• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Voidspawn Building Pack

This pack includes the Voidspawn buildings from the Heaven's Fall Race Mod.

This is the model of the Abyss Rift building from the Heaven's Fall Warcraft Mod.

It has a spell animation where it glows green and expands outward (to explode).

This is the Aether Gate building from Heaven's Fall Warcraft Mod.

I will attach to the bundle the 2017 version as well that is used in the private newest version of Heaven's Fall but is probably not anywhere publicly I guess.

This is the Altar of Abyss form the Heaven's Fall Warcraft Mod.

It has a stand work animation where there is a stylized particle glow in the Voidwalker Statue's hands. The previewer probably previews it as a square but I'm pretty sure that in-game it's actually round.

This is the nether-drained Gold Mine from the Heaven's Fall Warcraft Mod.

The surface of the mine uses an animated texture shimmer. This file is from a long time ago, but it appears that I renamed the Birth animation to "Arise" deliberately so that the Birth animation would not work ingame and that way the birthing behaviors of this unit can be handled by triggers. Obviously if you needed to actually use that birth animation in-game you could rename "Arise" back to "Birth".

This is the Prison of the Tortured building from Heaven's Fall Warcraft Mod.

It makes a decent Tier 2 Void race structure.

This is the Shadow Bunker building from the Heaven's Fall Warcraft Mod.

For some reason it took me years to think of the purple version, and so originally I was using the orange version. I think the purple one looks better, but the orange one is using in-game textures or whatever, so I will include both in this bundle and you can choose your favorite.

This bundle includes the different variations of the Voidwalker town hall type buildings that I created over the years for the Voidspawn race in Heaven's Fall. I will leave it to you as a map designer to decide which order to put them in or how you want to configure one upgrading into another!

Definitely don't hesitate to open them up in Retera Model Studio and import three different versions into a single file with transitional Birth Upgrade First and Birth Upgrade Second animations if you want to.

This is the Vortex of Sacrifice building from the Heaven's Fall Warcraft Mod.

It was made years apart from a lot of the other custom models that went into the Void race and so stylistically the base model is a little bit different, using an animated swirling particle emitter that was merged in using the Matrix Eater technology with I think I had just invented at the time, or something. (We're talking 2012 technology here when a lot of the others were originally Notepad jobs done with Oinkerwinkle in the 2008-2010 era. So to me this one stands out in an interesting way, but hopefully thematically it still fits with similar models.)
Contents

Abyss Rift (Model)

Aether Gate (Model)

Aether Gate 2017 (Model)

Altar of Abyss Purple (Model)

Altar of Abyss Red (Model)

BTNAbyssRiftPurple (Icon)

BTNAethergate (Icon)

BTNAetherGate2017 (Icon)

BTNAltarOfAbyss (Icon)

BTNNethershrine (Icon)

BTNPrisonsOfTheTortured (Icon)

BTNShadowbunker (Icon)

BTNShadowbunkerPurple (Icon)

BTNVoidcraftedHall (Icon)

BTNVoidHallUp1 (Icon)

BTNVortexOfSacrifice (Icon)

Drained Goldmine (Model)

Drained Goldmine Orange (Model)

Prisons of the Tortured (Model)

Shadow Bunker Orange (Model)

Shadow Bunker Purple (Model)

Town Hall-3DS Max Export from 2010 (Model)

Town Hall-Basion of Lament (Model)

Town Hall-Dark Shrine X2 (Model)

Town Hall-Great Rift (Model)

Town Hall-Mannoroth Head Shrine (Model)

Town Hall-Mannoroth Head Shrine Purple (Model)

Town Hall-Nethershrine (Model)

Town Hall-Sliver Shatter 4 (Model)

Void Birth (Model)

Void-crafted Hall (Model)

Vortex of Sacrifice (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A very well made collection of buildings with a distinctive and coherent artistic style. Great job.
Thanks for your appreciations, I made these models years ago some of them up to even a decade ago, just like hundreds of others that I made but didn't put in the models section because that would take a while and also they are substandard geomerges like these or whatever, and I didn't want to hear it and preferred to tell myself they are cool.

All of the models don't have a proper or attractive birth animation. If I was a moderator I'd tell you to go fix 'em. Also, if there aren't attachment points and collision shapes, consider installing them on.

EDIT:

I tried to open Abyss Rift with War3 Model Editor v1.07, but - "Expected a VRTX tag, got a '*' tag"

So, your models are also broken. Nice.

Last edited:
I tried to open Abyss Rift with War3 Model Editor v1.07, "Expected a VRTX tag, got a '*' tag"

So, your models are also broken. Nice.

