• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft : Orcs

As the name says, this is a pure remake of what the glorious Warcraft: Orcs & Humans used to be and is. For all of those who would like to play back Wc1 with the style, the graphic and the interface of Wc3.

Features:
- Dual Single Player campaign: Play as Orcs or Humans and unveil their respective plots in 12 missions of real old Warcraft atmosphere.
- Old original warcraft music brought back and plaid stage by stage as the original soundtrack order was set.
- Old spells recreated. From the Necrolytes' "Unholy Armor" to the knee-dropping Warlocks' "Cloud of Poison".
- Accurate remake of the old levels' geography. Every single corner of all maps has been pasted to the wc3 engine!
- Artificial Intelligence perfectly re-created comparing the old ones. You'll incredibly feel exactly like playing against the original AI!
- All old units recreated. Raiders, "imba" catapults, Spearmen, summoned units and more!!
- Every units' stats same as how they were in the old game: from the "Crystal-fragility" of the Skeletons to the "Tank-resistance" of the Daemons.
- Intro briefings displayed as in-mission cinematics that will display a brief preview of your forces and some of the enemy.
- New plot explanations. Indoor stages have the addition of a longer intro-briefing displaying interesting(non-canon) chat between characters. Also, hit the "mission objective" button in each mission to read more curiosities about the storyline.

ok ladies and gentlemen, i'm happy to announce, after almost 6 years from the release, the big
UPDATE

CHANGE LOG

GENERAL:

- Both campaigns now lighter: 88,7 MB together against the previous ones' 120+ MB
- Fixed the campaign buttons not showing after completing each mission WITHOUT CHEATS! Thanks and sorry to all the (honest)players who reported.
- Fixed a bug that caused Summon Spiders/Scorpions to Summon Daemons/Elementals instead
- Fixed a bug which didn't let the player win and move to the ending after completing the last map in both campaigns.
- Fixed the AI Raise Dead spell, now working.

GAMEPLAY:

- Units selection limit(4) restored to normal(12), by popular demand.
- Just like in the original wc1, a voice will inform the player about enemies approaching the base
- Walls now buildable from the Town Hall; system created by Mechanical Man.
- Fixed(by Mechanical Man) a bug which "teleported underground" a worker unit when denied to build too far from the base.
- Revised and changed ALL UNITS' hit-points, armor and damage(original wc1 stats data and game mechanic studied and deeply explained by Clownboss here This game is so old it's not funny. - Warcraft: Orcs & Humans Message Board for PC - Page 2 - GameFAQs)
Now, because wc3 can't really handle the system explained in the link, i had to change stats repeatedly, test and tweak around. You'll see units with incredibly high gap of difference in armor, but still loyal to the old game. Also, because of the fact(as you can read in the link above) that every wc1 unit had a 20% chance of missing their target, i had to give every unit a 20% evasion ability called "Fortitude".

AESTHETIC:

- Swapped the "swampy" maps tileset from Lordaeron Fall to Dalaran Ruins.
- With the exception of buildings, the whole game interface is now entirely customized with Wc1 icons(units, unit commands, spells, etc), created by myself.
- All intro and outro cinematics adjusted and improved.
- All briefing cinematics are now voiced by Bill Roper sounds(as in the CD version of wc1)
- Removed Ferris/Trespus and Zeke/Shivat from briefings and replaced with nameless Grunt/Paladin
- Forced both humans and orcs victory screens to their RoC versions.
- Revised and corrected ALL tooltips and extra dialogues in the game.
- New(and much much lighter) loading screens for every mission, created by me using artworks by Samwise from the wc1 manual, plus few others.
- New loading screens for all intros/endings and for campaigns' main screen.
- New models for:
Humans:
Archer(kitabatake), Knight(loktar), Catapult(AndrewOverload519), Conjurer(loktar), Cleric(retextured from DoC by loktar), Barracks(retextured from DoC by loktar), Mill(retextured from DoC by loktar), Stable(Mike), Blacksmith(retextured from DoC by loktar), Church(Ket), Wall section(retextured from DoC by Loktar)

