• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Valkyrie Abilities Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Jump to: Abilities | Talents

Valkyrie Icon.png
Abilities
Valkyrie Icon.png

BTN
Icon
Name
Description
Normal Mode
Divine Lance.png
Lance Mode
Dread Lance.png
Talent.png
Talent
Talent.png
Q
Lvl1 - Valkyrie Slash.png
Valkyrie Slash
Generates a stack that will cause your next attack to deal 30% more damage. Stacks up to 2 times. Lasts for 20 seconds. Cooldown: 6 seconds
Recovers 5 MP on attacks. Mana cost: -
Divine Lance.png
Attacks heal a friendly unit in range by Damage + Spellpower x 2.5 .
Dread Lance.png
Attacks deal additional Attackpower x 0.5 Shadow damage to the target. Mana cost: 5 MP
Level 25: Increases MP gain of offensive Valkyrie abilities by 50%. Level 25: Valkyrie Slash can now stack up to 3 times. Level 40: Critical strikes with standard melee attacks will now create a free charge of Valkyrie Slash. Level 50: Reduces the cooldown of Valkyrie Slash by 2 seconds.
Q
Lvl1 - Northwind Blast.png
Northwind Blast
Deals Attackpower x 0.5 Water damage to the target and additional Attackpower x 1.0 Water damage over 5 seconds. Cooldown: 8 seconds
Recovers 5 MP . Mana Cost: -
Divine Lance.png
A friendly unit in range will be healed by Damage x 2.0 + Spellpower x 2.5 .
Dread Lance.png
Damage increased by 100% . The target is also slowed for the duration. Mana Cost: 6 MP
Level 25: Increases MP gain of offensive Valkyrie abilities by 50%. Level 25: Northwind Blast duration increased by 3 seconds. Level 50: Reduces the cooldown of Northwind Blast by 2 seconds.
R
Lvl3 - Divine Lance.png
Divine Lance
Summons or unsommons your Lance weapon and imbues it with divine power to heal your allies. Offensive abilities will consume MP to apply additional effects. Reduces Attackspeed by 25%. Can only be used with a Lance equipped. Cooldown: None
Mana Cost: -
Mana Cost: 10 MP * when Disabling Divine Lance . *Consumes 10 MP rather than a cost. Can be used with less than 10 MP but will reduce MP to 0
Level 40: Divine Lance will also decrease the movement and attack speed of all enemies within range by 10%.
R
Lvl3 - Dread Lance.png
Dread Lance
Summons or unsommons your Lance weapon and imbues it with divine power to destroy your enemies. Offensive abilities will consume MP to apply additional effects. Can only be used with a Lance equipped. Cooldown: None
Mana Cost: -
Mana Cost: 10 MP * when Disabling Dread Lance . *Consumes 10 MP rather than a cost. Can be used with less than 10 MP but will reduce MP to 0
Level 40: Dread Lance will also decrease the movement and attack speed of all enemies within range by 10%.
W
Lvl5 - Aurora Blade.png
Aurora Blade
Quickly dashes towards the target location. You can not travel through solid objects and any such obstacles will block your movement. Cooldown: 12 seconds
None. Mana Cost: -
Divine Lance.png
All friendly units on your path will be healed by Spellpower x 3.0 .
Dread Lance.png
All enemy units on your path will take Attackpower x 1.5 physical damage. Enemy units near the target location will also be stunned for 1 second. Mana Cost: 7 MP
Level 35: Aurora Blade will now heal friendly targets even when used in normal weapon mode. Level 40: Increases radius of all area of effect abilities by 30%.
W
Lvl5 - Iredescent Mark.png
Iridescent Mark
Marks a friendly or hostile target to be susceptible to Lance effects. When used on a friendly target, all beneficial Lance effects will also be applied to the buffed target. When used on a hostile target, all harmful Lance effects will also be applied to the buffed target. Lance effects applied this way can even stack with the regular effect. Can only be used on one target at the same time. Cooldown: None
Mana Cost: 5 MPMana Cost: 5 MP
Level 35: Iridescent Mark can now also be used on the caster. Level 45: Iridescent Mark will now also increase all resistances of the target by 10% if the target is friendly and reduce all resistances by 10% if the target is hostile.
A
Lvl13 - Urgency.png
Urgency
Resets the cooldown of your Lance abilities when used. Cooldown: 45 seconds
Mana Cost: -Mana Cost: -
Level 25: Reduces the cooldown of Urgency by 10 seconds.
A
Lvl13 - Radiant Hearth.png
Radiant Heart
Increases HP of all group members in range by Spellpower x 0.75 and Attackpower by Spellpower x 0.1 . Lasts 180 seconds Cooldown: 150 seconds
Mana Cost: 25 MPMana Cost: 25 MP
Level 25: Increases AP and HP bonus of Radiant Heart by 30%. Level 50: Radiant Heart now also increases Spellhaste by 15%.
E
Lvl25 - Corona Burst.png
Corona Burst
Slams your Lance into the ground, dealing Attackpower x 1.2 Magic damage to all enemies around the caster. Cooldown: 20 seconds
Recovers 2 MP for every enemy damaged. Mana Cost: - MP
Divine Lance.png
Additionally heals all friendly units in range by Spellpower x 3.0 .
Dread Lance.png
Deals additional Attackpower x 1.0 Shadow damage over 5 seconds and slows attack, casting and movement speed of all enemies affected by 10%. Mana Cost: 8 MP
Level 25: Increases MP gain of offensive Valkyrie abilities by 50%. Level 40: Increases radius of all area of effect abilities by 30%
D
Lvl27 - Divine Hammer.png
Divine Hammer
Interrupts and deals Attackpower x 1.5 Magic damage to all enemies around the target location. Cooldown: 35 seconds
Recovers 2 MP for every enemy hit. Mana Cost: - MP
Divine Lance.png
Consecrates the ground, healing all allies within the area of effect by Spellpower x 1.5 every second over 5 seconds. The healed amount is distributed between all allies healed every second.
Dread Lance.png
Deals additional Attackpower x 3.5 Shadow damage. Shadow damage is distributed equally between all enemies affected. Mana Cost: 10 MP
Level 25: Increases MP gain of offensive Valkyrie abilities by 50%. Level 25: Divine Hammer consecration effect duration increased by 3 seconds. Level 40: Increases radius of all area of effect abilities by 30%
S
Lvl33 - Meditation.png
Meditation
Recovers 10% of the caster's maximum MP every second for 5 seconds. Cooldown resets when out of combat. Cooldown: 120 seconds
Mana Cost: - MPMana Cost: - MP
Level 35: Meditation now recovers MP instantly. Level 45: Meditation will now also revive all fallen heroes in range when used out of combat.
F
Lvl37 - Forward Striking.png
Forward Striking
Channels a flurry of 4 consecutive melee attacks, dealing Attackpower x 1.25 physical damage each to the selected target over 2.5 seconds. While channeling, the caster also takes 50% less damage. Not affected by Spell Haste. Cooldown: 40 seconds
Recovers 2 MP on every hit. Mana Cost: - MP
Divine Lance.png
Every hit will heal a friendly unit in range by Damage + Spellpower x 1.5 .
Dread Lance.png
Target is immobilized over the duration. The final attack will deal triple damage and stun the target for 2 seconds. Mana Cost: 12 MP
Level 25: Increases MP gain of offensive Valkyrie abilities by 50%.
Z
Lvl43 - Angelic Twin.png
Angelic Twin
Calls your ethereal twin that uses the same ability set as the caster, but uses the opposite Lance. Lasts 40 seconds. Cooldown: 120 seconds
Mana Cost: 50 MPMana Cost: 50 MP
Level 50: Angelic Twin duration increased by 20 seconds.

