• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III: Reforged PTR – Version 1.33.0.19010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
  • Camera Zoom option is now added into the game.
    • Players can now update their zoom through their wheel up or wheel down or using PGUP and PGDN on the keyboard.
  • New slider option in the game menu which will set your camera height at the start of the game. Players also have the option to adjust it higher
This is the only useful addition IMO! also the current functionality of wheel up/down and PGUP/PGDN is gonna be permanently removed?

Although useless I kinda like it to be able to zoom like this:
Warcraft_III_AAKn6Xx3yA.jpg

Level 13
It would have been nice for them to implement the free camera someone made with MemoryHack about half a decade ago. Iirc, you could hold do ctrl+right mouse+drag to rotate, and ctrl+mousewheel to change camera distance. It was pretty great.

Level 18
It would have been nice for them to implement the free camera someone made with MemoryHack about half a decade ago. Iirc, you could hold do ctrl+right mouse+drag to rotate, and ctrl+mousewheel to change camera distance. It was pretty great.
this is already in the game you can use the insert and delete keys to rotate, and in the ptr they added zooming out (and in)

Level 28
  • Camera Zoom option is now added into the game.
    • Players can now update their zoom through their wheel up or wheel down or using PGUP and PGDN on the keyboard.
  • New slider option in the game menu which will set your camera height at the start of the game. Players also have the option to adjust it higher
This is the only useful addition IMO! also the current functionality of wheel up/down and PGUP/PGDN is gonna be permanently removed?

Although useless I kinda like it to be able to zoom like this:
View attachment 404179
Its still there. When you zoom in you can zoom in close to the character. Whe you zoom out the camera goes up much higher

Level 7
I think Blizzard should revise and rebuild the buggy Bnet client that always pops up the tip box showing an requesting error, even though map is being loaded.

EDIT: I think the Bnet client should handle that requesting error automatically. There's no need to pop up a tip box to the users.

Last edited:
Level 17
When will the patch be released? When is the internal testing done? Does god exist? Is this hell and are we punished by waiting years for patches? Will my life be reforged and can I refund it? So many questions.
Does releasing equal happiness, or is it the expectations we have of a release that keep you happy?
We get a slice of randomness served on a platter made of chaos, and yesterday the dinner was delicious:
19089 Patch Notes

Level 17
Many thanks for the "patch notes". I assume with the PTR being down and no official patch notes published we're not yet supposed to know this yet. Fingers crossed that means they've got more cooking in the stew before they announce anything officially.
You can still play the PTR offline, just click on the login button (both times if the popup appears twice) then on the play offline button

Level 24
You can still play the PTR offline, just click on the login button (both times if the popup appears twice) then on the play offline button
I know, and I did. I more meant that the official communication is that the PTR is currently not running (although we technically can access it), along with the fact that there's no official patch notes when that was always posted almost immediately after PTR updates might imply this was not it in terms of coming updates before the next official communcation.

Anyway, it's just hopeful speculation from my side. Thanks again for keeping us posted.

Level 25
I think any updates are welcome but yes I hope that it won't make the game worse which might be the case but at least releasing this patch might lead to more patches afterwards. The changes in this patch are really not important anymore due to wc3champions and zooming cameras etc. do exist in must fun maps. They ignore the custom maps community but if they won't release this one, nothing will ever happen, so

Level 28
Is betting allowed on THW? I'd like one for if mappers will have to refactor swathes of code after each new patch!
I'm not very familiar with 1.32+, but before that that was barely necessary. Biggest change for me was in 1.31 when leaks suddenly caused a black screen, but the changes I had to make led to an overall better performance.

Level 13
I'm not very familiar with 1.32+, but before that that was barely necessary.
Swapping of the roll/pitch/yaw functs were one, the order IDs another, after one of the patches flare-based abilities were removed after you used the last charge, maybe another 20 things from the patches since 2016. But if you don't use about every feature of the game's engine, most of them changing probably caused no issues for you.

Level 11
Jungle Trolls Reborn gets error messages when loaded with this version and cannot be saved with it.
I lost a few hours of work because of that.
So I guess that if I want to continue working on the map, my options are the following:

A. Install/Somehow revert to an older version.
B. Wait for them to fix it some sunny day.

Is that it?
Or do you know any better solution?

