1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warden #42

Submitted by Rufus
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Hosted Project Forum [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
Warden is a single player campaign with unique boss fights, puzzles and gameplay, inspired by Zelda.
[​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

-Main Features-
[​IMG] Arrowkey Movement
A very polished system for arrowkey movement has been created for this project. The player can also use
the cursor for movement, if that is preferred.
[​IMG] Intriguing Story
Canon to the warcraft lore, the story-telling in the campaign overmaps covers holes in warcrafts own lore,
such as how Felwood was before its corruption, or how Maievs prison where she held Illidan came to be.
[​IMG] Puzzles, Obstacles and Boss Fights
You will encounter a great deal of puzzles that requires some brains to solve, and obstacles where speed and
timing is key. Boss fights, which are fairly common, often requires you to those previous qualities together!
[​IMG] Cool Combat
Most enemies have a trick or two up their sleeves, so you have to dodge, dance around and pick your
moments to strike in a fight rather than just right-click them and hope for the best.

-Screenshots-

Leave a comment and rating if you like it! :)

[​IMG]
Contents

-Warden- 42 (Campaign)

Reviews
StoPCampinGn00b
After over a year of updates, Warden has risen to be one of the most unique and high quality campaign out there. Hack n' slash + puzzles + a new story is a recipe for success. Moderator rating bumped from 4/5 to 5/5.
  1. Maxwell

Maxwell

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh, this Rufus-intrigante :)

2. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's a cool new word! Never heard it before now. :D

3. Furry Nova

Furry Nova

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just downloaded the bundle update. The campaign version is 34 in file name, but I currently have 35. Shouldn't it be 36? The campaign description says 37 in-game.

Tutorial
    • Creatures can be attacked through the training fence. Example you can attack and kill the fire spawn and skip the other training creatures. [Screenshot]
    Hub
    • The Tree of Life is still damageable here. [Screenshot]
    • I found this tree damageable too after completing first level. [Screenshot]
    Level 1 - Solen's Sanctuary
    • None
    Level 2 - Bonechiller Burrow
    • I can't find the journal and I'm sure I've destroyed everything in the area of this map from the walk through. The "KoZu" code won't open the door except give me this message once. [Screenshot] [Walk-Through Map]
    I'm Software Locked again at this point.

4. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah... the version numbers were kinda messed up after loads of versions and tests... I got confused on what was the latest version and checked that the one on the hive was called "33", so I named it 34. I will see to this being fixed aswell.

I will fix the tutorial issue.
    I must have forgot to save after I fixed that darn tree. I'm on it, and I'll fix the treant too then. :)
    I will check the problem with Bonechiller Burrow. Enter the code "Queen Elsa" in the meantime to get past it.

I will fix this tomorrow night. I have a big test tomorrow that will take most of the day.
    Thanks a bunch for reporting those issues! :)

5. Furry Nova

Furry Nova

Resources:
    Resources:
    Level 3 - Forest Temple
    • The flute can only be heard clearly with SFX off and BGM on. When SFX is on with the BGM, the SFX takes priority to overwrite the BGM from playing at all but the flute glitches in for split second at some points.
    • A rock with no collision. [Screenshot]
    • I've defeated all the Whips and enemies in the area but the barrier won't go down at the temple entrance. I've also tried restarting map but it wasn't just bad luck since it happened again.
    I'm Soft Locked again at this point. I'm not sure why, this part was completable on a previous campaign version.

No problem. I just have thing for finding bugs. :)

6. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks again!
    I will fix those asap aswell.
    There is not much more for you to play after forest temple, but to clear it, write "Deku Tree". :)

EDIT:
    Actually, Found some time this morning (couldn't sleep in anticipation of the test anyway), so I decided to try to fix the most important bugs.
    I couldn't reproduce the bug with the gate in Bonechiller Burrow not opening. :/
    I tried both with and without finding the journal, and both worked fine. Anything else you might have done that caused the bug?

The same thing with the bug in Forest Temple.
    I killed all the whisps, and then the barrrier went down as it is supposed to. You mean the room just after the confusing music forest with the laggy sound, right?

