1. Are you planning to upload your awesome pack to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

2P Human Campaign

Submitted by Gismo359, McQvaBlood, TheSpoon
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Human Campaign: The Scourge of Lordaeron
A project by The-Spoon

This pack is part of my "2 Player Campaign" project.
If you wish to report a bug, reply with feedback, or find out more about the project, please visit the Hosted Forums.

Description:
In my project, I aim to create an edition of every level of the campaign so that 2 players can play co-operatively to beat the campaign. But also to add a few of my own ideas in there too!

Features:
- A save/load code system found in ORPGs to record items/abilities between levels.
- Score system, where at the end of the level you get a grade A-E, based on how well you did.
- The interludes are incorperated into the map, so you don't have to download a seperate map to watch a video.
- Original heroes for when there is only 1 hero on the level.
- All the levels will be set to 'hard mode', but with help from your team-mate it should all be reasonably possible
- Shared research and techtree systems with your ally.

Contains 9 edition's of Blizzard's Human Campaign:
Chapter 1: The Defense of Strahnbrad
Chapter 2: Blackrock and Roll
Chapter 3: Ravages of the Plague
Chapter 4: The Cult of the Damned
Chapter 5: March of the Scourge
Chapter 6: The Culling
Chapter 7: The Shores of Northrend
Chapter 8: Dissension
Chapter 9: Frostmourne

And 1 Custom Chapter by Me!:
Chapter 10: Isolation

Keywords:
2 player campaign human alliance scourge lordaeron arthas
Reviews
02:09, 27th Jun 2010 DonDustin: nice maps
  1. 02:09, 27th Jun 2010
    DonDustin: nice maps

2. The WoW Masta

The WoW Masta

Resources:
    Resources:
    The two player concept is a nice addition :)

3. TheOverWhelming

TheOverWhelming

Resources:
    Resources:
    I completely forgot to test those maps for you.
    Sorry man >_<

4. TheOverWhelming

TheOverWhelming

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay, been doing a runthrough.
    My friend and I skipped 2.
    On the .. 7th one? Where you find Muradin.
    The Force Walls don't block, but are destroyed when you break the generator.
    No message is created at the end, rank or anything.
    Edit: Failing the one where you race to get to the ships and kill them, it doesn't kick you out of the game once you fail.

5. yeohxin

yeohxin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Loved this pack a lot.
    Having fun along with my friend.
    Good editing, and customized.
    I haven't played all of it, just a few of them.
    No bug found so far.

6. Zpider

Zpider

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looking forward to try this out with my brother later this evening.
    I think my brother will bring down our grade though...

Anyways, I think this idea was a great one indeed.
    The dusty old champaign has been needing a facelift for a while now.

EDIT: Well this was fun, a bit easy though.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  7. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I like the idea and I have played some of those maps, but the only thing that bothered me was that it's too easy. Other than that, good job.
    Rating : 4/5

8. PrinceOfThaWest

PrinceOfThaWest

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great pack, continue this project. Looks dope! :D

9. jonat

jonat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Same Thoughts

Nice! although I'm not yet playing your maps, All I can say is
    "We have the same thoughts"

I even tried creating 2-player maps but I didn't finish it exactly on how the map was.. so I revised it and got some of it's concept only.. hehe:grin:

10. Darkzealot_128

Darkzealot_128

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wow this pack is nice keep up the work \

5/5

11. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Thanks all for the nice comments!

@The few that said it was too easy
    Try playing on insane difficulty!

@TheOverWelming
    Thanks for doing those tests for me
    - "The Force Walls don't block, but are destroyed when you break the generator."
    They're meant to prevent your units from passing, does that not happen?
    It is so that the undead units can still pass.
    - 'Failing the one where you race to get to the ships and kill them, it doesn't kick you out of the game once you fail. '
    You don't get 'defeated', but it still went black? Its so the players can talk
    - 'No message is created at the end, rank or anything.'
    That bug is annoying me so much >>, why does it happen?!

12. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    TheSpoon, I've sent you two messages, did you not get them?

By the way, bugs I've found so far:
    -Chapter 3: It's possible to save the villagers twice from the bandits. We killed all the attacking bandits and received the Potion of Greater Healing and the girl said "Thanks so much, I have a reward for you." Then I spotted a Bandit still alive and we killed that bandit and again the girl said "Thanks so much, I have a reward for you." and we received another Potion of Greater Healing. This seemed to mess up the loading code system as we received no code and had to replay the map. On the second play, this bug didn't happen.
    -Chapter 7: We received no loading code at the end. I've sent you a message that answers your questions in detail.
    -Chapter 9: 1. Once Arthas gains Frostmourne, all your spells are unlearned. You have to redistribute all your skill points again. This happens in insane mode. I don't know if it happens in normal mode too.
    2. There's something strange going on. I opened the ninth map and I spotted that Insane Arthas gains 22 bonus damage once he has Frostmourne but he retains a Hero attack, while Normal Arthas gains only 12 bonus damage, but he receives a Chaos attack. Normal Arthas also gains two to all attributes, Insane Arthas gains none.
    On the next map, however, Arthas has 10 bonus damage and a Hero attack and no extra attributes.
    3. Captain stops gaining experience once Level 10, but Arthas can go up to level 14. Perhaps this is related to losing your skill points and stuff when creating Insane Arthas. Perhaps you forgot to disable experience gain for Arthas with Frostmourne.
    4. Even though Arthas can go up to level 14 on Chapter 9, on the next map, Isolation, he's level 10 again and both players lose all items.

13. TheOverWhelming

TheOverWhelming

Resources:
    Resources:
    "- "The Force Walls don't block, but are destroyed when you break the generator."
    They're meant to prevent your units from passing, does that not happen?""
    Correct, it does not happen.

"- 'Failing the one where you race to get to the ships and kill them, it doesn't kick you out of the game once you fail. '
    You don't get 'defeated', but it still went black? Its so the players can talk"
    It went black, and the cinematic mode was still on so we had to alt+F4 the map to get out.

- 'No message is created at the end, rank or anything.'
    That bug is annoying me so much >>, why does it happen?! "
    Perhaps saving it to a string then displaying it continuously?

14. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I can also confirm TheOverWhelming's bugs, too.
    - I could also simply run through the Force Wall on the seventh map with Arthas.
    - Me and my brother also had to Alt+F4 out of the game at the end of the eighth map.
    - Yeah, well, I hope you solve the no rank bug.

By the way, just so that you have even more information on the no rank bug, we've loaded our characters using the load code we got from the sixth map and we played through it on normal. Still no code. The bug happens, regardless of what difficulty you choose.
    Are you sure you don't simply "clear the screen of text messages" somewhere accidentally?

Another question: Is Mal'ganis not attacking on Chapter 9 intentional? He just waits in his base until you are actually strong enough to easily beat him which made him quite a disappointment.

15. Crave.

Crave.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey I see you created a pack now :) Me and indomitable1319 also plan to do some 2P campaigns, weve already planned the storyline.

Oh and, good luck of your Undead campaigns ;)

Vote:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  16. Rainmaker

Rainmaker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Haven't played the maps yet, but great idea for a co-op mode! I always thought that's the only thing Blizzard's campaigns lacked. Definitely looking forward to trying out these maps.

17. Malsupreme

Malsupreme

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice idea !

18. DarthDeath

DarthDeath

Resources:
    Resources:
    The concept are great, cause it 2 Player Campaign!!! I'm so excited to play it, but, when i download it and start the WC3 TFT and ROC, the map doesn't exist in the game. So, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  19. LumZor

LumZor

Resources:
    Resources:
    awesome map