Talents.png
Talents
Talents.png

Lvl
Icon
First
Second
Third
Talent - Lvl 10.png
Increases maximum HP by 15%Increases maximum MP by 15%Increases attack speed by 10%
Talent - Lvl 15.png
Increases chance to score a critical hit by 5%Increases all resistances by 10%Increases movement speed by 10%
Talent - Lvl 20.png
Increases healing done by 10%Increases physical ability damage by 7%Increases chance to hit with standard attacks by 10%
Talent - Lvl 25.png
Increases MP gain of offensive Valkyrie abilities by 50%Valkyrie Slash can now stack up to 3 times. Northwind Blast duration increased by 3 seconds.Reduces the cooldown of Urgency by 10 seconds. Increases AP and HP bonus of Radiant Heart by 30%.
Talent - Lvl 30.png
Increases Spellpower by 7%Increases Attackpower by 7%Increases attack speed by 10%
Talent - Lvl 35.png
Aurora Blade will now heal friendly targets even when used in normal weapon mode. Iridescent Mark can now also be used on the caster.Divine Hammer consecration effect duration increased by 3 seconds.Meditation now recovers MP instantly.
Talent - Lvl 40.png
Increases radius of all area of effect abilities by 30%.
Critical strikes with standard melee attacks will now create a free charge of Valkyrie Slash . Note: This doesn't need the Ability Valkyrie Slash to be picked. The valkyrie will have Valkyrie Slash charge even if you choose Northwind Blast as the Level 1 Ability.
Divine Lance and Dread Lance will also decrease the movement and attack speed of all enemies within range by 10%.
Talent - Lvl 45.png
Attacks from behind the target will have their critical strike damage increased by 50%.Meditation will now also revive all fallen heroes in range when used out of combat.Iridescent Mark will now also increase all resistances of the target by 10% if the target is friendly and reduce all resistances by 10% if the target is hostile.
Talent - Lvl 50.png
Radiant Heart now also increases Spellhaste by 15%.Reduces the cooldown of Valkyrie Slash and Northwind Blast by 2 seconds.Angelic Twin duration increased by 20 seconds.

