• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft Campaign(s) Which Follows The Books' Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So this is actually my first time joining a forum and it was only triggered after I finished playing the Warcraft III RoC and TFT campaigns. I am aware that I am quite outdated since I haven't been immersed into gaming until I figured out that playing games may be a faster and more enjoyable way of reading stories.

I recently found out that Warcraft I and II are actually older games that I wouldn't be able to play since I'm not too interested in the gameplay features, only the storyline. (I'd rather play them on Warcraft III).

What I am trying to achieve is to make a compilation of links of custom campaigns which follow the timeline of Warcraft [Links replaced with official timeline - Credits to Pyf].

Warcraft: Orcs & Humans - WoW (Official Timeline)

I think connecting these events to custom campaign links which cover the story will benefit a lot of gamers who wish to find out more about the story of Warcraft.

Please be patient with me as I am not fully aware yet if I am doing this correctly. I posted this thread into the requests' section because I need help from the experts in this forum. Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: pyf
Level 2
(off topic)

For those interested, an official timeline in 29 chapters based on the video games (up to and including Warlords of Draenor) can be found here.

Noted, can you point me to the right direction so I can post this thread to the right section Mr. Pyf? I managed to gather new resources regarding this topic, and as I read the official timeline, I may be able to revise my earlier post into a more accurate one.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Do not worry, an admin will move your thread to the right section of the site if necessary.
I hope many experienced Hive members will contribute to your project soon.

Ah, and welcome to The Hive Workshop. :smile:

Level 2
(off topic)

For those interested, an official timeline in 29 chapters based on the video games (up to and including Warlords of Draenor) can be found here.

Noted, can you point me to the right direction so I can post this thread to the right section Mr. Pyf? I managed to gather new resources regarding this topic, and as I read the official timeline, I may be able to revise my earlier post into a more accurate one.
Do not worry, an admin will move your thread to the right section of the site if necessary.
I hope many experienced Hive members will contribute to your project soon.

Ah, and welcome to The Hive Workshop. :smile:

Thank you good Sir!

Level 2
Ok, so I'm posting this for the benefit of those who are interested in this project (Thank you Mr. Pyf for providing the official timeline of the Warcraft series). So let me share what I managed to gather so far. Again, this project aims to follow the story of Warcraft through Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne.

Chapter 01

Warcraft: Orcs & Humans

Released in November 1994 | PC / Mac Game

For ages, the fallen titan Sargeras plotted to scour all life from Azeroth. To this end, Sargeras possessed the human sorcerer Medivh and compelled him to contact Gul'dan, an orc warlock on the world of Draenor. There, Sargeras' demonic servants among the Burning Legion worked to corrupt the once - peaceful orcs and forge them into a bloodthirsty army known as the Horde. This cursed force invaded Azeroth through the Dark Portal, a dimensional gateway created by Medivh and Gul'dan, and clashed with the human nation of Stormwind. Aided by the half-orc Garona, human champions like Anduin Lothar fought valiantly to protect their kingdom. Yet, in the end, the mighty Horde shattered Stormwind's defenses. Amid the city's tragic fall, Garona betrayed her allies and assassinated King Llane Wrynn, sealing the nation's defeat.

Links to the custom campaign map: (Usable in Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne)

Human Campaign

Warcraft : Humans

Orc Campaign
Warcraft : Orcs

Credits to Blizzard Entertainment, Pyf (For the timeline), LordPerenoldeII (For the map), and Anaxie of MMO-Champion (For the link)

Last edited:
Level 2
Chapter 02

Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness

Released in December 1995 | PC / Mac Game

The human nation of Stormwind had fallen before the Horde. Knight Champion Anduin Lothar gathered the scattered remnants of the human army and led the refugees north across the Great Sea to the kingdom of Lordaeron. By enlisting the aid of other nations - humans, gnomes, elves, and dwarves - Lothar helped form a great Alliance to stand against the orcs and their ruthless new leader, Orgrim Doomhammer. The seemingly unstoppable Horde continued its rampage, reinforcing its growing army with savage trolls and brutish ogres. But, on the eve of victory, Gul'dan and his followers selfishly abandoned their allies to seek out powerful artifacts, forcing the weakened Horde to retreat. Doomhammer momentarily rallied the orcs when he slew Lothar in a harrowing battle, but the hero's death did not break the Alliance's resolve. Turalyon, Lothar's loyal lieutenant, quickly took up leadership of Azeroth's defenders and finally defeated the Horde.

