• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is There A Way We Could Get More Players?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I hope you people wouldn't mind me asking this, but:

It is true, Warcraft III will not die out(And I don't want it to), in fact it might even live on longer than Starcraft II.

However, I'm quite worried about its population recently, like, people are being bought over to Starcraft II by shiny graphics and neat looking space, is there any way for a single individual like me to attract more people back (Or maybe introduce new people from elsewhere or other games) to Warcraft III?

If there is, please do tell me because I wouldn't want to see a neat Blizzard made game losing players so badly, after they've even made three sequels to it...

The current condition of Warcraft III seems a bit bleak at the moment, considering that I see Host Bots overwhelming Battle.net with no players in it at all, less variety of games being hosted, more people leaving or hacking in games and the fact that many of them are also in Garena (Now I think I'm a bit concerned about Battle.net too).

So, for the convenience of some of our viewers who might be too lazy to read, here's a little summary:)

- How do you attract more Players to Warcraft III or Battle.net as an individual? (Meaning to do it by yourself)

- Is there a method to have it so that Blizzard, Garena (All games in it), Battle.net (All of it), Warcraft (All of it including World of Warcraft), Starcraft (All of it) and Diablo (All of it) would all be able to benefit with Players and their game experience? (Meaning having a Win-Win situation to everyone)

Thank you everyone!

PS: I've got gotten well from having Chickenpox and I'd thought that writing a long text would get me back into myself again:)

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Im sorry, this post is a month too early, SC2 is comming out next month so WC3 still has a lot of future SC2 players playing it cause the beta is offline at the moment.

You could easilly boost battlenet server population by a few thousand by running DoS attacks on the diharea or whatever its called illegal WAN networks people are running forcing them to come back to battlenet like they should. But wait, most people on those servers are banned/pirates so they can not play on battlenet anyway and those which can really have no reason to not be playing on battlenet so this idea seems a dead end.

The whole problem is WC3 is completly exausted. A lot of map makers stopped developing for WC3 after finding other games to use (SC2 even). Additionally players like me have exausted almost all the fun from battlenet games due to playing for 6 years. When I look at a WC3 map I litterally break down the trigger coding in my head as I play so nothing suprises me, even a full screen inventory system makes me yawn cause its happened so often.

I could argue also that WC3 has partly drained the future release title SC2 of life already due to it performing a lot of ideas that SC2 will but the fact that SC2 can do more than WC3 and that SC2 looks better than WC3 will hopefully make up for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.