Orcs:
Spearman(retextured from DoC by Lightskin), Necrolyte(by kam), Warlock(Loktar), Blacksmith(REDXIII), Temple(retextured from DoC by Lightskin), Barracks(retextured from DoC by Loktar), Wall section(retextured from DoC by Loktar)

Neutrals & Others:
Fire Elemental(Alfredx_sotn), Skeleton(HerrDave), LogBridge(Mephestrial), Bandit Crossbowman(Wandering Soul), plus another model from Deolrin which i'm not telling because.....spoilers. ;)

Now I guess it's time for the most important part, the main event, the new

HARD MODE

Every map in the game now has a Dialogue Box system(created by 3ICE) that allows you to choose between NORMAL and HARD mode.
WHAT DOES THE HARD MODE DO:
The hard mode drastically modifies the whole game.
All missions have transitions between day and night.
When playing as humans, orcs will strike with more aggressiveness during the night, while the opposite happens when playing as orcs.
Don't relax even when playing the first missions, as the Hard mode will render them more difficult(and interesting) to play!
Completing a map in Hard Mode will unlock the Hard Mode level for the next one.
In addition(finally we're here), the Hard mode will unlock new BONUS OBJECTIVES in each map. Completing a bonus objective will unlock a new ability for a specific unit which will carry-over the rest of the campaign(only in Hard Mode). Completing ALL of the Bonus Objectives will unlock a special objective in the last map(Blackrock Spire/Stormwind Keep), which, if accomplished, will unlock a secret intro which will lead to 2 bonus maps(for each campaign) and a bonus finale at their completion.
The bonus maps are sub-plot missions following the aftermath of the first war for both Lothar and Garona.

Project is now on
PATCH v2.8

Ver2.8 CHANGE LOG:

- Under permission of @loktar , i'm using his Wc1 models to enrich the remake. Unfortunately not all of the models have been remade yet. The missing ones are the Kennel and the orc Blacksmith.
The renewed models include all human and orc structures, Grunts, Raiders, Spearmen, Crossbowmen, Necrolytes(+attack and Dark Vision effect), Clerics' Holy Lance attacks effect, Conjurers, Scorpions and more.
- To celebrate the 10 years of this project, both Orcs & Humans secret campaigns will be unlocked from the beginning!
- New Hint messages will be displayed during Orc secret map 1 for the player to better understand how to exploit the "allegiance" mechanic, and to quickly acknowledge Garona's new abilities. Same will go for Lothar's secret map 1.
- Conjurer's Comet Strike attack effect has been changed into "howl", so any enemy unit struck will suffer a brief penalty to their attack damage. This ability may work or may not, but as before, who's relying on Conjurer for base defense or attack, anyway?
- Clerics/Necrolytes attack range reduced from 200 to 150, but upgrade from Bonus Objective will now increase their range by +150 instead of +100.
- AI attack waves in most maps were too short in Hard mode and too long in Normal mode. A rebalancement has been made.
- Human secret map 1 will also go through some changes:
First off, autocast function for Cleric Healing spell has been disabled here. Now, as in the previous version of the map, the player is forced to manage his gold on a limited amount of upgrades. In v2.8, this management will carry over to the next map. Furthermore, if you manage to let the Conjurer survive the first map, he will come with you in the second map. Also, if you decided to research the Rain of Fire for him in the previous map, the research will carry over to the next map as well. Any research that has NOT been made in the first map will NOT be available in the second map.
- Fire & Water Elementals, Spiders & Scorpions will now have all Chaos attacks(only get a 1.20 damage ratio over Large Armor type).
- Reworked bonus objective dynamic for human map 9: now losing Catapults or Scorpions to enemy Catapult attacks will not cause the secret objective to fail.
- Fixed some cinematic issues
- Several building sizes and ground textures reworked, in order to accomodate new models.
- Catapults damage has been reworked: now the Catapult will inflict its full damage on direct hit, while 60% of damage will spill in the surrounding area, in a cluster radius of 9 units like warcraft 1 & 2.
In this way only the heaviest units(such as Knights/Raiders, tier 2 summons and other Catapults) will survive the splash damage. This should also prevent Knights/Raiders from getting killed by a quick-lob glitch caused by Catapults firing right at the edge of their minimum attack range.
A mention has to be made towards the damage mitigation system in Warcraft 3, which works on percentage absorption rather than nullifying single numerical units. A Knight/Raider in this remake has a standard defence of 15, which absorbs 47% of damage. This percentage goes up by 4 for each of the two Shields upgrades, so you can guess how it further goes to inflict towards Catapult damage.
- Switched Lothar's Shield Bash ability with Shockwave: deals 50 damage over a straight line at the cost of 50 mana(like "Roar") with 10 seconds cooldown. This should also prove useful in the Human secret map 2, as the Shield Bash was only useful to snipe enemy Catapults, plus with the risk of Lothar getting stuck between obstacles due to a bug from the spell system.
- Added Donations Button down below so if you feel superkind, and think this guy here has well-spent over 10 years in creating and perfecting this remake for you to play for free, any donation would be super appreciated! :) ^^

