will not be drawn if they are in fog or simply invisible to player "watching".
*Note 2: Physical damage is only the damage caused by autoattack, anything else is considered "magical" by the game.
13. Added Clear Chat option in HotKeys. Note: this will clear actual chat messages written by players.
14. Possibly fixed random desync issue, further tests are needed still.
15. Added .asi support for Additional Libraries preloader. (Currently .dll/.mix/.asi are supported).
16. Added support for all True Sight abilities, it will draw the Sight AoE.
17. Reworked Spell Draw code a bit, now ability is taken GetCUnitAbility, rather than from a button, this fixes the drawing issue when you don't have enough mana for the ability, Blizzard removes Ability pointer for some reason...
18. Fixed issue of AoE not being drawn for spells that hide original button, while they are 'pressed'.
19. Added EVENT_UNIT_USE_ITEM hook.
20. Added EVENT_UNIT_SPELL_CHANNEL hook.
21. Added EVENT_UNIT_SPELL_CAST hook.
22. Added EVENT_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT hook.
23. Added EVENT_UNIT_SPELL_FINISH hook.
24. Added EVENT_UNIT_SPELL_ENDCAST hook.
25. Added @nocd command, used spell/item will be reset after UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT and UNIT_USE_ITEM trigger is finished, if unit is paused, then ability will be reset once pause fades.
*Note: If item was fully consumed, a duplicate of it will still start a cooldown, since it was "lost".

Edit: had to remove screenshot, since it flagged for moderation... added it in .zip instead.

Attachments

• FixedAoE.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Level 4
Sorry I want you to add the option of saving multiple units to 1 hotkey?
Currently I can only add 1 unit. This is really handy when playing maps that require the ability to sub controll multiple units of soldiers.

Level 16
Sorry I want you to add the option of saving multiple units to 1 hotkey?
Currently I can only add 1 unit. This is really handy when playing maps that require the ability to sub controll multiple units of soldiers.
It is not as easy as one would think, and for that there is CTRL + 0-8 default binds in WC3. nocd was added only because I added the EVENTS and it took 1 minute to add. In short, the answer is again - no.
The function for saving a unit is a legacy function that was initially used to counter the unit loss control, which is no longer needed, it is as is and won't be changed. You want something - compensate for the time needed to implement that.
Please, stop making me repeat myself.

Actually let's do it this way, 5$ and I will add it, since you are requesting a feature. Now you have a way to get it.

Last edited:
Level 4
It is not as easy as one would think, and for that there is CTRL + 0-8 default binds in WC3. nocd was added only because I added the EVENTS and it took 1 minute to add. In short, the answer is again - no.
The function for saving a unit is a legacy function that was initially used to counter the unit loss control, which is no longer needed, it is as is and won't be changed. You want something - compensate for the time needed to implement that.
Please, stop making me repeat myself.

Actually let's do it this way, 5$ and I will add it, since you are requesting a feature. Now you have a way to get it.
I already have a plan with my friends. I will set up a paypal account in the future with the contribution of the community I donate you. Sure.!!!!
Please note that this is a gift for you. Not from my request. Come from my community

It will certainly be greater than the $5 you would expect a lot.

Last edited:
Level 16
I already have a plan with my friends. I will set up a paypal account in the future with the contribution of the community I donate you. Sure.!!!!
Please note that this is a gift for you. Not from my request. Come from my community

It will certainly be greater than the $5 you would expect a lot.
I wasn't trying to instigate donations overall, again, for some features that are per request I will just request a symbolic payment, since it's just not a very interesting feature. Anyhow, for now 2.23 is being tested for desyncs, if those are gone, then all will be good.
Anyhow, thanks for your help with testing as well ;)

Level 4
Don't think about it. I've been wanting to help you from day one. Until I fulfill that promise I won't propose ideas of anything. I will just test the current options to see if it works perfectly.

