• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warcraft II: Human Campaign

「Warcraft II: Human」

By Helldoom

Gameplay
[tr][/tr]
A complete remake of Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness Human campaign. Featuring most of the old Wacraft II models, icons, music, sounds, cheats and many more.
You can play through the Campaign in the original setting, or from the first Mission you can set to advance with leader of the Alliance, who fight during the Second War.

Added an [Editor] version that can be opened with a simple World Editor.

Supported version: 1.26

Screenshots
[tr][/tr]
207947-albums7743-picture91391.jpg

207947-albums7743-picture91390.jpg

207947-albums7743-picture91393.jpg

207947-albums7743-picture91394.jpg

207947-albums7743-picture91392.jpg

Credits
[tr][/tr]
Blizzard Entertainment,
Red XIII - Most of the great Warcraft 2 models
AndrewOverload519 - Mage model
Ket - Church model
PROXY - Ogre Mage, Zeppelin models
supertoinkz - Human Transport, Orc Oil Tanker, Ogre models
Dmitry Rommel - Orc transport model
Mephestrial - Orc oil platform model
Kam - Gnomish submarine model
Tarn - Skeleton model
Tranquil - King cinematic model
MadseN - Cinematic Cannon model
RightField - Archdemon
Tauer - Orgrim, Gul'dan, Kilrogg model
Stefan.K - Khadgar, Turalyon, Zuluhed, Saurfang model
Mc ! - Alleria model
Ujimasa Hojo - Thoras Trollbane, Aiden model
TurieL - Brann model
apaka - Zul'jin
HerrDave - Rend Blackhand
Holy Crusader - Blackrock Blademaster (Maim) skin
Necrokenis - Teron Gorefiend model

Changelog
[tr][/tr]

- Adjusted enemy AI on some missions
- Balanced and fixed some spells, and unit properties
- Fixed several wrong sound outputs
- Fixed several tooltips, hotkeys and icons
- Fixed/Adjusted ranger scouting
- Minor unit property, ability fixes
- Fixed a potential crash on Mission V. due to the zeppelin going out of bounds
- Hero revive cost now depends on level
- Fixed minus starting hero defense
- Smaller spell fixes and balance adjustments
- Added playable Heroes throughout the campaign, it can be enabled/disabled on Mission I.
- Updated terrains, objects
- Fixes on spells, special attacks
- Updated some models
- Fixed Human barracks lumber cost
- Updated Ogre Mound model
- Adjusted sight ranges
- Smaller fixes
- Reworked the oil system, oil gathering should be more smooth and stable
- Removed jass codes, for possible better stability
- Fixed oil board not showing after reloading a save
- Fixed oil patches/platforms disappearing in some cases
- Fixed paladin heal auto-cast
- Enabled all missions to be playable from the get-go
- Replaced the ogre on Mission VII
- Fixed gold increments from 5 to 10
- Fixed the enemy's upgrading to max levels on Mission V
- Fixed Intro cinematics invisible cannons
- Fixed goblin zeppelins on several maps

Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
Warcraft 2, Warcraft II, War 2, Human campaign, Tides of Darkness
Contents

Warcraft II: Human Campaign (Campaign)

Warcraft II: Human Campaign Editor (Campaign)

Reviews
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/stopcampingn00b/"]Moderator: StoPCampinGn00b Warcraft II: Human Campaign by Helldoom RATINGS Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 21/30 Terrain & Scenery: 14/20 Total Score: 35/50 Explanation[/COLOR]]5...

M

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
by Helldoom
navbits_start.gif
RATINGS

[COLOR=white

[COLOR=white

Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 21/30
Terrain & Scenery: 14/20
Total Score: 35/50

Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 47+
4 Stars: 40-47
3 Stars: 25-39
2 Stars: 10-24
1 Stars: 1-9

navbits_start.gif
CRITIQUE
Gameplay:
Fantastic job implementing the Warcraft II campaign into Warcraft III gameplay. From what I could tell, the units, buildings, etc have the right stats and no unnecessary new ability to add on. This isn't a reimagining, it's a near remake. Concerning the difficulty of the game, well it looks as if it's matching with Warcraft II's.

