1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft II: Human Campaign

Submitted by Helldoom
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
「Warcraft II: Human」

By Helldoom

Gameplay
A complete remake of Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness Human campaign. Featuring most of the old Wacraft II models, icons, music, sounds, cheats and many more.
You can play through the Campaign in the original setting, or from the first Mission you can set to advance with leader of the Alliance, who fight during the Second War.

Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Credits

Blizzard Entertainment,
Red XIII - Most of the great Warcraft 2 models
AndrewOverload519 - Mage model
Ket - Church model
PROXY - Ogre Mage, Zeppelin models
supertoinkz - Human Transport, Orc Oil Tanker, Ogre models
Dmitry Rommel - Orc transport model
Mephestrial - Orc oil platform model
Kam - Gnomish submarine model
Tarn - Skeleton model
Tranquil - King cinematic model
MadseN - Cinematic Cannon model
RightField - Archdemon
Tauer - Orgrim, Gul'dan, Kilrogg model
Stefan.K - Khadgar, Turalyon, Zuluhed, Saurfang model
Mc ! - Alleria model
Ujimasa Hojo - Thoras Trollbane, Aiden model
TurieL - Brann model
apaka - Zul'jin
HerrDave - Rend Blackhand
Holy Crusader - Blackrock Blademaster (Maim) skin
Necrokenis - Teron Gorefiend model

Changelog

- Adjusted enemy AI on some missions
- Balanced and fixed some spells, and unit properties
- Fixed several wrong sound outputs
- Fixed several tooltips, hotkeys and icons
- Fixed/Adjusted ranger scouting
- Minor unit property, ability fixes
- Fixed a potential crash on Mission V. due to the zeppelin going out of bounds
- Hero revive cost now depends on level
- Fixed minus starting hero defense
- Smaller spell fixes and balance adjustments
- Added playable Heroes throughout the campaign, it can be enabled/disabled on Mission I.
- Updated terrains, objects
- Fixes on spells, special attacks
- Updated some models
- Fixed Human barracks lumber cost
- Updated Ogre Mound model
- Adjusted sight ranges
- Smaller fixes​
- Reworked the oil system, oil gathering should be more smooth and stable
- Removed jass codes, for possible better stability
- Fixed oil board not showing after reloading a save
- Fixed oil patches/platforms disappearing in some cases
- Fixed paladin heal auto-cast
- Enabled all missions to be playable from the get-go
- Replaced the ogre on Mission VII
- Fixed gold increments from 5 to 10
- Fixed the enemy's upgrading to max levels on Mission V
- Fixed Intro cinematics invisible cannons
- Fixed goblin zeppelins on several maps​

Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
Warcraft 2, Warcraft II, War 2, Human campaign, Tides of Darkness
Contents

Warcraft II: Human Campaign (Campaign)

Reviews
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/stopcampingn00b/"][IMG][c]Moderator: StoPCampinGn00b[IMG][IMG] Warcraft II: Human Campaign by Helldoom [IMG] RATINGS Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 21/30 Terrain & Scenery: 14/20 Total Score: 35/50...
  1. [​IMG]
    Moderator:
    StoPCampinGn00b
    version 'uploaded'
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    by Helldoom
    [​IMG] RATINGS
    • Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 21/30
      Terrain & Scenery: 14/20
      Total Score: 35/50

• Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 47+
      4 Stars: 40-47
      3 Stars: 25-39
      2 Stars: 10-24
      1 Stars: 1-9

[​IMG] CRITIQUE
    Gameplay:
    Fantastic job implementing the Warcraft II campaign into Warcraft III gameplay. From what I could tell, the units, buildings, etc have the right stats and no unnecessary new ability to add on. This isn't a reimagining, it's a near remake. Concerning the difficulty of the game, well it looks as if it's matching with Warcraft II's.

Referring to user Admiral Proudmoore's post about some flaws in that map, I've only experience an oil platform related one. My boat stopped gathering oil at one point as it stayed put right beside the oil platform. I suggest you look over his bad points even if I did not see them; I only got up to chapter 8.

No doubt it's a great replica, but please do check the problems with the gameplay.

21/30
    Terrain & Aesthetics:
    Well, it's accurate to the Warcraft II maps, nice job on it. I enjoyed looking back and forth at the WCIII version and WCII on YouTube play-throughs to see how accurate they were. There may be a few that could complain about adding ice to your snow maps in the edges and adding some height variation, but that is perfectly okay.

