1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Want to help? Apply here.

Discussion in 'Broken Dawn – The Elementals' started by Gauntlet2021, Apr 4, 2007.

1. PrinceofIce

PrinceofIce

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the update never been part of a project team and even being a Beta Tester is fun.Good luck on the map.

2. Kjiverx

Kjiverx

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd like to help but i have no real skill with the editor. i could maybe do some dialog or betatest.

Yes, this is my first post. You motivated me sufficiently to finally register. woohoo.

3. Gath_Stormer

Gath_Stormer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Kjiverx your new like me nice to meet another person like me!! Anyway i can beta test and i am good at thinking up storylines and stuff like that + I would love to help with your map in any other way that i can and cant think of now.

4. Gauntlet2021

Gauntlet2021

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    xXMephistoXx : As far as I can tell so far extra models arn't neccessary, but this could change.
    Kjiverx and Gath_stormer: I'll get back to you on the beta testing position, and welcome to the hive :)

I'm having some slightly serious problems with my PC atm, so other than Killer_Mushrooms terrain there's going to be a bit of a halt in my working the next few days. The problem is my D drive (the one that reads CD/DVDs) has mysteriously vanished, therefore I cant use anything that requires a CD/DVD. Doing a System Restore has fixed this before but only temporarily, if anyone knows how I can fix this problem it would be highly appreciated.

5. Kjiverx

Kjiverx

Resources:
    Resources:
    making .iso's of everything with a second computer and using daemontools would "fix" the not being able to read, but that's an absurd amount of work and pointless. I can make an example of my dialog-skill if given a setting

6. xXMephistoXx

xXMephistoXx

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Kk, Gauntlet2021. If you could use my help, just PM me. I do triggering (not Jazz), map making, simple modelling, skinning and iconing...:emote_razz:

7. Gath_Stormer

Gath_Stormer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know how to fix that problem its happened to me before. YOu have to shut the computer down and un plug it then plug it back in.

8. Kjiverx

Kjiverx

Resources:
    Resources:
    are you sure the drive is the problem? I've had cursed disks before. but that was on a mac (not mine), on a windows it's probably the drive i suppose. have you tried directly targetting the drive with the run command?

9. Gauntlet2021

Gauntlet2021

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It appears to be fixed now. The problem was that the drive was gone completelly, so no icon no reading no even registering that a D drive exsists.
    I've cleared all history, killed all temp files, uninstalled alot of stuff then proceeded to defragment everything along with virus and disk scans. . . it took time. But all fixed now (I hope).
    Back on Topic : Anyone interested in rewriting the dialogue that really needs fixing send me a PM and I'll send back a dialogue script for a single scene to see what you can do before deciding.

Also, there's only a few icons the project needs but when the need arises I'll post in this forum and see who raises their hand to try to make it.

Here's one: A passive ability for the Diabolist class causes a chance for flames to appear at the feet of the hero when it's hit. The flames proceed to burn enemies for about 10 seconds before fizzing out. The thought behind this is that flames emerge from the hero from the evil contained inside him/her once enraged.

10. Chaos Overlord

Chaos Overlord

Resources:
    Resources:
    IF you don't get a Dialouge Writer I would do it. I'm not sure how good you guys would think I can write but I'll take a crack at it if you need someone =)

11. Gath_Stormer

Gath_Stormer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh dialoge I can do that i am really good at it.

12. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    do you need a debugger and optimizer? when map is finished i could open code, fix it up, debug it, optimize map (delete useless trigger files)

13. Gauntlet2021

Gauntlet2021

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmm, I might but not sure yet. I'll keep that in mind.

14. The guy who needs help

The guy who needs help

Resources:
    Resources:
    i can do art and i can beta test
    see a sample of my work at the texturing competition

15. Kjiverx

Kjiverx

Resources:
    Resources:
    so... whose in? I sent you my dialogue thing a while ago.

16. Gauntlet2021

Gauntlet2021

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry been a bit busy latelly.
    I sent a dialogue thing to a few people who still havent responded, but from I got back it looks like you're the dialogue person. The ones who havent responded would probably be too busy now anyway. I've added you to the Team post and sig.

17. Gath_Stormer

Gath_Stormer

Resources:
    Resources:
    umm you forgot me you never sent me a dialogue

18. Kjiverx

Kjiverx

Resources:
    Resources:
    goody im the dialogue-r... or something. kjiverx@gmail.com is my e-mail, send stuff there
    (notice the obsession with "kjiverx"?)

19. Gath_Stormer

Gath_Stormer

Resources:
    Resources:
    still havent sent me the dialoge

20. Gauntlet2021

Gauntlet2021

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I though I did, you were one of the ones I still hdas unconfirmed... Sorry I'll send you one now though, dialogue fixing isnt iminent so there's still time.