1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
    And Blizzard is acknowledging this. It's also okay if you don't like this remaster, but people should not put all that negative energy towards Blizzard. Give honest feedback, but saying Blizz will have the feedback in their ass.. is not very constructive.

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why are you people acting like you're living in a utopia? You darn well know how this world works. People are of all sorts, sadly.

3. Whisper

Whisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    I had big respect for Blizzard.
    Lost it after release of SC2 and D3 (mostly cuz SC2 editor was so fucking shit and D3 was really a weird game (no pvp, candy graphics, fail with auction house). I hope they will show us that they can still make something awesome (that's why i preordered Wc3R).
    ~10 years ago. When you bought game made by Blizzard. You were sure that it will be epic. Now? Not rly.

People are just afraid that Wc3R will lose the heart and soul of real Warcraft 3.

If they wont respond to our fears then what will it mean?

4. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Sure. And they've stated, repeatedly, that they're interested in listening to the community. But that doesn't mean that people shouldn't voice their opinions in a less childish and entitled manner.

Not really. They provided a product, we paid for said product. Nobody owes anybody anything. Sure, the fans increased the longevity of the game through modding, but Blizzard also provided support for the game well past its expiration date. It goes both ways.

So we should never call people out on anything? That kind of a sad world view.

Good thing you'll still have the real Warcraft 3 to play then.

Most likely it'll mean that much of the criticism that people provide isn't implementable because folks don't understand game development and what it entails.

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    "So we should never call people out on anything? That kind of a sad world view."
    @Tauer

You saw the answer he gave afterward. Some people are really keen on their belief. It may take time to put them on the right path and doing so on such a thread is a waste of time and space.

6. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
  7. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    preach! blizzard most notably the WoW team lost my faith in listening to the community years ago when I abandoned their games.

One thing is certain they will have Micotransactions in WC3 selling skin packs like SC2. however the classic team is going above and beyond with their art specifically even having alternate male/ female versions most heroes it appears.
    Who wants to play a female frumpy Mountain Queen?

I love RTS tho should this lead into a little Nova Covert ops additional campaigns being added. I'll Day 1 buy them since WC3R can't differ too much from the game it's being built to emulate.

No one believes that considering the Final level where he takes up Frostmourn is in that Campaign.

____________________________________________________________________________________

biggest question is seeing illidan Demon resdeign.

Will he have go from having black tats and his stlish pants to some brown design with plain black horns and sickly green streaks all over his body instead and glowy ass eyes?
    Will they Remove his Pandas and the entire design of his Glavies for Neon Green Warglaives?

A big departure will also be will they scrape the Lost Ones Draenei entire design for the Broken Draenei?

will they change the big ass Legion demon gates to steel and green ugly shit used in WoW instead of the awesome looking gates seen in first in Felwood?

There are plenty of changes they can do that will make the art disgusting. People have already mentioned how buildings are so SQUARE now in WC3R instead of looking natural

Will Archimonde have his long Purple cape or will they have him wearing simply his Armor Bikini?

Lots of WoW design choices that should stay the hell away from WC3 IMO.

Classic team Should Tread very carefully

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  8. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I have to agree with you, and I'm kinda sure Illidan won't be in his full glory like he was in Wc3 but instead he will be that emo kid from WoW(sadly), I think they won't change demon gate designs etc it would be overkill, about Lost Ones if they change it I'll really be mad about it reason is simple: WoW too has no HD Lost Ones so I'm out of options but to use our mods kinda HD ones

9. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Damn there is some serious saltiness going on here.

10. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    this is the example you should be looking at[​IMG]

Female Demon hunter concept art
    Team colors are going to be the Tattoos and metamorphasis well. Thats got a complete overhaul. Guess the Panda glaives are gone now.

Also there is confirmation that Reforged will not include the Old Campaigns. They keep saying there is a Graphics toggle.

Better hope WC3R isn't a download patch when you buy the game or its gonna be overwritting the old Campaign maps completely. Thats my biggest concern.

Good idea to archive the old campaigns as is on THE HIVE for custom play without that Co-OP nonsense if this is the direction the go.

11. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    This is for female though, I cant say they'll change male one (I hope so) what concerns me about this is the Demon Form I always hated how hots and WoW did it that old 'black' demon form was just something unique to me and I did not add those forms to my models even with all the fans asked them to be in the mod

12. oger-lord

oger-lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I bet Blizzard will make some design mistakes and the community will fix it.

13. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    decisions like the Glaives and demon forms will likely be cross gender. So ugly ass glaives, Plain ass horns and old demon form removed. Count on it.

Better hope Illidans tats don't glow by Team color or his model will be ruined but I'm sure the classic team should have enough competence to notice that atleast and keep him his own thing.

I'm however quite pleased with Garithos. Team Color Seems a little overboard on the concept though.

[​IMG]

Not salty just concern. Things like doing a 180* on Draenie design are valid concerns where it's likely to go since they want to emulate WoW.

Suppose Fel Orcs are going to be spikey Orcs now. also

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't but hey, fetishes satisfied, right?
    About that, I wonder how Muradin will not die since he's present in WoW. Talk about retcons....
    And yes, the Culling of Stratholme is iconic because it's the first step of Arthas' downfall and the darkest event storywise where no one wanted to do the extreme thing and kill all infected so they won't be under the Scourge's control.
    Blindfold on, please. Not talking about demon form though but also referring to his TfT version.
    Hopefully, they don't remove any Easter eggs.
    Let's hope they don't change but add.
    God, I hope they don't kill that. Also the green hue.
    Also, hope that Kil'jaeden has no wings.
    No, even in the Reforged CoS gameplay video, Arthas and Mal'Ganis both have hero glow. That is iconic to Warcraft III.
    About the demon hunter blades... I hope Illidan won't have them green like that...
    Not sure about that. I don't think so. I will however keep backups of course just in case anything goes wrong in general.
    That's gonna happen. But it won't be mistakes, it will just be WoW oriented.

15. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    NEARBYHERMIT =D it feels good to have you back again!

I LOVE THIS :grin: I friggin' missed some of that resolve and conviction from the good days of old! Show em like it is, @Whisper! :cgrin:
    So exceedingly happy I wanna hug all of ya :ahug::ahug::ahug:

16. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm glad to see you around these parts again, Rui. When I saw the Reforged announcement I immediately thought that Hive is gonna be teeming with oldheads.

After all, isn't Hive that good ol' place where we all gather to get a dose of the past?

Yes it is!

17. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You bet :grin: nostalgia overwhelms me every time!

18. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
  19. Kanadaj

Kanadaj

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Hell yes

20. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:
    5) Armor and Weapon designs

I hope the designs for REFORGED would remain closely the same as the designs of it in WC3. Majorly, the armor and weapons in WoW looks as if it were designed by a child. Seriously, majority of the weapon designs of WoW such as swords, axes, hammers, bow, guns etc. look more of like a child's toys rather than dangerously looking deadly weapons.

EXAMPLES:

Illidan's warglaives is a perfect example for weapons. The blades in Illidan's warglaives in WC3 looks like as if its a sharp deadly elvish silver steel blades that can cut you in half in an instant, (like the mystic blades of the elves in the LOTR/Hobbit movies)
    meanwhile the design of Illidan's warglaives in WoW, looks like a cheaply looking version of a green double-edge lightsaber.

I know Illidan's/DH's warglaives in WC3 have panda faces in them (as JUST an easter egg joke), but even then, the WC3 warglaive designs, despite the panda face joke still looks more of as deadly weapons rather than the WoW Illidan's warglaives that looks like a child's toy sword.

Arthas' armor is a perfect example for armors as his armor designs is getting also a lot of hate in the internet, to no surprises at all.
    Seriously, they are making Arthas' armor look like Varian's WoW armor, which sooooooooooo ridiculously looking in all these years in WoW.

Seriously, look at Varian in WoW. He looks like a freaking blue-boy Megaman with a weird glowing sword. Dont get me wrong, I do love Megaman in terms other games outside of Blizzard, but it just looks ridiculous having an armor worn to be as a reflection of a sci-fi blue boy Megaman in a medieval fantasy story game.

6) Demons

This may be a small thing for a detail but, I hope they retain the TAILS ON DEMONS.

Dreadlords, Pit Lords, Doom Guards, Hellhounds, Eredar Warlocks (such as Archimonde and Kil'jaeden themselves), etc; majority of the demons in WC3 have tails, making them look more of real scary beastly demons.

In a much better graphics, the demon designs of WC3 would mostly beat the design of the BALROG in the LOTR movie and probably even fit onto a horror supernatural movie.

In terms of a general appearance, it would be better if they retain the tails on demons as it would appear more closely as to what Satan himself would look like. Just pure scary looking, evil, and powerful creatures from the underworld.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018