1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 2, 2018.

1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think many current Warcraft III tilesets are just combinations of more. Some are totally different but many could just be replaced with (these) new ones.

2. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It is best to hope they don't change Sunken Ruins to WoW's new nonsense one...

3. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not sure what you mean with old as opposed to classic. To get the local changes of Reforged, you have to buy it. And, of course, someone might prefer the old style and therefore revert. Blizzard indicated you will just have to flip a switch in graphics options, so maybe you will even be able to do it midgame. I would find it funny/interesting to compare them.

4. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey i think wc3 sunken ruins is awesome .Tiles that are unique and iconic, and should be faitfull to original at least 99,99% are :

Sunken Ruins Large Bricks,Small Bricks and Round tiles, North Ice (Most epic tileset ever), Blight ground (for undead ,Most epic tileset ever) , Barrens Cracks, and Barrens Cliff -most epic and unique !!!

I also like very much : Cave/Underground crack bricks and lava cracks,Outland Flatstones and Rough Dirt, Ashenvale/Lord rock and ashen leaves i hope they rmk it very awesome.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  5. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    IT’S STILL ALPHA.
    (for that campaign complain)

6. Whisper

Whisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    From all of the Wc3 RoC campaign missions they had to show us the most boring one.
    My god that mission was so fucking bad and boring.

I hope that all the things they showed us are pre-alpha and rushed. I think they just wanted to show us something.
    Arthas glued hair lol.

7. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:
    3) GAMEPLAY

As much as I love Warcraft 3 for years and years up to this day and forth, there is one part of the gameplay that just... sucks

The UPKEEP TAX thing... seriously, they MUST REMOVE THE UPKEEP GOLD TAX thing in the gameplay...

In Warcraft 2, upgrading the town halls gives the increasing effect of gold, lumber and oil collection BUT...
    In Warcraft 3 it became quite the opposite, and it seriously discourages and limits many players to build large armies for epic large scale war battles...
    And THAT SUCKS.

In most cases of gameplays within the limit of only 100 food population in TFT (90 for RoC), its kinda bit of a bummer that 1/4 or 1/3 of that population already goes to workers, instead of warriors being summoned...

Yeah, Blizzard should REMOVE THE UPKEEP GOLD TAX thing for the gameplay of Warcraft 3:Reforged

4) SKILLS/ABILITIES ANIMATIONS

Some animations from Warcraft 3 skills are so good that it should be as the same of how must it appear in Reforged (only in better graphics, of course), while some animations of abilities in WC3 needs to be changed in Reforge.

Examples:

Illidan/Demon Hunter's Metamorphosis skill animation SHOULD BE JUST HOW IT IS in Warcraft 3, with the cool dark energy ball morph thing, and that awesome growl voice within it upon transforming to and from A BLACK SEMI-FIERY DEMON FORM... THAT SHOULD STAY THE SAME as the animation for Metamorphosis in WC3: Reforged.
    And NOT like the lame Metamorphosis animation of DH in WoW, where DH simply jumps and instantly poof! demon form! tadaa! LOL

Grom/Blademaster's Bladestorm skill SHOULD BE CHANGED however in WC3:Reforged from how it was in Warcraft 3... They should use the cool looking animation of the Bladestorm in Heroes of the Storm, instead of retaining the old beyblade bladestorm animation in WC3.

8. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    Feels good to be 14 again!

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Storywise it's the most iconic one.
    And that's your opinion.

10. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    Significant, yes. Iconic? I would've picked either Blackrock & Roll, The Cult of The Damned or Frostmourne.

Tho, I may be a bit biased. A bit.

11. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I look forward to see how Capital City will look like in the remastered opening cinematic and later on in TFT. ;D

12. Whisper

Whisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blizzard should take at look how other developers made/are making awesome remasters:
    ex.:
    Crash N. Sane Trilogy (everything is same as in original but made from 0 with higher quality)
    Spyro Reignited Trylogy or MediEvil.

That's how you make remasters IMO.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Everything is just redone in HQ.

For now here's my Wc3R model rating:
    Peasant: 4/5
    Militia: 4/5
    Footman: 1/5
    Rifleman: 5/5
    Knight: 3/5
    Jania: 5/5
    Arthas: 2/5
    Uther: 3/5
    Grunt: 5/5
    Dradlord: 2/5
    Ghoul: 1/5
    Abo: 4/5

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  13. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just hope and pray that the "Classic" Team of Blizzard is not called classic for nothing...

Warcraft 3: Reforged is a remaster of Warcraft 3. A Warcraft game, NOT a WoW game, and NOT a Hearthstone game either.

Warcraft is not WoW, and WoW is not Warcraft. And that's that...

Out of everyone's concerns and feedbacks with regards to the aspects of the game; designs of character models, armors, or weapons of certain units, the gameplay, the controls, the map making editor, and most important of all, the lore/story...

I just wish that WC3: Reforged will STAY TRUE in the majority of its aspects as it is in the original Warcraft 3, especially the lore/story.

Veteran Warcraft 1, 2, 3 fans, such as myself, who dreamed of a Warcraft 4 all these years didnt got it, but instead we have this remaster of WC3.
    Its all cool... so long as the word REFORGED term is indeed a REMASTER of the Warcraft 3 game,
    and NOT as "Retcon = Ruin Warcraft 3 just to fit it with WoW" game.

Dont know if these feedbacks will even be read by the Blizzard guys who are developing Reforged or if they will even care, but I hope they do, at least...

14. Whisper

Whisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    If Blizzard wont react to community in 2-3 weeks then it will mean that they have our feedback in ass...

15. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Guys, relax. The fact that we're getting a remaster of a 16-year-old RTS game is a small miracle in itself. Let Blizzard do their jobs and don't crucify them before you've seen the product. Everything you've seen so far is early alpha. A lot can change before release, and even if you don't like what it ends up becoming there's nothing to stop you from just playing the old game. Enough with the entitlement already.

16. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Jeez… calm down. Have some respect for the developers.

17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You realize, it's the fans that kept this game alive for so many years.

18. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I never claimed otherwise. I've been part of the WC3 modding scene for over 14 years, I know what the fans have done for this game. I still think people could voice their concerns and feedback in a less entitled manner. We're not "owed" this. Blizzard didn't have to remaster their classics. They could just as well have spent their resources developing new IPs, but they've chosen to remaster the old games that we know and love. I would think that this would be met with more enthusiasm than we've seen here.

19. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I mean that is a fact for sure but it is just toxicity people even wants to stop Blizzard from making HD models (so trying to make them abandon the project because the reason for 'remake' is having nice graphics) , they wont do everything as everyone wished , but I'm kinda sure they'll check feedback and I'm sure they won't go crazy with retcons\concept changes both lorewise and visually

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I feel sorry for the ill-mannered. We always have to find common ground. That's why we discuss in the first place. Frankly, they would not have did any remaking if this hadn't been a trend with games and movies alike. It works, financially. Also, if the modding community wouldn't have been a thing, melee alone would not have saved it that much compared to South Korea's Brood War scene.
    The point I'm making is that they should listen to the community and implement as much as they can into Reforged to make most people happy (from all camps).

So, we owe them for the game and they owe us for longevity.