• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Melee Tournament #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
meleetournament02.gif

What?

The Hive Workshop presents the second tournament for melee/ladders gamers, which grants even greater awards to the top three victors of the contest!
How to join

In order to join the Melee Tournament you should sign up in this thread.
Tournament Rules
Rules

1. Only Hive Workshop users are allowed to join this tournament.
  2. The website rules still count. Nothing may violate any site rules.
  3. In order to join the tournament, you should have a Battle.net account. To prevent mistakes, the tournament will be played at the Northrend's Realm if you require a neutral host.
  4. After EACH game played you are forced to SAVE the replay. Both players should do this, in order to know who won. These replays should be posted here.
  5. No third party programs or cheats may be used. The usage of a third party program and/or cheats will instantly ban you out of the tournament, and future tournaments.
  6. A neutral host is not necessary if both players come to an agreement that one of them hosts. If one of the players want to have a neutral host, then they should notify it here.
Map Information

Map List

(2)Plunder Isle -> Reign of Chaos Map
(4)Duskwood -> Reign of Chaos Map

(2)Echo Isles -> The Frozen Throne Map
(2)Terenas Stand -> The Frozen Throne Map
(2)Secret Valley-> The Frozen Throne Map
(4)Turtle Rock -> The Frozen Throne Map

Map Information

All of these maps are created by Blizzard Entertainment. It would be nearly impossible if you need to download it from the host.
If so, report it to me.

I'll determinate on which map you'll need to play with your opponent for each round.
Observers
Observers

Users of The Hive Workshop are always welcome to watch & support two members playing against each other. Warning! The use of Teamspeak or any way to communicate with any member that has to play will instantly ban him out of the tournament, and future tournaments.
Joining
Joining The Tournament

In order to join the tournament, we'll need a stable set of players.
In order to sign up, you'll need to post it here.
Players can sign up until 12 march 0:00 GMT. Joining the tournament later is impossible.

Then, 15 march will reveal the list of your opponent.
I'll give the players a certain time to play against their opponent, in order to continue with the next rounds. IF one of the opponents do not show up, you'll automatically win (CONTACT ME FIRST IF THE PLAYER DOESN'T RESPOND TO YOUR PM'S!).
Hostings
Host

If you can't agree to host your own games, if you don't have a host, then please post it, or PM me for it. I'll host for you, or at least I'll get someone for you.
Winning
Submit Wins

If you won a game, its your responsibility to save the replay and submit it here in the topic. The replay is your support and proof.
I'll watch each replay, in order to check on cheaters.

Tournament System
Tournament System

Player A vs Player B
Player A vs Player C
Player B vs Player C
Player C vs Player A
.. And so on
This tournament is decided by points.
The player who won the most games will win.

Player list

penguin.gif

THW User Name
Battle.net IdentityNotes
hvo-busterkomohvo-busterkomoCan host
HeretodlstuffDAskunkCan host
link598link598Cannot host
dofysppc128Can host
FullaFullaCan host
EleandorEleandorCannot host
Kofi_bananKofi_bananCannot host
Chainer-Chainer-Can host
MaTt540, sheep god!MaTt540Cannot host
AeroblyctosAeroblyctosCan host
BlackcatZwarteKat Cannot host
Firelord213Firelord213Can host

Rewards
Rewards

• First Place: 35 (+24 = 59)
    Reputation & Medallion Icon
  • Second Place: 20 Reputation
  • Third Place: 10 Reputation

Last edited:
Level 5
THW User NameBattle Net IdentityNotes
dofysppc128Can host.

I'm active on BNet during Tuesday afternoon, Friday, and weekends.

Level 19
Okay people!

Time for your first match up!

Map :

Match up:

hvo-busterokomo vs Kofi_banan

Heretodlstuff vs Chain-

link598 vs MaTt540, sheep god!

dofys vs Aeroblyctos

Fulla vs Blackcat

Eleandor vs Firelord213

The game should be played before 23/03/08.
Post your replay and the winner when done.

Good luck to everyone that is going to play!

Last edited:
Okay people!

Time for your first match up!

Map :

Match up:

hvo-busterokomo vs Kofi_banan

Heretodlstuff vs Chain-

link598 vs MaTt540, sheep god!

dofys vs Aeroblyctos

Fulla vs Blackcat

Eleandor vs Firelord213

The game should be played before 23/03/08.
Post your replay and the winner when done.

Good luck to everyone that is going to play!
Drat, was hoping I would get somone I might have a chance to beat. :bored:

Well goodluck everybody!!

Level 37
The_wand_mirror said:
What is the point if Aeroblyctos joins? XD

He pwns all...
You have to remember that it has been over 3 years when I was rank 1 at 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 AT games. So it's long time and my micro is not longer so good good. However, I remember all tactics! So it makes some challenge to you guys! But of course there is new tactics...

Cant we like speed up this tournament?
I dont wanna wait 1-2 weeks per game and it will like take really long time until the whole tournament is finished..

relax firelord, we all live in different times zones. Some of us may live as far away as US-EST and Australian time zones, and only be able to challenge eachother early in the morning or late at night. You also have to consider most of us are probably school aged, and we have a curfew on the time we can stay up at night. Perhaps we don't have a curfew for the mornings, but just getting up that early for a game is senceless.

Have patience, Next week is spring break for most of the US if im correct, so the tournament will rocket by.

Level 8
Neither Link nor I can Host, I just noticed. would anyone between the US Western time zone and GMT be able to host a match for us and give a time?

I get someone to host the map for us.
Do it quick because the connection of my can get slow again.
I would like it in usa east.
It can be anytime just tell me when your ready.

Id hate to sound like im dropping out, but as I said in previous posts, I have been busy for all week. not only that, but my computer doesn't seem to accept the Warcraft 3 maps anymore (I transfered it to a new computer). Im still trying to figure out to problem, but I doub't I will be able to participate in the tournament. Give link598 the win for now, I need to find out why my computer has crapped all of a sudden. :sad:

P.S. to Link: I tried to reply to your pm, but your Inbox wont accept pms. Why have you set it off?

Level 8
Id hate to sound like im dropping out, but as I said in previous posts, I have been busy for all week. not only that, but my computer doesn't seem to accept the Warcraft 3 maps anymore (I transfered it to a new computer). Im still trying to figure out to problem, but I doub't I will be able to participate in the tournament. Give link598 the win for now, I need to find out why my computer has crapped all of a sudden. :sad:

The sad to here hope you computer get well.
If your computer fix pm to play.

Ps.i think i disable that sry i'll fix it now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.