I'll get to the less gamebreaking issues you mentioned as soon as I've got more time. :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  7. MouMou

MouMou

Resources:
    Resources:
    image.png I'm in love with this pics

8. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah I love it too (that's why I picked it :D ).
    Here is the creator, if you were interested: Maiev Shadowsong

9. Furry Nova

Furry Nova

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've just screen recorded the Forest Temple to help show the bug. I don't think I'm doing anything odd though. I've disabled SFX when I enter the maze, just before the message pops up about the shortcut keys. I don't think the flute volume changed by standing near 2 of the exists one point. I hope this helps. [Screen Recorded Video]

Edit: Video deleted. Just clearing old unneeded videos.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  10. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks for being so patient and testing over again! :) Now, to the issue:
    What da hell... I don't understand this. I played it just this morning, the same version, and there was no issue. When I kill the wisps, the barrier opens. Period. I know the music is still a little banged up, but that is easily fixed (I was a bit impatient in the end stages of the update).
    @Jampion, do you know why this bug may be?

11. Jampion

Jampion

JASS Reviewer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't know. I did not look at this map yet. I will do so tomorrow though.
    Two I would like to point out.
    At about 41 seconds in the video, when he restarts the map it takes about 4 seconds until it actually starts the restaring process. This is the time that is used free up the memory and a good indicator for leaks.
    At about 1:21 in the video, you can see a red 0 as floating text even though you should not take any damage at that moment.

12. Furry Nova

Furry Nova

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just opened the map through the campaign file to help debug. I hope you don't mind.

Strangely, I've found there's actually nothing wrong with the Forest Temple trigger at all. I even added debug messages to count the remaining Forest Spirits and it dispels the barrier correctly. I even rush replayed the campaign and it seems to dispel the barrier correctly too.

Also. When I tested Bonechiller Burrow journal quest during the rush, it didn't work. But when I ran a test map, were it automatically saves under .../Warcraft III/Maps/Test/WorldEditTestMap the journal appeared and the door opened with "KoZu" code correctly.

I don't know if the map or campaign didn't compile correctly to be read by the actual game or something. All I did was move the condition and the actions into an "If / Then / Else, Multiple Functions" and added debug messages around.

13. Jampion

Jampion

JASS Reviewer

Resources:
    Resources:
    From what I saw, it has probably something to do that you count the wisps in region. Also dead units (corpse) are counted. Either you exclude dead units or you change the death of the wisps to not leave corpses.
    @Furry Nova You could try changing the object editor field of the forest spirit "combat - death type" to Can't raise, does not decay. This will remove the wisps as soon as they die and they are no longer counted in the unit group.

14. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not at all! Just happy you are trying to help out. :)

Those issues are beyond me.
    I thought I removed that feature, but it should not matter here. When I tried it, I killed the wisps within the region where they were counted, and still, when they all were dead, the barrier went down. :/

15. Furry Nova

Furry Nova

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think I've found the problem. The Forest Temple map in the unmodified campaign is somehow corrupted when in-game. I just tested this by exporting the map directly from the campaign file without saving changes were the map version doesn't increase. The barrier didn't go down this time. But when I saved the map in the campaign file that increases the version number and then exported it, the barrier goes down how it should when tested. Re-saving the map in the campaign seems to fix it for me.

I think the journal bug is the same issue.

Are you running any World Editor mods?

@Jampion - I don't think the "Combat - Death Type" value is effecting it. There's a loop checked every 2 seconds of how many Forest Spirits they are in the region. Takes roughly 2 seconds when the barrier disappears when all 5 are defeated.

16. Jampion

Jampion

JASS Reviewer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I changed the trigger to run whenever a unit is killed, when I cleaned the leaks. I also added a condition to only count living units. When I tested the map it did work fine. I don't know, what could cause the corruption of the map. I hope that this bug will be solved then.

Thanks for the info. I'm probably going to take a look at it tomorrow.

The thing is, that as long as the unit has not decayed, it will still be counted in the unit group. You will not realize it though, since the decay time of wisps seems to quite low (~2 seconds).

I did just make some few tests about it and found another reason that could cause problems: the function to count the wisp sometimes counts 1 less than it should. I do not know why though, as leaving wisps should get instantly moved to the center of the region. I will investigate about this.

17. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    After over a year of updates, Warden has risen to be one of the most unique and high quality campaign out there. Hack n' slash + puzzles + a new story is a recipe for success.

Moderator rating bumped from 4/5 to 5/5.

18. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I will update the campaign with the updated Forest Temple and Solen's Sanctuary later today.

Thanks for the evaluation SCN! :)

19. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
  20. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks man! :D