PATCH v2.6

Ver2.6 CHANGE LOG:

- Archers on map 5 slightly moved aside the middle of the right bridge to prevent a very little(yet possible) chance for AI units from getting stuck there while attacking in a big balled-up fashion.
- Trees on southeastern corner of map 11 slightly moved to prevent AI units from getting stuck underneath while attacking.
- Timer for Hard mode on map 10 increased from 5 to 8 minutes.
- Timer for Hard mode bonus objective on map 12 increased from 5 to 6 minutes.
- Rain of fire/cloud of poison: Damage of each wave reduced from 18 to 13, decreased number of waves from 4 to 3, decreased building resistance to the spell from 25% to 0%, increased mana cost from 28 to 30.
- Water Elemental attack type changed from Piercing to Magic, as a bypass for the Footmen Defense ability.
- Upkeep removed
- Damage of Chaos/Magic attack type decreased from 1.30 to 1.20 on heavy armors.

PATCH v2.4

Ver2.4 CHANGE LOG:

- Clerics cooldown attack speed increased from 0.30 to 0.35
- Necrolytes cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.30 to 0.25
- Warlocks cooldown attack speed increased from 0.40 to 0.70
- Conjurers cooldown attack speed increased from 0.40 to 0.65
- Fixed a bug that prevented losing a bonus quest in human mission 9
- Conjurers' "Comet Strike" ability should now work normally
- Fixed building refund that was giving +25 wood everytime a Tower was placed beyond limit(both campaigns)

PATCH v2.2

Ver2.2 CHANGE LOG:

- Archer/Spearman cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.85 to 0.75
- Archer/Spearman projectile's speed increased from 2400 to 3000
- Water Elementals cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.90 to 0.75
- Water Elementals projectile's speed increased from 1400 to 2000
- Daemon cooldown attack speed decreased from 1.10 to 1.00
- Skeleton(both types) cooldown attack speed decreased from 1.10 to 1.00
- All Cavalry and infantry melee units(spellcasters excluded) cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.60 to 0.50
- Scorpion and Spider cooldown attack speed increased from 0.60 to 0.65
- Slime cooldown attack speed decreased from 1.10 to 1.00
- Ogre cooldown attack speed increased from 0.60 to 0.65
- Fire Elemental cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.70 to 0.65
- Adjusted enemy summonings on level medium in advanced/final missions
- Enemy units training in missions 5, 6, 7, 9, 11 and 12 delayed and slowed down in both medium and hard modes
- Forced Catapult periodic training for AI in map 6 and 9 to accomodate Hard Mode Bonus achievement
- Fixed enemy casters waypoints in map 11
- Footmen Deflect ability set back to deflect projectiles(was disabled).
- Conjurers' Comet Strike ability has now "Storm Hammers" effects.
- Fixed Comet Strike ability that appeared as researched in some missions in Normal mode.
- Adjusted Ogres to the left side in the second part of mission 4.
- Corrected Armor Upgrade tooltip.
- Adjusted log-bridges height in swampy maps

TO PLAYERS

- Hard mode and Bonus objectives have been tested. They are working 100% and are accomplishable even without cheats; so thanks in advance to all players who will play this remake as it should be.
- Bonus objectives are easier(most of them are possibile only) if you have achieved bonus goals in previous missions, so that the abilities you carry-over may save the day.
- Please notify me of ANY bugs, and i will fix them straight away.
- DO NOT attempt to sell, distribute or whatever idea comes in your mind about this remake(expecially claiming it your own)!!!!!!
- Enjoy FOR FREE my 8 years-long work!
- PLEASE SHARE THE TRAILER!!

