You mean 'The Lonely Tower', right? Warlocks? Black Riders maybe (Nazguls in the sewer)? Tell me more details please, what quests you've done already and what items do you have? Better reply to direct so we won't spoil the solution to the others)In Chapter 1 how do you get past the warlocks?
WOW, thanks! It means much to me as I was inspired by your campaigns as well (The Last Guardian especially, Chapter 1 is a big ammage to your point and click gameplay).Great! Looking forwarf to its completion.
I really love your design of interior Karazhan. The rooms look fantastic. Models and textures work very well.
I also like your approach of having a single linear canonical story that switches perspectives between orcs and humans as opposed to the usual direct remakes of separated WC1 campaigns.
I love sooo much this campaign good job man i was said when i ended last mission ineeeed more plzzzzz
I have passed all chapters and its looks great. I cant wait for final version of this campaign! Good Job!!!!!!!
I've played the first chapter. Some points for improvements:
hi dear, how to pass the first chapter? i stuck in the second quest, please give me your advice!I've played the first chapter. Some points for improvements:
- The introductio text before the first cinematic is too long. If possible, replace it completely with cutscenes that show stuff. The final chapter of Rise of the Horde might give the right inspiration.
- Some cinematics could need more camera angles/movement and unit movement. e.g. When Durotan is talking to Blackhand in the area, cut down to him more often and have Durotan move a bit towards Blackhand.
- I think the initial base building tutorial is not useful. I'm pretty sure 100% of all people who play this campaign will know the basics of WC3 and no refresher is necessary.
- The step-by-step introduction of each quest requirement and tech shouldn't be like this. Instead, it should be clear from the beginning which tech can be built. Simply two objectives to train 5 Grunts and research weapon upgrades should be enough. Let the players figure out the how and when.
- There should be a leaderboard to count the trained Grunts.
- It should be possible to train more than 5 Grunts (even if the arena fight only allows 5) just for the sake of not feeling restricted/tutorialized.
- There should be other stuff to do except for fighting. Probably un-Frostwolf-like but just a (unique) idea: What if some of your units start fighting each other on a regular basis? You just have to keep them apart; if they die you need to train 1 more Grunt.
- Make it possible to control Durotan and Draka while building up the base. Give them something useful to do. Players can take this time to become familiar with their abilities as the arena fight is a bit too hectic for that.
- Minimap looks way bigger than the actual map plays out. Remove unused areas and make map smaller.
- Make fallen units in the arena fight unselectable.
- I like the music. I like the dialogue and cinematics. I like the idea.
- I like the arena fight. You could add more "features" like enemies with special abilities or traps, but not necessary in my opinion.
No, it is about Chapter One (The Lonely Tower). ice777 asked this exact question earlier. And yeah, it was Draka, not Garona)You mean the area fight? Just micro damaged units out of the way and use Garona's healing spell on them. Cast Durotan's wolf ability when he is out.
Hi, I started a conversation with you a few days earlier so we could discuss your problem without spoiling solution to the others. Did you receive my message? You have not replied yet)hi dear, how to pass the first chapter? i stuck in the second quest, please give me your advice!
hey there it was a great campaign, just want to ask when will the Second War will shown up ?The only way I know so far is by installing War3 version 1.31 from unofficial sources. I'm afraid, that's it. At least until they return Custom Campaigns to Reforged (which I doubt they ever will)
Thank you. The Second War will not show up soon I still stuck with Act I and don't have much time since my work and studies...
November or December - definitely no, sorry( There will be at least one map that can consume an entire month to balance everything. Act I might be finished Spring 2021. March or April, I suppose.Oh i understanf sir, so anychance the rest of ACT I will be came this november or December ? And i know its to early but just want to ask you, if later Second war campaign did happent, bis there be twoo choice in second war either win as Horde or Allience also a level where we battle Guldan in Broken Shore Island and after him inside the Tomb of Sargeras ?
November or December - definitely no, sorry( There will be at least one map that can consume an entire month to balance everything. Act I might be finished Spring 2021. March or April, I suppose.
Speaking about your questions:
1) No, you won't be able to choose which faction win because the project itself is about telling the canonical story. Which means that the Horde wins the First Was, then Orgrim messes all up and loses the Second War (Yeah, I know he did what he did to protect his people from Gul'dan and demons but as the result he weakened the Horde greatly so the Second War became the desperate chase to survive rather then conquest).
2) Broken Shores - ayep. A fight against Stormreavers and Twilight Hammer outside the Tomb - definitely. Maybe a level inside the Tomb to chase Gul'dan and find his corpse in the end.
