• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft dies when....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Those two (SCII and Diablo) is online game. WarcraftIII can playable on offline.
So? No... Coz there is no other game that have good gameplay like Warcraft. Then, Warcraft is more creative than SC or Diablo coz it have a world editor..

Level 24
I think...
care.jpg

Warcraft will die when the modders and players move on to real life or another game. So if you dont want the game to die, keep playing it. Anyways, there is no point in these kinds of threads at all, just creates unnecessary drama for the drama llama to feed upon.

Level 8
I'll get Starcraft II and Diablo III and I'll play them, but Warcraft III is special in my heart, and so it will never die. And after all, not everyone who plays Warcraft III cares about the other two universes.

Level 12
WC3 won't die, people can play more then one game you know, plus both are 2 totally different themes, some like futuristic, some like old school medieval theme

Level 2
warcraft lll will only die when warcraft IV is here, where the story takes its path...until it im sure it wont

Level 12
Can't be too sure of that, because we don't know how they will bring it to us, some will still play old school wc3, when we get wc4 gets out, its already logic and common sense it will have good graphics, Most likely as good as SC2 or better, by then, the majourity of computers will likely be at CoD 3 level of specs. We will likely not see WC4 or even announce its making for another 4+ years

Level 12
People who think wc4 won't be out is just plain ignorant and have no idea what there talking about. Unless Blizzard specifically says there won't be one, there will always be another. More then likely there will be a diablo 4 too, a starcraft 3, a Wow 2, and 3. Likely other spin offs too. Just because something else came out with the same theme doesnt mean they won't continue it.

Level 18
I used to never see people on bnet on wc2, till I figured out Wc2 didnt like my internet connection and cut me off =P. So before wc3 I'd make all these awesome campaigns, they're gone now cause my old Mac I used to use (with all the original blizzard games) exploded from a leak. (Macs suck!)

Level 2
Well if warcraft IV have bnet like this one then that can be true.. but until it nothing will happen so close the threat its enought :(

Level 12
Well if warcraft IV have bnet like this one then that can be true.. but until it nothing will happen so close the threat its enought :(

Like? Dude...BLizzard isn't going to make good B.net for wc3 and shitty one for wc4... They said the battle.net features would be better

Also it release not realise...Also starcraft 1 won't die, because there will still be ignorant pple that will say sc1 is better for some unknown ignorant reason. People will still play wc3 when wc4 comes out, just not that many! =P

Also none of blizzards current games will be played 100 years by now, by then, every computer will have 40GB ram, 2kGB space, and so on, and won't play low tech games, infact they prob will never even see it ever by then, Hell Blizzard might not be around, HELL we might all be dead by then from some nuclear war.

Anyway, about 1/5 of "Old" games are played, while the majourity play the new games, very few old games are played, online anyway, even in SP, the older C&C games, warcraft 1&2 are examples. 10 years, maybe, but past that? No

Level 36
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Presently Blizzard makes over 150 million dollars a month from WoW alone. You think they're going to give that up? Not a chance. Not a chance in hell. Everquest is still subscription, and so will WoW be.

Also, a WoW 2 is almost definite. Who's to say that this new MMO isn't WoW 2? WoW is getting old, it's already been around for 4 years now, Blizzard will more-than-likely replace it to sate their rabid userbase.

Level 12
punwisp, lol u got some crazy ideas, there will be no WOW 2, lol that was a good joke, dont count on Diablo 4, or starcraft 3, Blizzard started making a new MMORPG and will make WOW free when they make the game.

Tell me, did they say they "weren't going to make any of these sequels? Or are you using ignorance(No offense) on your statement. WoW has made millions of dollars, fat chance they will ever make WoW free, if a WoW 2 is made(Which they will) More then likely they would make it after Warcraft 4, it would only make sense, because of the difference in lore. A MMO starcraft is VERY VERY possible, the whole theme is perfect, and can make the same or even more then WoW, and subscribers. Because of the 3 races, and the different classes, planets, etc. It is very possible to turn it into a MMO, and split the franchise into a MMO and RTS. Diablo is already a RPG, I'm not sure how well it would do as a mmo.

There are some moments where even if they decide to stop and announce it, that so many fans would bug them into making another, or giving rights to another company, which WONT happen. They only have 3 franchises, and 1 sub franchise of warcraft(WoW). They will always make sequels, More then likely Starcraft is next up to become a MMO, starcraft 2 might be the backbone for the story that leads to the mmo.

