• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Want to help? Apply here.

Level 8
If there's people out there who feel they can help along this project, feel free to offer here.

Right now this project needs
A Terrainer - Very Important!
Beta Testers - Which isn't neccessary now, but will be soon.
Artist(s) - Loading screen, minimap pick and icons, not too crucial but still an excellent touch.
Dialogue - Going to need someone to rewrite more natural dialogue sooner or later.

Edit: If you're after the Artist or Terrainer pos. please include a sample. Should have said before, sry.

Last edited:
Level 10
Ya ill help, ill be happy to help. I suppose im an Ok terrainer, and i can also make a script if you like i enjoy doing that also as far as i know im really good at it.

I can apply as a Terrainer or as a Dialog/script/storyline writer.

PM Me, or reply here.
If you need a sample of the terraining i can do, just ask ill be happy to make one.

Level 32
Broken Dawn – The Elementals

The project sounds interesting.

When you are ready for the beta test phase, count me in. I won't have much time to do terrain or icons for you, but I could probably help edit the dialog.

Can you set us up with some screen shots and techtree previews?

Level 8
Screenshots are out of the question right now, sorry.
I'd rather wait until the terrains fixed so the project isnt negetivelly judged. So basically, once an expert terrainer enters the picture there's alot more I can share publically (thats not spelt right is it...) :)

Level 10
I suppose i did not mean O.K terrain, its my personal opinion. I like getting creative with terrain's.

This is a quick, half-finished terrain sample. This is just an example, i can do better, if given more time. I hope this is enough, i am busy, doing different things. But if you need me to finish this terrain fully, i will do so as fast as i can. The story following is also a sample of storyline/plot design.

"Many thing's have happened long before the time of the modern world, man has stood his feet against the test of time. Forcing his way through evolution, and hundred's of year's of knowledege. Here, in one of the place's the modern hand has not touched. Rest's a tale of an ancient civilization, once ruled by glory, and faith. Now reduced to rubble by it's own lust for power. The Ter'tah people have long inhabited these land's, the thick forest's sheltered them from the weather, but also housed feared enemies, dangerous animals. But from what it had taken, nature had given back, providing fruit, leather, and other various food's and banquit's for the Ter'tah people. They're faith rested in the hand's of chosen one's, as they so belived have been "touched by the god's". But nature's biggest gift had been the sacred fall's of the north. It brought fish, weed's and plant's needed for remedies also drifted afloat the stream's of the fall's. It also brought the most important symbol, and resource for the people, bringer of life, Water. For many year's the Ter'tah people had worshipped the Fall's which they thought was ruled by the great god of water. Only the arch priest's and the chosen one may drink from the top of the fall's, the most sacred water's lied on the top. The rest of the people, mostly peasant's and guard's, would drink from the bottom, which seemed to suit them fine. Life seemed well for these water-worshipping people, untill one night, the 12th generation Chosen one (They live short live's) had claimed to see a vision. He had came to his people the following morning, claiming that the god's have spoken to him, and had decided he should be the next god of water, but first he has to tame the water, to prove his worth. The priest's have researched into this matter, saying there is no way the water could be tamed. But the Sacred one, blinded by the dream of owning an-imaginable power thrust their concern's away. He had his eye on the power, but to get it he had to plan, and so he did. For 124 day's he gathered resource's and had the most intelligent archetict's in his land to design and build a dam over the fall's, which he thought would stop the flow, proving he could tame the water. With a labour force of 1000 peasant's and 30 of the best archetict's he began the long process. After almost a year in labour, the dam had been built, a symbol to the glorious sacred one. But his pride did not last, soon the water on the bottom had evaporated and was washed away and used up, the peasant's could no longer get water as they pleased. The water back-flow had flooded the farming land's up north, destroying dozen's of village's from lack of food. The people did not stand for this, and after a month of excessive rioting of people with broken faith's, the dam suddenly collapsed one day, bringing the entire civilization to it's knee's, and destroying it utterly. Not much of the Ter'tah people remained, they had all drowned or fled. But the earth had preserved the ruin's of their land's, and once great dam. A symbol to man-kind, mother nature can not be tamed."

That was a mouth full....my finger's hurt.
-So ya, check the map out, read the story, i tried to relate the story as much as i could to the terrain. Again if you need the terrain to be finished just ask, or pm me.

Strange... the map didnt upload, should upload here.

Attachments

• Terrain Sample #1.w3x
    83.2 KB · Views: 218
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
Thriple post o_O.

As far as i know im only useful as a beta tester but i might be able to do a few simple skins if ya need some.With the skins im not promising anything but i can definetly beta test.