Referring to user Admiral Proudmoore's post about some flaws in that map, I've only experience an oil platform related one. My boat stopped gathering oil at one point as it stayed put right beside the oil platform. I suggest you look over his bad points even if I did not see them; I only got up to chapter 8.

No doubt it's a great replica, but please do check the problems with the gameplay.

21/30
Terrain & Aesthetics:
Well, it's accurate to the Warcraft II maps, nice job on it. I enjoyed looking back and forth at the WCIII version and WCII on YouTube play-throughs to see how accurate they were. There may be a few that could complain about adding ice to your snow maps in the edges and adding some height variation, but that is perfectly okay.

For chapter 6 and 7, I really feel that terrain set doesn't match. For 6, the trees should be green. For 7, I highly recommend you get a custom rock model because those rocks look out of place and simply ugly in my opinion. The intro cinematic terrain and doodads looked very dull, take some time to decorate the scenes more. Keep in mind that these were only three dislikes I have about the terrain/doodad placement for the first 7 chapters.

Other aesthetics are really awesome, you use the original icons and tried your best to get extremely fitting models! The sound of WCII soundtracks and unit sound sets are from the original. Great choice.

14/20

navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
- All rules that apply are followed, map APPROVED!
- I consider your description to be having a change log, it's version upload right now.
- To clarify, using recources (music, soundsets in this case) from other blizzard games are allowed to use in maps.

navbits_start.gif
NOTES
Overall, the map is acceptable and others should play this if they miss Warcraft 2. Players who've never played Warcraft 2 and want to experience the story line would also be entertained. Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

Fuck yes! Finally! I will have to check it once i return from work.

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

I have finally finished the campaign and it's time to write what was good and what was not.

Good:

-Terrain is okey,models are good and music is well uploaded.
-Warcraft 2 in warcraft 3! I must say that it's pretty good remake.Just like with your orc campaign.I enjoyed playing them both.
-Voices are well uploaded and i think that it also deserve a +.
-Not sure if it counts here but i await this campaign update and approval.It deserve 5!

Bad:

-Oil patches and oil platforms mysteriously dissapear or are invisible.
-In Tol Barand mission the game crash up.
-Oil statue often dissapears and i can't see how much oil i gather up.
-At inro and campaign menu i hear both..Frozen throne and w2 music.
-I'm a big fan to human soundtrack but you only added up three themes.There is a lot more! Add two more at least.
-Only two levels of upgrades? In w3 there was three upgrade levels.Fix that please.
-Weird Orc Shipyard bug.Sometimes i see explosion animation on it.
-Goblin mines in last mission? Really? It could e nice idea if not the fact that place where i have to build a base is full of them.They wiped most of my army and the patrolling dragons did the rest.
-Healing dosent work.

Suggestions:
-Fix the bugs i've mentioned.
-Replace red dragon with black one.It will look more like w2 dragon.
-Not sure if there is any better model but mortar team model badly replaces gnom demolition squad.
-Make Beyond the dark portal campaign!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
Suggestions:
-Fix the bugs i've mentioned.
-Replace red dragon with black one.It will look more like w2 dragon.
-Not sure if there is any better model but mortar team model badly replaces gnom demolition squad.
-Make Beyond the dark portal campaign!

Dude.. 3 corrections for you...

1. The "Goblin mines" of which you spoke could have just been the RUNE SPELL casted by the Horde Ogre-mages...

2. RED DRAGONS (Alextrasza's kin) ARE INDEED WarCraft 2:Tides of Darkness Old Horde's Dragons. THe Black Dragons (Deathwing's kin) ONLY became part of the Horde in WarCraft 2:Beyond the Dark Portal...

3. MORTAR TEAMS ARE PERFECT FOR DWARVEN DEMO SQUAD... THe Demo squads are INDEED DWARVES, NOT Gnomes... THE ONLY Gnome units of the Alliance are the Flying Machines AND the Submarines...