Too true, but the plan to conquer Lordaeron was itself a desperate attempt to break humans' resistance cause Orgrim doubted he could destroy them in open combat. According to Chronicles at least)Technicaly sir Orgim nearly succeed conquring Lordaeron with help from human allience of Altarec, but it was Guldan to be blame where he and Chogal took half of the Horde Forces for his own goal to take his price inside the Tomb of Sargeras, Kiljaden and Sargeras knew of this and punished Guldan by having him fall to their trap inside the tomb for costing the Horde victory of invasion.
Too true, but the plan to conquer Lordaeron was itself a desperate attempt to break humans' resistance cause Orgrim doubted he could destroy them in open combat. According to Chronicles at least)
It's okay, why not. But I have no FB or Twitter. Maybe we should just start a private conversation here on Hive?You know i made a Warcraft story for the 2nd movie in my version, probly you are interested to made into campaign someday, anychance you have a twitter or a facebook so i can message you, if you are okay ?
How is your work on this campaign going ?
I would like to point out that during that time, even the Frostwolf shamans had embraced warlock magic, especially Drek'Thar, until the entire clan was exiled from the Horde. See Rise of the Horde and Lord of the Clans for reference. (Drek'Thar)...By the way in the lore Drek'thar is a shaman (a blind shaman) not a warlock, if it is possible change the title of the Warlock to Shaman....
Oh! I didn't know about that part, thanks!
There will be more custom rewards with the plot going further. If I play all the cool new items from the start, the player will be harder to satisfy later.Use and make some more custom items as reward for killing hig level creeps and completing hard quests
The thing is they WERE green in the original lore. It was not Mannoroth's blood what made orcs greenskinned, it was consentrated Fel energies around them. Or else Thrall should have been brown as well, because both his parents were intact by Mannoroth.as you know orcs of the frost wolf clan have brown skin instead of green so if you could find brown orc units for the frost wolf clan change them because they didn't drink from mannoroth's blood but if you couldn't it's not a big problem.
Act 2, as well as all the events of the Second War.And I have question, at which point of your campaign Gul'dan will go to tomb of sargeras? Act 2 or 3?
I didn't got it, sorry. What scroll and what apologies are you talking about?)by the way I've escaped with scroll and khadgar accepted the Apologies.
Have been distracted from the campaign for a while because of real life stuff, sadly.any news about the campaign
Thanks for the advise!Some tips for puzzles:
- The lesson I learned with TLG Version 2 is to come up with interesting puzzles first and then build the levels around them. The levels do not look much like Karazhan/Stormwind, but they are decently filled with gameplay, each area serving its purpose and not so much walking.
- Design each puzzle starting with its last step, not its first. Let's say, the last steps is your objective, to get through a door. To get through the door you need to find a key. To find a key you need to bribe someone. To bribe this person you need to find gold. To find gold you need to unlock a chest, and so on. This way you can add as many steps as you need, and both you and the player will alway be aware of what the ultimate goal is. Branching steps is also much easier this way. e.g. step 2 is to create a healing potion, step1a is to find ingredient a, and step1b is to find ingredient b.
- Inspiration for side quests: Look at your source material and come up with meaningful objectives. Why is Khadgar there? What must he do? From there on you can just add "problems" in his path; simple ones like I mentioned before. Maybe Karazhan/Stormwind is very big and Khadgar needs to activate a way gate system. For that he needs various orbs of power. One orb must be bought; another orb must be found with clues; another orb must be fought for; etc.
Personally I would like to see this campaign focus more on the battles fought with Orgrim and Anduin, simply because The Last Guardian already exists as a campaign, but I understand that Khadgar and Medivh are hard to ignore when making a modern WC1 remake and for the sake of complete lore you would want them in there.
Thanks for your words)Alright, this has me excited! Thanks for showing 1.31 some love and taking the best bits from the movie and working it in.
I only have one question -- will you be permitting people to use your assets for their own projects as well? Provided they give you credit, of course. There's a LOT of stuff in your screenshots alone that'd be perfect for machinima projects and the like.
Hm, hard to say what went wrong. Could you provide me with more info about what you were doing the bug occured? I mean, almost everything you did so I can try to recreate the issue by myself and see what is the matter. Was there difference in your actions between the two runs where you had this bug and where you did not?No worries, man, I know how that is. I've been sitting on a machinima project for the past how many years now because I've been waiting for the right assets to turn up and I've been collecting everything I plan to use for it.
Seriously, though, this project is amazing and I love how you're working in stuff from the movie to the "official" lore. Right now though I have run across a bug -- the beginning mission, on Draenor, I need to train 5 grunts. I train 5 grunts but then the game never recognizes that I did it.