Looks like a good project!
If you need it, I can model weapons and other not animated weapons.
Here's a preview of my work:
GreatAxeScreenie.jpg

ScytheScreenie.jpg

Level 7
Just wanna check if im a beta tester or not :D.Maybe you should make a list of whos doing what or something like i said earlier i can skin simple things so jsut PM me about me beta testing or possibly skinning.

Level 8
Hmm yea there are some I've neglected in my sig since they arnt activelly doing anything right now, but I'll add in the beta testers. If I make a mistake PM me for a fix.

EDIT:

Here's what I think the team is so far, but atm only Killer_Mushroom is confirmed.

Killer_Mushroom - Terrain
Wolverabid - Beta Tester + Possible Dialogue Editor
PrinceofIce - Beta Tester
Kjiverx -Dialogue Editor

Still need some sort of artist for a few icons and loading screen + 1 to 2 additional testers.

Last edited:
Level 4
I'd like to help but i have no real skill with the editor. i could maybe do some dialog or betatest.

Yes, this is my first post. You motivated me sufficiently to finally register. woohoo.

Level 14
Kjiverx your new like me nice to meet another person like me!! Anyway i can beta test and i am good at thinking up storylines and stuff like that + I would love to help with your map in any other way that i can and cant think of now.

Level 8
xXMephistoXx : As far as I can tell so far extra models arn't neccessary, but this could change.
Kjiverx and Gath_stormer: I'll get back to you on the beta testing position, and welcome to the hive :)

I'm having some slightly serious problems with my PC atm, so other than Killer_Mushrooms terrain there's going to be a bit of a halt in my working the next few days. The problem is my D drive (the one that reads CD/DVDs) has mysteriously vanished, therefore I cant use anything that requires a CD/DVD. Doing a System Restore has fixed this before but only temporarily, if anyone knows how I can fix this problem it would be highly appreciated.

Level 4
making .iso's of everything with a second computer and using daemontools would "fix" the not being able to read, but that's an absurd amount of work and pointless. I can make an example of my dialog-skill if given a setting

Level 4
xXMephistoXx : As far as I can tell so far extra models arn't neccessary, but this could change.
Kjiverx and Gath_stormer: I'll get back to you on the beta testing position, and welcome to the hive :)

I'm having some slightly serious problems with my PC atm, so other than Killer_Mushrooms terrain there's going to be a bit of a halt in my working the next few days. The problem is my D drive (the one that reads CD/DVDs) has mysteriously vanished, therefore I cant use anything that requires a CD/DVD. Doing a System Restore has fixed this before but only temporarily, if anyone knows how I can fix this problem it would be highly appreciated.

are you sure the drive is the problem? I've had cursed disks before. but that was on a mac (not mine), on a windows it's probably the drive i suppose. have you tried directly targetting the drive with the run command?

Level 8
It appears to be fixed now. The problem was that the drive was gone completelly, so no icon no reading no even registering that a D drive exsists.
I've cleared all history, killed all temp files, uninstalled alot of stuff then proceeded to defragment everything along with virus and disk scans. . . it took time. But all fixed now (I hope).
Back on Topic : Anyone interested in rewriting the dialogue that really needs fixing send me a PM and I'll send back a dialogue script for a single scene to see what you can do before deciding.

Also, there's only a few icons the project needs but when the need arises I'll post in this forum and see who raises their hand to try to make it.

Here's one: A passive ability for the Diabolist class causes a chance for flames to appear at the feet of the hero when it's hit. The flames proceed to burn enemies for about 10 seconds before fizzing out. The thought behind this is that flames emerge from the hero from the evil contained inside him/her once enraged.

Level 8
Sorry been a bit busy latelly.
I sent a dialogue thing to a few people who still havent responded, but from I got back it looks like you're the dialogue person. The ones who havent responded would probably be too busy now anyway. I've added you to the Team post and sig.

Level 14
Sorry about not giveing you the dialodge response i cant do the dialodge I am Busy with my new Warcraft III Frozen Throne rping clan.

Level 4
well then, it seems I am the dialogueer...no...dialoguer...no...dialouge-doer...no...maker of of dialogue...screw it.

Level 23
can I aply to something (altrough I have not realy experience with map making or anything in that sence =() I would realy apreciate it if I could join in any way. I might have some talent, altrough I don't know what it i yet ^^ Well.. Maybe it's thinking of story's but you have a storie already right?

Last edited:
Level 4
so, umm, I can't write dialogue without a plot to write from. could you send me a plot so i can do something?