Level 5
hmm... Oziris, StarCraft has a Campaign editor, its similar to World editor so you are just inexperienced in starcraft, I made 89 starcraft maps and 71 WarCraft III maps, not including the other Enfos map, that was acctually mmy friends and he named it after me, Im really pissed off at Battle_Dragon. I officially banned him from my firends list. Im not sure if he still plays Warcraft III anymore.

hmm... Oziris, StarCraft has a Campaign editor, its similar to World editor so you are just inexperienced in starcraft, I made 89 starcraft maps and 71 WarCraft III maps, not including the other Enfos map, that was acctually mmy friends and he named it after me, Im really pissed off at Battle_Dragon. I officially banned him from my firends list. Im not sure if he still plays Warcraft III anymore.

Okay, sir. You are OFFICIALLY A MORON. Not only you claim you made 160 maps (which is ridiculous, or even if you did, they'd be utterly low quality), you are also dissing Burning_Dragon, who is a respected member of the site. Also, you fail at typing, have neg rep, and infractions. Need I say more?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
Happytauren, your over reacting, he doesn't need a neg or anything, if you disagree with him then say it, don't bash him and neg rep him. Just because burning is a respected member doesn't mean everyone should like him or respect him, He has his opinions, you can't change that. He may or may not have made that many maps(How do you know? Besides assuming) They don't have to be great quality.

Level 6
I doubt WarCraft will die anytime soon, but WarCraft 3 will maybe lose a big part of its users when WarCraft 4 comes out. Probably not all though, I think it will still be played quite a bit.

Level 7
Don't call people ignorant for doubting the release of WCIV, you're ignorant for thinking there will be one. WoW ended ever chance of WCIV, deal with it, as much as you want to deny it, the fact is WoW changed azeroth to the point it would be to hard to make another warcraft. Sure, some say that if WCIV were to come out it would take place as if WoW never happened, but blizzard simply doesn't work like that, and it would confuse alot of people who play WoW but not normal warcraft.

SC2 will kill WC3. Why? Well people predicted WoW would kill wc3, this was a stupid prediction as WoW is a different genre of game then WC3 and thus, would have no effect on it. SC2 is nearly identical to WC, same playing style, just enhanced graphics and a better editor. Thus, WC3 players have no reason to play WC3 as there is a superior game out there serving as competition.

That all :p

Level 36
Don't call people ignorant for doubting the release of WCIV, you're ignorant for thinking there will be one. WoW ended ever chance of WCIV, deal with it, as much as you want to deny it, the fact is WoW changed azeroth to the point it would be to hard to make another warcraft. Sure, some say that if WCIV were to come out it would take place as if WoW never happened, but blizzard simply doesn't work like that, and it would confuse alot of people who play WoW but not normal warcraft.

SC2 will kill WC3. Why? Well people predicted WoW would kill wc3, this was a stupid prediction as WoW is a different genre of game then WC3 and thus, would have no effect on it. SC2 is nearly identical to WC, same playing style, just enhanced graphics and a better editor. Thus, WC3 players have no reason to play WC3 as there is a superior game out there serving as competition.

HT is completely right, again. Blizzard devs let slip at Blizzcon that a WcIV was in the works or planned for the future. They're probably going to retcon everything that happened in WoW and start things from the end of TFT.

Level 12

I'm ignorant? Apparantly your not understanding what I said, when EVER did blizzard EVER say or imply WC4 wont happen? Or WoW replaced the entire RTS franchise? When? Never did they ever say that... Apparantly you know little of gaming companies, very little. Yes WoW made millions... So what? That doesnt mean there wont be a wc4, unless you give a very good convincing argument, mine still stands. They never implied Wc3 was the end of the RTS, all that happend was it got split into 2 genres, look at halo, went from FPS and then split into 2 genres, a RTS.

Also your concept of same gameplay is quite inaccurate, actually its wrong. Both play very differently, there the same genre yes, but play very differently.

Warcraft is micro management(small armies and heroes) While Starcraft is large armies and no heroes, don't tell me there the same.

I get really tired of people saying there won't be a warcraft 4... Why? What makes you think that? Just because it split off into another genre doesn't mean the RTS is done, exactly what you said was ignorance, including how you put it. They have hinted and implied in many reviews Warcraft 4 will most likely be the next game on there list after there current batch of WoW, SC2, and D3.