Remember: this project took me 8 years. My very first goal was to play it myself, then as it started to take shape I also figured I could gladly share it with the Warcraft 3 community to show them all my passion for the classic games! So, if you want to be super generous and kind, please donate. ;)
Very much appreciated! ^^

Keywords:
warcraft orcs humans remake campaign update enhanced
Contents

Warcraft : Orcs (Campaign)

Reviews
17:59, 2nd Feb 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 21
I'll just update, because I tried this campaign before, but it sudden;y kicked out when I was trying too play it.
Oh and I'll be sure too comment on my favorites of this campaign.

Level 20
I have to report something - the spearman and the archers are different in the original warcraft 1 game ---> the spearman had a bit smaller range but a bit greater damage than the archers. And also while I was in the Editor why are there on every map (neutral)heroes in the corners like spectators? And also the 2-nd cave map of the humans --> The Warlock there is Medivh and also the demon and the last fire elemental are not in their right places, they have to be inside in the hall in front of the warlock where the last skeleton now stands. And one more thing there is something you missed (may be) There is a door missing to enter the big hall in front of the warlock! Just see the file below and you'll understand what I mean! Otherwise I had the same idea of doing the campaigns of WC1 but I'm a beginner with the Editor and I've only began the first two maps - you are much much better keep on with the good work!

heyheyheyheyhey :D i got your point by the time i saw your pic:
Spectators-like heroes are there to be part of the initial briefing-dialogue, they're later removed from the game via trigger. Those two fire elem and daemons are there initially because they would be seen in the briefing movie(play the map before opening it with the WE and you'll understand!!!) hence spoiling what big bad guy you'll face ;)
The warlock there is mediv: of course is medivh. Is he named differently in the game? what you mean then?
I don't know about that door but is probably a thing i added due to some other restyling.

PLAY MY CAMPS! I LOVE ALL OF YOU!!
OVER 2100 HUMAN THANKS
AND OVER 1600 ORCISH THANKS!!!!

Thanks from the depth of my hearth to those few who gave me +rep as well!!

Level 3
I loved the maps, there were a few bugs but overall the campaign was well done, I enjoyed how you added the wc1 music in there as well

Level 7
Well I played the Orc campaigns and saw the Warlock summon Demon bug - it summons Spiders - like the summon spider spell. And did you fix the range of the Spear man (it should be at least -150-200 shorter than the range of the Archers - if I may suggest; and also the damage of the Spear man should be a little bigger than the damage of the Archers, so it was in WC1)
Thank you for taking my criticism as an advice and not like something bad! :smile:

Level 20
Well I played the Orc campaigns and saw the Warlock summon Demon bug - it summons Spiders - like the summon spider spell. And did you fix the range of the Spear man (it should be at least -150-200 shorter than the range of the Archers - if I may suggest; and also the damage of the Spear man should be a little bigger than the damage of the Archers, so it was in WC1)
Thank you for taking my criticism as an advice and not like something bad! :smile:

Well, let's say you discovered half of the BBB but it's something similar.
Summon Daemons it DOES summon Daemons. At least no one but you reported about that. There's something else behind.
Since spear throwing anim was slower than archers' shooting one, i made their range a bit higher so they can compensate this dead time. Anyway, there will be no updates since the spell tree is all messed up. Orc's dead rising in human camp stucks and it won't work. In the orc camp summon spells are crazy(lol) but only orc ones.

Level 2
Hi, this map campaign does not work for me, i hit the start button and then it ,comes back to the main page where u select to start the map.

Level 2
Assault upon Grand Hamlet - how?

Assault upon Grand Hamlet,

Hi, i am struggling with this level, maybe not enough though, but i always get killed, i dont know what the strategy is with this level.

I get attacked and i cant build a barracks and survive and my mine runs our of gold and there is no way i can get to the other ones.

Anybody with tips?

