• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Northrend Buildings Pack

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
This bundle includes the models created for my personal faction of Northrend creatures, which went through several iterations and was originally titled "Freezing Legion" and later "Northpact".

Making these models was definitely a passion project for me so please give credit if you use them. However, I really like to encourage creativity so feel free to edit them however you wish. Thanks!

If you make a faction using these, I suggest as a possible option to use one of my town hall variants from here:
Frozen Halls [and derivatives]
Contents

BTNBlockOfIce (Icon)

BTNCrystallineCavern (Icon)

BTNHuntersRest (Icon)

BTNIceCuttersLodge (Icon)

BTNIceWall (Icon)

BTNIcySpire (Icon)

BTNIgloo (Icon)

BTNNorthernShop (Icon)

BTNPermafrostSnowman (Icon)

BTNSpiderShrine (Icon)

BTNTundralAltar (Icon)

Crystalline Cavern (Model)

FBirth (Model)

Ground Texture for Northrend Buildings (Texture)

Hunters Rest (Model)

IceCuttersLodge (Model)

Icy Spire (Model)

Igloo (Model)

Northern Vendor Shop (Model)

Skeleton Altar (Model)

Tuskarr Altar (Model)

Upgrading Ice Tower (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
I found some problems with your models. Icecutter's Lodge, Northern Vendor Shop, and Igloo are unclickable during Birth animation. Your texture paths are really mixed, I suggest changing them into a similar format for ease of usage. Hive's Sanity...

ILH

ILH

Model Reviewer
Level 25
I found some problems with your models.
  • Icecutter's Lodge, Northern Vendor Shop, and Igloo are unclickable during Birth animation.
  • Your texture paths are really mixed, I suggest changing them into a similar format for ease of usage.
  • Hive's Sanity Tester detected a lot of other issues, one of the models had 8000+ warnings in it. Please optimize them.
Sanity Checker

Level 3
Hi, thanks for these awesome models!

Sorry if that's a dumb question, but when I apply the recommended texture path (e‧g. Buildings/FreezingLegion/CrystallineCavern/Spidermine‧blp), my WE returns an error message saying it can't find create that repository, and that the access path is not found Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks a ton!

Last edited:
Level 2
there is problem which the system said unable create directory for the path (Buildings/FreezingLegion/AltarOfTheIce/AltarofTheIce.blp), may I ask how to solve it?

there is problem which the system said unable create directory for the path
Until Reforged, the forward slash '/' is an illegal path for Warcraft III and you should NOT USE IT. Instead, you should use the backwards slash '\' which is the way to separate folders on Warcraft III and Windows. This has been the case for 20 years. Reforged tries to support the forward slash '/', but it can probably still cause issues. In general, you should just never use the forward slash '/' on Warcraft III modding unless you can't help it (such as due to a Reforged thing).

Level 3
Until Reforged, the forward slash '/' is an illegal path for Warcraft III and you should NOT USE IT. Instead, you should use the backwards slash '\' which is the way to separate folders on Warcraft III and Windows. This has been the case for 20 years. Reforged tries to support the forward slash '/', but it can probably still cause issues. In general, you should just never use the forward slash '/' on Warcraft III modding unless you can't help it (such as due to a Reforged thing).
HOT DAMN! I've encountered dozens of models with that problem, and I couldn't get a solution‧.. But you just fixed them all at once! Thank you friend <3

Level 11
Whoa the Tuskarrs clan will really love their home now, but the undeads may fight them for it 😁. Anyway very well done sir, as a complete pack 👍.

Level 25
Really really useful for a Tuskarr race! Do I have to add the birth animation manually? It would be nice to see a 3 tier main building and a farm. Currently, I use Blizzard's doodad Igloo model for farms and the main building but it does not have any birth animation either.

Do I have to add the birth animation manually?
The birth model is linked via a BirthLink. So, the automatically generated "how to import this model" thing on Hive is not correct. The attached "FBirth" file should load in game as the birth animation for these models if you import it to the path "SharedModels\FBirth". This is the same system used by Night Elf and Undead birth models ingame.
It would be nice to see a 3 tier main building and a farm.
When I used these models, I used the "Igloo" model ("Igloobase6.mdx") as the farm. Yes it has extra decals beyond simply an Igloo, but I was using these models on Windows 7-10 with higher specs than what Warcraft 3 was originally designed for and I do not recall encountering any particular lag from having a fancier farm model. At some point I had a non-decorated original igloo model which linked the same birth animation, but as you might figure making such a model in Retera Model Studio by using the base original igloo should probably only take a matter of seconds.
For the town hall, I was this:

Edit: Here are examples of me using these ingame:

Last edited: