• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
So they worked on this for 2 years already.
As far as I understand it right with a team of like 5 people?
Let's say you get like 1000 dollars a month. That means 80000 dollar provides them a safe income for up to 16 months. Quite some time if you ask me.
But with an income like this, they could make this their jobs. If, they don't quit their jobs for so much money. Then where do they need so much for?
All I can think of is that the 80k is to replace their job incomes so they can work harder on it or something...

Level 24
So they worked on this for 2 years already.
As far as I understand it right with a team of like 5 people?
Let's say you get like 1000 dollars a month. That means 80000 dollar provides them a safe income for up to 16 months. Quite some time if you ask me.
But with an income like this, they could make this their jobs. If, they don't quit their jobs for so much money. Then where do they need so much for?
All I can think of is that the 80k is to replace their job incomes so they can work harder on it or something...
1000 dollars a month... that's way below minimum wage for a full-time gig in the civilized world, is it not?

Level 19
1000 dollars a month doesnt look to bad on a job you do at home while 'playing' a video game. I mean. It's not that they create a badass game. They're just making a mod.

Not sure about the minimum wage, but I don't think 1000 dollars is below it right?

Level 17
AFAIK, the minimum wage in USA is set per hour ergo considering you work full-time 20 days a month, 8 hours a day at the minimum hourly wage set by federal law (which is $7.25) you should make a minimum of $1160 a month.
In my country the US minimum wage would be way above ours average monthly salary for most jobs with the exception of high-profile positions such as software developers, architects, doctors and executives.

Status
Not open for further replies.