:ogre_haosis::ogre_haosis:

Level 32
Map approved based off of this review :thumbs_up:

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
by Helldoom
navbits_start.gif
RATINGS

Scores

Explanation

Gameplay: 21/30
Terrain & Scenery: 14/20
Total Score: 35/50

5 Stars: 47+
4 Stars: 40-47
3 Stars: 25-39
2 Stars: 10-24
1 Stars: 1-9

navbits_start.gif
CRITIQUE
Gameplay:
Fantastic job implementing the Warcraft II campaign into Warcraft III gameplay. From what I could tell, the units, buildings, etc have the right stats and no unnecessary new ability to add on. This isn't a reimagining, it's a near remake. Concerning the difficulty of the game, well it looks as if it's matching with Warcraft II's.

Referring to user Admiral Proudmoore's post about some flaws in that map, I've only experience an oil platform related one. My boat stopped gathering oil at one point as it stayed put right beside the oil platform. I suggest you look over his bad points even if I did not see them; I only got up to chapter 8.

No doubt it's a great replica, but please do check the problems with the gameplay.

21/30
Terrain & Aesthetics:
Well, it's accurate to the Warcraft II maps, nice job on it. I enjoyed looking back and forth at the WCIII version and WCII on YouTube play-throughs to see how accurate they were. There may be a few that could complain about adding ice to your snow maps in the edges and adding some height variation, but that is perfectly okay.

For chapter 6 and 7, I really feel that terrain set doesn't match. For 6, the trees should be green. For 7, I highly recommend you get a custom rock model because those rocks look out of place and simply ugly in my opinion. The intro cinematic terrain and doodads looked very dull, take some time to decorate the scenes more. Keep in mind that these were only three dislikes I have about the terrain/doodad placement for the first 7 chapters.

Other aesthetics are really awesome, you use the original icons and tried your best to get extremely fitting models! The sound of WCII soundtracks and unit sound sets are from the original. Great choice.

14/20

navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
- All rules that apply are followed, map APPROVED!
- I consider your description to be having a change log, it's version upload right now.
- To clarify, using recources (music, soundsets in this case) from other blizzard games are allowed to use in maps.

navbits_start.gif
NOTES
Overall, the map is acceptable and others should play this if they miss Warcraft 2. Players who've never played Warcraft 2 and want to experience the story line would also be entertained. Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Last edited:
Level 5
Hey Helldoom.. Can I suggest something or perhaps ask a favor in these WarCraft 2 remake campaigns of yours?

Wouldn't it be a lot cooler if you included the cinematics after the last missions for every chapter? You only included the INTRO and OUTRO in your WarCraft 2 remakes, but where are the other cinematics between chapters?

ALLIANCE CAMPAIGN:
- 3 footmen were on a hill overseeing the exodus of the refugees in Hillsbrad's decimation...
- Footman sneaks behind Grunt, and kills him, then attacks catapult to be able to fire at goblin zeppelin (ARCHIMONDE was shooting that in WarCraft 3 credits)
- Orc ships got shoot and destroyed by group of Human battleships...

HORDE CAMPAIGN:
- Grunt burns dead bodies of humans or high elf in pikes..
- Horde Turtles eats dead bodies of humans...
- Guldan opens the TOMB OF SARGERAS, showing a face of a Doomguard but later attacks Guldan...

Level 9
Hey Helldoom.. Can I suggest something or perhaps ask a favor in these WarCraft 2 remake campaigns of yours?

Wouldn't it be a lot cooler if you included the cinematics after the last missions for every chapter? You only included the INTRO and OUTRO in your WarCraft 2 remakes, but where are the other cinematics between chapters?

ALLIANCE CAMPAIGN:
- 3 footmen were on a hill overseeing the exodus of the refugees in Hillsbrad's decimation...
- Footman sneaks behind Grunt, and kills him, then attacks catapult to be able to fire at goblin zeppelin (ARCHIMONDE was shooting that in WarCraft 3 credits)
- Orc ships got shoot and destroyed by group of Human battleships...

