1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 2, 2018.

1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

2. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Won't. =)

3. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    350.png

4. Lord_Marrowgrath

Lord_Marrowgrath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    what about map sizes? Do they expand to 256/512 mb or not

5. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
  6. Ghan_04

Ghan_04

Vice Chieftain

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hopefully we'll get some news and maybe a more precise release date soon. I suspect the relative silence so far is because they are putting lots of effort into making the best it can be. :)

7. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    More like because its a skeleton crew. So a timely release isnt a priority for blizzard looking at the current shitshow state of activision and blizzard Ips

Consider the fact the only positive reception from the company at this time out of all their products is the Beta for 2004 WoW

I wouldnt expect anything major from wc3R revealed until September after Classic releases at a minimum

On entirely unreleated warcraft news

Cyberpunk 2077 is very soon
    Doom 5 is soon
    New divinity game
    And most importantly

Baldurs Gate 3 was just announced by probably the best developer that could be doing it: Larian.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  8. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    Official Night Elf cover art revealed on PlayWarcraft3.com

9. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:
    the night elf archer looks more like an undead dark ranger.

sadly, no image done for a demon hunter.

10. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Cant have the amazon race dressing like amazons can we?

This is 2019 better make the night elves all full plate armor.

If they show any skin or booty would have to bring out the outrage brigade to make Blizz repent their sins against the woman

11. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:

yep, exactly why majority of model designs for the wc3 reforged is ugly, caused its mostly based on WoW colorful and ridiculous armor and weapon designs...

yeah... modern outrage brigade... i wonder why the people who made the wonderwoman movie did not put on a full metal covered armor for Gal Gadot?

still even the undead dark ranger in the orig wc3 does not appear to be a walking zombie robot archer to be fully covered...

12. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    that makes sense for the look, but why do they present it as a Night Elf unit?

13. Juveqis

Juveqis

Resources:
    Resources:

Maybe it was a mistake, because they have removed the image from the web pages.

14. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Yup, they did it, and glad to hear that that wasn't a "modern and edgy guerrilla redesinged" archer, anyway, LemonSky Studios made some weird choices for the models, and i'm still not a fan of their work so far, hope they get a bit more faithful to the old Samwise concepts for the Nelfs, wich were the boldest move desing-wise in the franchise at that time, so far looks like all those nordic-greek-asian mash-up aspects aren't relevant to LSS

15. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Youd think blizzard would have a little more going on then the 0 hype or advertising for reforged since its reveal

Then again if my card game , moba, shooter, MMO , and entire "Esports" brand was tanking hard at the rate their games are id be not so concerned about an RTS either.

Modern blizzard enjoying the mess they made for themselves over the last few years it seems.

Maybe bethesda , bioware, and blizzard could gather have a think tank meeting and realise they cant coast on a studios name anymore because the talent has left the building

Cdprojekt is the new bethesda

Larian studios is the new Bioware

Blizzard... wel . Blizzard threw their identity away 10 years ago.

Personally i have to ask everyone.

Why did blizzard think it was a good idea to break. Band aid and continue to break. WC3 when its going to ve a brand new client and standalone game in reforged anyway.

That to me is a questionable deaign choice and pretty jarring to the point i question if they even gave a shit if they ended up breaking eemverything.

Think for a moment if no one decided to update their campaigns.

Ill play reforged for the rts rpg campaign. But at the end of the day non of this damage done to a 15 year old game was needed or asked for.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  16. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    As someone that probably asked for a HD edition more than anyone else, I agree with it, changes and patches were never asked and made the game worse, and artstyle of the Reforged is an abomination

17. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I strongly disagree. :peasant-i-object:

Regardless, if you don't like the Reforged graphics, the developers are kind enough to give you the option to choose between the old graphics and the new. So you can stick to the past.

Personally I think the new models look incredible (and I've seen more than most have so far). Just wait and see! Every single model looks amazing! And they are making diffrent variations & animations for many, if not all, models! You gotta appreciate the amount of work the team is putting into Reforged! :peasant-bowing:

18. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh that's so not fair! Care to give us a sneak peek? :p

19. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Under NDA. Sorry, can't show you anything... Yet.

20. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh I know. Just teasing haha