• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Warcraft 3 MMO - Persistent Gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
error.PNG

Download - Website

[9/9/2017 - Patch #8]

Game

• Character customization implemented. You can choose race, skin color, hair style, hair color, and facial hair.

I created a system which allows me to dynamically generate textures and apply them to units, as well as show/hide specific geosets. This allowed me to port over the character creation system (functionality) from WoW. I still need to adjust the scaling and animation timing for the models to make them fit the game better, and of course implement an equipment system. I also haven't finished implementing facial hair, currently it only changes the skin not the model.

Thanks to @MindWorX for finding the internal function responsible for the "War Club" ability, and @GhostWolf for helping me out with some model related stuff.

Q5Nex4W.png

Last edited:
Level 2
Download - Website

[9/9/2017 - Patch #8]

Game

• Character customization implemented. You can choose race, skin color, hair style, hair color, and facial hair.

I created a system which allows me to dynamically generate textures and apply them to units, as well as show/hide specific geosets. This allowed me to port over the character creation system (functionality) from WoW. I still need to adjust the scaling and animation timing for the models to make them fit the game better, and of course implement an equipment system. I also haven't finished implementing facial hair, currently it only changes the skin not the model.

Thanks to @MindWorX for finding the internal function responsible for the "War Club" ability, and @GhostWolf for helping me out with some model related stuff.

Q5Nex4W.png
How on earth is that even possible in a warcraft 3 engine? you are really a miracle worker!
Ohh and by the way this is a very important question:
what software or programming language do you use to interact with Warcraft 3 and can that work with any other game?

Last edited:
Level 17
i had 2 characters before the update, one human in slot 1 and ohne orc in slot 2. i deleted the orc in slot 2 and tried to create a new character (human) with the customization. However, i could not create the character, it gave me the message "slot is in use 1". i got back to the character menue and noticed that my first character got deleted too. then i tried to create a new character in slot 1, but again, same message. after that, i automatically logged out and couldnt logg in again.

i had 2 characters before the update, one human in slot 1 and ohne orc in slot 2. i deleted the orc in slot 2 and tried to create a new character (human) with the customization. However, i could not create the character, it gave me the message "slot is in use 1". i got back to the character menue and noticed that my first character got deleted too. then i tried to create a new character in slot 1, but again, same message. after that, i automatically logged out and couldnt logg in again.

There is an issue with the launcher and accounts with no characters. I'll fix up the launcher today.

In the meantime I created a dummy character for your account so you can login.

How on earth is that even possible in a warcraft 3 engine? you are really a miracle worker!
Ohh and by the way this is a very important question:
what software or programming language do you use to interact with Warcraft 3 and can that work with any other game?

I'm using mix of C++ and C#. MySQL for the database, and PHP for the web backend.

Level 2
Lol the models look great, they seem to be incomplete though, like I picked long hair but it gave me a bald guy, the rest seemed to be in order
Gonna need female characters too u know it xD

Level 21
I mean it's just graphics, but that's some next level stuff.

Needs more gameplay to attract the masses, then this could really explode i'm predicting.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
High resolution textures are a good way to increase model quality. As long as you can load them they should not make scenes any more computationally intensive to render. Not that terrain does not support high resolution textures (no mipmapping) so you might want to use static walkable models in the long term.

Level 2
so, it's like rexxar campaign, but with custom maps, custom scenario (i guess it will be implemented sometimes in the future?), custom hero(es), and with a mmorpg-like feature? wow, that's so cool! it's a concept i've dreamt since i was a kid xD unfortunately, i'm using mac os so i cant test this project :( but i would happy to see if there's any video or sceenshot about the current gameplay :3 anyway good luck, and keep updating!

