• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarCraft: The Beginning (Patch 1.31) WIP

Introduction
Hello there! After much doubt and torment I finally decided to share my little hobby project with the community.

It has already been under development for about 4 or 5 years considering my longtime breaks from time to time.
In the beginning this whole project was heavily... 'inspired' by well-known WarCraft movie. My idea was to tell the story of the first two wars between the Orcs and Humans but in it's canon way, the way it existed in WarCraft lore according to various books and games existing. I still know no campaigns which could tell this story in a modern way (I mean, WarCraft III way).

Then Chronicles Vol.2 released and the idea turned into something new. To merge and combine existing sources into a compiled story which will take the best from all of them. The movie had great scenes but was... let's be honest, pretty bad in general. Let's take these scenes then! The books have good dialogs - let's use them! That is what my project realy is, a compilation to tell the story to those who already know it and to those who might not know it yet.

• october 17 2021
    • Added two new chapters
    • Multiple bug fixes
    • Alchemy system for Khadgar chapters
    • New side quest in chapter 4
    • New assets

If you encounter any bug, let me know.

P.S. If you see some of your content (model/texture/icon) used without credit - let me know and I will give it. This campaign was not meant to be published for a long time and I don't realy remember all the authors, sorry.

Previews
Contents

WarCraft: The Beginning WIP (Campaign)

Reviews
Amazing. While this isn't almost finished (any campaign can always be updated to prolong the story), it offers enough missions to play. It has good quality and I really love how much work you've put into it. Approved! PS: It would be nice to post...
Level 10
Level 6
Thank you for your reply!

It just crashes immediately upon loading the first map (all is good until you don't try to load maps)

Level 6
Hello ComradeMaper,

So I managed to gather a 1.31 WCIII version and I'm playing through the campaign, but I'm stuck at the "find a way to ocntrol the visions" level. I managed to read and click on all the books from "Nations of Azeroth", "Alchemy", "Ancient Lore", "Military History", "Arcane Arts"1 & 2, and "Beastiary", but no new recipes appeared in my alchemy handbook and nothing is happening in general. I got the 2 books on time and the scroll about "Vallion's Sight", of ocurse. What should I do?

Level 10
Hello ComradeMaper,

So I managed to gather a 1.31 WCIII version and I'm playing through the campaign, but I'm stuck at the "find a way to ocntrol the visions" level. I managed to read and click on all the books from "Nations of Azeroth", "Alchemy", "Ancient Lore", "Military History", "Arcane Arts"1 & 2, and "Beastiary", but no new recipes appeared in my alchemy handbook and nothing is happening in general. I got the 2 books on time and the scroll about "Vallion's Sight", of ocurse. What should I do?
Hello.
You need to read the books in the correct order (if you read the right one - you will get comment from Khadgar with a hint to the next book).
After the scroll he says 'Is that a name of some sort of spell or what?', hinting you to check the Arcane Arts shelves again, looking for some book about 'Sight', 'Seeing' or 'Vision'.

I try to give hints without telling the exact walkthrough) Let me know if you need further assistance.

P.S. Yeah, now when I look at this puzzle after a year or so... It might be quite confusing)

Level 8
Hello.
You need to read the books in the correct order (if you read the right one - you will get comment from Khadgar with a hint to the next book).
After the scroll he says 'Is that a name of some sort of spell or what?', hinting you to check the Arcane Arts shelves again, looking for some book about 'Sight', 'Seeing' or 'Vision'.

I try to give hints without telling the exact walkthrough) Let me know if you need further assistance.

P.S. Yeah, now when I look at this puzzle after a year or so... It might be quite confusing)
Greeting, @ComradeMaper what's the news from this Warcraft : the First War campaign? Really interested to see the story of the conflict against Medivh (possessed by Sargeras) and also the demon 🙂

Level 6
Hello.

Thanks!

So, I finally finished the campaign and I must say, the work you did is excellent! Great campaign indeed!

I'm not an English native speaker so I forgot what "WIP" meant and I was actually quite sad when I discovered that this is not finished, after the last chapter :( I was enthralled by the story and eager to discover the rest!