For chapter 6 and 7, I really feel that terrain set doesn't match. For 6, the trees should be green. For 7, I highly recommend you get a custom rock model because those rocks look out of place and simply ugly in my opinion. The intro cinematic terrain and doodads looked very dull, take some time to decorate the scenes more. Keep in mind that these were only three dislikes I have about the terrain/doodad placement for the first 7 chapters.

Other aesthetics are really awesome, you use the original icons and tried your best to get extremely fitting models! The sound of WCII soundtracks and unit sound sets are from the original. Great choice.

14/20

[​IMG] VERDICT
    The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
    - All rules that apply are followed, map APPROVED!
    - I consider your description to be having a change log, it's version upload right now.
    - To clarify, using recources (music, soundsets in this case) from other blizzard games are allowed to use in maps.

[​IMG] NOTES
    Overall, the map is acceptable and others should play this if they miss Warcraft 2. Players who've never played Warcraft 2 and want to experience the story line would also be entertained. Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [/tdalt][/tr]

2. Admiral Proudmoore

Admiral Proudmoore

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fuck yes! Finally! I will have to check it once i return from work.

3. hagen11

hagen11

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yay, I knew it the day the Orc Campaign file name was changed.
    Thank you!

4. WarLordOfDurotar

WarLordOfDurotar

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have played the orc campaign that you made and I can't wait to play this one !

5. Admiral Proudmoore

Admiral Proudmoore

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have finally finished the campaign and it's time to write what was good and what was not.

Good:

-Terrain is okey,models are good and music is well uploaded.
    -Warcraft 2 in warcraft 3! I must say that it's pretty good remake.Just like with your orc campaign.I enjoyed playing them both.
    -Voices are well uploaded and i think that it also deserve a +.
    -Not sure if it counts here but i await this campaign update and approval.It deserve 5!

Bad:

-Oil patches and oil platforms mysteriously dissapear or are invisible.
    -In Tol Barand mission the game crash up.
    -Oil statue often dissapears and i can't see how much oil i gather up.
    -At inro and campaign menu i hear both..Frozen throne and w2 music.
    -I'm a big fan to human soundtrack but you only added up three themes.There is a lot more! Add two more at least.
    -Only two levels of upgrades? In w3 there was three upgrade levels.Fix that please.
    -Weird Orc Shipyard bug.Sometimes i see explosion animation on it.
    -Goblin mines in last mission? Really? It could e nice idea if not the fact that place where i have to build a base is full of them.They wiped most of my army and the patrolling dragons did the rest.
    -Healing dosent work.

Suggestions:
    -Fix the bugs i've mentioned.
    -Replace red dragon with black one.It will look more like w2 dragon.
    -Not sure if there is any better model but mortar team model badly replaces gnom demolition squad.
    -Make Beyond the dark portal campaign!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  6. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:

Dude.. 3 corrections for you...

1. The "Goblin mines" of which you spoke could have just been the RUNE SPELL casted by the Horde Ogre-mages...

2. RED DRAGONS (Alextrasza's kin) ARE INDEED WarCraft 2:Tides of Darkness Old Horde's Dragons. THe Black Dragons (Deathwing's kin) ONLY became part of the Horde in WarCraft 2:Beyond the Dark Portal...

3. MORTAR TEAMS ARE PERFECT FOR DWARVEN DEMO SQUAD... THe Demo squads are INDEED DWARVES, NOT Gnomes... THE ONLY Gnome units of the Alliance are the Flying Machines AND the Submarines...

:ogre_haosis::ogre_haosis:

7. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  8. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Map approved based off of this review :thumbs_up:

[​IMG]
    Moderator:
    StoPCampinGn00b
    version 'uploaded'
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    by Helldoom
    [​IMG] RATINGS
    • Gameplay: 21/30
      Terrain & Scenery: 14/20
      Total Score: 35/50

• 5 Stars: 47+
      4 Stars: 40-47
      3 Stars: 25-39
      2 Stars: 10-24
      1 Stars: 1-9

[​IMG] CRITIQUE
    Gameplay:
    Fantastic job implementing the Warcraft II campaign into Warcraft III gameplay. From what I could tell, the units, buildings, etc have the right stats and no unnecessary new ability to add on. This isn't a reimagining, it's a near remake. Concerning the difficulty of the game, well it looks as if it's matching with Warcraft II's.

Referring to user Admiral Proudmoore's post about some flaws in that map, I've only experience an oil platform related one. My boat stopped gathering oil at one point as it stayed put right beside the oil platform. I suggest you look over his bad points even if I did not see them; I only got up to chapter 8.

No doubt it's a great replica, but please do check the problems with the gameplay.