Level 20
Your two initial fronts are the wood enclosure at the left of the mine below you and the bridge to the right. Put two grunts on a side and two spearman with a grunt on another. You then have to get at least 5 peons to the mine and then you can start sending two or three for the wood. Once you have your first peon trained, quickly build another farm, then wait and train the necessary peons i just told you. If one of your guarding forces depletes, send reinforcements from the other one. When both of your guarding forces deplete, join them up and stay in the middle of the two attack wave routes so that you can send them quickly to fight the incoming enemy. Your goal here is to build a bunch of Spearmen. They're the best option in defence and offence(in the forward levels it will take different strategies patterns). Go for spear upgrades too, they're good as hell. Good luck! ;) and thanks for playing.

Level 2
I dont really picture what you are saying, but i wll put 2 grunts alone at one bridge and 1 with the 2 spearmen at the other bridge.
Its getting the gold and the wood thats a pain and building the barracks and farms and even the Warmill which is dam expensive as a whole and all that time u can be dead.

I will try though using the 5 men i have in the beginning as cork stoppers at bridges instead of letting then protect the base like i have been, which seems to get my peons murdered also.

Cheers
greetings from SA

Level 1
Where do you get the update? I'm new to this site.

I clicked the download button just above the first post and I get an error where I can't play Chapter One.

Level 3
Ok, i got the Orc campaign, but when i want to start Chapter 1 i get back to the start screen from WC 3 custom campaign. What do i have to do?

Level 2
Hi, I play chase the fox finish , i kill everybody but the level doesnt end. I dont understand what i am supposed to do

Level 20
Strange, nobody reported anything wrong with that map.
I'll give it a shot.

Anyway: update may come soon(i have to acquire "something") as well.

EDIT: Alright, i just completed that map. You have to scout further the area. Check if you turned left at the very beginning, or took the small cave at the left of the defeated slimes. Scout every corner of the map, kill everyone on sight and you'll make it(i just did it now, i said).

Level 2
To chase the fox

Hi, well i dont feel like playing that level again , its too long and i want to get on with the next map, can i get a saved game from you , please?
;-)

p.s. I havent played the humans camp as yet so i hope that is good too ;)

Attachments

• 07072010046.jpg
    07072010046.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 375
Level 2
Just tried this, it's good and all, but I think you went a little bit too far in trying to simply port the entire game to Wc3, I would have preferred to see the WC1 campaign in WC3 instead of the WC1 campaign in a WC1 version of WC3 :p

And when I saw you willingly made it so that you could only select 4 people at once I just quit immediately, sorry, WC1 was extremely technically limited and you should take advantage of what WC3 can do, the lore doesn't say that the entire world was flat for example.

Also, I noticed you raised the collection rate and resource costs tenfold, but did not raise the gold mine gold amount, so if you were to build 3 peons in the first mission you can't finish without expanding (if there is another gold mine somewhere)

Oh and there are -a lot- of spelling errors which kinda break the experience :S

You should probably just use the original mission names as well

But I can definitely see you've put a lot of effort into this and there are a lot of great things about this and for that I will +rep you, just at the very least please remove the 4-unit group limit :(

(And off-topic, what's the deal about Imre's shirt xP)

Level 20
Just tried this, it's good and all, but I think you went a little bit too far in trying to simply port the entire game to Wc3, I would have preferred to see the WC1 campaign in WC3 instead of the WC1 campaign in a WC1 version of WC3 :p

And when I saw you willingly made it so that you could only select 4 people at once I just quit immediately, sorry, WC1 was extremely technically limited and you should take advantage of what WC3 can do, the lore doesn't say that the entire world was flat for example.

Also, I noticed you raised the collection rate and resource costs tenfold, but did not raise the gold mine gold amount, so if you were to build 3 peons in the first mission you can't finish without expanding (if there is another gold mine somewhere)

Oh and there are -a lot- of spelling errors which kinda break the experience :S

You should probably just use the original mission names as well

But I can definitely see you've put a lot of effort into this and there are a lot of great things about this and for that I will +rep you, just at the very least please remove the 4-unit group limit :(

(And off-topic, what's the deal about Imre's shirt xP)

4 unit limit is a topic we discussed many times in these pages and in those of the other "human" thread. Imagine how would be simple to manage your defences or attacks with 12 units per team, while the AI remains stuck with the 4 unit limit. It would be too easy. At least you can still number your teams. This allows also to recreate the strats you used for the first wc. The gold in the mines is the same as every gold mine in wc1. It is possible to win the first ones even without the need of an expansion. Just a bit of patience.
I thank you for playing my proj and heartly for be one of the few guys who give me +rep also. Really, thank you.