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 24
Level 17
Jungle Trolls Reborn gets error messages when loaded with this version and cannot be saved with it.
I lost a few hours of work because of that.
So I guess that if I want to continue working on the map, my options are the following:

A. Install/Somehow revert to an older version.
B. Wait for them to fix it some sunny day.

Is that it?
Or do you know any better solution?
The netsafe warning doesn't influence anything, but those fails are problematic. Are you intentionally leaving any file paths blank or anything? Also, what error do you get upon saving?
Make sure your JassHelper is enabled if you were using vJass, then save the map without any changes first to update to 1.33 object data, then see if anything broke. Don't make changes before testing it still works on a patch.
Quests with empty descriptions will crash when opening them in the F9 screen BTW.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
The netsafe warning doesn't influence anything, but those fails are problematic. Are you intentionally leaving any file paths blank or anything? Also, what error do you get upon saving?
Make sure your JassHelper is enabled if you were using vJass, then save the map without any changes first to update to 1.33 object data, then see if anything broke. Don't make changes before testing it still works on a patch.
Quests with empty descriptions will crash when opening them in the F9 screen BTW.
@gadina_prokleta They disabled vjass by default, knuckleheads.

Level 11
Okay, thank you guys for the advice. I am trying to follow it, but I am not sure it helps.
Please be patient and help me find a solution.

1. I am pretty sure that JassHelper is enabled and it works by default. I already tried loading the map and saving it with no changes - to no avail.

2. I can't do much about vJass - the map was created back in 2006 and a lot of different tools have been used to work on it, including NewGen WE.

3. A lot of people have helped me solve problems with it over the years, and worked on the map presenting all kinds of technical solutions. Some are smart, others not so much. The code is complex and far from optimized. And of all those people, I am the one with the lowest level of technical skill.
However, I am the one who kept the thing running and being improved for all these years... Someone had to.
So if you mean me as the ignorant person, I completely agree - I don't really have the time to dedicate to learning Jass and vJass. I'm a designer, not a dev, and that's that.
However, if you meant Blizzard's devs, I couldn't agree more :D

4. So, back to the question: what is my best course of action? I'm looking for an advice.
  • A. Wait and hope that Blizzard will provide some compatibility patch?
  • B. Try to use older version of Warcraft 3?
  • C. Look for someone more competent than myself to rework whatever this version of editor is unhappy with?

Level 24
You don't have to learn vJass to check this:
1661071328133.png

If you opened the map in 1.33 WE and didn't check the above, then I can guarantee you JassHelper is not on and every one of your triggers containing vJass will fail to compile.

Edit: I've honestly explained this to enough people the last few days who insist their maps are "broken" that maybe it would be useful if THW could try to use its reach to inform people about this?

Last edited:
Level 11
God, I'm blind.
Waking up slowly today, I guess.
Thank you!

In my defense, I remember that every time I saved the game, I saw something about JassHelper checking it - and so I assumed it was on.

Anyway, with JassHelper turned manually on, I managed to save the map. I can only hope nothing is broken, but there is no way to manually check all those triggers. I still get the new netsafe errors, but I guess I can live with that.

Thank you once again!

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
However, if you meant Blizzard's devs, I couldn't agree more :D
My friend, it's always them and the trollish moves.

Also, one of my maps became kind of slightly broke on patch 1.32, I can't remove these nonsensical things permanently, they just show up when I open the map on world editor again.

Attachments

• nonsense1.png
    nonsense1.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 25
  • nonsense2.png
    nonsense2.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 25
Level 17
My friend, it's always them and the trollish moves.

Also, one of my maps became kind of slightly broke on patch 1.32, I can't remove these nonsensical things permanently, they just show up when I open the map on world editor again.
Those come from having problems in the wtg file, they are completely empty triggers or variables made with fallback settings as there is no valid data for them to load. When the wtg files break is not yet documented afaik.

Level 13
I have a dream today. I have a dream that one day every update shall be not required to fun the f*cking game, every memory struct and patch shall be made available, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Engine shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.
mlk-i-have-a-dream-speech-gettyimages-80751921.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.