• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Strategy / Risk] War of the Clans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Wulzir , the ancient shaman of Farbrias , the last shaman who use power of ice :
Frozen Shock (create a wave of ice who damage enemy units in a line )
Ice Heart (all enemy units around are hero freeze for a set time )
Frost aura (decrese enemy units attack speed and damage )
Ultimate : Call of the Ancients ( the shaman summon a giant wendigo )

New Updates ^_^

[Terrain Update 7]
WC3ScrnShot_100514_115526_02.png
WC3ScrnShot_100514_121118_04.png

Cinematic Previews :D
You might want to attach these screenshots to the front page :D
WC3ScrnShot_100514_122712_05.png
WC3ScrnShot_100514_122724_06.png
WC3ScrnShot_100514_123220_09.png

Last edited:
Nice job, Stryder. :thumbs_up:
-----------------------------
I'll try something icy.

Q - Stalagmite
Summons a bolt of ice from underground upwards, dealing 100/150/200/250 damage to enemies in a small area and knocking them into the air for 0.5 seconds.

W - Frost Crown
(Autocast) Target an ally to increase its armor by 3/4/5 and damage enemies in front of it by 20/35/50/65 per second for 6 seconds.

E - Ice Field
Target an area to slow enemies inside it by 30/35/40/45% and reduce their magic resist by 8/12/16/20%.

R - Orbs of Frost
Bombards the Frost Caller's facing with 6 orbs of frost, each dealing 65/80 damage in a small area when they hit an enemy.

Level 28
If terrain and basic imports take more than 7.5mb then sadly we will have no other option left.

Since this is an altered melee that is boasting how great it will be then I'm assuming that almost all units are custom made with custom icons right?

Go ahead and ask Stryder about the status of the map's filesize now. I'm very sure he is using the map from xgm that is about 5mb.

@Stryder

If you're reading this and what I said is true. Please be notify that the Dark Grass tile has a bug. It has some visible alpha channel that looks ridiculously ugly in-game. Either fix it or do what I did on my "In the End" melee map where I just place over something above the alphas.

Anyway, the overall terrain so far looks good. Specially love those cinematic snaps.

Level 10
Currently the map have 900 doodads, 20 units placed ,53 imported doodads , 3 imported tiles , and the map filesize is just 1500kb :)

@sonofjay This was his previous comment. I know that he's using xgm map, it was obvious from the start, but xgm map isn't playable, War of the Clans is.

@Mythic Yeah, I guess it's more like Strategy/Risk category right now, but it doesn't really matter.

Level 28
Currently the map have 900 doodads, 20 units placed ,53 imported doodads , 3 imported tiles , and the map filesize is just 1500kb :)

Seems that he only took the needed stuffs from that map and since I don't see the tile that I'm talking about on his terrain screen snaps then I think there is nothing to worry about.

Keep it up, this is really interesting. The last time I was interested on large altered melee map was still the days of Evolution of Races. I hope this one will be more organize, polish, balance and enjoyable.

Level 12
Maybe this Dairedo , ancient shaman :
Mend (heal nearby friendly units )
Fury Totem (the shaman place a totem on the ground who decrese enemy units movement and attack speed )
Nature conection (increse the shaman mana regeneration )
ultimate : Ancient Recall (summon an ancient tree to crush your enemy units )

Level 10
Since the Shaman is a Healer type, here's a few abilities.

Purification- Active - Remove debuffs and heals the friendly target Y hp for X seconds. (This is a slow heal)

Purge - Active - Instantly damages a target for X hp.

Earthliving Weapon - Active - Imbue the Shaman's weapon with earthen life. Heal by A and gives each heal up to a X% chance to trigger the Earthliving effect on the target, healing an additional Y over Z seconds.

Summon Spirits - Ultimate - Summons two spirits, one of them heals, and one of them damages.
They last for X seconds or until killed.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Since the Shaman is a Healer type, here's a few abilities.

Purification- Active - Remove debuffs and heals the friendly target Y hp for X seconds. (This is a slow heal)

Purge - Active - Instantly damages a target for X hp.

Earthliving Weapon - Active - Imbue the Shaman's weapon with earthen life. Heal by A and gives each heal up to a X% chance to trigger the Earthliving effect on the target, healing an additional Y over Z seconds.

Summon Spirits - Ultimate - Summons two spirits, one of them heals, and one of them damages.

I think you got the basics. However I feel like you could add some fun mechanics to them. Note that I bother to edit because I like the idea, and not the other way around.

Purification- Active - Remove debuffs and heals the friendly target Y hp for X seconds. (This is a slow heal) the heal is doubled if the spell successfully dispels a debuff.

Purge - Active - Instantly damages a target for X hp + X% of the casters maximum mana.

Summon Spirits - Ultimate - Summons two spirits, one of them heals, and one of them damages. If the two spirits are within X range of each other the damge/healing is increased by 20%

Shamanic Guardian
Special Ability - Change Stance
(Restoration, Elemental, Enhancement) Changes the Guardian's stance, which affects your abilities.

