• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom UI - Voidspawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made these UIs for Retera's melee gameplay mod Heaven's Fall for the Voidspawn and Lost Tribe factions. Do not edit without permission and give credits if used.

116571-albums6660-picture72843.jpg

116571-albums6660-picture73700.jpg

116571-albums6660-picture73701.jpg

116571-albums6660-picture73702.jpg

116571-albums6660-picture73696.jpg

116571-albums6660-picture73697.jpg

116571-albums6660-picture73698.jpg

116571-albums6660-picture73699.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Downloads~
Voidspawn UI | Lost Tribe UI

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I might make more but it's taken me so much time to make just this one UI that I was wondering if anybody had any tips or pointers that might help me make UIs faster or in a more streamlined manner?

PS: Please do not use this in your map; I made it specifically for Heaven's Fall. The point of the custom UI was for the mod to have some unique resources, so if it's used everywhere it kind of defeats the purpose of uniqueness. If you really want to, ask Retera's permission.

Attachments

• VoidspawnUI.rar
    734.2 KB · Views: 2,675
  • LostTribeUI.rar
    717.2 KB · Views: 1,595
Last edited:
Level 25
Woah, this is some pretty neat stuff. It's a little too dark for my taste, but still really great.

UIs do generally take a shit ton of time, which is also why there are so few of them. However, 67chrome made this excellent guideline during Texturing Contest #18, which is really helpful for the early stages. Of course, this doesn't really help you with your current UI, but will make it much easier in the future.

Bump. Updated OP with download links :D
Retera said it was okay to share dem UIs. I updated everything complete with cursor, menu borders and spell effect circle, although I couldn't get the later to work. Let me know if you can get it to show up in-game.

Also can I get a mod to change the thread's title to Custom UI - Heaven's Fall please?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I love people that make custom UI's... They are so difficult to make right, and are tons of work, so that turns a lot of talented people off to them.

That being said, I feel like while they are definitely cool, they lack somewhat in "Warcraft-ish-ness"... Especially the Lost One UI. Those mushrooms and other nurnies are just so realistic-looking. :< (Now, I know this is for a Total Conversion with nearly total custom model, so if *all* the models & UI's look like this, then it's not so big a deal. Still, from what I can tell, Retera has stuck with the Wc3-look, so maybe it is?...)

Anyway, if you ever get bored and feel like doing a Jungle Troll UI, I've got some notes... :p

I know what you mean, but the thing is, I can't draw worth a damn, so all I can do is use textures and photomanipulation. There's probably is a filter out there that can give photos a 'drawing' look to it, but I wasn't took keen on the idea because in my experience filters of this type don't really work. I'm pretty satisfied with what I achieved (being the first time making UIs) so unless I'm visited by an otherworldly drive of perfectionism, they'll stay that way :p

Level 2
i really like the Void spawn UI, but for some reason, when i imported it and redone the texture paths, the map just went corrupt. i still have no idea how this happened and it seems impossible to fix. but the skins are very nice

Level 14
Yeah, it's official mate. I'm gonna use your UI for Version 2.0 of my Survive the Night project (it's going to take at least three weeks to make the new version, because I'm adding whole new levels of gameplay)

So I figured a new, fresh look would add even further to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.