1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft dies when....

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by Oziris, Nov 8, 2008.

1. TheToastedChicken

TheToastedChicken

Resources:
    Resources:
    so do i since they who began to play it will all be dead and the new generations will most likely hate the graphic.

2. The Last Istari

The Last Istari

Resources:
    Resources:
    If I recall, Blizzard already slipped that WCIV is in the works.

Even then, WC3 won't completely die, I still see people on WC2 Battle.net.

3. Avex

Avex

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I used to never see people on bnet on wc2, till I figured out Wc2 didnt like my internet connection and cut me off =P. So before wc3 I'd make all these awesome campaigns, they're gone now cause my old Mac I used to use (with all the original blizzard games) exploded from a leak. (Macs suck!)

4. rober artua

rober artua

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If SC I will die after SC II realise then WC III probably die after WC IV realise .

5. riusey

riusey

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well if warcraft IV have bnet like this one then that can be true.. but until it nothing will happen so close the threat its enought :(

6. punwisp

punwisp

Resources:
    Resources:
    Like? Dude...BLizzard isn't going to make good B.net for wc3 and shitty one for wc4... They said the battle.net features would be better

Also it release not realise...Also starcraft 1 won't die, because there will still be ignorant pple that will say sc1 is better for some unknown ignorant reason. People will still play wc3 when wc4 comes out, just not that many! =P

Also none of blizzards current games will be played 100 years by now, by then, every computer will have 40GB ram, 2kGB space, and so on, and won't play low tech games, infact they prob will never even see it ever by then, Hell Blizzard might not be around, HELL we might all be dead by then from some nuclear war.

Anyway, about 1/5 of "Old" games are played, while the majourity play the new games, very few old games are played, online anyway, even in SP, the older C&C games, warcraft 1&2 are examples. 10 years, maybe, but past that? No

7. riusey

riusey

Resources:
    Resources:
    No comments....

8. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    punwisp, lol u got some crazy ideas, there will be no WOW 2, lol that was a good joke, dont count on Diablo 4, or starcraft 3, Blizzard started making a new MMORPG and will make WOW free when they make the game.

9. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Presently Blizzard makes over 150 million dollars a month from WoW alone. You think they're going to give that up? Not a chance. Not a chance in hell. Everquest is still subscription, and so will WoW be.

Also, a WoW 2 is almost definite. Who's to say that this new MMO isn't WoW 2? WoW is getting old, it's already been around for 4 years now, Blizzard will more-than-likely replace it to sate their rabid userbase.

10. HyperActive

HyperActive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Second-ed.

11. punwisp

punwisp

Resources:
    Resources:

Tell me, did they say they "weren't going to make any of these sequels? Or are you using ignorance(No offense) on your statement. WoW has made millions of dollars, fat chance they will ever make WoW free, if a WoW 2 is made(Which they will) More then likely they would make it after Warcraft 4, it would only make sense, because of the difference in lore. A MMO starcraft is VERY VERY possible, the whole theme is perfect, and can make the same or even more then WoW, and subscribers. Because of the 3 races, and the different classes, planets, etc. It is very possible to turn it into a MMO, and split the franchise into a MMO and RTS. Diablo is already a RPG, I'm not sure how well it would do as a mmo.

There are some moments where even if they decide to stop and announce it, that so many fans would bug them into making another, or giving rights to another company, which WONT happen. They only have 3 franchises, and 1 sub franchise of warcraft(WoW). They will always make sequels, More then likely Starcraft is next up to become a MMO, starcraft 2 might be the backbone for the story that leads to the mmo.

12. redsew

redsew

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmm... Oziris, StarCraft has a Campaign editor, its similar to World editor so you are just inexperienced in starcraft, I made 89 starcraft maps and 71 WarCraft III maps, not including the other Enfos map, that was acctually mmy friends and he named it after me, Im really pissed off at Battle_Dragon. I officially banned him from my firends list. Im not sure if he still plays Warcraft III anymore.

13. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Okay, sir. You are OFFICIALLY A MORON. Not only you claim you made 160 maps (which is ridiculous, or even if you did, they'd be utterly low quality), you are also dissing Burning_Dragon, who is a respected member of the site. Also, you fail at typing, have neg rep, and infractions. Need I say more?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2008
  14. punwisp

punwisp

Resources:
    Resources:
    Happytauren, your over reacting, he doesn't need a neg or anything, if you disagree with him then say it, don't bash him and neg rep him. Just because burning is a respected member doesn't mean everyone should like him or respect him, He has his opinions, you can't change that. He may or may not have made that many maps(How do you know? Besides assuming) They don't have to be great quality.

15. TheToastedChicken

TheToastedChicken

Resources:
    Resources:
    nah i actually agree with happytauren, redsew has only made 11 post and i cant find 1 single of them meaningful. he got -4 rep and is a big disaster for the hive.

16. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    punwisp, I don't think HappyTauren can -rep anymore. ;)

17. shadow3

shadow3

Resources:
    Resources:
    I doubt WarCraft will die anytime soon, but WarCraft 3 will maybe lose a big part of its users when WarCraft 4 comes out. Probably not all though, I think it will still be played quite a bit.

18. punwisp

punwisp

Resources:
    Resources:
    whys that

19. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Cause I am not a moderator anymore?

20. Campir

Campir

Resources:
    Resources:
    Don't call people ignorant for doubting the release of WCIV, you're ignorant for thinking there will be one. WoW ended ever chance of WCIV, deal with it, as much as you want to deny it, the fact is WoW changed azeroth to the point it would be to hard to make another warcraft. Sure, some say that if WCIV were to come out it would take place as if WoW never happened, but blizzard simply doesn't work like that, and it would confuse alot of people who play WoW but not normal warcraft.

SC2 will kill WC3. Why? Well people predicted WoW would kill wc3, this was a stupid prediction as WoW is a different genre of game then WC3 and thus, would have no effect on it. SC2 is nearly identical to WC, same playing style, just enhanced graphics and a better editor. Thus, WC3 players have no reason to play WC3 as there is a superior game out there serving as competition.

That all :p