• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarCraft: The Beginning (Patch 1.31) WIP

Introduction
Hello there! After much doubt and torment I finally decided to share my little hobby project with the community.

It has already been under development for about 4 or 5 years considering my longtime breaks from time to time.
In the beginning this whole project was heavily... 'inspired' by well-known WarCraft movie. My idea was to tell the story of the first two wars between the Orcs and Humans but in it's canon way, the way it existed in WarCraft lore according to various books and games existing. I still know no campaigns which could tell this story in a modern way (I mean, WarCraft III way).

Then Chronicles Vol.2 released and the idea turned into something new. To merge and combine existing sources into a compiled story which will take the best from all of them. The movie had great scenes but was... let's be honest, pretty bad in general. Let's take these scenes then! The books have good dialogs - let's use them! That is what my project realy is, a compilation to tell the story to those who already know it and to those who might not know it yet.

• october 17 2021
    • Added two new chapters
    • Multiple bug fixes
    • Alchemy system for Khadgar chapters
    • New side quest in chapter 4
    • New assets

If you encounter any bug, let me know.

P.S. If you see some of your content (model/texture/icon) used without credit - let me know and I will give it. This campaign was not meant to be published for a long time and I don't realy remember all the authors, sorry.

Previews
Contents

WarCraft: The Beginning WIP (Campaign)

Reviews
Amazing. While this isn't almost finished (any campaign can always be updated to prolong the story), it offers enough missions to play. It has good quality and I really love how much work you've put into it. Approved! PS: It would be nice to post...
Level 3
There is a strategy but it requires proper elementals positioning (so Sarg won't wipe them with one-two spells) and using their taunt ability (those elementals do have such) on Sarg to distract him from damaging Aegwynn. But this strategy is for a long fight anyway.
tried that, the same, especially when he summons infernals. well, maybe it's just me, so you might wait for more feedback. If you decide so, you might consider making him a hero unit, god of demons or something, he is a big shot after all
Sargeras' model and spells look so good I forgot to run sometimes hehe

in the next chapter, I lacked 30 coins (without selling any other items). If there's more gold somewhere, then I guess I was too lazy to look..
otherwise it was great. some typos, with Lothar: furfill -> fulfill, and the last scene: Yound Trust -> Young Trust.
btw, that scene was really cool :wthumbsup:

Fixed :xxd:
Mistook, noticed, wanted to write the proper name. Mistook anyway :D

I'll do you one better

Level 10
in the next chapter, I lacked 30 coins (without selling any other items). If there's more gold somewhere, then I guess I was too lazy to look..
otherwise it was great. some typos, with Lothar: furfill -> fulfill, and the last scene: Yound Trust -> Young Trust.
btw, that scene was really cool :wthumbsup:
Thanks)
There are side quests to earn enough money. And it was supposed that you will have the gold from previous missions (chapter one, two and six). Did you not have that gold?

Level 3
There are side quests to earn enough money. And it was supposed that you will have the gold from previous missions (chapter one, two and six). Did you not have that gold?
there was 110 coins, and I rechecked, and yes, you're right, I realized that you don't need to buy one ingredient, you can find it (what a rip-off 😀), and then you should have just enough. RPGs are not my favorite map type, clearly..
I did overwrite previous campaign file though, so not sure if that affects anything, or will items persist..

Level 10
there was 110 coins, and I rechecked, and yes, you're right, I realized that you don't need to buy one ingredient, you can find it (what a rip-off 😀), and then you should have just enough. RPGs are not my favorite map type, clearly..
I did overwrite previous campaign file though, so not sure if that affects anything, or will items persist..
You definitely couldn't have gold from chapters 2 and 3 if you did not play them after an update; there was no gold transfer before)

Level 10
I like it very much! It's an excellent campaign.By the way,I can't pass chapter six .I read all the books,but it didn't work.:goblin_cry:

I'm stuck there too. I finished Moroes' quest, but I don't know where to go next. Is there any clue that tells you what actually needs to be done? @ComradeMaper

Thanks)

My first guess: did you check this bookshelf in the middle of the library? It might be hard to notice that this one is interactive too. If you did, could you tell me what was the last book you read after which Khadgar gave you comments?
1635344430424.png

Level 50
Thanks)

My first guess: did you check this bookshelf in the middle of the library? It might be hard to notice that this one is interactive too. If you did, could you tell me what was the last book you read after which Khadgar gave you comments?
View attachment 388988
I remember there was something about the autbor from one of the books. Mentioning there already is something sikilar from here. A book or a scroll. I put both of them in the inventory but nothing happened.

Edit: I just finished making "Dreamwalk incense", but I cannot find the ingredients for the Ethereal Ink...

Last edited:
Level 10
I remember there was something about the autbor from one of the books. Mentioning there already is something sikilar from here. A book or a scroll. I put both of them in the inventory but nothing happened.
I think I got you. All scripts in this quest work in the same manner: you need to take a book/scroll item from a shelf, read (use) it in Khadgar's inventory, and then he will give you a clue of what book/scroll you should read next.

In your case you need to find an item called 'Ancient Scroll', in the description of which the author is mentioned. Then put this scroll in your inventory and use it from here.

Let me know whether it helps or not.

Level 50
I think I got you. All scripts in this quest work in the same manner: you need to take a book/scroll item from a shelf, read (use) it in Khadgar's inventory, and then he will give you a clue of what book/scroll you should read next.

In your case you need to find an item called 'Ancient Scroll', in the description of which the author is mentioned. Then put this scroll in your inventory and use it from here.