HORDE CAMPAIGN:
- Grunt burns dead bodies of humans or high elf in pikes..
- Horde Turtles eats dead bodies of humans...
- Guldan opens the TOMB OF SARGERAS, showing a face of a Doomguard but later attacks Guldan...

Yeah I know there are cinematics for each Act. But they are rather short and well..meaningless. While it would be cool to add them, unfortunatly I'm not so good with creating these cinematics, Intro and Outro alone took me enough time.

I did try one, but it didn't quite fit, nor did it work out so well. Maybe I'll try again later, but no promises.

Level 1
In mission 6 Grim Batol, there is an Ogre Mauler before the Black Orc Base with around 800 HP that ultimately decimates my forces. In the actual Warcraft II Tides of Darkness and BNE game, it is a normal Ogre with 90 HP. Can that be fixed please?

Also other issues/changes need to be made:
Gold Mines - wrong amount after upgrading town hall (town hall - 100 -> 110 -> 120 - castle) - per 100 gold from Gold Mine (don't know if this has the same effect to the oil - you get 125 oil for every 100 oil - plus add oil refinery to allow increase in oil intake)
Enemy Upgrades quickly and to max level rather than to level that the actual game is designed (makes the game slightly different than the actual War II game)- real challenge unlike the actual game - in the actual game, the enemy upgrades to a certain level and stops (Example: Mission 5 - Enemy upgrades ogres to level 3 and gain +1 attack and +1 defense - in this game, they upgrade with both increased by two levels instead of one)

Level 1
Find the Warcraft 3 world editor in your Warcraft 3 folder. BUT WAIT, it could be quite complicated for beginners. Read this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/beginners-guide-map-making-8204/

thats the point: im trying to open, but i got this message:
"Error
Trigger function does not exit in database:GetPlayerTypedUnitCount"

then de world editor closes.

Can anyone create a melee map using these wc2 units and sounds from that campaign? they look so nice :)

i would like to play it lan or bnet with friends.

Level 5
Helldoom, bro.. Why is there a fatal error in this human campaign? And the opening cinematic, the canons that the footmen are loading are invisible?

Level 1
There are Warcraft 3 Goblin Zeppelins throughout the maps. They must be replaced by normal orcish Goblin Zeppelins. Easy to do with the Replace units tool in WE.

The invisible canon thing is easy to fix, I did it by importing in WE the file OldCanon2.mdx that I imported from the Orc Campaign. Since it's the same intro cinematic, it works.

By the way, Helldoom, are you still alive ? If you plan to abandon this, please say it here so we can continue your fantastic work by fixing remainings bugs and remaking Beyond the Dark Portal.

Level 9
Fixed some bugs and made some adjustments.
Concerning the difficulty and the enemy's upgrade system, it does differ a little from the original. I tried to remain somewhat close to what it's supposed to be like, but decided to make the AI increasingly difficult (as much as I could), as in Warcraft II it seemes rather inconsistent. I hope it doesn't take away too much from it.

Oil refineries didn't make it, because of the lack of models. If there is ever gonna be a WCII orc and human refinery model made and useable, I'll put them in. Untill then the Foundry serves as the boost to oil gathering.

Unfortunatly I couldn't really find what causes crashes on some missions.

As to Beyond the Dark Portal campaigns. I can't really find the time and mood to start doing those yet. However you can freely use my campaigns as you wish, just give some credit to me and everyone else mentioned here.

Level 28
Got a crash on the first mission of Act 2, when the only enemies left were some ships.
The map select screen has the orcish cursor.
Loading a saved game removes the oil scoreboard, preventing shipbuilding.
Bug with Healing: the Paladins that target themselves don't heal but still lose mana. And if set to autocast (thanks for that, by the way) they don't seem to heal anyone at all.

Last edited:
Level 1
As to Beyond the Dark Portal campaigns. I can't really find the time and mood to start doing those yet. However you can freely use my campaigns as you wish, just give some credit to me and everyone else mentioned here.