Level 16
Don't think about it. I've been wanting to help you from day one. Until I fulfill that promise I won't propose ideas of anything. I will just test the current options to see if it works perfectly.
I see, thank you for the thought. :)

Anyhow, small changelog update:

26. Reverted Hotkey button check, now same buttons can be bound for multiple Hotkeys. Example: Clear Chat with Backspace and Clear Unit with Backspace. Previously only first one in order would work.
27. Added Toggle Multiboard State hotkey option in HotKeys. (this minimises/hides the multiboard).
28. Added Show/Hide Multiboard State hotkey option in HotKeys. (this hides/unhides the multiboard). *Note: this simply mimics MultiboardSuppress function.
29. Fixed Chat Box requiring to press Enter twice if QuickMessage was used.

Last edited:
Level 6
In the latest test build you sent us was working very good, the disconnection problem when play online is gone. Hope the official version will be completed soon.

Level 16
WFE v2.23 uploaded.

Changelog:

1. Added internal function for checking if given axis are visible, not fogged and not masked to player.
2. Fixed issue with opened empty chatbox when test command was used via QuickMessage.
3. Added Draw Damage feature.
4. Added Physical and Magical colouring options in Draw Damage feature.
5. Added Physical X offset and Magical X offset in Draw Damage feature. This helps mitigate damage "stacking" so physical and magical damages are drawn on different positions.
6. Added Height option in Draw Damage feature.
7. Added Angle option in Draw Damage feature.
8. Added Speed option in Draw Damage feature.
9. Added Size option in Draw Damage feature.
10. Added Duration option in Draw Damage feature.
11. Added Hero Only option in Draw Damage feature.
12. Added 4 buttons with Draw Option Modes: All/Ally/Enemy/Mine. All - simply selects all of them and unticks all if deselected.
*Note 1: Damage will not be drawn if they are in fog or simply invisible to player "watching".
*Note 2: Physical damage is only the damage caused by autoattack, anything else is considered "magical" by the game.
13. Added Clear Chat option in HotKeys. Note: this will clear actual chat messages written by players.
14. Possibly fixed random desync issue, further tests are needed still.
15. Added .asi support for Additional Libraries preloader. (Currently .dll/.mix/.asi are supported).
16. Added support for all True Sight abilities, it will draw the Sight AoE.
17. Reworked Spell Draw code a bit, now ability is taken GetCUnitAbility, rather than from a button, this fixes the drawing issue when you don't have enough mana for the ability, Blizzard removes Ability pointer for some reason...
18. Fixed issue of AoE not being drawn for spells that hide original button, while they are 'pressed'.
19. Added EVENT_UNIT_USE_ITEM hook.
20. Added EVENT_UNIT_SPELL_CHANNEL hook.
21. Added EVENT_UNIT_SPELL_CAST hook.
22. Added EVENT_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT hook.
23. Added EVENT_UNIT_SPELL_FINISH hook.
24. Added EVENT_UNIT_SPELL_ENDCAST hook.
25. Added @nocd command, used spell/item will be reset after UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT and UNIT_USE_ITEM trigger is finished, if unit is paused, then ability will be reset once pause fades.
*Note: If item was fully consumed, a duplicate of it will still start a cooldown, since it was "lost".
26. Reverted Hotkey button check, now same buttons can be bound for multiple Hotkeys. Example: Clear Chat with Backspace and Clear Unit with Backspace. Previously only first one in order would work.
27. Added Toggle Multiboard State hotkey option in HotKeys. (this minimises/hides the multiboard).
28. Added Show/Hide Multiboard State hotkey option in HotKeys. (this hides/unhides the multiboard). *Note: this simply mimics MultiboardSuppress function.
29. Fixed Chat Box requiring to press Enter twice if QuickMessage was used.

Edit:

Next update will have these changes:

WFE 2.23 (Update)

1. Added GetCGamePreferences (this simply returns a pointer to Warcraft III registry).
2. Added SetCGameRegistryInteger/Float.
3. Added UpdateCGameRegistryValue.
4. Added GetCGameRegistryInteger/Float.
5. Changed FPS Unlocker, now it also edits refresh rate along with maxfps.
*Note: you might need to restart the game when you patch it for the first time, for it to take effects.

Last edited:
Level 16
The @nocd command works for a short time only. I can not use it anymore.

Probably some flags are not being read correctly, and spells with pause will generally create this issue, I do not test broken maps and I only use 1.26a, the issue could be on 1.24e, if you use that patch again.