21/30
    Terrain & Aesthetics:
    Well, it's accurate to the Warcraft II maps, nice job on it. I enjoyed looking back and forth at the WCIII version and WCII on YouTube play-throughs to see how accurate they were. There may be a few that could complain about adding ice to your snow maps in the edges and adding some height variation, but that is perfectly okay.

For chapter 6 and 7, I really feel that terrain set doesn't match. For 6, the trees should be green. For 7, I highly recommend you get a custom rock model because those rocks look out of place and simply ugly in my opinion. The intro cinematic terrain and doodads looked very dull, take some time to decorate the scenes more. Keep in mind that these were only three dislikes I have about the terrain/doodad placement for the first 7 chapters.

Other aesthetics are really awesome, you use the original icons and tried your best to get extremely fitting models! The sound of WCII soundtracks and unit sound sets are from the original. Great choice.

14/20

[​IMG] VERDICT
    The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
    - All rules that apply are followed, map APPROVED!
    - I consider your description to be having a change log, it's version upload right now.
    - To clarify, using recources (music, soundsets in this case) from other blizzard games are allowed to use in maps.

[​IMG] NOTES
    Overall, the map is acceptable and others should play this if they miss Warcraft 2. Players who've never played Warcraft 2 and want to experience the story line would also be entertained. Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [/tdalt][/tr]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  9. WORNOXCOOL

WORNOXCOOL

Resources:
    Resources:
    Will this work on Warcraft III???

10. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, just download it and save it in the campaigns folder! It's WCII in WCIII.

11. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey Helldoom.. Can I suggest something or perhaps ask a favor in these WarCraft 2 remake campaigns of yours?

Wouldn't it be a lot cooler if you included the cinematics after the last missions for every chapter? You only included the INTRO and OUTRO in your WarCraft 2 remakes, but where are the other cinematics between chapters?

ALLIANCE CAMPAIGN:
    - 3 footmen were on a hill overseeing the exodus of the refugees in Hillsbrad's decimation...
    - Footman sneaks behind Grunt, and kills him, then attacks catapult to be able to fire at goblin zeppelin (ARCHIMONDE was shooting that in WarCraft 3 credits)
    - Orc ships got shoot and destroyed by group of Human battleships...

HORDE CAMPAIGN:
    - Grunt burns dead bodies of humans or high elf in pikes..
    - Horde Turtles eats dead bodies of humans...
    - Guldan opens the TOMB OF SARGERAS, showing a face of a Doomguard but later attacks Guldan...

12. Helldoom

Helldoom

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah I know there are cinematics for each Act. But they are rather short and well..meaningless. While it would be cool to add them, unfortunatly I'm not so good with creating these cinematics, Intro and Outro alone took me enough time.

I did try one, but it didn't quite fit, nor did it work out so well. Maybe I'll try again later, but no promises.

13. Sxar

Sxar

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    OMG! was looking for WC1 campaing then I found this!! I thought was under development! I'll try it!! Thank you so much!

14. Sxar

Sxar

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Will you made WC2 Beyond the dark portal campaing?

15. WarcraftHero0121

WarcraftHero0121

Resources:
    Resources:
    In mission 6 Grim Batol, there is an Ogre Mauler before the Black Orc Base with around 800 HP that ultimately decimates my forces. In the actual Warcraft II Tides of Darkness and BNE game, it is a normal Ogre with 90 HP. Can that be fixed please?

Also other issues/changes need to be made:
    Gold Mines - wrong amount after upgrading town hall (town hall - 100 -> 110 -> 120 - castle) - per 100 gold from Gold Mine (don't know if this has the same effect to the oil - you get 125 oil for every 100 oil - plus add oil refinery to allow increase in oil intake)
    Enemy Upgrades quickly and to max level rather than to level that the actual game is designed (makes the game slightly different than the actual War II game)- real challenge unlike the actual game - in the actual game, the enemy upgrades to a certain level and stops (Example: Mission 5 - Enemy upgrades ogres to level 3 and gain +1 attack and +1 defense - in this game, they upgrade with both increased by two levels instead of one)

16. mgsb

mgsb

Resources:
    Resources:
    realy amazing! how can i custom my own maps for lan or bnet?

17. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  18. mgsb

mgsb

Resources:
    Resources:

thats the point: im trying to open, but i got this message:
    "Error
    Trigger function does not exit in database:GetPlayerTypedUnitCount"

then de world editor closes.

Can anyone create a melee map using these wc2 units and sounds from that campaign? they look so nice :)

i would like to play it lan or bnet with friends.

19. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:
    Helldoom, bro.. Why is there a fatal error in this human campaign? And the opening cinematic, the canons that the footmen are loading are invisible?