I'd just have a couple of feedbacks to give (in no particular order):

• In the first map, getting the treasure in the room with the chief Death Knight is basically impossible... Unless I'm too dumb and I just did not reflect on how to get the treasure enough, in which case, discard this point...
  • In the map where Khadgar is knocked out, the section where Khadgar has to flee needs improvement because as of now it is... quite annoying. Khadgar isn't able to escape anywhere in the vicinity and he has to follow a long winded road in order to properly escape... But with the fog of war that road isn't intuitive and the player ends up dying fast and multiple times in a row because it is surrounded by enemies on nearly all sides except the one that is correct. I actually got SO frustrated that I had to use "iseedeadpeople" there.
  • In all the rest of the gameplay, I would have liked a general higher difficulty though, I find that the only map that was properly challenging was the one where Orgrim had to destroy Human bases in 1 hour.
  • The cooldown for the teleporting orb in Kharazan should be WAY lower. Walking everywhere is quite a pain, but if the orb takes too much time to recharge you're forced to do it anyway rendering the orb itself nearly useless.
  • Please, do NOT let Alexstrasza place a recharging health circle on the spot where Sargeras usually goes when you are invisible and he can't see you. It's REALLY hard to damage Sargeras (as it SHOULD be, that's not the issue) and it becomes REALLY frustrating when Sargeras regains, like, all of his health because of Alexstrasza, making you lose the last 10 minutes of gameplay...
  • Yeah, I think that you should change the sentence concerning the Vallon's Sight spell so that it points more explicitely to the "far sight"'s related book.

And...That was it, I think. Overall, GREAT campaign with a couple of blemishes here and there. 9.5/10.

Last edited:
Level 10
Thanks!

So, I finally finished the campaign and I must say, the work you did is excellent! Great campaign indeed!

I'm not an English native speaker so I forgot what "WIP" meant and I was actually quite sad when I discovered that this is not finished, after the last chapter :( I was enthralled by the story and eager to discover the rest!

I'd just have a couple of feedbacks to give (in no particular order):

• In the first map, getting the treasure in the room with the chief Death Knight is basically impossible... Unless I'm too dumb and I just did not reflect on how to get the treasure enough, in which case, discard this point...
  • In the map where Khadgar is knocked out, the section where Khadgar has to flee needs improvement because as of now it is... quite annoying. Khadgar isn't able to escape anywhere in the vicinity and he has to follow a long winded road in order to properly escape... But with the fog of war that road isn't intuitive and the player ends up dying fast and multiple times in a row because it is surrounded by enemies on nearly all sides except the one that is correct. I actually got SO frustrated that I had to use "iseedeadpeople" there.
  • In all the rest of the gameplay, I would have liked a general higher difficulty though, I find that the only map that was properly challenging was the one where Orgrim had to destroy Human bases in 1 hour.
  • The cooldown for the teleporting orb in Kharazan should be WAY lower. Walking everywhere is quite a pain, but if the orb takes too much time to recharge you're forced to do it anyway rendering the orb itself nearly useless.
  • Please, do NOT let Alexstrasza place a recharging health circle on the spot where Sargeras usually goes when you are invisible and he can't see you. It's REALLY hard to damage Sargeras (as it SHOULD be, that's not the issue) and it becomes REALLY frustrating when Sargeras regains, like, all of his health because of Alexstrasza, making you lose the last 10 minutes of gameplay...
  • Yeah, I think that you should change the sentence concerning the Vallon's Sight spell so that it points more explicitely to the "far sight"'s related book.

And...That was it, I think. Overall, GREAT campaign with a couple of blemishes here and there. 9.5/10.
Thanks for your feedback!

The treasure is meant to be unobtainable. A greed test from Medivh)

Did not expect Sargeras to regenerate this way. Gonna fix it for sure:xxd:

Last edited:
Level 3
1699208392755.png

I can not use to examine on the strange hoofprint, so I couldn't handle the quest here.
I was playing it on Reforged.
Btw maybe you should change some models for Reforged, e.g. Alextrazsa, Blue dragon (Salogon?)
I think it was last chapter so I would like to finish it, maybe its possible wiht old version like 1.31.
And thx so much for that great story.
Also I couldnt find some names on warcraftwiki, thats all story is not canon in the campaign game?