P.S. What's wrong with spelling(do you mean the dialogue between Turok and Griselda? That's low-intellingence ogre's analphabetism, y'know.)? I preferred to give a personal touch on missions' titles, to give them more feeling about what's next.
As i said many times, wc1 didn't give any sensation of terrain irregularity, hence i kept it as it is, adding just some stuff on the maps like bushes, fog or rain.

P.P.S I said however that i may update, but i need wc1 buildings first(among other things i already have) and Supertoinkz' wall-placing method.

P.P.P.S I have no idea about that shirt Oo

Last edited:
Level 2
Sorry, heck, i forgot to explain this one! :D

YOU CAN ONLY SELECT 4 UNITS AT ONCE, JUST LIKE THE ORGINAL WARCRAFT 1!

The reason is that AI strikes are(and were) at a maximum of 4 units per wave(magicians excluded), and you would be too overpowered commanding a 12 units group when you attack or defend, so here you are. ANYWAY, you can still give number to groups, and that's still overpowers you(expecially in the 4th human mission). More to come! I'm currently uploading the human campaign. Thanks for your early comments(and downloads!!!)!! I'll be in touch. Feel free to say ANYTHING you guys wish. ;)

WHY ONLY 4 MAN!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?
Cmon can we make the selection like on warcraft 3 and we can make buildings beyond starting point

Level 2
What's the meaning of the shirt?

...and no, i can't give you my save game(it is useless to save game in that stage!! Plus, either if i give you my save-game, you would have all the maps unlocked). The map isn't long at all! There are map in the later game that get beyond that "longness"!
Hi, im a bit lost here, i havent played WC3 for some time but i wanted to continue so i have resumed- I have played a campaign i think it is and it has a map in it called SHAKEDOWN - the game just hangs or doesn't end once i complete it. What is this campaign called so i can download it again - might have been corrupt file or not completed as yet?I have completed all the quests and optional quests.
Please can somebody point me in the right direction.

Level 20
Hi, im a bit lost here, i havent played WC3 for some time but i wanted to continue so i have resumed- I have played a campaign i think it is and it has a map in it called SHAKEDOWN - the game just hangs or doesn't end once i complete it. What is this campaign called so i can download it again - might have been corrupt file or not completed as yet?I have completed all the quests and optional quests.

no idea what you're talking about.

Level 4
hard to understand but you can just re download it from the main page, and should save in under your warcraft 3 folder in campaigns. The default name should be warcraft orcs and humans: orcs or warcraft1: orcs or something very close to those hope this helps :)

Level 4
Incredibly awesome! Also incredibly hard. Even after assigning units to groups I found myself sending wave after wave of orcs. Especially in the final mission. I finally just used cheats about halfway through level 3. I assume thats just because thats how hard Warcraft one was.

5/5 easily.

Level 1
This is a pretty cool campaign although I have a few complaints:

1. I think the orcs are way too underpowered. I'm barely able to hold my own against enemies when my troops have about 20 hitpoints less (somewhere around that amount) than the humans.

2.The fact that I can only select 4 units at a time is a bit of a bother (I learn to make do though), especially in missions where I'm supposed to control a large amount of troops at once, or when I'm trying to select troops when they are bunched in an area close together. I understand that you were trying to replicate WC1 but it can get in the way sometimes.

3.Some of the moments in a few of the missions are ridiculously difficult. For instance in the 4th mission all the Slime monsters together PLUS the ogres you have to fight afterwards is near impossible. And in the last mission the 2 dozen or so knights you have placed in front of Stormwind Keep can be a pain.

4.On the last mission I noticed that human units keeps spawning within my base.

