• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 patch 1.21b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but they are easilier to find bugs etc. than Jass because you can write a lot of lines and do a single mistake which will ruin the whole trigger. That doesn't count in GUI unless you are dumb.
But it is true that Jass is superior compaired with GUI.

That's what JassCraft is for ;)

Level 1
Need Help lol

Now this may be a bit late to ask for help concerning updating my version to 1.21b, but I have been playing Warcraft III TFT recently so I was unaware.
Anyway my problem is that when I tryed to run the 1.21a to 1.21b Upgrade Patch it gave me this:

Blizzard PrePatch v2.70 compiled on Jul 7 2003
This program patches Warcraft 3

Log created at 9:23 pm on 02/18/2008

Registry error loading key 'Warcraft III\InstallPath'
The system cannot find the file specified.

RESULT: Prepatch failed.

So I decided to run the 1.21b Full patch and gave me the same thing. I am currently running Warcraft III TFT on 1.21a using Daemon Tools. If you are able to, please help me with my problem.

Level 22
Yes, CloneCD (a burning prog) is capable of making CDs that can be read as original. But that's only if you do CD to CD copy using the game protected mode. If you create an image on ur HDD and then try to burn from that image it won't work, it will ask for a CD. I.e your image on the HDD still has the 'original recognition' data but it doesn't copy on the new CD when image to CD is made. So Daemon tools uses this image to mount it and once you do it, you can autoplay it, install, uninstall etc. But for war3 it's great because this patch makes it much faster than waiting for an image to load (which still takes some time), the new patch makes it instantly.

Level 15
Registry error loading key 'Warcraft III\InstallPath'
The system cannot find the file specified.
It sounds as if either some registry keys are incorrect or corrupted, or your Warcraft 3 install directory is moved or deleted.

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, then visit Battle.net to automatically download the incremental patch or download a full TFT 1.21b update patch.

Level 1
Um yea..

I would gladly uninstall and reinstall it but there's only one problem. I don't have the disc anymore. It's long gone. All I did was copy the program folder, copy it to my computer, install DAEMON Tools, mounted the image and it worked. So what should I do? should I try deleting it then re-copy it back or is there a way to fix the error i got (mainly the file InstallPath) ?

Level 15
I would gladly uninstall and reinstall it but there's only one problem. I don't have the disc anymore. It's long gone. All I did was copy the program folder, copy it to my computer, install DAEMON Tools, mounted the image and it worked. So what should I do? should I try deleting it then re-copy it back or is there a way to fix the error i got (mainly the file InstallPath) ?
Can you reinstall from your disc image that you mounted with daemon tools?

Level 6
They are only registry settings, and it'll be easy to add them. BTW, I knew this trick LONG before that video was ever made.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is for Windows XP Home, and I believe for any XP version. I do believe that Vista has a different syntax. DO NOT USE THIS IF YOU USE VISTA.

Open up notepad. Inside of if you need to write the following, replacing "C:\\Program Files\\Warcraft III" with the location of your installation if needed.
JASS:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III]
"InstallPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Warcraft III"
"InstallPathX"="C:\\Program Files\\Warcraft III"
"Program"="C:\\Program Files\\Warcraft III\Warcraft III.exe"
"ProgramX"="C:\\Program Files\\Warcraft III\\Frozen Throne.exe"
Save it as a .reg file. Double-click the reg file when done and whala! It should patch.

Level 8
You all don't seem to notice another feature of this patch. Earlier you could not save the map or campaign while playing custom music files whereas with Patch 1.21b, you can save it. Maybe, it was playing music directly from the archives and the map or campaign and now, it loads the music completely into the RAM before playing it.

Last edited:
Level 8
1) I doubt a new patch will ever come out.

2) False hope for Naga ftw!

January 29th, 2008 - Today, the eSports Team is meeting with Rob Pardo, (Senior Vice President of Game Design), and Chris Sigaty, (Lead Producer of StarCraft II), Dustin Browder (Lead Designer of StarCraft II),and David Kim (Balance Designer of StarCraft II) for the second round of discussions on the balance changes that will happen for Patch 1.22. Many of the balance changes mentioned by both professional eSports players and the community alike, such as 'nerfs' to Human Guard Tower repair rates are on the top of the balance list for these rounds of discussion...

February 14th, 2008 - The Dev Team will be shifting the testing of Patch 1.22 to a test Battle.net server, inviting various feedback perspectives on these final changes.

February 29th, 2008 - I appreciate the patience of the community and the patch is still in testing. The patch is being worked on at its fastest pace and no amount of spam or unconstructive posts on the forums will speed up that process. I know the process has been lengthy, but at this point, it is up to the developers to create a solid patch that will improve the Warcraft III experience. When they have updates on that process, I will let you know.

Level 8
I have news guys.
March 4th, 2008 - The Dev Team is preparing to send invites to the professional Warcraft 3 players to test out the patch on a test server. If the feedback is positive, we will have the patch out on public servers shortly after that.

Level 8
Stop acting stupid, it's not funny.

Pro WC3 Player = Ladder players

Since the patches only fix melee (and not dota or any other custom games)

Level 15
I am sure there are actually very few pro players on Battle.net as nearly all people don't get paid for playing nor is it their profession.

Level 1
update help

when i try to update the game it says "unable to find a file required for patching:
C:\documentandsetting\yousername\desktop\war3.mpq

how do i fix this???:witch_doc_sad:

Level 32
when i try to update the game it says "unable to find a file required for patching:
C:\documentandsetting\yousername\desktop\war3.mpq

how do i fix this???:witch_doc_sad:

• Since this is not a bug related to The Hive Workshop, but rather to Blizzard's recent patch, lets merge this thread into the existing discussion so that you can review all the current information.

• I'd suspect that there's a problem with your original installation of Warcraft III. By default, Warcraft III is installed in: C\Warcraft III. That's where one should browse to find the file war3.mpq. Try reinstalling both RoC and TFT, then reapplying the patch.

• [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=360"]
    peonforum.gif
    Very first post blaze3339? !ntroduce yourself to The Hive![/self]
<!-- Thread merged from Bug Report Forum -->

• I'd suspect that there's a problem with your original installation of Warcraft III. By default, Warcraft III is installed in: C\Warcraft III. That's where one should browse to find the file war3.mpq. Try reinstalling both RoC and TFT, then reapplying the patch.

• I'm pretty sure it's C:\Program Files\Warcraft III. Unless the US' version is different.

Level 8
March 19th, 2008- The Dev Team is now preparing test servers with the patch that will be available for testing by the public. In order to jump on these servers, you will have to upgrade your version of the game to the test patch. Upon completion of the testing on the public test server, those participating will have to downgrade their version of the game back to the latest retail patch. We will also be using Battle.net forums to gather feedback and bug reports from the community. Exact location of this forum is still to be determined.

Level 12
Wait a sec

Theres another path!?!?!?

I just got the v1.21b, gotta say it's f*ckin sick, I can play my wc3 from a flashdrive!!!

I'm gonna see if I can play wc3 in school when break is over

So they have made a new patch???

Status
Not open for further replies.