Q - Summon Totem
Lasts up to 8 seconds, 200/275/350 health.
Restoration: A totem that heals 22.5/30/37.5/45 health per second.
Elemental: A totem that deals 25/32.5/40/47.5 damage per second.
Enhancement: A totem that gives nearby allies 10/15/20/25% damage.

W - Blood Rage
Increases the attack speed of allies in an area by 15/25/35/45% for 5 seconds.

E - Stance Aura
Restoration: Nearby allies' armor is increased by 17.5/25/32.5/40%.
Elemental: Nearby enemies' armor is decreased by 17.5/25/32.5/40%.
Enhancement: Nearby allies' movement is increased by 10/15/20/25%.

R - Spirit Assault
Sends a wave of spirits striking enemies in a line, dealing 150/275 base damage and knocking them inwards.
Restoration: Deducts 10% max hp from enemies.
Elemental: Stuns enemies for 1.5 seconds.
Enhancement: Reduces enemies' damage output by 15% for 3 seconds.

Level 10
Interesting guys, everyone. We will try to select the best ideas and merge/replace the existing ones. How about Spirit Walker?

Spirit Walker communicates with spirits of his ancestors to grant him and his brethren their strength. Maybe we can rename him on Spirit-talker or if you have better ideas.

Level 10
Nah, Spirit walker is better.
Here's a few spells..

Soulflay - Active - The Spirit Walker puts a mark on an enemy, reducing enemy's armor and speed by X%, and grant's the sight of the enemy for Y seconds.

Guardian's Aura - Passive - All nearby friendly targets have an increased defense of X% and health regeneration of Y%

Oath of Spirits - Active - Can bring X non-hero units back to life if they have died recently. X= (1/2/3)

Ancestor's Calling - Ultimate - Summons a battalion of ancestors, who fight against the Spirit walker's enemies for X seconds. Lasts until killed or time runs out.

Level 12
Maybe this , Boreas SpiritStalker :
Etheral Form (similar with bladesmaster windwalk ) ,
Recall (summon a lizard spirit ) ,
Spirits Bleesing (with every enemy units killed by Boreas , increse mana and life pool , a passive ability )
ultimate : Secret of the Ancients Gods (similar with pandaren ultimate , Boreas split up in 3 spirites : Fire spirit , Water spirit and Lightning spirits )

@Stryder

If you're reading this and what I said is true. Please be notify that the Dark Grass tile has a bug. It has some visible alpha channel that looks ridiculously ugly in-game. Either fix it or do what I did on my "In the End" melee map where I just place over something above the alphas.

Anyway, the overall terrain so far looks good. Specially love those cinematic snaps.

Aaaaa yes i am aware of the problem...
WC3ScrnShot_100514_210335_01.png

that's why i mixed it with blizzard's grass ^_^
WC3ScrnShot_100514_211528_01.png

Level 10
Etheral Form is like normal blademaster invisibility and many agility heroes are using it. Recall is a standart summon, but i dont understand why you put Lizard Spirit there. Spirit Blessing seems to be overpowered, Ultimate doesnt really suit him either.

You should imagine Spirit Walker as an old orc dude, which can speak to spirits of the dead. The spirits help him to overcome danger, but not really harm anyone. I doubt his ancestor was a lizard or a lightning bolt if you know what i mean :)

Yeah and btw, that Shaman of yours was pretty decent. Good job everyone.

Level 12
Try again Boreas SpiritStalker :
Spirits song ( a wave attack , release a wave attack who confuse enemy in a line )
Future Shock (Boreas by chaneling the ancients spirites , he can see in future , he can see enemy waves etc )
Ancients rituals (this passive ability increse Boreas movement and attack speed by the number of nearby friendly units )
ultimate : Soul Exchange (Boreas leave his body and in his body come a powerful ancient warrior , receive double attack damage and and some hp bonus points )

Spirit Walker

Q - Spirit Mark
Places a mark on a target for 5s. During that period, attack against it deal 30/42/55/67% area damage.

W - Soul Rage
Slows enemies in an area by 20/30/40/50%. Increases the Spirit Walker's attack speed by 10/20/30/40% against slowed enemies.

E - Ancestral Warrior
Summons an agile melee Ancestral Warrior for 8 seconds that shares benefits from Spirit Mark and Soul Rage.

Armor: 1/2/2/3; Heavy
Attack: 25/35/45/55
Health: 300/375/450/525
Movement: 320/330/340/350

R - Spiritbreak Aura
Nearby allies deal up to 45/65% bonus damage based on how low on health their target is.

Level 10
I revamped previous Modes to concentrate on each clan's special features, but sadly no big progress in that point. Mostly we worked on Heroes, their abilities and story, then we added some systems like control points and defence mechanism.

Status
Not open for further replies.