• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC3 1.29 PTR world editor limits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, after a couple of days experimenting with the current build as of March 15, my peers and I found that the changes made to world edit are still rather limited in what they can provide, and we felt that it'd be better for more changes to be made to Wc3edit as at the moment it's still fairly lackluster. This is with the notion that 1.29 is incredibly experimental and entering some new ground.
-'unlimited' doodads (instead of doubling increase them to the highest possible value without completely breaking the editor), for example my friend's map has 70,000 doodads
-'unlimited' units (same as doods)
-above 480x480 mapsize without busting the client
- also some kind of warning regarding instability issues (say you spawn x amount of objects and create y amount of triggers and world edit gives you a prompt that your map is reaching the usable threshold.

this is just feedback regarding my personal experience with the world editor, unsure if others are getting the same issues (((though am infinitely grateful that i don't have to rely on JNG anymore)))
note: im not familiar if any of this is being changed but it'd be wholly appreciated
edit 1: also DestroyGroup is either not working or isn't present though this is uncertain

~El

Level 17
Hello, after a couple of days experimenting with the current build as of March 15, my peers and I found that the changes made to world edit are still rather limited in what they can provide, and we felt that it'd be better for more changes to be made to Wc3edit as at the moment it's still fairly lackluster. This is with the notion that 1.29 is incredibly experimental and entering some new ground.
-'unlimited' doodads (instead of doubling increase them to the highest possible value without completely breaking the editor), for example my friend's map has 70,000 doodads
-'unlimited' units (same as doods)
-above 480x480 mapsize without busting the client
- also some kind of warning regarding instability issues (say you spawn x amount of objects and create y amount of triggers and world edit gives you a prompt that your map is reaching the usable threshold.

this is just feedback regarding my personal experience with the world editor, unsure if others are getting the same issues (((though am infinitely grateful that i don't have to rely on JNG anymore)))
note: im not familiar if any of this is being changed but it'd be wholly appreciated
edit 1: also DestroyGroup is either not working or isn't present though this is uncertain

AFAIK, 480x480 map size has been supported by the engine itself for a long time, just not by WE. All these WE changes looks like simple constant tweaks, and by contrast, upping the max map size in the engine itself may be more problematic than those other changes. Although, seeing how they upped the player limit, it may be viable.

However, IIRC there were still various problems with 480x480 maps, like blight bugging out outside of the 256x256 game area and some other glitches. I'm not sure if they are fixed. Would be nice if they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.