Let me know whether it helps or not.
I have it in the inventory but when I use it nothing happens. Also, one more thing, maybe I should get the ingredients for the Ethereal Ink first? And how do I find those?

Level 10
I have it in the inventory but when I use it nothing happens. Also, one more thing, maybe I should get the ingredients for the Ethereal Ink first? And how do I find those?
Wait a sec. If you know about Ethereal Ink, you should've already finished the part where you need to read the scroll I mentioned.
You have Ethereal Ink recipe but don't have Dreamwalk Incense recipe, am I right? If so, it seems you need to read the 'Incenses and Balms' book in the Alchemy shelf.

Ingredients can be found all over the map. For example, if you have finished Moroes' side quest, you must have noticed the chest in his room from which dropped Essential Oil, one of the ingredients for Dreamwalk Incense. Just explore and look for chests or plants with some little sparks around them.

Level 50
Wait a sec. If you know about Ethereal Ink, you should've already finished the part where you need to read the scroll I mentioned.
You have Ethereal Ink recipe but don't have Dreamwalk Incense recipe, am I right?
No, quite the opposite. I have the Dreamwalk Incense recipe, but I don't have the ingredients for the Ethereal Ink. I must have missed the order of reading the scrolls and books. If that changes anything...

Level 11
Can we use a hero like Gul'dan later? I've always wanted to see his mighty deadly power.
I think he's an OP hero, fit for being the enemy AI. For example, in Act II, in chapter: Battle of the Broken Shores, where the player plays as the Black Tooth Grin Clan and the Blackhand brothers, while Gul'dan and Cho'gall are fit for being the enemies, since it could make a good challenge for a player. But I would like to see him playable, too!

Level 9
I think he's an OP hero, fit for being the enemy AI. For example, in Act II, in chapter: Battle of the Broken Shores, where the player plays as the Black Tooth Grin Clan and the Blackhand brothers, while Gul'dan and Cho'gall are fit for being the enemies, since it could make a good challenge for a player. But I would like to see him playable, too!
I think Guldan can be playable when he find the corpse of Teron'gor to raise him as a death knight

Level 11
I think Guldan can be playable when he find the corpse of Teron'gor to raise him as a death knight
Just like in Legacy of the Master, yes. And since ComradeMaper likes puzzles and brain games, I'm sure he'll make a similar chapter, but in his own way.

Level 10

Gul'dan was also present at Caer Darrow when the Horde invaded Quel'Thalas. It was him who created the first Altar of Storms and turned Ogres into Ogre Magi. I thought about this mission as about the best one to make him playable.

And I have one more idea, but not sure yet whether it will be implemented or not)

Level 11
Guys, is chapter seven: Stormwind the last chapter of Act I? I ask because I'm interested to know whether is it worth playing or should I wait until next chapters are done.

Level 3
So I've read through the comments on how to progress in chapter 6 I've fully explored as much as the map as I can, done the side quest but I see I need a recipe from reading the "incenses and balms" book but when I read it nothing happens just the read book noise, I used the ancient scroll as well where he mentions if it's for a spell, any help please running the campaign on 1.31 tried restarting the mission and everything but no luck

Level 10
So I've read through the comments on how to progress in chapter 6 I've fully explored as much as the map as I can, done the side quest but I see I need a recipe from reading the "incenses and balms" book but when I read it nothing happens just the read book noise, I used the ancient scroll as well where he mentions if it's for a spell, any help please running the campaign on 1.31 tried restarting the mission and everything but no luck
Did you use the 'Farseing Miracle' book before 'Incenses and Balms'?

Level 4
Hey, I would just like to say it's one of the unique campaigns I've played. Really like how you've added some RPG style and some puzzles. Felt like a whole new game, really like it's focusing a lot on Medivh and his apprentice. Overall I'd have to give it a 4.5/5. Didn't even need cheats at all, so for anyone that had to use cheats than they are clearly just impatient. Minor setbacks are the following:

There's some grammar/punctuation issues in some dialoged, not too big of an issue for those that skip but, for players like myself; it's nice to understand & read without having to spend more time thinking - what the word actually is?
  • Chapter 1 - When you go inside the sewers, when you sneak past the guards and go all the way south, you can destroy a create and obtain a scroll. I had issues knowing what to do with it. Was there any tips/tricks that could of helped me?
  • Tool tip issue with Medivh's mother, Aegwynn. - With her water elemental spell, it says it does "0-0" damage when it clearly does like 41-44 dmg.
  • With the boss fight, when you go invisible you should, allow the Character to stay invisible if she's enchanting the spell that gives her mana. (Just to make the fight a bit quicker).
  • Add more optimal quests!
  • Add ping signs to help players go to specific locations so they don't miss out on them! (Trying to prevent players using cheats to see the whole map).
  • Hopefully get to see the 1 on 1 fight between Durotan & Guldan.

Keen for more!

Last edited:
Level 10
There's some grammar/punctuation issues in some dialoged
I would be glad if you report those you found.

Chapter 1 - When you go inside the sewers, when you sneak past the guards and go all the way south, you can destroy a create and obtain a scroll. I had issues knowing what to do with it. Was there any tips/tricks that could of helped me?
The scroll only says that if you destroyed the crate and obtained it, you are doomed. A part of the test from Medivh)

Hopefully get to see the 1 on 1 fight between Durotan & Guldan.
'My idea was to tell the story of the first two wars between the Orcs and Humans but in it's canon way...' - so, no Gul'dan vs Durotan, but Orgrim vs Blackhand instead. Gul'dan was never an orc to honor Mak'gora and would never answer such challenge. He would simply send a bunch of assassins to kill the challenger)