• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for Warcraft III Players (Normal & Custom)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hi everyone.

Since I'm still lurking around on this website I was wondering if anyone else here is interested in playing normal & custom games (oh yes, I am aware of the weekly event list but this is outside the topic).

I'm searching for players who are still into the game since I want to start playing again in an active way. Some people asked for Garena, but that isn't too interesting when it comes down to wins (I prefer to play on battle.net to unlock portraits).

I reside on Europe (Northrend).
Let me know if you are up for some old-school gaming and perhaps soon, we'll be playing :).

List of players

JokeMaster:
• Mainly gateway = Northrend
• Battle.net Account: JokeMaster
• Garena Account : JokeMaster ( monstercat in avatar)

jcarrill0
• Main gateway = Lordaeron
• Battle.net Account: JCarrill0

kevlamin
• Main gateway = USWest
• Battle.net Account: Argamoroth
• Garena Account: Argamoroth

Xarwin
• Main gateway = Northrend
• Battle.net Account: WG.XaR
• Garena Account: Xarwin (I think :D)

GhostThruster
•Main gateway = Lordaeron
• Battle.net: analbumcoverx
• Garena Account: GhostThruster

Kyrbi0
• Battle.net: Kyrbi0 or Triumvirate

Neoken
• Garena Account: Neoken2

Yan
• Main Gateway = Northrend
• Battle.net: MortMan
• Garena Account: NCYan

Last edited:
Level 19
Hello,

sounds cool!
Well I suggested Northrend for now.But you both play on a different realm so I'm curious if it there would be a server which would work in all of our interests.
I suppose not, perhaps we can see into lag problems and search for some kind of fix?

Also, JCarrill0, would you join on northrend?

I am gathering more people to play and the amount is counting up so that's cool.
Let me know about the realm or add me in game (WG.XaR @ Northrend).
You can also PM me here or meet me at teamspeak (PM me for the IP).

Cheers.

Level 1
Hey, My name is proohumaan in Warcraft 3.
We are playing only fun-games.
My Clan is Clan XRaY (@Europe)
If you are interested, you can come to our Clan :)

Level 19
Okay, let's list this up.

Please respond below this message with the following information:

- Your current gateway you play at;
- Your username at that gateway;
- Your Garena name.

I will put them together in a list, in the first post.

Let's say that we use Garena for an all in meeting.
But yeah, it isn't that interesting when it comes down to playing normal for icons.

Level 16
Okay, let's list this up.

Please respond below this message with the following information:

- Your current gateway you play at;
- Your username at that gateway;
- Your Garena name.

I will put them together in a list, in the first post.

Let's say that we use Garena for an all in meeting.
But yeah, it isn't that interesting when it comes down to playing normal for icons.
I refuse to use garena, but check my sig!

how about we all play a few games on northrend and lordearon, and see if either server has bearable lag?

edit: my stats http://classic.battle.net/war3/ladd...px?Gateway=Lordaeron&PlayerName=analbumcoverX
currently sitting at 29 wins/ 21 losses all random 3v3

edit 2: okay so add me to the list
  • us west/lordaeron
  • battle.net - analbumcoverx
  • garena - GhostThruster

i'm also making an account in northrend called 'toastie'

Last edited:
Level 16
Wow that's weird, why do they remove the lan?
What about http://eurobattle.net/ ? Not sure if its still active.
I never played there either.

What about we start our own server?
xD
I think we should vote, with poll, with what people would like to use, make it multiple selections.
  • Battle.net (we can choose a gateway if it wins the poll)
  • EUBnet
  • Tunngle
  • Garena (if it still works)
  • Hamachi (this works too)
  • Custom server (which requires a server, server admin, lots of work)

Level 6
Heh A hive server would be cool though but that aside, I'd rather play on Battle.net. Garena was never really my thing but I can confirm LAN has been removed. I know Hamachi still works, that's just a virtual LAN.