If you think there won't be a wc4 then I dont think they will never have a WoW 2, even though they will.

If its popular, and makes money, they will continue, just with its popularity makes money, so what if it doesnt make millions off of subscriptions. People try making a argument because it wont make as much and only how many of it is bought they won't make it. Well i guess then they shouldn't make SC2 or D3, Same concept. I personally never thought they would make a Diablo 3, unless the basic "diablo" theme was changed. But hey, I was wrong and its in the works.

The Warcraft RTS has as big as a fan base or bigger then Starcraft. Give me one real good reason they wouldn't make it, WoW has nothing to do with it, so don't even bother mentioning that.

Anyway, HT why aren't you a mod anymore? Abuse powers?

Level 7
I'm ignorant? Apparantly your not understanding what I said, when EVER did blizzard EVER say or imply WC4 wont happen? Or WoW replaced the entire RTS franchise? When? Never did they ever say that... Apparantly you know little of gaming companies, very little. Yes WoW made millions... So what? That doesnt mean there wont be a wc4, unless you give a very good convincing argument, mine still stands. They never implied Wc3 was the end of the RTS, all that happend was it got split into 2 genres, look at halo, went from FPS and then split into 2 genres, a RTS.Also your concept of same gameplay is quite inaccurate, actually its wrong. Both play very differently, there the same genre yes, but play very differently.Warcraft is micro management(small armies and heroes) While Starcraft is large armies and no heroes, don't tell me there the same.I get really tired of people saying there won't be a warcraft 4... Why? What makes you think that? Just because it split off into another genre doesn't mean the RTS is done, exactly what you said was ignorance, including how you put it. They have hinted and implied in many reviews Warcraft 4 will most likely be the next game on there list after there current batch of WoW, SC2, and D3.If you think there won't be a wc4 then I dont think they will never have a WoW 2, even though they will.If its popular, and makes money, they will continue, just with its popularity makes money, so what if it doesnt make millions off of subscriptions. People try making a argument because it wont make as much and only how many of it is bought they won't make it. Well i guess then they shouldn't make SC2 or D3, Same concept. I personally never thought they would make a Diablo 3, unless the basic "diablo" theme was changed. But hey, I was wrong and its in the works.The Warcraft RTS has as big as a fan base or bigger then Starcraft. Give me one real good reason they wouldn't make it, WoW has nothing to do with it, so don't even bother mentioning that.Anyway, HT why aren't you a mod anymore? Abuse powers?

Pshh who the fuck cares if a blizzard employee slipped that they had a WCIV concept brewing... You all remeber Starcraft Ghost? They had that game nearly finished and then scrapped it. WCIV is like... Barely in development... I'm still more then positive it won't come out. But like you touched on with the diablo thing, that's just my opinion... Also I'll give you a better argument on why it won't get made, as you requested.
You said that it's stupid to think Blizzard won't make WCIV because it won't make as much money as WoW. Well clearly blizzard doesn't give a fuck about there lore as they displayed in WoW, they care about making money. So why would they devote there time to making a game souley to expand on the lore that they so clearly don't care about, when they could be making another WoW expansion that would make them LOADS of money.
Also I don't mine you call me ignorant as I called you the same. But don't tell me I know nothing about blizzard. I love there games and have been a fan of theres for along time. I'm no expert but I'm not and idiot.
Also SC was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more popular then wc until wc3 came out. And you're right about the differences between gameplay, but honestly, an RTS is an RTS. Just like an mmorpg is an mmorpg and a FPS is a FPS.
Also you're weakest argument was: 'they never said WCIV wont come out so that means it will!'. Way to optimistic dude. That's like saying 'blizzard never said they wouldn't cure cancer so that means they will!'. Don't expect blizzard to out right say there will never be a WCIV.

Level 34
HT is completely right, again. Blizzard devs let slip at Blizzcon that a WcIV was in the works or planned for the future. They're probably going to retcon everything that happened in WoW and start things from the end of TFT.
Unless they think it's funny to torture nerds and they aren't actually making it.

Level 7
SC Ghost wasn't being developed by Blizzard you fucking retard.

YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.

Yah I just looked it up, you're right. But you can see how I would assume it was made by Blizzard as Blizzard had never in the past let a company make a game based on there game. Also you're a jackass... Notice how others are able to respond prudently without random flaming? Why can't you do the same you're a mod... Jeez...

Status
Not open for further replies.