• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Warcraft 3 MMO - Persistent Gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
This looks very nice! Just downloaded .exe, I have been killing bandits and got a drop but when I pick them it says item 1 or 2 was picked up and can't see what was it. Is there a command to see ur inventory or something?

Level 1
Oh my god this is amazing! \o/

Please, keep up with the updates and keep informing us; I hope you know what you've gotten yourself into and are ready to make a proper RPG. >;)

Hell yes this is exciting. Thank you!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
when i try it it says that my pc can be in danger if i use it
Probably due to the way sharpcraft and other game modifications work. They modify game code and data which is common practice of malware. However you must remember that the intent is for the game to be modified, that is how the extra functionality is added, as such one can view it as a false positive. Basically it works like malware but does exactly and only what it is intended to do so is not malware.

Level 11
This sounds absolutly awesome! The first person i think off who should join this is ApProject, he makes godlike terrain. Look up maps like Iceborn. Though I have no idea if he is still active or would be interested but if i were you i would send him a pm :D

Good luck with project!

Level 2
It seems that launcher tries to read natives according to InstallPath register entry rather than path written in launcher, because if InstallPath leads to 1.26 version - debugger gives a "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error on natives load.

Also after some time characters no longer load. Map does tho, but you cant do anything because there is no character. And there is no way to delete them.

Last edited:
Level 8
Looks awesome!

But how do i switch between maps?I walked up to cave and it said

Failed to switch map ,error ID: 1

Do i need to download some maps?Or use some commands?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: nvm i downloaded mmo2.

But how can i switch to any other custom map?Is it yet possible?

Last edited:
Level 2
^the 2 maps you can switch to are all thats in the game right now, no content really, just possible to see that it works I guess
Can't wait til it does have content tho!

Level 6
I tested it and I grin now for about 20 min just because of the awesomeness of this project:)
But I wonder what happens when I change say the terrain in my local map and walk to an area that couldn't be entered in the original map will I desync with the server or is there any security system that prevent this?

Just Awesome keep on!

But I wonder what happens when I change say the terrain in my local map and walk to an area that couldn't be entered in the original map will I desync with the server or is there any security system that prevent this?

Just Awesome keep on!

There will be some security measures against this, but currently there are none.

Is this open source? Regardless, these kind of ambitions wont get you far. You know about the EULA you agreed upon when installing Warcraft 3. Making a "MMORPG" is illegal and can provide serious consequences.

Not that long ago a popular WoW Vanilla server (Nostalrius) was shut down and owners sued.

This kind of thing is quite extraordinary for Warcraft 3. So what happened to your previous project WarCom? I personally preferred that one.

Last edited:
Is this open source?

No

Regardless, these kind of ambitions wont get you far. You know about the EULA you agreed upon when installing Warcraft 3. Making a "MMORPG" is illegal and can provide serious consequences.

There are countless other mods which modify the game files and code which are still up today and have never received a notice from Blizzard.

This includes an MMO type game featured on XGM.ru that was up for months in 2012ish.

Not that long ago a popular WoW Vanilla server (Nostalrius) was shut down and owners sued.

Yeah, because a WC3 mod is the equivalent of running a WoW private server.

I also don't think Blizzard gives a shit, but if they do I'll obviously stop working on it.

Until then the only thing this mod is doing is bringing more attention to Warcraft III and not taking any business away from Blizzard, unlike the private servers.

This kind of thing is quite extraordinary for Warcraft 3. So what happened to your previous project WarCom? I personally preferred that one.

I will release an open source multiplayer demo eventually.

Level 3
How? my plugins is in warcraft 3. Sharpcraft is installed. It always want me to locate wc3 when i open GameLauncher. Is it on regedit? is there something do i need to fix?

Attachments

• hmm.png
    hmm.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 129
How? my plugins is in warcraft 3. Sharpcraft is installed. It always want me to locate wc3 when i open GameLauncher. Is it on regedit? is there something do i need to fix?

The error shows that it's trying to load the plugins from "Warcraft IIIplugins" when it should obviously be "Warcraft III\plugins".

What does your settings tab look like? try adding a "\" to the end of the path if you set it manually

Still no updates buddy :(? low on time or what's happening

Updates coming soon, been busy

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Looks like an error message.

Level 1
May you share the Server Part of it? So i help you fix bugs as il try it on with my brother, were 2 good C sharp Scripters. Best regards. Been looking foward to do an MMoRTS with Over 100 Races available to play, an faction / guild system too.

[email protected]

Again thanks alot for your works.

Update.

---------------------------------

Game & Server
  • Can now gain EXP by killing enemies.
  • Can now view bag and equipment items through commands (temporary).
  • Game data such as item names are loaded from a local file.
  • Minor improvements.
Launcher - v1.0.0.7
  • Updated to install latest SharpCraft version.
  • Launcher updater improved.
Website

Level 2
when I updated the gamelauncher it forgot wc3 game location & 'find' button does nothing for now.
worked when i entered C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III manually tho
however I've been spawning in the game without control of my character the last few times I tried, not sure if disabled or just broken :p

Update.

I need someone who is a good terrainer/level designer to help me start designing the game. Feel free to let me know if anyone can help.

If anyone is still having issues not having control of their character, post here.

---------------------------------

Game & Server
  • Fixed a bug where item names would return "Failed".
Launcher - v1.0.0.8
  • Will now automatically install the newest SharpCraft version.
  • Now does a checksum against all files needed to run the game and downloads them if it doesn't match.
  • Bug fixes and improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.