War3 Model Editor

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It meets all expectations and excels in every regard.
This Model Editor is not made by me, but is made by Magos.

War3 Model Editor is as the name suggests a Model Viewer and a Model Editor dedicated to Warcraft 3. It supports both loading and saving of .mdl and .mdx model formats which are used in Warcraft 3. It also supports .bmp, .tga, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .pcx and .blp texture formats.

There is a buildt-in MPQ Browser that allows you to browse any MPQ archive, which also includes Warcraft 3 map files (.w3m and .w3x). The MPQ Browser has been optimized for speed and is very fast to load and use. The Browser is customizable so you can add/remove your own icons and filters.

Features

* Model Viewer
* Model Editor
* Geoset Importing/Exporting
* Can save/load the model formats *.mdl and *.mdx
* Can save/load the texture formats .bmp, .tga, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .pcx and .blp
* Can import other model formats (importers stored in DLLs)
* Ability to convert between the model formats
* Ability to convert between the texture formats
* MPQ Browser (very fast loading)
* Support for custom listfiles
* Support for custom MPQ filters & icons

Extras

* Loading Screen Creator
* A tool to create colored text for Warcraft 3

Supported Importers

* md2 (Quake 2)
* ms3d (Milkshape)

{UPDATE}
Hey people, it's Rui. I have updated the tool to v1.07 and added some keywords for searching. Enjoy!

Keywords:
warcraft, 3, III, magos, editor, model, war3, wc3
Contents

War3 Model Editor (Binary)

Reviews
PurplePoot: Approved for extreme usefulness, whether as a mapper or a modeler.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 35
Because who would even care to read it?

Here are the search results when one types 'd3dx9_35' for this thread
Search Results for Query: d3dx9_35 | HIVE

... and here are the ones for '0xc000007b':
Search Results for Query: 0xc000007b | HIVE
... which ofc should never happen, unless one copies directly the wrong dlls from somewhere
I'm not sure what you mean. AFAIK people always read the first post and/or page (even if only to make sure the question they're asking (i.e. the reason they came to that thread in the first place) is being asked/answered). So a Pinned post of an edited first post would, I imagine, be read all the time.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 35
All I'm saying is, if a moderator were to edit the resource & append a short explanation & link to the proper info on fixing that problem (especially right at the top), I think most people would see that & have their question answered.

And those that *didn't* could simply be redirected to the first post, rather than having to copy/paste the explanation *all over again*.

Here's another angle: what do we lose?? I've pointed out the ways in which we gain (even if they are arguably marginal). What possible harm is there in doing so?

pyf

pyf

Level 30
It would still not work. People do not care to read the software requirements of what they want to use. Applies to WC3 maps and campaigns too, btw.

[...] AFAIK people always read the first post and/or page (even if only to make sure the question they're asking (i.e. the reason they came to that thread in the first place) is being asked/answered). So a Pinned post of an edited first post would, I imagine, be read all the time.
First correct answer given on page 1 in 2007 (post #6), immediately followed by post #7
First correct and full answer (with working link) given on page 2, post #23, also in 2007.

This is what I personally recommend to do, to prevent almost all errors related to missing Microsoft components / files, on modern OSes. Those are the *basics*.

(note: I did not mention .NET Core, nor PowerShell 7)