I will try to create this issue myself, or I will just remake the code, it will be less optimised, but should have less issues like this, though priority is really low.

Edit: Spammed +-150 spells (of course in my map, but I trust my own code, so it's easier to know what does what) on patch 1.26a - no issue, probably either 1.24e has issue or something breaks in that map, no clue.

Edit2: Current changelog for 2.23 update...

1. Added GetCGamePreferences (this simply returns a pointer to Warcraft III registry).
2. Added SetCGameRegistryInteger/Float.
3. Added UpdateCGameRegistryValue.
4. Added GetCGameRegistryInteger/Float.
5. Changed FPS Unlocker, now it also edits refresh rate along with maxfps.
*Note: you might need to restart the game when you patch it for the first time, for it to take effects.
6. Fixed an issue when normal chat typing would leave Chat Box open.
7. Changed nocd grabbing unit and ability from _EFFECT to _EFFECT + _FINISH + _ENDCAST. Pushed back values are unique, so no duplicates will be accepted, to prevent overflow and retain optimisation.
8. Added IsReplay function, this function is used in CGameStateEventHandler and will prevent Disable Pause from triggering if it's replay.
9. Show/Hide Ability Buttons feature will now also hide ReplayPanel if it is disabled.

Will release update tomorrow.

Edit3: Update uploaded.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hi. What about realize a function that boost process of joining and launching game and by menu of interface? (HOW it WORKINg on iccup at the entry on battle.net) It is possible? Would be BOMB :) and matching to the coolness of functions of your unbelieveable software.
I would also like to propose to make the key binding of special commands for controlling units separate from the main grid layout (in priority) I need this in order not to conflict with the bindings of the abilities putted on the QWER grid. That's all for now....
If anything, I apologize for ... my bad english :).

Level 16
Hi. What about realize a function that boost process of joining and launching game and by menu of interface? (HOW it WORKINg on iccup at the entry on battle.net) It is possible? Would be BOMB :) and matching to the coolness of functions of your unbelieveable software.
Yes and no, meaning I would have to somehow guess what current connection type is and also essentially "login" to said client and so on. And I really don't want to do that, since the tool was made for the game, and not for specific platforms. Not to mention this won't work the same way on every platform and would be overall a hassle to code in.

I would also like to propose to make the key binding of special commands for controlling units separate from the main grid layout (in priority) I need this in order not to conflict with the bindings of the abilities putted on the QWER grid.
Not entirely sure what you mean by this, though even if you were to explain it further, I doubt I would take on coding it, since I really don't like melee maps and the tool was made mostly for "arenas" and so on, and honestly as I stated above many times, I am not a fan of adding niche features that will cost me my time. I mean, the idea is cool and all, but it doesn't line up with what my tool is, nor I really have time for this hobby as much as I did.

That's all for now....
If anything, I apologize for ... my bad english :).
Your English is fine, though I am sorry that I declined your idea, honestly 2.23 was supposed to be just a fix for desync and that's it, I went overboard yet again.

Level 4
The latest update is very bad
Crash when I press the F10 F11 F12 Alt + Tab button
Error Show / Hide Multiboard
The version you sent me on the discord worked flawlessly with no problems

Level 16
The latest update is very bad
Crash when I press the F10 F11 F12 Alt + Tab button
Error Show / Hide Multiboard
The version you sent me on the discord worked flawlessly with no problems
F keys are not touched by my tool at all, nor the ALT + TAB, the issue currently is with CommandBar hiding, I forgot to add the check for the ReplayPanel, the rest has nothing to do with the tool at all. As for the multiboard, I didn't add a check if there is a multiboard to begin with, will upload a fix in a bit.

Also refrain from saying "very bad" that sounds horrible and not productive.

Just to make the point across, here is me using F12 to display Message Log.
MessageLog.png

Edit: version updated with latest hotfixes.
Edit2: Apparently the offset for TLSIndex was wrong on 1.24e, uploading a fix now... I wish only 1.26a would be used :C

Last edited:
Level 2
Not entirely sure what you mean by this, though even if you were to explain it further, I doubt I would take on coding it, since I really don't like melee maps and the tool was made mostly for "arenas" and so on, and honestly as I stated above many times, I am not a fan of adding niche features that will cost me my time. I mean, the idea is cool and all, but it doesn't line up with what my tool is, nor I really have time for this hobby as much as I did.
You understood me even better than I myself. :D

I thought so: my second idea is to make the first layout (layer) of the ability to make its own separate bindings, on the second (for example, such an ability as "build") - others.
Your English is fine, though I am sorry that I declined your idea, honestly 2.23 was supposed to be just a fix for desync and that's it, I went overboard yet again.
Thank you anyway.

Last edited:
Level 16
You understood me even better than I myself. :D
:D

I thought so: my second idea is to make the first layout (layer) of the ability to make its own separate bindings, on the second (for example, such an ability as "build") - others.
It is a spellbook, and the game pretty much doesn't have a real difference between AHer/Abld/Aspb, technically I could somehow make a function to determine which is what, but that is a hassle, and Spellbook technically does cover that. And making additional "rows" is 2 buttons, 2 additional options and so on, too much for something that I am not willing to spend my time on.

Thank you anyway.
Sorry and you are welcome.

Last edited:
Level 16
WFE 2.23 (Update 2)

1. Fixed broken Minimap, if it was disabled in UI modification, before map actually loaded. It is now hidden with a small delay to prevent it.
2. DamageDraw will now also serve as a flag for CUnitOnDamage hook, meaning if it is disabled it won't hook and if it was hooked, it will unhook it.
Note: apparently damage processing caused desyncs for some reason, this is a 50/50 measure to keep the feature, but also make it toggleable if it will still be unstable, to prevent desyncs.

Last edited:
Level 2
I would also like to propose to make the key binding of special commands for controlling units separate from the main grid layout (in priority) I need this in order not to conflict with the bindings of the abilities putted on the QWER grid. That's all for now....
It is a spellbook, and the game pretty much doesn't have a real difference between AHer/Abld/Aspb, technically I could somehow make a function to determine which is what, but that is a hassle, and Spellbook technically does cover that. And making additional "rows" is 2 buttons, 2 additional options and so on, too much for something that I am not willing to spend my time on.
I just needed IT
1616240594037.png
LoL!
from changelog

And other binds are just used in the configured customkeys or by default (they are rarely used anyway), so your version (already implemented function) is much better than what I suggested). Just cool! And thx for fix desyncs.
This soft is only becoming better and better! :)

Last edited:
Level 16
WFE 2.23 (Update 3)

1. Reworked Disable Pause back to how it used to work, it will no longer block any other "Pause" other than the inactive window pause.
Note: If the newer style suited more, I can technically make the mode toggle-able, but honestly, after some testing, older style seemed to be better and more robust.
2. One last time changed Hotkey parser, normal X0Y0... -> A_X0Y0 and items from Num... -> I_X0Y0, this is to simplify some of the code for the application.
3. Reworked Draw Attack Speed code, now it solely uses Attack Speed Factor instead of Bonus Attack Speed. This should be final change and it should be +-99% accurate.
4. Fixed incorrect Total Attacks Per Second calculation in Draw Attack Speed.
5. Optimised calculations in Draw Attack Speed by around 60%, this won't yield significant performance increase, since it wasn't that bad to begin with.

Level 16
@nocd has some point in normal use. But at times it only works for a short time. Then cooldowns to work again.
Had no issues on my tests, sorry I can't and won't do further testing. If it doesn't work on some map and so on, use other means to reset cooldowns. There will be no more fixes to that.
Hotkey Abilities and hotkey shop duplicate
Read the changelog that I have posted...

"2. One last time changed Hotkey parser, normal X0Y0... -> A_X0Y0 and items from Num... -> I_X0Y0, this is to simplify some of the code for the application."

<_>

Level 4
Had no issues on my tests, sorry I can't and won't do further testing. If it doesn't work on some map and so on, use other means to reset cooldowns. There will be no more fixes to that.

Read the changelog that I have posted...

"2. One last time changed Hotkey parser, normal X0Y0... -> A_X0Y0 and items from Num... -> I_X0Y0, this is to simplify some of the code for the application."

<_>
Last update
It coincides with the map shop's default hotkey.
1616594751260.png

Level 16
Last update
It coincides with the map shop's default hotkey.View attachment 376122
What...? If shop has F key set, it will work regardless, I am astonished by how wrong you understand things. Put F on some other place and you will see it will still call for that hotkey.

Also there were no changes to hotkeys, only to cinfig file. Jesus you are dense.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Version 2.19 allows to remove (parts of) the interface/console. This feature got broken in the versions that followed.

Also, after a FMV is played, the screen will go black. This is a very old bug from the 2.x era (v2.1 does not have it iirc)
[...]

View attachment 375217

hue?

What is FMV...?
The FMVs (Full Motion Videos) are the movie files from the Movies folder. As for the issue after a FMV has been played:

wfe black screen after FMV played 1.jpg wfe black screen after FMV played 2.jpg

It is imho a possibility that a video mode switch might be responsible for the (almost) black screen bug. Also, I am pointing out that War3Loader has a somewhat comparable issue, except that with it the widescreen fix gets nullified and the display goes back to widescreen stretched instead.
Also, I am pointing out that I am using cinematicoverrides=1 in the registry, and also that I am not using Blizzard.ax for the rendering of the movies (the LAV splitter + the FFDShow Video decoder give better results for me)

I have retested the game with 2.23 update 3, and my issues with the console/interface are unfortunately still the same.

My specs and stuff, in case that helps:
  • Windows 10 v20H2
  • Warcraft 3 v1.26a (which is really v1.27a2 downgraded to 1.26a with ReplayKit v1.25+ReplaykitPatch v5)
  • Compatibility layers: DWM8and16bitMitigation + HighDPIaware (note: they are the defaults for v1.27a2)
  • D3D9 wrapper used: none
  • Audio wrapper used: none
  • Allowlocalfiles: no
  • WFE loaded as: dll with autoinject
  • WFE settings: widescreen, unlock map size, remove BLP limit, save to WC3 folder, manabar on, camera on
  • WC3 display method: borderless fullscreen
  • Map/campaign tested: stock Blizzard campaign

wfe223u3 interfacetest.jpg wfe interface investigation 1.jpg wfe interface investigation 2.jpg

Note: the screenshot in the middle is here to indicate that the Black Bar option is working as intended. It is only here in the hopes to help pinpoint faster what the issue with Console (and Portrait) is.

[...] I do not test broken maps and I only use 1.26a, the issue could be on 1.24e, if you use that patch again.
[...] I really don't like melee maps and the tool was made mostly for "arenas" and so on, [...] I am not a fan of adding niche features that will cost me my time. I mean, the idea is cool and all, but it doesn't line up with what my tool is, nor I really have time for this hobby as much as I did.
The problem is, we all use Warcraft 3 differently. This is why the requests and bug reports can be so diverse (and sometimes so... overwhelming at times).

Edit2: [...] I wish only 1.26a would be used :C
Unfortunately, Blizzard still provides only v1.27a2 as a full standalone downloadable installer as of this writing. The existing third-party downgraders that I know have never been designed for this specific version but fortunately, they still work "good enough". Maybe this can be fixed with WFE.mpq, depending on its load order.

View attachment 376434

Have solution to fix this ?
@ThisName232: assuming you have not reinstalled/reset your OS recently, then please check your HDD for errors, and then please reinstall the VC++ Runtimes:

Windows XP users should be made aware that the latest VC++ 2015/2019 Runtime that works on that OS is v14.28.29213.0

Last edited:
Level 16
Extended attack speed does not increase from agility.
Latest build should have all of that fixed, if you can provide a screenshot where it doesn't I could try an test that, unless the map simply has no attack speed scaling from agility.

Reuploading it on Hive just in-case.

Edit: examples...

Negative_Agi.png
No_Agi.png
Positive_Agi.png

Note: WHITE or as called BASE attack speed never changes with attack speed scaling. Hence the "red/green" values are the only thing that change, resulting in a total difference from the base. Hence the -100% and +400% limit.

The FMVs (Full Motion Videos) are the movie files from the Movies folder. As for the issue after a FMV has been played:

View attachment 376577 View attachment 376578

It is imho a possibility that a video mode switch might be responsible for the (almost) black screen bug. Also, I am pointing out that War3Loader has a somewhat comparable issue, except that with it the widescreen fix gets nullified and the display goes back to widescreen stretched instead.
Also, I am pointing out that I am using cinematicoverrides=1 in the registry, and also that I am not using Blizzard.ax for the rendering of the movies (the LAV splitter + the FFDShow Video decoder give better results for me)

I have retested the game with 2.23 update 3, and my issues with the console/interface are unfortunately still the same.

My specs and stuff, in case that helps:
  • Windows 10 v20H2
  • Warcraft 3 v1.26a (which is really v1.27a2 downgraded to 1.26a with ReplayKit v1.25+ReplaykitPatch v5)
  • Compatibility layers: DWM8and16bitMitigation + HighDPIaware (note: they are the defaults for v1.27a2)
  • D3D9 wrapper used: none
  • Audio wrapper used: none
  • Allowlocalfiles: no
  • WFE loaded as: dll with autoinject
  • WFE settings: widescreen, unlock map size, remove BLP limit, save to WC3 folder, manabar on, camera on
  • WC3 display method: borderless fullscreen
  • Map/campaign tested: stock Blizzard campaign

View attachment 376574 View attachment 376575 View attachment 376576

Note: the screenshot in the middle is here to indicate that the Black Bar option is working as intended. It is only here in the hopes to help pinpoint faster what the issue with Console (and Portrait) is.

The problem is, we all use Warcraft 3 differently. This is why the requests and bug reports can be so diverse (and sometimes so... overwhelming at times).

Unfortunately, Blizzard still provides only v1.27a2 as a full standalone downloadable installer as of this writing. The existing third-party downgraders that I know have never been designed for this specific version but fortunately, they still work "good enough". Maybe this can be fixed with WFE.mpq, depending on its load order.

@ThisName232: assuming you have not reinstalled/reset your OS recently, then please check your HDD for errors, and then please reinstall the VC++ Runtimes:

Windows XP users should be made aware that the latest VC++ 2015/2019 Runtime that works on that OS is v14.28.29213.0

A tad too much of text...

About FMVs never tested them and never honestly cared, nor they really should be affected anyways, since most of the functions can only be active if current GAME state is 'in game', whereas movie is never in that state, so I highly doubt the issue is with the tool, rather with your peculiar system/Warcraft 3.

As for Windows 10, I use the same version, which has greatly degraded GDI+ performance, which is just horrid, but apart from it, no irregularities.

Also some of the files provided by ReplayKit were straight up broken for me, so I really wouldn't trust it, if I were you.

WFE.mpq is loaded instantly with highest priority so it will overwrite any file that was loaded before it, that was the whole point of the MPQ.

As for your last issue, probably you have something edited, or some offsets somehow don't align on your Warcraft 3. You can try using my clean Warcraft 3 builds at: Warcraft III since I am testing everything on my own clean builds, and everything works fine. And as you have mentioned, everyone uses Warcraft 3 in their own way, I can't have a universal anti-error tool, since if something is just straight our broken, I have no power over that.

Edit: Apparently the EnableUI function that is used in Campaigns to toggle cinematics on and off resets the drawing values, so you just need to update the settings via WFE.exe and it will be fixed, since I never really accounted for cinematic toggle.

Edit2: Technically if I add hook to these functions I can make it be seamless, but honestly, I really don't want to spend more time on this, so I probably won't. Since I am a bit too busy with studying and work to spend on these features.

Example:

Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:
Level 6
As for your last issue, probably you have something edited, or some offsets somehow don't align on your Warcraft 3. You can try using my clean Warcraft 3 builds at: Warcraft III since I am testing everything on my own clean builds, and everything works fine. And as you have mentioned, everyone uses Warcraft 3 in their own way, I can't have a universal anti-error tool, since if something is just straight our broken, I have no power over that.
Thanks for your clean build version. I realize it uses less RAM than the one I'm using (save about 100-150mb for heavy maps). It's also fixed (or greatly reduced) the error issue "not enough storage for this command... Line 372" when play multi games continuously without reset war3.

Level 16
@Unryze: I have my doubts that a link pointing to these files is kosher for THW...
:bored:
It is not breaking any rules/EULA/ToS or anything, since it has no digital key and can only be played Single Player. Since Blizzard also provides online installers even if you have no key, also there are links to some other download sites for other WC3 versions. Though the files did get removed once due to having "Classic" word in it, which was kekw.

And honestly, I don't really care, since admins can remove the link, and at worst I will get a suspension or a ban, which again, is okay, since I am barely active anyways.

• Sad
Reactions: pyf
Level 2
in wfe v2.13 i can just hold the button, and skill will spam repeteadly when i hold that button

but in wfe 2.23 i cant do that again, what seting do i need to turn it on ?

Level 16
WFE 2.23 (Update 4)

1. Changed Attack Speed Cooldown tip from /sec to sec, since cooldown is measured in seconds and not in something per second.
2. Fixed wrong Attack Tip and Extended Tip calculation, was not working correctly when stats were involved, added additional BonusDamage calculation to offset it.

Thanks to @datsatthune for noticing both.

Level 1
I think it would be nice if there was a function that made me click on the hero again by pressing the key 9 or 0 after smartcasting. Can you add it?
If this feature is added, I'm sorry if I haven't found it yet.

Last edited:
Level 16
I think it would be nice if there was a function that made me click on the hero again by pressing the key 9 or 0 after smartcasting. Can you add it?
If this feature is added, I'm sorry if I haven't found it yet.
You mean selection of the hero or what? You need to explain things so others can understand, if you mean re-selection, it's by default active, so that when smartcast is issued control is not lost. If you mean a manual click on the caster, there is no use for it at all and if you mean additional click on the target, that would lose control from the caster.

And if you mean manual re-selection of the caster that function is no longer present, but you can 'save' a unit and then select it manually or make the game always re-select it with features from HotKeys section under 'units' group:

Unit_Functions.png

In short, unless you explain what you want and if it's actually useful in any shape or form, then no, it won't be added, at least not for free, however in this case, I doubt I would do it even for monetary compensation, since I do not get the use for this feature at all.

P.S. you don't have to apologise for not finding a feature in my tool, since there is just so much overall that I have crammed into it. Though, it would help if you were to explain things clearer and with more information.

Level 16
A small teaser of ALT (for now it's non-configurable key) + Click on Button to print to allies its cooldown. And yes, it works on items too. I am not sure if I will add it, but I might. For now, enjoy screenshots.

PrintAbilityCD.png
PrintItemCD.png

Edit: Added Alt + Click event on Buffs, now they will also report their remaining duration. However, this will only work on your own units and allies. Since reading buff duration on enemies is a tad too much.
ReportBuffRemainingDuration.jpg

For now will think how to differentiate the text without adding too much text, and that should be it. So far works flawlessly.

Last edited:
Level 16
WFE 2.24

1. Added ALT + Click on Abilities/Items, this will print their cooldown to allied chat.
2. Added ALT + Click on Buffs, this will print their remaining duration to allied chat.
3. Delay(ms) button is now a CheckBox in WFE application and is responsible for the whole part being enabled/disabled.
4. Display button is now CheckBox in WFE application and is responsible for the whole part being enabled/disabled.
5. Added Refresh Rate option in Display section, this will modify Refresh Rate value in Warcraft 3 registry, now it's separate from FPS Limit. Default value is 0, it will only work if setting is greater than 0.
Note: It's always a good idea to set this value to your monitor's current Refresh Value.
6. Even more code optimisation, because why not?
7. Disable Single Player Pause now functions as a mix of the old function and new one together, as to mitigate Health Bar duplication issue.
8. FPS Limit default value is now 0, it will only work if it's greater than 0. | Suggested value is 64 or higher.
9. Added Frequently Asked Questions file (aka FAQ.txt) to archive, for those who need a written explanation of features. ;)
10. Around 20+ more undocumented changes that I forgot to write, because I forgot to write them down and because I am lazy. >_>"

Will probably release tomorrow, just doing some additional testing before release. So far no issues.