Human Campaign

Warcraft II: Human Campaign

Orc Campaign
Warcraft II: Orc Campaign

BUG: Loading a Save makes Oil Platforms disappear.

Credits to Blizzard Entertainment, Pyf (For the timeline), LordPerenoldeII (For the map), and Anaxie of MMO-Champion (For the link)

Last edited:
Level 2
Chapter 03

Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal

Released in April 1996 | PC / Mac Expansion Set

Following the destruction of Azeroth's Dark Portal by the victorious Alliance, the orc shaman Ner'zhul took command of the remaining Horde on Draenor. There, he plotted to create portals to other unspoiled worlds and invade each in turn. To enable the rituals for his dimensional conquest, Ner'zhul sent orcish forces through his world's intact Dark Portal in search of powerful relics on Azeroth. Wary of the Horde's plans, the heroes of the Alliance invaded Draenor to end the orcish threat forever. Facing certain defeat at the hands of his enemies, Ner'zhul succeeded in opening numerous portals to new worlds. The resulting magical stress shattered Draenor, trapping many of Azeroth's greatest heroes on Outland, the damaged remains of the planet.

Part One
WarCraft Legends: Part One

Credits to Blizzard Entertainment, Pyf (For the timeline) and Jake Kessler (For the map).

Last edited:
Level 2
Chapter 04

Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos

Released in July 2002 | PC / Mac Game

After years of languishing in captivity, the remaining orcs on Azeroth were liberated by a former slave named Thrall. This young shaman and his reformed Horde fled to the continent of Kalimdor to escape the invasion of the Burning Legion, a demonic army that sought to ravage all of Azeroth. To weaken the world's defenses, the Legion unleashed a horrifying new weapon: the undead Scourge. Prince Arthas Menethil of Lordaeron fought bravely to protect his lands from this dreaded enemy, but his fear and desperation led him to join forces with the Scourge's mysterious leader, the Lich King. On Kalimdor, Thrall's Horde set aside old hatreds and united with other races to thwart a massive Legion assault helmed by the demon lord Archimonde. At great cost, the unlikely union of humans, night elves and orcs defeated their enemies atop sacred Mount Hyjal.

[Note:] Included in the game. However, if you wish to play this in 2P, I'd recommend a link to the maps.

Human Campaign
2P Human Campaign

Orc Campaign
2P Orc Campaign

Sentinel Campaign
2P Sentinel Campaign

Scourge Campaign
2P Undead Campaign

Credits to Blizzard Entertainment, Pyf (For the timeline), Gizmo359, McQvaBlood, and TheSpoon (For the maps).

Last edited:
Level 2
Chapter 05

Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne

Released in July 2003 | PC / Mac Expansion Set

While the armies of humans, orcs, and their allies recovered from their battle against the Burning Legion, Arthas Menethil - now a Death Knight - slaughtered the living denizens of Azeroth's Eastern Kingdoms in the name of the Scourge. But new forces emerged that threatened to destroy Arthas and his minions: the banshee Sylvanas Windrunner rebelled, creating a splinter faction of undead known as the Forsaken, and the demon-tainted night elf Illidan Stormrage sent his armies to the icy continent of Northrend to strike at the Lich King. Arthas rushed to his master's defense and defeated Illidan, who fled to Outland in shame. At last close to the seat of the Scourge's power, Arthas did the unthinkable, and willingly merged his own spirit with that of the Lich King.

[Note:] Included in the game. However, if you wish to play this in 2P, I'd recommend a link to the maps.

Human Campaign
2P Human Campaign

Orc Campaign
2P Orc Campaign

Sentinel Campaign
2P Sentinel Campaign

Scourge Campaign
2P Undead Campaign

Credits to Blizzard Entertainment, Pyf (For the timeline), Gizmo359, McQvaBlood, and TheSpoon (For the maps).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.