Thank you.

Could you tell us what plugins and versions of WE you use ?

I use the latest JNGP (2.0.7), and some changes can corrupt the map and black-screen when trying to launch the mission.

Using the same tools would be important if someone want to expand your work with new campaigns. Remaking Warcraft 2 is already complicated enough, nobody wants to bother with small plugins compatibility issues.

thats the point: im trying to open, but i got this message:
"Error
Trigger function does not exit in database:GetPlayerTypedUnitCount"

then de world editor closes.
The default World Editor can't open this campaign, you need plugins. In this case, I think using UMSWE will get you rid of this message.

Last edited:
Level 1
About the changelog and the change in Mission 5. It is not just Mission 5. It is every mission in the game. Mission 4 has orcs not upgrade and rarely train catapults.

The upgrades in each mission are different.

If you want a list:
Mission 1 - No possible upgrades at this point:
Mission 2 - Humans can only upgrade this mission with lumber mill to level 2 (or level 3 if you played this mission)
Mission 3 - Same as last mission for upgrade
Mission 4 - orc does not upgrade, but player can upgrade two levels in arrow (for ships, orcs don’t upgrade, but humans can by one level each)
Mission 5 – orc does not upgrade, but player can upgrade one of each levels in blacksmith (sword, armor, and ballista) (same for lumber mill) (same for shipyard here from Mission 4)
Mission 6 – Orcs upgrade to level one in blacksmith (one upgrade) and one in lumber mill while humans can max both blacksmith and lumber mill
Mission 7 – Humans can upgrade to max through shipyard (along with other upgrades) and all Orcs I believe were stuck at level 1 for everything
Mission 8 – Humans gain only healing skill after becoming paladin (blue orcs gain bloodlust and only one level of each from blacksmith); red and purple don’t upgrade
Mission 9 – No upgrades this mission (Gold mine had 70000 in it if I recall, not 12500 – forgot to mention that in the last post)
Mission 10 – Orcs death knights don’t upgrade, and I have not seen the enemy upgrade their ships also; humans gain exorcism here
Mission 11 – Enemy upgrades I believe like normal (enemy mages get all powers but do it very slow), maybe one less level, but you get only slow and flame shield; the demo squads can easily dispatch towers (they do less damage when I looked at that map when I skipped a few missions to see what each mission has)
Mission 12 – Humans gain invisibility power for mages
Mission 13 – Humans gain submarines that cannot be upgraded; humans gain all spell upgrades
Mission 14 – No new research

I have to look further for the last three missions to be accurate. I know that the orcs will have berserkers during some of the missions.

Last edited:
Level 1
In Mission 5, a Goblin Zeppelin have the wrong faction. The unit is neutral passive instead of Black Tooth Grin Clan.

Level 28
Submarines can attack air.

Bug on the last level: Oil platforms don't show up when built (or being built), the only way to get oil is to let the tanker be, after which it's the only one to get oil. Also one of the platforms started construction and immediately stopped, and was unable to cancel.
Player's name mispelled as Nation of Azero.

I would suggest making flyer attacks artillery, so they can be dodged.

Last edited:
Level 1
Awesome really, i love the classic warcraft games, childhoods joys i guess. My question is actually, if there is going to be also a remake of WarCraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal in warcraft III? Because that would be really awesome.

Level 2
I agree with admiral Proudmore there is alot of bugs and the oil platforms dissapear also the game crashed over and over on the mission when you got to escort the rebel peasents back to the circle of power and beyond the dark portal campaign would be great as long as its playable without the same problems

Level 1
Is it me? or the servers are super slow?
it says it will take me 2hrs to download 79MB file o_O
also,what version of warcraft 3 do i need for this to work?
i just throw the files into the game file and it works?

