• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Want to help? Apply here.

Level 2
help

As far as I know my dialogue skills are excellent. I would love to edit your original dialogue, make various checks on your grammar and sentence structure, or create new dialogue if you want me to. And count me in for the beta testing.:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 8
Kjiverx has already handled the dialogue, but I'd be happy to put you down for beta, after about 4. And wow, your first post is in my forums, I'm proud :).

Here's the roster as is now, since I have neglected it:

Killer_Mushroom - Terrain
Wolverabid - Beta Tester
PrinceofIce - Beta Tester
The_Guy_Who_Needs_Help - possible Beta Tester (not sure if I tried to confirm)
Fangaoman2000 - possible Beta Tester
Kjiverx -Dialogue Editor

Also, Killer_Mushroom seems to have vanished... if I cant get any contact with him/her soon, I may need to search for another terrainer *cries a little inside*.

[Edit to avoid Double Post]

I feel I've given Killer_Mushroom sufficient time to respond if possible, but as it seems he's not coming back the position for Terrainer is opened again. If interested, post a sample (pic or map) in this thread of a swampy/foresty terrain. Keeping in mind the project is made to be playable online/LAN, so filesize of custom doodads should be thought over.

Level 6
i could help with texturing-art, and maybe some terrain and simple model edits

Level 4
This is my first post ina VERY VERY VERY long time. I'd like to help on some project in anyway I can. And this seemed as good a place to start as any. Unfortunately the only availiable spot is terrainer, and I'm not good at that.

If there's anything I can help with just ask.

mew77

Level 8
mato, I'm not sure from your post, but if you're offering to try for terrainer I'd love a sample. Info at end of this post.

mew77, If I find that there's something else I could use a hand with, I'll let ya know.

Anyway,
I'd like to restate that a Terrainer is the final big thing I need to get this project ready. So I'll be specific on what I'm after and hopefully someone will wonder in.

Terrainer would work at it's own pace, no solid deadline. There are three area's that need reterraining: A Beachside Jungle, an Autumn-seasoned Forest, A Sunny Valley/Meadow (areas are roughly the size of a small/medium to medium map).
If perfered, Terrainer need only apply for 1 area. Another Terrainer(s) could be looked for aftwerwards for any remaining area(s).
Custom doodads are permitted, however filesize is a factor. Roughly 1.5mb total is free if any are needed.
Terrain must be playable, and follow the same (or similar) pathing as the current terrain, but not neccessarilly in the same layout (eg, replacing a section of trees with a river or cliff).
WIPS encouraged but not needed. Should be able to take comments or suggestions without feeling offended (I always try to avoid offending people, but if you are easilly offended you might want to pass).
I'll provide the area to edit for you once things are arranged.

If you are interested, or know someone who is interested, please contact me either through PM or in this thread (I would need a quick sample of a somewhat similarly themed terrain before I make any decision. Nothing big, just something to show your style).

Last edited:
Level 8
Some of those look quite good, Mabus, but they seem a bit heavy on the doodads to me. . . reackon I could get a sample to see what you can do without many doodads?
EDIT: Just to clarify, I've got the doodad limit on my mind. I don't remember how high it is, but it doesnt look like it would take that amount throughout.

Level 34
If you still require a terrainer I would be glad to help if you think I'm good enough.
One draw back, I don't have a ton of free time. Although exams are done in a couple weeks. After that time should open up a lot.

Level 8
I'd actually checked out you're showcase recently, Gilles, while hunting for a terrainer. You were one of the people that looked good to me. I'd still like to hear back from Mabus, but I'd be glad to have you onboard for at least one of the stages (judging from your showcase, I'd say 'Beachside Jungle' would be great). Just let me know when/if you're ready, I'm fine to wait :wink:.

Level 8
Right, right, lemme think :gg:...
For sample purposes, let's say...500 doodads on 32x32?
What is the doodad limit on normal maps anyway?

EDIT: 8192 doodads it seems. So that means (if sorted evenly) 2450 doodads per level at most, but I'll look around and see if I can find something to increase that limit.

Last edited:
Level 2
alright, well i poked around with it a little bit, and made a little terrain w/ under 50 doodads, (49 :p) but i think it looks kinda... i duno, seems empty, but anyways.. http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x111/mabus00/?action=view&current=under50doodandsv2.jpg

i think i can do under 2000 per level w/ ease, i was just messing around with most of the screenshots on there, (experiments i guess) but if i know i have a limit ill start to monitor how many i use, i duno, but i think i wouldn't have a problem with it

Last edited:
Level 34
Not sure if you want to raise the doodad limit. It will probably just lag it. Just try and use good tile variation so you don't need as many doodads.

Glad to hear you already thought of me. :p
You seem to have Mabus though, and I'm pretty busy anyways.
If you do want me to do a beach terrain sometime I'd be glad to.

Level 2
Hmm. Hello there. I don't know if Voice Acting is required for this campaign but I'll give it a shot anyways.

I am a Voice Actor and I'll be glad to help if my services are needed here.

... Not to brag, but I have a large range of vocals and I can do ALMOST anything you throw at me. [Note ALMOST.]

... But in any case, if a Voice Actor's help is required, I'll be here to help out anytime.

Just PM me if you are considering in custom voices! :3

... Thank you!

P.S, I'm a male. Yeah. Just wanted to make sure. O:

Level 1
Hi, I feel im Up to the Challenege of become a Beta Tester if You Still need one, This Campaign Seems like its Gonna be a Hard and Challenging One so i can Report anything you Want me to Find on it so You know ill be gladly to Spend most of my Time Beta Testing if you Please.

Level 8
That would actually be a good idea, HappyTauren, I believe I'll play the wait and see game a little longer with Gilles, but I'll probably try that if the time comes. (I love the admins here, so helpful :grin:)

ArcticInferno, the details for terrainer are on the previous page, about 2/3 down. Custom doodads are allowed to a degree, but preferably should be kept minimal.

Level 3
If beta tester is still needed I could be one. I tried the demo and just saw how horribly imbalanced it was. I hope you buffed the shifters already^^ I had little expierience in terraining so I could make smaller things, I admit that Im not good. The best drawing expirience I have is MS Paint^^