Last edited:
Level 1
Thanks for this ! You might want to add a column for talents that affect the spells. Nice work :)

Level 2
Abilities and talents are done. Now I just need to change the title but I cannot.

Credits to ALEXz407's work. I used some of his/her icons (talents) and table format (talents).

Level 3
Just wondering about mark: so effectively this doubles damage/healing from lances? For example with Valkyrie slash, will I be doing ap x1 damage per hit? Also regarding north wind blast, does the 100% effect get doubled to 200%?

Also what's the current meta build?

Level 3
Your options ;

Dps Valkry ; Slash + Mark + Urgency // Talents ; HP + Critic + phys Dmg or ChancetHt (Phy only for Forward o/w CthT for slash) + Urgency CD + AP + Meditation + Free Charge + Attack from Behind + Twin

Dps Valkry ; Blast + Mark + Urgency // Talents ; HP + Critic + phys Dmg + Urgency + Ap + Meditation + Reduce Enemy %10 + Attack from Behind + Reduce CD

Healing Valkry ; Blast + Aurora + RH // Talents ; MP* + AIIR + Heal %10 + RH %30 + SP %7 + D.Hammer +3 Dur + Radius %30 + Med Can Rev allies + Reduce CD

Healing Valkry Proc ; Slash + Mark + RH // Talents ; HP + Critic + ChancetHt + RH %30 + SP %7 + Meditation + Free Charge + Med Can Rev allies + Reduce CD

* Depends of your Defensive soul you might pick other or keep as maximize Mp/Hp
Proc build need at least 40cc for decent Proc rate.

Last edited:
Level 2
Just wondering about mark: so effectively this doubles damage/healing from lances? For example with Valkyrie slash, will I be doing ap x1 damage per hit? Also regarding north wind blast, does the 100% effect get doubled to 200%?

Also what's the current meta build?

Given that you are attacking/targeting the same creature with Iridescent Mark. Yes, it doubles the effect of the lance mode abilities. Also take note that if using Valkyrie Slash with Dread Lance active, it wont directly deals x1.0 AP damage, it deals twice x0.5 AP damage. I'm saying this because both damage will check crit chance. It is the same with Northwind Blast, it deals 100% increased damage twice.

Level 3
Thank you juvia. Ive been asking around as well. Apparently the level 40 proc talent still works even if you dont have slash learnt (like how monks can debuff enemies with curse without having it/opting for sunfire). In that case blast does seem to be the superior option.

Ive also been pondering about the level 25 talent and you seem to favour urgency cd rather than blast duration. IIRC an extended blast duration means more DoT. Combined with dread lance and mark, well you are gonna have some serious dps there. On the other hand, having urgency cd means all your skills will have a much shorter cd (which means more dps) and 100% twin uptime without resorting to the level 50 talent (remember the twin also benefits from overall reduced spell cd). Extra blast duration will mean there is 5 sec window your twin isnt there to deal dps. Hence i think urgency cd is overall better. What does everyone think about it? About blast duration vs urgency cd.

You also mention hp talent at level 10 and seem to not favour the attack speed talent which supports the level 40 proc talent. Do valkyries usually have too low hp?

Level 3
Given that you are attacking/targeting the same creature with Iridescent Mark. Yes, it doubles the effect of the lance mode abilities. Also take note that if using Valkyrie Slash with Dread Lance active, it wont directly deals x1.0 AP damage, it deals twice x0.5 AP damage. I'm saying this because both damage will check crit chance. It is the same with Northwind Blast, it deals 100% increased damage twice.

So northwind does double double damage... Quadruple damage?

Level 3
Aspd talent add about half second faster hit. As for 2x Aspd talent total 1 sec faster attacks ofc %7 AP always better imho.
Lvl 50 Naked 426 HP
Stormcrow + Yarr be Captain + Ethereal Mantle with 566 HP with Talent 650 HP +HP aura its 682 HP.
Only with items+aura its 594
Of course if you got Defensive HP soul Aspd Talent better , was just testing yeah blast more superior (just noticed dont have to pick slash skill for charges) as for that changes Lvl 50 talent should be Reduce CD.