No, that means War3 Model Editor is broken. (Edit: Literally. Back in 2010 or whenever I made this I didn't know War3 Model Editor existed, so I didn't restrict myself to your subset of the format. I was using the format of the official War3 game)

The birth animation is a linked model in the same style as the original ones in-game. The import path is "SharedModels\VoidBirth.mdx"

Many of these models are very old and it is possible they might be missing certain attachment points. So I tagged the bundle with open source. Feel free to fix it however you want!

Last edited:
Level 4
these buildings are awsome but for some reason i can't use them :( (I already imported a lot of models and thoes just workd fine)
What do you mean you can't use them? It may depend on the version of WorldEdit you're using. I tried using the 1.31 patch (can be found somewhere in the forums) to update my Warcraft Classic after Blizzard removed that ability for Reforged's release, and I've got a couple weird bugs, including custom Icons disappearing in WorldEdit. It mainly triggers if I load a test map, but is fixed if I quit WorldEdit and reload.

Level 2
I am having difficulty making this work completely. I think I have imported all the textures in the pack, but the texture still isn't working correctly, specifically the SliverShatter4 and the DarkShrineX2 models. The top doesn't quite load. I am wondering if there is some step I am missing, though I have also imported void birth, as expected.

Any advice?

Attachments

• SliverShatter4.PNG
    SliverShatter4.PNG
    911 KB · Views: 23
  • DarkShrineX2.PNG
    DarkShrineX2.PNG
    914.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Imported textures1.PNG
    Imported textures1.PNG
    18 KB · Views: 23
I am wondering if there is some step I am missing
Sure, for any model there is a computer generated guide to set it up:
1652923128512.png

In this case, in that guide it looks like maybe one of the textures is in the computer generated picture but not in your picture:
1652923199214.png

Other than that, it's been years since I made this model but I'm guessing one of the rock chunk textures didn't load based on your picture. That can happen if you try to preview the model before setting up all of these imports correctly, in which case the simplest solution is to restart your map editor, and in the worst case re-import everything and set up the file paths first before attempting to view it, to fix the problem in the map editor's texture cache.

Level 2
You were right, it simply hadn't loaded correctly (despite me restarting World Editor to check). It works now, thanks for helping out. Great models!

remarkable
Thanks. It is one of the 7 races in the mod I was working on back in the day:

My irl friends convinced me we should not use models from a site like Hive at the time, and should make all our own custom models as much as possible, so I was making custom for the units. Voidspawn is just one of the races. But because I worked on the stuff in that mod for so many years, it was of varying quality and not uploaded to Hive back when it was being made 10-15 years ago.

It's only in 2020 that this stuff was uploaded. In many cases, maybe a decade after it was made. Reforged makes me tired, and I wanted the people who still appreciate classic to pilfer my life story for its component parts and maybe use those to keep the dream alive, even if the shareholders of Warcraft brand don't want to keep the dream alive.

Let me know if you ever see any models or things in the Heaven's Fall techtrees, screenshots, whatever that you want. These bundles are made by pilfering the best among things I had created, but it always feels like there was a lot that I never uploaded to Hive Models Section. Sometimes the assets are not considered unique enough nor enough work to be permitted to upload them, so what you get here on Hive are these ripped out pieces of what was intended to be a complete experience. For example, all the units of the race these buildings were for... Some of the more notable heroes are uploaded to Hive, but most of the units just simply aren't that I recall. The idea was to mostly have them feature a lot of glow planes like voidwalkers, but to introduce team color I set them up to pulse the team color, at least on some versions. So, a lot of the units were stylized wc3 creep models, and maybe not inspiring to Hive model reviewers and could just be taken down.

Level 2
Hello, first of all, insane models u rdy did a great job with theses !
Sadly I dont know what the matter but I cant use them, am using 1.30 TFT, I did exactly import as the tutorial said, when I start le game the building isnt apparent at all
Any help would be rly welcome
1708650131679.png

These models were used in a 1.26 mod that I created many years ago. As the author of Retera Model Studio, I am generally OK with you opening and editing these models and I spend my time more focused on the tools than on the output of the tools. So, if you have any issue with the models, feel free to fix those issues.

The most likely problem that you might encounter would be that the models probably are still using sorted file paths from the mod that they were created for. So, a custom texture might need to be Buildings\Voidspawn\ShrineOfAether\ShrineOfAether.blp instead of ShineOfAether.blp nor Textures\ShrineOfAether.blp in the Import Manager.

But I also thought that the Hive import tutorial usually accounted for this problem. Have you tried dumping the models into Sanity Test to list model errors? If there are severe errors that actually cause it not to show, it might be as simple as fixing them. As the author of Retera Model Studio I know how to fix them, or if I don't get back to you in time you could fix them too.

(Which model file specifically were you having a problem with?)