Download - Website

[9/14/2017 - Patch #9]

• You may now choose a face when customizing your character.
  • Some facial hairs now affect the character model.
  • Updated Wizards HP to the correct value in the object editor.
  • Fixed character model running animations and scale.
The character customization system should be almost complete now, aside from some minor adjustments. Here's a closer look:

JF7qWPA.png

0Ie90t3.png

Download - Website

[9/16/2017 - Patch #10]

• Enemies now drop items on death.
  • Players can now equip items and they will appear on your character.
  • Players now have an inventory (default size is 20).
  • Temporary chat commands "-equip #", "-unequip #", and "-drop #" to control equipment.
  • Player items are temporarily displayed on a multiboard until a custom UI is implemented.

hf0syZq.png

Level 2
Also cant connect atm, but it worked fine earlier today, I guess you're updating it?

Anyway I was online earlier and awesome work on the models, so many equipment types too, way to go

Level 2
I downloaded the executable, was able to create a character and connect, but I can't see player's characters, only their equipment.
I had an error message about "Magick.NET-Q16-AnyCPU.dll" being missing. So I checked the files and only found Magick.NET-Q8-AnyCPU.dll

bug.png
So, it's half french half nonsense. But it says the file is missing.
Next to this, it tells me to change my Regedit, but I don't really know why.

Any idea why?

Download - Website

[9/21/2017 - Patch #11]

• The launcher no longer re-downloads all game files every update and will now only download the files that were changed.
  • Removed ImageMagick dependency which will significantly reduce the game size (over 50%, -12MB).
  • Generated character textures are now created in BLP instead of TGA.
  • Some hats/helmets will now show your facial hair, while others will hide it.
  • Attachments now disappear instantly when unequipping (they were given a Death animation).
  • Item drops are no longer at 100%.
  • Added test enemy "Ent", and replaced all of the default creep character models.

Level 5
anytime i start the game from the launcher it,it just open frozen throne and stick there ,it is about two week now i'm trying to make it work, update after update,i just dont know what to do after that, i'm using a 1.26 patch ,i correctly choosed the '1.26 warcraft exe' with the settings button on the launcher.

anytime i start the game from the launcher it,it just open frozen throne and stick there ,it is about two week now i'm trying to make it work, update after update,i just dont know what to do after that, i'm using a 1.26 patch ,i correctly choosed the '1.26 warcraft exe' with the settings button on the launcher.

Can you send me your "game\war3loader.txt"?

Also make sure you are selecting "war3.exe" for 1.26, not "Warcraft III.exe".

Level 2
I think you were updating something and because of that, when i went to the 2nd map, i got kicked and cant log-in on character any more (error code:3)
Also wolfs didn't attack me back
P.sure that reporting these bugs doesn't do much at this stage, pre-alpha, but there ya go

I have been busy the past few weeks and haven't had time to work on this. I will be getting back to development shortly.

Here's a screenshot of the pathing system where I use special effects to display the path. This was the latest feature I was working on.

oJ4gTi4.png

I think you were updating something and because of that, when i went to the 2nd map, i got kicked and cant log-in on character any more (error code:3)
Also wolfs didn't attack me back
P.sure that reporting these bugs doesn't do much at this stage, pre-alpha, but there ya go

It's a known bug that will be fixed with the next patch. If you crash while switching maps you get stuck in limbo. If you want your character unstuck in the meantime I can manually do it.

Level 13
Do you have any plans of making your project open source? Specifically the server-to-client functionality.

Last edited:
Level 1
Hello!

i installed it it downloaded some files , created an account and character
But when i start game .. it remains in the main menu of warcraft

What should i do ?

Level 2
Your PC is missing the Visual C++ redist package.

The server is offline anyway. This project is on hold until I decide what patches to support and see where Blizzard is heading with the game.

One more question, i already solved the MSVCP140.dll is missing error, and i have one more problem,
There is a bad image error when i pressed play and i tried running the Launcher as administrator and it still says it. (im from Philippines)

Level 1
It looks great, but still active? I had thought the same idea but I was going to make it work through an online map like any game and from there the players could move to other maps (the typical idea of the rexxar campaign)

edit:i cant register, it say error captcha failed :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.