• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Melee Tournament #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19

meleetournament.jpg

What?

The Hive Workshop presents a tournament for melee/ladders gamers, which grants great awards to the top three victors of the contest!
How to join

In order to join the Melee Tournament you should sign up here in this topic.
Tournament Rules
Rules

• Rule #1 : Only Hive Workshop users are allowed to join this tournament.
  • Rule #2 : The website rules still count. Nothing may violate any site rules.
  • Rule #3 : In order to join the tournament, you should have a Battle.net account. To prevent mistakes, the tournament will be played at the Northrend's Realm if you require a neutral host.
  • Rule #4 : After EACH game played you are forced to SAVE the replay. Both players should do this, in order to know who won. These replays should be posted here.
  • Rule #5 : No third party programs or cheats may be used. The usage of a third party program and/or cheats will instantly ban you out of the tournament, and future tournaments.
  • Rule #6 : A neutral host is not necessary if both players come to an agreement that one of them hosts. If one of the players want to have a neutral host, then they should notify it here.
Map Information

Map List

(4)LostTemple -> Reign of Chaos Map
(2)PlunderIsle -> Reign of Chaos Map
(2)EchoIsles -> The Frozen Throne Map
(2)TheTwoRivers -> The Frozen Throne Map
(4)TwistedMeadows -> The Frozen Throne Map

Map Information

All of these maps are created by Blizzard Entertaiment. It would be nearly impossible if you need to download it from the host.
If so, report it to me.

I'll determinate on which map you'll need to play with your opponent.
Observers
Observers

Users of the Hive Workshop are always welcome to watch & support two members playing against each other. Warning! The use of Teamspeak or any way to communicate with any member that has to play will instantly ban him out of the tournament, and future tournaments.
Joining
Joining The Tournament

In order to join the tournament, we'll need a stable set of players.
In order to sign up, you'll need to post it here.
Players can sign up until 28 september 0:00 GMT. Joining the tournament later is impossible.
Then, 1 October will reveal the list of your opponent.
I'll give the players a certain time to play against their opponent, in order to continue with the next rounds. IF one of the opponents do not show up, you'll automaticly win (CONTACT ME FIRST IF THE PLAYER DOESN'T RESPOND TO YOUR PM'S!).

Hostings
Host

If you can't agree to host your own games, if you don't have a host, then please post it, or PM me for it. I'll host for you, or at least I'll get someone for you.
Winning
Submit Wins

If you won a game, its your responsibility to save the replay and submit it here in the topic. The replay is your support and prove.
I'll watch each replay, in order to check on cheaters.

Tournament System
Tournament System

Winner
|
Player vs Player
|
/ \
Player vs Player & Player vs Player (Final Rounds)
/ | \
.. And so on

Player list

2vs2-fight-gray.gif

THW User Name
Battle Net IdentityNotes
dofysskyzkestazn...
famouspker49famouspker49...
Kofi_Banankofi_banan...
FullaFulla...
Chainer-chainer-...
ParrotheadParrothead...
ctrl.alt.diecrtl.alt.die...
Ralle40k_ralle89...
JacekArikara...
Amish_KOTPAmish_KOTP...
Dil999Dil999...
Scyth-MasterScyth-Master...
RunningAwayShelito...
SandManBeat-On-Acount...
AeroblyctosAeroblyctos...

Rewards
Rewards

First Place: 30 (+2 reputation for each user that joins) Reputation & Medallion Icon
[Current Reputation to win at first place: 60]
Second Place: 25 Reputation
Third Place: 15 Reputation

Last edited:
Level 12
Sign me up as well please.

A few questions>>

• Id recommend replacing the map - TheTwoRivers
    Perhaps with Terenas Stand, much better and more balanced.
  • Are the games best of 3, or just 1 game?
  • How do you choose a map?
    I'd assume if 2 players cant agree on one, they both 1by1 choose a map they dont want to play, until only 1 remains?

thx

Level 3
Im in as well (chainer-@northrend) i agree that two rivers should be replaced, it is an unbalanced map since the neutrul building varys on each side it makes a big difference what side u are on. Thats why it is never used in blizzard 1v1 tourneys.

Level 19
Sign me up as well please.

A few questions>>

• Id recommend replacing the map - TheTwoRivers
    Perhaps with Terenas Stand, much better and more balanced.
  • Are the games best of 3, or just 1 game?
  • How do you choose a map?
    I'd assume if 2 players cant agree on one, they both 1by1 choose a map they dont want to play, until only 1 remains?

thx

1) The Two Rivers is an official Blizzard Entertaiment map. This shouldn't be there if it wasn't balanced. My opinion: as a player, you should have the ability to play on each official map.
2) just 1 game.
3) I will point one map to the two players in their round. If one doesn't want to play on it then I'll take it as a resign.

Level 12
1) The Two Rivers is an official Blizzard Entertaiment map. This shouldn't be there if it wasn't balanced. My opinion: as a player, you should have the ability to play on each official map.
2) just 1 game.
3) I will point one map to the two players in their round. If one doesn't want to play on it then I'll take it as a resign.

Yes thats true, but only a few of the blizzard maps make into BLIZZARD tournaments.
Two Rivers isnt one of them for good reason :)
- Terenas Stand
- Trisfal Glades
Either of those would be a better choice.

====

Also thought I'd add - Fulla @ Northrend
Also rarely on East/West

The other 4 maps you picked are all maps used in tournaments and are nicely balanced.

But your tournament your choice.

Level 14
sign me up, after all I'm more of a melee player than mapmaker.

btw, why play these Reign of Chaos maps? They don't have taverns and aren't suitable for TFT gameplay

edit: ogre animated gif is used for 2v2 tournaments... 1v1 has wolves

Level 3
Is it a single match or best out of 3? Also wouldn't it be simplier to have the players choose the maps they face on? If its just one match both players vetoe 2 maps and play on the one left if its best out of 3 then both players choose a map each to play and the final match is decided by the above method?

Level 19
how will you do 2nd and 3rd place...traditional numbers 2 and 3 on the list or losers enter tourney again to play each other for spot then again for 3rd spot?

I'll find a solution for it soon.

Is it a single match or best out of 3? Also wouldn't it be simplier to have the players choose the maps they face on? If its just one match both players vetoe 2 maps and play on the one left if its best out of 3 then both players choose a map each to play and the final match is decided by the above method?

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=334040&postcount=10

Well, i won't probably win, and i don't know if i will be able to play all games (busy life), but in order for my glorious old times, count me in. I wanna play.
I once was one of the best European players (number 25, top 25 =D ) but that just a golden past, now my actual life doesn't allow me to dedicate and to be a professional game player. Still, put me in team games and i i am sure i can win.

Team or not, i will do my best lol =) i am very rusty now, don't play seriously since 2005. Let's see what surprises the future holds for me.

I can NOT host. Another thing, will there be a team play game ???
My speciality is team play games and not solos.
Please notify me if i join me to the contest. My account in batlle.net is the same i have in THW: Flame_Phoenix

Level 19
Allright, here we go!
The teams are randomly created. It is your task contacting your opponent, playing against it. Give me a sign if you require a hoster.

Players

famouspker49Defeated vs Fulla

dofys vs SandMan

Chainer- vs Ralle Defeated

Jacek vs Scyth-Master

Dil999 Defeated vs Kofi_Banan

Amish_KOTP Defeated vs RunningAway

Aeroblyctos vs Parrothead Defeated

Aeroblyctos : Reserve Player
ctrl.alt.die = out

Map
Map : (4)TwistedMeadows