Never heard of Tunngle before will check it out and the only PvPGN server I've really used is Bored Aussie though I can't remember my login details :c

Level 48
I suggest Tunngle. Out of all of the servers I tried, that one seems the least laggiest, provided you have a good host. And the host doesn't seem to have to be absolutely incredible either - I mean, my internet's not that great, and yet I could play with friends from Greece and Norway without much trouble.

It might take a while to set up\get used to, but I can help out where needed.

Level 4
There is quite a big community (~2000) of warcraft 3 melee players at w3arena.net - most good players moved there because of battle.net's maphackers, old map pool, high ping and long queue. I believe that's what you're looking for.

Level 16
Also, JCarrill0, would you join on northrend?
I have No problem playing custom Games on Northrend. (same name)
analbumcoverX@Lordaeron & toastie@Northrend
proohumaan@Northrend [XRaY]
If you are interested, you can come to our Clan :)
Deolrin@Northrend
I would like to join for some maps
What's your Warcraft 3 account?
i want to join !
What's your Warcraft 3 account?

I am not interested in original Warcraft III anymore but i would play if you guys are going to play some altered melee.
I'd play anything besides blizz melee but I haven't really played a lot recently due to the Garena stuffs

I would propose a series of altered melee maps, but that are balanced.
We have 4 local authors (wa666r, Randomall, Sunreaver, Footman16) who make custom races, but none of which have a balanced race where it can be taken into consideration where the map itself would be balanced.

On a side note, Kam, author of BtT has a map series of balanced custom races, and you TaShadan also have a Mod for wc2.5

Those are balanced enough for multiplayer altered melee and would highly suggest those.

Edit: I forgot to mention the Power of Corruption Series created by moyackx.

Last edited:
Level 16
Scars of Conflict is a great altered melee map.

While it "would" be great, it simply isn't finished and don't recommend it until they finish it by adding the humans as a race.

If you think its good, then by all means, lets play it, but you should play all those custom race maps as well, they are balanced as long as you stick ONLY with the custom race. they all did a lot of work creating all those custom races each. some of them made like 7 different races!

but again, what fun is a melee map if you only be ONE race?
(sry TaShadan, just isn't fun till they finish it)

Level 13
While it "would" be great, it simply isn't finished and don't recommend it until they finish it by adding the humans as a race.

If you think its good, then by all means, lets play it, but you should play all those custom race maps as well, they are balanced as long as you stick ONLY with the custom race. they all did a lot of work creating all those custom races each. some of them made like 7 different races!

but again, what fun is a melee map if you only be ONE race?
(sry TaShadan, just isn't fun till they finish it)

Ehm you say the custom race maps are only balanced when playing the custom race only? This means there is also only ONE viable race. Whats the difference to SoC then?

Sorry for talking offtopic...

Level 16
I just play RoC/Ladder and sometimes custom games but mostly my own created map "Forsaken Bastion's Fall" with some friends on TFT.
Best Reg.
That's a fun map right? I think we have a once a month fun map night post by one of our members, they have been doing it for years!
Ehm you say the custom race maps are only balanced when playing the custom race only? This means there is also only ONE viable race. Whats the difference to SoC then?
Sorry for talking offtopic...
That's was my exact point, I don't recommend them, but if your saying to play SoC, then you should play those as well.
Yeah, uh. That might take a while. :p
Oh I know and I'm so sad for it :9 It really has AWESOME potential!

Level 19
I know Evolve has support for wc3 and from what I've heard its pretty good for it.
When it comes to Garena, I have no problems logging in and playing. Then again, I could play on normal Garena about 'till 4 months after Garena Plus was made the official one. I heard that they were going to remove only the rooms for countries with less than 250 players, but making playing completely unavailable is something else.

Level 1
Garena acct: Neoken2
GR acct (gameranger): Neoken2

Mainly prefer rpgs...recently found gaias but yea I am a bit behind so :p.

I mainly use Eurobattle or GR to connect but I od have accts on USEast and Europe...also Neoken 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.