Level 6
The one comment I have to make about both this campaign and its Orcish counterpart is that the size of the maps compared to the units is much larger than in the original game, while sight and attack range have not been adjusted to compensate for this. This does cause a few discrepancies - such as in some levels, not being able to attack certain buildings from the sea, where it would have been possible to do so in the original game. It also means several maps where the initial gold mine is not revealed by starting units' sight when it was in the original.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I would surely have finished this if not for that Oil brain crunching bug (see below). Another thing is that it's not much originality put in the remaking of the WcII campaign. It's almost a copy nothing more. See the Warcraft: Orcs & Humans remake on Hiveworkshop. It's innovative.

Some stuff:
-it would be fine if every unit would be shown as grey as in WcIII and the requirement for it written

prologue:
-cannons shoot nothing. No wonder the orcs didn't lose any ship

Act1 (first level):
-well Peasants don't build like in Warcraft II but like in WcIII and they can also gather to build faster
-you don't actually build four Farms, as the quest says but only 3, as one was already built

Act1 (Southshore):
-make the Oil Patches look differently on the minimap like the Entangled Gold Mine, the Haunted Gold Mine or somehow else than like the normal Gold Mine
-there's no description on the Build ability of the Oil Tanker and it's also placed abnormally than where the Peasant Build is. It also does not have a hotkey (at least written)
-the Oil Patch disappears once the Oil Platform is placed. Could use a program to fuse the models
-should increase/modify the south border for the distinction between the soil and water planes can be seen. This also appears in other water containing levels

ActII (Khaz Modan):
-I've just seen a Goblin Zeppelin that was... neutral (?) and after some seconds the game crashed. But it might have been because I've sent the Flying Machine in the down right corner of the map
-the Oil table is nowhere to be seen. It disappears on load game
-big bug: if a ship is in the Oil Patch while the Tanker starts to build the Platform that unit will disappear and others may become paused (player's control over them is lost)
-Oil Tanker's selection circle is somewhere down under the boat
-repairing ships doesn't take oil
-random crash again after sending the Flying Machine somewhere and setting waypoints on the map for the ships to follow
-you know there was that thing when the enemy buildings were destroyed that their units came to attack the player at the end so no time was wasted on further scouting

Dun Algaz:
-Peasants have the advanced building ability copied but it's "invisible"/a black square under the hold position button
-need to sort out the AI on this level. The third or fourth wave, they attacked with 4 to 6 Ogres and then after 30 seconds or so, with a normal 2 Grunts & 2 Trolls wave. On restart they did not do that. Then later in the game they did not attack anymore
-I don't remember, were the Ballista upgrades so quickly researched in WcII?

Grim Batol:
-big bug: a WcIII Ogre Mauler is behind the walls somewhere southeast from the player's start point. Now it wouldn't be a problem to kill it with the Catapults. But what if the wall was destroyed and the Ogre was still alive?
-you have to fix the oil table disappearance on load and also the fact that the Oil Tanker can't build the Platform anymore...

If it weren't for that crucial Oil related bug I would have spent more time on this. Maybe the future will have this campaign fixed.

Level 1
whats required to use this mod? i have the orc and human campaign mods in their own folders in the maps folder. but the mod file doesnt show up

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Crashed for me at mission 5, no idea why. Was just scouting with the gnomish machine
Also the first mission with the oil, the patches are buggy and Oil Platforms don't appear. I freaked out because I thought I'd be stuck, but finished it anyway. Maybe fix that?

Other than that, love the unit sounds, models, combat sounds.

Cool workaround with the oil patch.

Would love a multiplayer version and this with the original soundtracks.

Level 1
Save it in the campaigns folder, not the maps folder :)

i have this saved in the campaigns folder but when im in game and select either the humans or orc campaign, the screen shows "just another warcraft 3 campaign" with a button to select "back"
can someone give me a walkthrough to get this installed please?

Level 14
Thanks anaxie. There are very good news and i shall open the thread as soon as i come back from work tonight. Very good news i repeat.

EDIT: I had a small setback. I'll be up late tonight.
Looks like someone is doing warcraft 2 ToD orc PoV. Check out legacy of the masters in the map dev forum.

Still hopeful to see your actual remakes of the actual game.