Besides these few problems I really did enjoy the campaign. I had a lot of fun playing it and hope you can make more like this. Keep up the good work! :]

And also the orc models you used were FANTASTIC!!! Could you probably post those unit models or tell me where to get them? They would go great with a map I'm working on currently.

Level 1
As for the knights, I believe that might have been something you didn't set on purpose, because as I played through the other campaign I noticed the same thing would happen with the AI. Sometimes the AI moves troops into one select location where they pile up on top of each other, which you probably shouldn't worry about because it didn't happen often and it adds a little more tasteful difficulty.

With the part about them spawning in my base, I had some knights and archers (2-3 at a time) spawn inside the walls of my base on the last mission. This continued for about 10 minutes, but then as I progressed through the mission and destroyed a few squads and some of the human buildings it eventually ceased. It didn't cause a huge problem, but it was a bit of a hassle for me to have all of my troops away from my base then have to retreat back to the base to fight them off.

Level 20
With the part about them spawning in my base, I had some knights and archers (2-3 at a time) spawn inside the walls of my base on the last mission. This continued for about 10 minutes, but then as I progressed through the mission and destroyed a few squads and some of the human buildings it eventually ceased. It didn't cause a huge problem, but it was a bit of a hassle for me to have all of my troops away from my base then have to retreat back to the base to fight them off.

aaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww :D now i understand!! There's nothing buggy. It's JUST like WC1! xD Clerics use "invisibility" on random single units that transit nearby, going to attack your base. When they arrive they simply "spawn" because the invisibility vanishes after the unit strikes! :D I loved and love my proj for this: it's exactly like wc1 all over again! ^^

Level 1
Well, let's say you discovered half of the BBB but it's something similar.
Summon Daemons it DOES summon Daemons. At least no one but you reported about that. There's something else behind.

I also experienced the summon Daemon bug.

In campaign mission 11, which I got to legitimately (very difficult campaign), the Warlock's summon Daemon spell summons 2 spiders and costs 60 mana.

I was like this when I saw it :goblin_wtf:

Because that mission is so difficult. The humans send waves of knights, catapults, and water elements constantly within the first five minutes. Without Daemons I don't know how to complete the mission without using cheats.

PS, on mission 12, the Warlock you are given at the beginning can successfully summon a Daemon....however, all subsequent Warlocks trained at the Tower spawn 2 spiders instead and cannot summon Daemons. The problem seems to be related to training the Warlocks, as the spawned Warlocks provided at the start of the mission seem to work as intended.

On another point, though, the campaign is nearly a flawless port and contains all the original text from the original plus very similar stats to the original game. :goblin_good_job:

I have to make some complaints, however.

A) the Conjurer's "rain of fire" spell decimates literally the entire group of peons at a gold mine. One second into the cast can cost up to 2500 gold if you are not anticipating the spell cast and carefully micromanaging your peons.

B) in the original Warcraft 1, Spearmen had less range than Archers but did more damage per shot. In your campaign, Spearmen have slightly more range (825 versus 800) but do the same damage per shot...this is not exactly in the spirit of the original game.

C) on another point the health and damage values of almost all of the units have been altered, and they do not always keep the same ratios relative to one another.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Warcraft:_Orcs_&_Humans_units

Compared to the above list, as an example, knights have 200 life in your campaign and deal 17-18 damage. In the original Warcraft O&H, knights had 90 life and dealt 1-13 damage. Water elementals and Daemons for some reason have the same life as in the original game, whereas knights have over double the life they have in the original game. Again, this is not in the spirit of the original game.

D) armor does not seem to work the same way as in the original game. In the Warcraft 3 engine, armor mitigates damage taken by a set percentage, e.g. 11% damage reduction, whereas in Warcraft 1, IIRC, it reduces damage taken by a set number equal to the armor value. This leads to some unusual circumstances. For instance, a fully upgraded spearmen has almost as much armor as a Raider (5 versus 7), whereas in the original O&H game, the Raider had 7 versus 3 armor, and it was significantly more effective due to it being a simple arithmetical formula. More tweaking is necessary IMO to make this game more accurately reflect the per-unit differences of the original Warcraft O&H camp.

Altogether, though, this campaign was a *shock* to me. I was stunned at the attention to detail, the quality of the skins and the maps, and the fact that you made *two* whole campaigns. I never would have expected anything like this. This is a labor of love and a blessing to retro Warcraft fans.

I'm very happy you made this :grin:

But I still think I'm going to go back and play the original games to completion.

PS, the final campaign mission 12's victory trigger is bugged. I completed the single main quest (destroy stormwind and all humans) and it isn't triggering the campaign victory : /

Last edited:
Level 20
Shocked by your accurate review! :D
I came to know only after i finished this that spearmen and archers got differences in damage & range. Always thought the two factions were a perfect mirror of each other.
I could not do anything about Rain of Fire and Cloud of poison. I know they both hit random targets in a different way but i couldn't manage to recreate that in the remake.
For the mission 11: mmm i played to it in the first time and the summon daemon seemed to work nicely. Maybe you have to wait till the full mana level? Dunno. :/
Anyway scout ahead and stop the conjurers before they rain down or keep the peons out of the mine path if you cannot stop conjs in time: is the only way.
Couldn't do anything nor for this bug, nor for the "AI non-deadrising" in human camp. :'(
As for armor and stats, i simply did that without knowing the exact original stats, so for the various upgrades.
Been looking since long time for an update, but i miss some things, aside of an efficent wall-placing via town hall.
As for the last mission: i'm aware of that. I tried but couldn't do nothing about. :/

Again, thank you for the good feedbacks, critics, and review.

Level 2
Grats! I like it very much. Nostalgia!!! Whatsoever, I played 'till the mission 5, then I saved and exit. I played another campaign and I made a mistake saving on the same shit. But, no problem, I told myself. In the custom Campaign on your campaign I can see only the Instroduction and mission 1, why? Oh, I need to play those level again...
Sorry for bad english

Level 20
Grats! I like it very much. Nostalgia!!! Whatsoever, I played 'till the mission 5, then I saved and exit. I played another campaign and I made a mistake saving on the same shit. But, no problem, I told myself. In the custom Campaign on your campaign I can see only the Instroduction and mission 1, why? Oh, I need to play those level again...
Sorry for bad english

dw, you were clear.
Same thing happened to several people and perhaps people which finished it with codes just to see it all through didn't noticed. Damn, i wonder why. Maybe i should really fix this among other stuffs and update the whole thing.

EDIT: I just checked it out and there seems to be no problem in the trigger scripts. :/ dunno what to say 2 u.

Last edited:
Level 2
dw, you were clear.
Same thing happened to several people and perhaps people which finished it with codes just to see it all through didn't noticed. Damn, i wonder why. Maybe i should really fix this among other stuffs and update the whole thing.

EDIT: I just checked it out and there seems to be no problem in the trigger scripts. :/ dunno what to say 2 u.

Whatever. I hate cheats, so I didn't use no code. Now I'm playin' again, am at mission 6, but when i look in custom campaign, there still the first missions like i said before. I hope u understood what i said. :vw_unimpressed:

Level 20
Whatever. I hate cheats, so I didn't use no code. Now I'm playin' again, am at mission 6, but when i look in custom campaign, there still the first missions like i said before. I hope u understood what i said. :vw_unimpressed:

Yes i do and i told you nothing seems wrong in the trigger editor. If you can fix it by yourself be my guest. :) Anyway you'd better save game every mission you start.
Don't tell me you went back into campaign screen again without saving!

Reactions: HFR
Level 2
only 4 units at a time sounds slightly unbearable otherwise I would be interested.

Level 20
4 unit limit is a topic we discussed many times in these pages and in those of the other "human" thread. Imagine how would be simple to manage your defences or attacks with 12 units per team, while the AI remains stuck with the 4 unit limit. It would be too easy. At least you can still number your teams. This allows also to recreate the strats you used for the first wc. The gold in the mines is the same as every gold mine in wc1. It is possible to win the first ones even without the need of an expansion. Just a bit of patience.

Level 3
Hmm how to pass 3rd mission...it's too hard
humans have archers since start so even if u make spearmen and upg them comp will alrdy have twice upged archers and will send units at u to pwn u.

Level 1
When I quit a mission it says I can only play the first mission and it dose not show any of the other missions. Can you fix it.