• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need a code for an MMO system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I use VB.net in Visual Studio to make it. You can use c# too. Basically, you need to learn some cmd commands and learn how it works e.g. command to open other programs. Then you need the launcher app to execute that command when start/play button is pressed. To open the map directly from launcher you can use "start war3.exe -loadfile path\to\your_map.w3x". But frankly, such simple launcher program is completely unnecessary.

Making MMO is on completely different level. My map is not MMO neither. First, you need a server computer with good internet connection and have to stay up /all the time/, you can probably rent one server provider (whatever they call it) tho but you have to pay. Then you need Sharpcraft and create a networking plugin to allow your map communicate with your server. TriggerHappy must already have it somewhere in his program folder, you can probably use it. Then the server's task is to receive data sent from clients and transmit it to other clients in corresponding map area. I might be wrong on some parts here.

If that sounds so much, in reality, it's a lot more complicated.

Now I just read your conversations here. You must have a good coding fundamental to do it. And I believe TriggerHappy isn't making a system for public use, he's making it for his own game. Frankly, there is no way you can fully import the system to work with your map.
if anyone wants to do it i am happy

Status
Not open for further replies.