Level 2

Yes it is Quad damage, making it superior vs Valkyrie Slash. Valkyrie Slash was a better pick for me before, but the new thing I learned right now (talent Level 40: Second Option doesn't need the spell itself? :razz:), I'll use Northwind Blast starting now. @Ethical thanks for mentioning that.

(just noticed dont have to pick slash skill for charges)

I'll add a note to the talents tree that we can use it without the skill. This is new for me.

Somehow, I'd agree with @Juvia_Lockser . I am playing this solo and having more HP would be better for survival vs an extra attackspeed. My opinion might change if I could play this online. (Still Blue Armor set :cry:)

Level 3
Thanks both of you! I love theory crafting new classes :) maybe when I get the luxury to play this weekend, I will test out Valkyrie for myself :p

Level 2

To support this, I just tried it and here's the damage output. (Crits not included)

Normal = 65 Initial Damage + 130 DoT (26 x 5 ticks) = 195 Damage
Divine Lance = 130 Initial Damage + 260 DoT (52 x 5 ticks) = 260 Damage
Divine Lance with Mark = 260 Initial Damage (you will see two 130 damage) + 520 DoT (52 x 2 x 5 ticks) = 780 Damage

No imagine it with crits, in my part it looks satisfying while testing. :grin:
As you can see... I will reset and use Northwind Blast from now on. Hahahaha

Level 3
To support this, I just tried it and here's the damage output. (Crits not included)

Normal = 65 Initial Damage + 130 DoT (26 x 5 ticks) = 195 Damage
Divine Lance = 130 Initial Damage + 260 DoT (52 x 5 ticks) = 260 Damage
Divine Lance with Mark = 260 Initial Damage (you will see two 130 damage) + 520 DoT (52 x 2 x 5 ticks) = 780 Damage

No imagine it with crits, in my part it looks satisfying while testing. :grin:
As you can see... I will reset and use Northwind Blast from now on. Hahahaha

Awesome :) could you also run a DPS test for the level 25 talents: extended blast duration vs urgency CD while you're at it? My gut feeling tells me urgency CD is better but quadruple extra DoT is starting to make me think otherwise.

Level 2
Awesome :) could you also run a DPS test for the level 25 talents: extended blast duration vs urgency CD while you're at it? My gut feeling tells me urgency CD is better but quadruple extra DoT is starting to make me think otherwise.

sure thing

I'll use the same damage output above.

Normal = 65 Initial Damage + 208 DoT (26 x 8 ticks) = 273 Damage (was 195)
Divine Lance = 130 Initial Damage + 416 DoT (52 x 8 ticks) = 546 Damage (was 390)
Divine Lance with Mark = 260 Initial Damage (you will see two 130 damage) + 520 DoT (52 x 2 x 8 ticks) = 1092 Damage (was 780)

now lets take it to account the times you can cast Northwind Blast within 35 seconds.

CD is 8 sec, 4 cast (with 5 seconds cooldown time left, so last cast does 3 ticks only)= 3848 total Northwind Blast damage.

This is the damage of my other skills

Corona Burst = 156 Initial + 260 DoT (26 x 5 ticks x 2 (Marked)) = 416 Damage
Divine Hammer = 195 Magic damage + 910 Shadow damage (Given that target is solo) (455 x 2 (Marked)) = 1105 Damage
Forward Striking = 489 (163 x 3 (first 3 attacks)) + 978 Last hit (489 x 2 (Marked)) = 1467 Damage

Total damage = 2988 (3768 with Northwind Blast for 5 sec)

So here is the damage output

Talent is Northwind Blast duration for 35 seconds = 3848 (Northwind Blast x 4) + 2988 (All other skills) = 6836 Damage

Talent is Urgency Cooldown = 260 initial + 312 (52 x 2 x 3 sec tick*) + 2988 (All other skills) -> [Cast Urgency] -> 2988 (All other skills) + 3 cast of Northwind Blast (2340 total damage) + Corona Burst will cooldown (416 Damage) = 9304 Damage

* 3 ticks because Forward Striking last for 2.5 sec. if fast enough, you could cast all for 0.5 sec i guess...
Be noted that all of the above stats is based on my character and calculated as is. Also i did not account for defense and resistance. Feel free to correct me if I miss or was wrong at something.

My Conclusion, Urgency CD is better than the 3 additional duration if you are mostly going to go Boss hunting. Northwind Blast 3 sec duration is better for mob farming. (Used it vs White Wolf and it killed it (with crits) without me doing other abilities or attacking)

I'll leave this here and let you and the others decide :) Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.