1. Music Contest #10 - Results are finally published! Drop by to check some retro songs and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join Terraining Contest #19 and witness the aftermath!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 3rd Melee Mapping Contest is ON! Join in on a ride of a 4v4 melee experience!
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 2, 2018.

1. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I believe you are safe there. Nothing can be a worse Blizzard title than Immortal. (Also I wouldn't call it pride, but greed).

2. gorillabull

gorillabull

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    this is going to be another cheap rehash lol .. bliz why dont u just copy uuh lets see fortnite and go fuck urself??

3. GIMLI_2

GIMLI_2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i don't think so

4. Kakerate

Kakerate

Resources:
    Resources:
    I see random posts of people giving Micro transactions flack. Its pretty obvious eastern maps community has benefited greatly from having access to generating revenue from their creations. It was already possible if you did all of the scripting through your bot and players only played through that bot (meme possibilities really). Eastern community capitalized on it because 1.26 allowed direct implementation of microtrans, among other things.

It would be nice to see Dota 1.5 and eastern maps be supported on the current bnet platform, but thats more of a pipe dream or an endpoint for their development on WC3.

5. Fransisco Wijaya

Fransisco Wijaya

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any chance for this to be available on Linux?

6. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It’s definitely worth buying, especially if you are a fan of Warcraft and a map maker!

Don’t let Diablo Immortal overshadow the awesomeness that is Warcraft III: Reforged.

7. Miz'tah Taz'dingo Ma'ne

Miz'tah Taz'dingo Ma'ne

Resources:
    Resources:
    hope they port'n Reforge to Linux but I am afraid not since Battle.net is not availabl'n in Linux but don't giv'up Blizzard is listening.

8. Fransisco Wijaya

Fransisco Wijaya

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah it's obvious, battle.net is not available in linux, so wc3 reforged.

9. SLICED

SLICED

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ohh boy, I really can't wait for it... the game of my life.. coming back to life :D

I have read some of the coments and.. honestly, most of them are very pessimistic about the WE, the artstyle, the models and the story retcons all in all. I admit, it is an understandable and natural situation. The classic version of the game as it is right now will forever be the best.

Imo, what I care a lot for is the cinematics: Murder of King Terenas, the fight between Arthas and Illidan, Rexxar's quest, as well as the unit race models and, of course, the chance to replay the game :). I'd also like to add the fact that they might introduce new storylines and custom campaigns which fit in the lore and which would be really awesome to play as an RTS experience rather than an MMO one.

As are many others, I am very curious as to how the UI and WE are gonna be presented.

What I find off about the whole project is.. the feedback. I mean, just by reading a lot of the comments, which are pretty mean, people are judging this product before it is even out. I barely noticed anyone who is actually optimistic about this whole idea and adopts the concept of "time will tell" or "we just have to wait and see". I personally can't criticise something if I can't test it from any perspective.

Even though I hate to say it that Blizzard has become something rather different along the years, I'd like to still have hope for what they want to make with this marvellous game. So, to stress my last points, we'll just have to be a little bit patient until "the rain has gone".

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  10. Triceron

Triceron

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm just noticed you mentioned cinematics. You are aware that they are upressing the cinematics and not remaking them like the trailer, yes? Just wanted to make sure since that has been quite an issue in the community.

11. SLICED

SLICED

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ohh, didn't know that.. thx for letting me know =)) Those other things still stand tho :thumbs_up:

12. HellHoundX

HellHoundX

Resources:
    Resources:
    yyyaaaay its looking so good

13. ChaosWyrm

ChaosWyrm

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is there anything on how they’ll handle custom models and skins going from regular WC3 to Reforged?

I can see BNet being a very different place if they’ve got filters, reporting, etc. too. And not in a good way. Hyped as I should be about WC3 getting another chance in the spotlight, I’m just doubtful about how well it’ll be managed.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  14. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think I remember reading somewhere that original WC3 will be patched to make it one game instead of ROC+TFT just like Reforged, is that right?

15. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hi everyone - long time no see.

I'm just back here to say that I am SO STOKED for WC3 Reforged. Can't wait to play it with you all :cgrin:

16. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
  17. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    x2 ;D Love it that so many oldphags are returning :wgrin:

18. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Add a loading indicator for all players on the loading screen, even if the map has a description.

19. Astrella

Astrella

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is there going to be cross-compatibility between existing Warcraft III and Reforged like they did with Starcraft remastered?

20. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, cross-compatibility is intended. Most games should be playable with either version.